Old 05-17-2004, 09:31 AM   #16  
Walking away the weight

Default A Whole New Week

Well, I haven't received my WW kit yet (probably today or tomorrow), but I've used Penny, Geri, and Spryng's helpful info on their Mommies Losing Weight website to at least begin to follow the plan today, so it's my official start date So, for breakfast it was 1/2 an oat bran english muffin, 1/2 tbs cream cheese with my coffee. And, thankfully, I'm back to my normal walking schedule with my downstairs neighbor. Back to the park . . . the park is only one block away from us, so it's wonderful.

Melinda: How cute that JW has a little tan. Liam is so pale, but DH and I are olive-toned so we're kind of like, "Whose baby is this?" I always have to lather him up with sunscreen

Hi, Crystal I also got caught up on laundry once my mother left. It felt good to be back on top of that. Glad your little one was able to sleep better.

Geri - we must be on the same cycle my TOM should arrive any minute. Unless I'm miraculosly pregnant, which would, truly be a miracle

Penny: ahhh - thanks for the correction on the web site. I must give credit where credit is due, then. It's a very helpful resource - so thank you, Geri, and Spryng

Hi, DeAnna! Nice to meet you. I'm a SAHM to one six-month-old son named Liam. I've been married 2 years to Jonathan. I'm attempting to lose 30 lbs post-pregnancy weight with Weight Watchers. You'll love this group - everyone is very supportive and sweet. We have the same goal weight

Spryng - there's a workout for you - soccor with the kids!

Michelle - I can't believe your awful neighbors! What movie did you see?

Misty - I just ordered a WW kit on ebay as well - it should arrive any minute! It will be fun to lose together.

Hi, Jackie! Have a good day.

Okay, we're off to the park now.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I am feeling great today. Got 9 1/2 hours of solid sleep!!!! I needed that, lol.
Leigh, Congrats on your official start day today!!! How exciting! And you sound very motivated. How many pts are you starting with? Let us know how it goes! Have fun at the park!
Penny, you scrubbed the outside of your house with bleach and then pressur washed it???! That is amazing. Brings new meaning to cleaning the house, LOL. I don't know if I'll ever get that brave, lol. You may be suprised and FIT into those 10 shorts when they arrive. Old navy makes their clothes a bit bigger. So even though I'm a 10 everywhere else I can fit into an 8 there. Feeds my ego, LOL. But their shirts run small... so I have to buy XL there are they are skin tight and I don't like that.
Jackie, I hope the scale doesn't get you down. Just remember, that as of today it will be the last time you weight that much. You can do this!! We are here to help.
Crystal, monday's I'm usually not busy either but today I will be too. I have to go pay a bill and I wanted to run to the grocery store and library. Enjoy your running!
DeAnna, I just LOVE your name. I had a friend named that years ago, I called her Dee Dee. How tall are you? I hope you get on that treadmill today!
Misty, so sorry to hear about that fall. Sounds so painful. Take it easy on the exercise then. And I LOVE my van. I can't even remember our car anymore, LOL. I don't miss it one bit.
Michelle, no I didn't watch extreme makeover home edition but it did look good. Sunday nights is HBO for me. And it was a great night last night. So sorry to hear about your neighbors again. But don't let them run you off. Keep trying to track down the owners and keep calling the cops, they will eventually be forced to stop. Are they young or something? Sounds so rude and immature.
Penny, yes I use the little swimmers but that is all. No shorts or anything. He looks so cute in them! And my tan is looking great. I only go once a week now (thank god! lol) to maintain it. I was getting so burnt out on tanning so much, but now I enjoy the once a week session for 20 min. Next year though I am NOT tanning at a tanning bed. I'll use the creams. I can't help but worry about my skin while I am there so after the summer is over I'll continue my tan with a cream one. plus it is easier to keep up.
Well, as I already said I'll be gone some of the morning to run some errands. but first I need a shower and to get a few things done around here so I better get off my rear end and get moving! LOL. I will chat with you all later!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #18  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend. I went and picked up my MIL from joplin yesterday and then we went to the precious moments chapel. I collect precious moments, so I love going there. I did really well with my eating this weekend. We all have really bad colds here, so hopefully we will get over them soon. I love my bike. I have been riding almost every evening.
Well, my weekend was great, until my mom came over last night. She rode her bike here to see if I wanted to go bike riding, but I couldn't cause I was in the middle of cooking dinner. While she was here she told me that my 17 yr old brother had run away. A friend took him to the bus station, and he's gone. No one knows where he went. His friend told mom that Kevin left because he's been so mistreated at home. His mistreatment, you may be asking, was being made to do chores and take a shower daily and look for a job. Anyway, he's gone, and my mom is really upset,especially because she has to leave town for a few days to go to a conference for work, and all she's going to do is worry. Anyway, I realized today i am only 10 lbs from my goal weight. I just need to get my butt in gear.
Welcome, Deanna. I am Ricci, sahm to two boys, 3 and 5. You will really enjoy it here. Hope to see you posting often. Spryng, 9 1/2 hours of sleep? Must have been heaven. Geri, I hope you had a great party, can't wait for pics. It sounds like everyone has been really busy. I will try to get more personal later. For now, I am off to drink my water, do more laundry, and try to rest and get over this cold. Have a great day everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!

I feel like I didn't sleep too well last night I hate when that happens. Teagan has started pulling her diaper off lol so I go and check on her in the middle of the night and her diaper is hanging off her lol Thank god she didnt have a dirty Well too bad my weigh in wasn't today lol I was down 1 lb which I was pretty happy about so maybe this week will be a good one. Nothing big planned for us today either just gonna hang out, I think I'll take the girls in the back yard and swing for a bit, Taylor is coloring right now and doesn't want to get dressed ugghhhh lol. Oh well as long as she is having fun I suppose.

Spryng - have fun running those errands I don't ever go anywhere to pay bills anymore I just do a check over the phone and usually I do my shopping etc on fridays when hubby gets home from work, its kind of my break from the house and it's all I really need Yes my Neighbors are young like I'd say 23/24 or so and I know that we are around that age but I say "young" because they don't have families, don't seem to have jobs, and party party party.

Leigh - We never got to watch a movie Taylor refused to go to bed last night cuz she wanted to sleep with us and we wouldnt let her so by time she fell asleep it was too late oh well, maybe tonight.

Penny - Hey girly wow you got soo much accomplished over the weekend way to go!!

Well I better get off here and find something to do I hope you all have a great day!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:37 PM   #20  

Ricci - Sorry to hear about your brother I really hope everything turns out ok. Please keep us posted. Glad to hear you are loving riding your bike thats wonderful!!

Well I just got a 2 mile walk in and I'm planning another 2 or 3 miles when hubby gets home I forgot to post yesterday that I must have lost some inches in my bust line because I am able to wear 36's now!! I was a 38-40!! So I feel really great about that, it was nice! a few weeks ago I couldnt even get a 36 around me! Well I'm going to finish up some stuff and then I'll be back later .

Michelle
Old 05-17-2004, 12:52 PM   #21  
Walking away the weight

Hi! I'm on my way out the door so I'll post more later, but wanted to share a photo of Liam this morning. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5170032.jpg (47.5 KB, 19 views)
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:39 PM   #22  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Talking

Crazy rotten weekend that I will post about in a bit!

Did anyone miss me? This place is just hoppin', so I doubt you even noticed I haven't been posting!

Be back in a few!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #23  
SAHM of 3

Leigh, he is a cutie. How old is he again??? I hope your first day on WW goes well. Keep us informed.

Michelle, way to go on that loss. I'm a 36/38 and I haven't tried anything yet I need to. But I just started some bust exercises yesterday. Hoping that will help, lift and make them smaller, lol.

Ricci, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I understand that age thing. My dh's brother is 17 and he's a good kid just SPOILED. His gf lives with them and stays in his room and you name it, as though he was already grown, but he's complaining that they don't have enough privacy. I'm thinking, "You're 17, you don't need all that privacy!!!" Anyway, sorry to hear about him.

Spryng, hope you get your errands ran. I still haven't even gotten to go. Andrew's nap schedule screwed me up and I'm waiting for him to wake up so we can go. I have to go today and buy groceries, we had pancakes for lunch.

Well, I had said I was going to read through the South Beach book after Penny or someone lost some great weight but after going through it, I don't think so. It reminded me how I LOVE not being on a plan. I am my plan and I love it that way. It's the greatest. I plan on doing my exercising today. I think I may only power walk for 15 minutes and use the stair stepper I found in FIL's shop for 5-10, how ever long I can stand it and then I'll do those arm and bust weight machines. I think I'm a little too saggy for 26 years old, LOL!!!

Well, I hope the day finds you all well. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:52 PM   #24  

Cindi - I noticed you were gone!! lol Great to see you got a post in!!

Crystal - I really love south beach I don't even feel like I'm on a plan, It is just a way of life now and I havent even been on it a month!! I don't even feel like cheating EVER!! The one thing I really like about it is that it got me in to eating more veggies which is something that I really needed to do!!

Leigh - Ohhhh he is just an absolute doll!!!

Well guys I've been doing great today!! I've already eaten 3 times today!! So I won't have to fill up at dinner time so late in the day. Well I'm off to do another workout! I'll be back later to post my miles etc... Have a wonderful afternoon!!

Michelle
Old 05-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #25  

Good afternoon all!!!
Ricci, we really are going to have to meet in Joplin someday soon!! Everytime I hear you are there makes me wish I had been there too, lol. So sorry to hear about your brother. I think running away is a normal part of growing up. I ran away when I was 15. My younger sister ran away when she was 15, etc. I hope he comes back soon. He is probably at a friends house cooling down. But keep us updated! And congrats on being 10#'s from your goal!!! Doesn't it make it feel so close and real?? But really, the last 10#'s for me took forever to get off. And these next 4 lbs are taking even longer, lol. But that is ok. I'm not too concerned with the scale anymore. As soon as my new workout dvd gets here I'm buying a measuring tape and keeping tabs on inches. I just want to lose inches now.
Michelle, it's a funny age when kids learn how to get thier diapers off. LOL. Tanner doesn't take his off but when I change him he acts like he'll be a good boy and lay still for me but as soon as that diaper is off and I wipe him he is off that couch half crawling and running away laughing his head off. LOL. It's sooo cute. But they have such cute bottoms at this age, lol. And you are rocking with all your walking!!!! Great job, really! And congrats on being a size 36! I have a large rib cage so I don't think I'll be anything but a 36. I was a 34 when I got married but after Ava my ribs expanded and I've been a 36 since then.
Leigh, Liam is sooo cute!! babies just make my day. I love seeing everyone's kids. Now I want to see you!!
Cindi, sorry you had such a crazy rotten weekend! We are here to listen and yes we notice when you aren't here!!! You are our friend!
Crystal, yes bust exercises really do help lift. (if you aren't really large to begin with) Hope to got to get your errands done. Mine didn't take long.
Well, my day is going great except for the whole library thing. I really hate small town libraries. Before we moved the city we lived in had just a got a HUGE 3 story library and it was heaven for me. But then we moved here and they have a tiny library that never has what I want to check out. I wanted to check out that Chunk to Hunk book Geri read not too long ago but of course they didn't have it. And I wanted one other weight loss story book about a woman who lost a ton of weight by modifying her diet and all that and they didn't have it either. They are pretty cheap on amazon right now but I wanted to read them before I bought them. I thought the first one would be great for my DH. Well anyway, I had to put in a request for them to get it from another library and who knows when I'll get them. But I'll wait.
Geri, what did you think about that book?
And about my DH, he is doing so great on his "plan". He calls me to tell me what he is eating and he is making great choices! Like yesterday he went to subway and got a low fat sandwich with no mayo or cheese and also a low fat salad. He ate the sandwich and saved the salad and had it for dinner last night. He bought 98% fat free lunch meat and whole wheat bread for his truck to make sandwiches with, etc. I'm very proud of him, mostly because he is proud of himself and really motivated!!! But all he is doing is cutting portions and making smarter choices. So that is why I thought that book would be great for him to read. Could inspire him, you know?
But anyway, i did my weekly house blessing today so the house is really clean. Everything is going great. The weather is warm again and the kids went swimming already today. I'll probably take Tanner out later. I guess I'll get off here and surf the net or take a nap. (I'm not really tired though) TTYL!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:13 PM   #26  

I just got another 3 miles done!! Yayyy!! 5 for today, I always feel good if I get a great workout in. I've also done really good eating throughout the day so I'm happy about that too so I won't have to pack in calories at dinner time Speaking of....whats everyone having for dinner? I think I'll have chicken breast a small salad and an apple

Spryng - So sorry the library didnt have what you were looking for, hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get them in That is really awesome about your hubby and his "plan" and its even better that you were his inspiration, that is just too sweet . I bet you love his daily report lol.

Well I definately need to go shower now before my husband runs away from me lol. I'm sure I'll post again later.

Michelle
Old 05-17-2004, 04:41 PM   #27  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I am back.

I had a rotten weekend! Logan(ds 8) swallowed a quarter and had to go to the hospital and then yesterday DH was mean all day and no fun to be around. He had me in tears several times! But my best friend cheered me up by taking me to Red Lobster!! YUM! Logan is fine, we are "watching" for the quarter! ICK! DH is depressed about his job situation and although I don't blame him, he created the situation he is in and I wish he'd just get over it and stop being so difficult to live with!! He needs to take a pill or something!! I can't stay with him in his current condition much longer, my kids deserve much better! Sorry for whining!

I did fine eating, but the weight loss sure seems to be slowing, so I need to kick it up a notch, I guess. I need to watch my portions a little better and really do alot more exercise. Spryng, that Boot Camp video sounds great, let me know if you love it. I am not being very strict, but I am still losing, so I haven't worried much. I have room for improvement, for sure!!

Hello to all the oldies and newbies! I like to see this group grow like this!! I missed you all and read the posts, just didn't have many chances to respond!

Let's have a great week!!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #28  

Hello again!
Just a quick post before I begin dinner. I'm making that chipotle black bean chili with cornbread tonight since I didn't get to last night. I have all the stuff for it now, lol.

Cindi, hope that quater comes out soon!!! What an ordeal huh? So sorry you DH is in a bad mood. Really ruins it for everyone sometimes. Hopefully he'll find something to be cheerful for soon. And redlobster sounds fantastic. I love their biscuits and shrimp pasta there. What did you get?
Michelle, when you hit your goal weight you'll have to write leslie sansone and tell her how you did it with her tapes. You are going to be so tones and well defined way before you get close to your goal weight. Great job girl. I hope when my dvd gets here I am as enthusiastic about it as you are with yours.
Ok, now off to get dinner made. I am starving! LOL. TTYL!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:00 PM   #29  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Spryng, I had Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi.I have heard so much about that shrimp pasta, I want to go back and try it!!!

Going to watch Dr. Phil...Think I am having Oven Fried Garlic Chicken tonight! Never tried it, hope it's good!!

Later Taters!!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #30  
SAHM of 3

Well the only errand I got done was grocery shopping, so tomorrow we'll do it again. The post office, walmart again, the terrell tribune, drop off movies (that are late), deliver my watkins, etc. I hate not getting it done on one day. I like to stay home most of the time. Oh well, it's always an adventure for the kids.

Since I just got home and got groceries put away, we're having lasagna. I can have a small portion and a light ceaser salad for about 450 calories, not bad. I think I'll eat the salad first and fill up some before I eat lasagna.

Cindi, I did miss you. I saw you on my buddy list this morning and thought I hadn't seen a post from you. I was gonna im you but something distracted me. I am so sorry to hear about your weekend. The quarter, the bad mood dh, I understand the latter. You know things ALWAYS get better. And if you are still losing I wouldn't worry about not losing enough. When times are tough it's hard not to gain, much less still lose. I think you should be proud of yourself. Glad you got to go to red lobster, I can't stand sea food. They make great chicken and steak, though.

Michelle, you are doing good. WTG!!

Spryng, let us know about that video. I really don't like videos, it's alot like a diet plan. I like to do my own thing it works better for me. But I'm always interested in giving it a try.

Well, I've got to go check that lasagna. We'll be going outside after we eat. I'll try to get that exercise in around 7 or 730.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote