Old 05-16-2004, 07:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Leigh - I had pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) when pregnant with Teagan, but its supposed to go away after delivery but mine hasn't. I was induced with Teagan in my 38th week, at midnight on a sunday and by 9 pm the following day I wasnt progressing but was having strong contractions, they had the pitocin up as high as she was comfortable with. oh before that, they had a hard time getting Teagans heartbeat so she broke my water and attached an internal monitor to her head. Then I just wasnt progressing, and so we thought I would wait it out a little longer, so I had my intrathecal (a type of epidural) and I walked around and swayed etc etc.. and nothing and the meds wore off 2.5 hours later and so they said I couldnt have another intrathecal so I had to breathe through the contractions, then doc said that they were concerned that the cord was wrapped around the babys neck and thats why I wasnt progressing so she wanted to do a c-section, they stopped the pit and contractions subsided almost immediately, they took me to get the epidural and I screamed the whole way through because my back is soo messed up from a fall down the stairs at the beginning of my pregnancy, any way finally they get the epi done and I'm numb and I just start vomiting the whole way through the delivery I was so busy being sick that I didnt even know teagan had been delivered until I heard her cry lol actually I didnt even know they had started lol. My average bp while preg was 165/100 so I stayed on bedrest the whole pregnancy and then for a few months after lol. Oh geez sorry I got carried away guys lol, I just got to talking and couldnt stop myself. But anyway yeah I had the PIH but I think pre-Eclampsia is more severe but I could be wrong. I had an ultrasound every 2 weeks and saw the doc once a week for the whole pregnancy I'm sure they are sick of me

Anyway lol Taylor and I did some sponge painting today it was fun! I even painted Teagans feet and made footprints oohhh soo cute! Well its getting late and I haven't made dinner yet so I guess I'll talk to you all later.

sorry for rambling on and on lol
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:38 PM   #32  
Walking away the weight

Wow, Michelle! I'm sorry you had such a hard time I think pre-eclampsia is another term for PIH, but mine wasn't as severe as yours. Mine came on at the very end of my pregnancy, but spiraled downward very quickly. My bloodpressure was all over the place, and they admitted me to the hospital with the intention of inducing labor. But, Liam stopped moving so it quickly became a c-section. It wasn't at all what I had envisioned (of course!). I felt really sad and guilty about it - as though I could have done anything to prevent that. But I'm still sad that they had to rush Liam off for observation (he swallowed amniotic fluid from the stress) and I couldn't hold him until 2 hours later. But it sounds like you had a truly scary time - I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:01 PM   #33  
SAHM of 3

starting a new thread
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:13 PM   #34  

Michelle - You are a wonder mom! I am so glad you are here with us today. I think it is probably a good idea for you to adopt, if you want anymore. I would love to get a little girl from Vietnam, my mom is from there. Preg was pretty easy for me, had an emergency c-section. The cord was around his neck and dh did not get to see him. But even labor was not as painful as I thought it would be. Oh, back to weight loss. I have a hard time eating throughout the day as well. I end of eating too much at night and feeling yuck. With the summer coming it will be easier to get fresh fruits, so hopefully that will help.

Leigh - JW loves the water, we got it on video! We went back today. MIL/FIL are going to be sick of us by the end of the summer. I don't feel comfortable taking him alone, so we won't be there everyday. But it looks like he has my skin coloring, I lathered him with sunscreen and he got a cute little tan.

Pattie - How is Jenny Craig's program? Do you have to buy the foods? I am on LA Weight Loss and I use there bars, but due to nursing I am not forced to buy all the other supplements. Hope it is working for you. Good Luck!

Penny - Congrats on giving away the 3 pounds. I hope some of it is due to weaning, at least I will think that to keep up my motivation. I am down to two feedings a day. He does not seem to mind.

Crystal - Great plan on buying the smaller sizes it is such a good feeling. The last couple of weeks, I have gotten into some of my old church dresses. Still a little snug in the chest, but at least I have an excuse for that.

I will be working tomorrow. Have a great day ladies. Monday's must be the busiest day on here, takes me a while to catch up.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote