Stay at Home Moms #168

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
  • Well I got most of my cleaning done for the day! I just need to get the laundry going but I think our dryer is about to die on us lol either that or my hubby overloads it I think its the latter. Anyway I have decided that I am going to get my meals in earlier in the day and not eat past 6pm and nothing to drink after 8pm, I read somewhere that the later you eat in the day the harder it is to burn off those calories. Can anyone confirm that? I'm also going to TRY and get some snacks in because I am just not getting enough calories. I'm gonna make some noodle art with Taylor today I think she'll have fun with that and at the same time I can clear my cupboards of the unhealthy pasta I have. You know its funny since I started eating better, even though we have some sweets in the house, I'm not tempted by them at all!! I'm sooo happy about that!

My Neighbors are FINALLY mowing their lawn!! Last week hubby sprayed the fence line with weed killer because all their dandelions were slowly coming our way!! Man I hate when people can't take care of their stuff Especially their own home!! It makes everyone elses yard look like crap!!

So I have another dilemna with my other neighbors, maybe you guys can help, well we have our windows open at night so we can have fresh air, but the house next to us is rented out and they are smokers and they smoke out on the front porch in the middle of the night and the smoke comes in MY bedroom, and I have an auto immune disease in my lungs so I don't need the added effects of smoke, do you think I should ask them if they would mind smoking on their back porch where it won't come in my bedroom window? I don't know if I even have the right since they are smoking on their own property. I just hate waking up in the middle of the night with lungs full of smoke and coughing my a$$ off!!

LOL that was my little vent for the day.

Well I need to get my kids fed and spend some art time with Taylor so I better get off here. I'll talk to you all later.

Have a wonderful afternoon!
    Michelle
  • Thought I would re-post this so no one missed my post today, lol

Good morning all!

Geri so glad you are feeling better today! A good nights sleep always helps put things in perspective I think.
    Penny I can't wait to hear about your WI this week!! You sound excited about it. Are you still doing SB?
    Michelle you and I will be doing the same thing today. Not much of anything, lol. I too am just going to stick around the house. I'm going to get some detailed cleaning done in my kitchen since it is our zone this week and that is about it.
    Leigh, that is so nice that you have someone to walk with! And about the toning and resistance, you can always buy those ankle and wrist weights to use if you want some added weights to your walk. How long do you usually walk for? Sounds so nice. I often see mothers walking together here with their strollers and i wish I knew my neighbors but I don't. How long is your mother going to be in for? Are you two close? Enjoy your visit!
    Ginny I'm so excited for you to get to your WW meeting!!!! Let me know how is goes ok? I hope you see a great loss this week!!! I'll be looking forward to your report, lol.
    Crystal, I hope you find a cottage and boat rentals too. That sounds like such fun. We have always wanted to rent a big pontoon boat and bbq on it and all that. Just have never got around to it and now that we live in nowhereville kansas there isn't any lakes close to us.
    jessi, so glad your Dh got some resumes out. Must take alot of stress off of you. I hope he gets some calls soon! I know after my DH's back surgery he was looking for a job and no one here was hiring. It was so frustrating because he was down for 8 weeks and we were hurting financially. That is when he started truck driving school, that was all that was available here at the time. It worked out for the best and now we are doing better than ever but it takes time. So hang in there and I'm sure he'll get a great job!
    Michelle you are on a roll with that exercise!!!! please infuse me with that zeal!!! I need it so bad! I don't think you can tell your neighbors where to smoke. I mean it is their property. I guess if it bothers you that bad you should close your windows or something. But that does sound horrible. I'm very sensitive to smoke too. And yes our bodies do slow down in the evenings and our metabolism isn't that great so late night eating is harder for the body to digest and get rid of. I don't eat after 6 pm. I do drink water though.
    Penny, my bf is the opposite of yours. She is soooo skinny. She is the one who just had the baby. She is 5'7" and weighed 92-95 lbs before getting pregnant. Her highest weight was 120 during her pregnancy and 3 weeks after having her baby she was back down to 98 lbs and dropping weight like crazy. He stomach is flat again and you can't even tell she had a baby!! Her doctor is making her add 500 cals a day to her diet (she was already eating 500 extra cals a day for the breastfeeding) because she was still losing weight so fast. So sometimes I feel like I can't talk about weight problems with her because she's never had to deal with it you know? She doesn't get why I am so strict with myself and all that. But some people have that great metabolism and can eat themselves into oblivion and never gain an ounce and then there are us who have to be very careful and battle our weight on a daily basis. because I know that if I ever get sloppy with my pts I will pack on the weight I lost faster than I can say chocolate!!! So it will be my battle until the day I die, lol.

Ok, guess I have rambled on and on, lol. Well my morning routine is done and my house is spotless so now I am bored. Guess I'll go channel surf! TTYL!

Michele- you totally have a right to (very politely, but I am sure that you would be).
    Ask them not to smoke there. I had to do that with my SIL/SIL/BIL- who smoke like chimmneys (sP) and FIL has severe emphasema and all my kids tend toward asthma. Go figure........ Start out slowly......I do hope that it works out for you!!!!!

Spryng- your house is spotless!!!!!!!!! Please- help!!!! My house looks like a bomb went off. Hope your day goes well.

Got to WW......lost 2.something #. The bad news is that I am only a few pounds lower than I was last year at this time.....I checked today. But the good news is that despite a year of some stress eating......and just life in general I have kept off 30#. That I am happy about and mention that to all of you WW'ers that this program really works.......but y'all knew that!
    Have a great day.
    Ginny
  • Ginny congrats on the 2# gone!!!! And that is being wonderful that you have kept those 30#'s off for over a year!!! How close are you to your goal? Did seeing that make you more motivated to hit your goal weight this year?? I am routing for you!!! I know you can do it!!! What was your meeting about? I would love to come help you clean your house, can you move closer to me? LOL.
  • Hi Spryng what are you making for dinner? You always make interesting things. Did you watch AI last night? I want Fantasia out and LaToya and Diana in the final two. I have a question for you when at what age are you going to send your oldest to school? Five or six years? My boy turns five in the beginning of June and I am totally stressed and don't know if I should wait until I was six like I did. Boys naturally mature slower. Any input from any moms out there would greatly be appreciated . Thanks, btw Spryng I wish you could help me get a start on my cleaning, it not filthy but it needs a little scrubbing here and there. Bye for now Julie
  • Afternoon!
    Michelle - did you get Teagan back to sleep this morning? Good job with the housework - I've gotten a lot done today too. The whole 10-15 minutes at a time thing has really revolutionized cleaning for me! I'm not sure about eating late and calorie burning, but DH read a study that says if you drink a cup of coffee before your workout, you increase calorie burn. He's been doing that for more than a month now. As for the neighbors, I think if you kindly explained it to them, maybe they'd agree. If not, then maybe you should get a fan and direct the smoke away from your window? I dunno!

Crystal - glad you're serious in your coffee devotion - I'm with you on that one!

Penny - how much scrapbooking do you usually get done? My productivity has dropped greatly since DS's birth

Geri - thanks so much for the hug! I did need it, and now feel a lot better.

Spryng - it is nice to have someone to walk with. Liam loves being outside, so I like to get out a bit every day. We walk for an hour usually. It's not really power walking, but we break a sweat and stay moving. I know what you mean about friends with great metabolisms. I have several! It can be kind of frustrating for me.

Ginny - Wow!!! 2lbs - way to go!!!! 30 lbs over a year! That's awesome and nothing to downplay. Maintaining is hardest of all, so celebrate

Spryng and others who do WW, when did you begin Weight Watchers? I was about to start it when I got pregnant. I was about 15lbs over my goal weight back then Back then I was going to do the online version - did you go to a center, or do it online? I'm kind of frustrated with Medifast and may switch to something that requires me to change my behaviors more. I'm still reading the Dr. Phil book, but still think it may work better for me as a maintainance plan - I just don't know. I'm kind of confused about it all. Please help!
  • Sorry its me again, Spryng do you know whatever happened to Candybar74? I don't know her real name but she has not posted in awhile. Julie
  • Michelle I want to address your post about the smoke, that is such a tough situation, but I agree with everyone else, approach them nicely and politely. You may be surprised and they may just agree. (I am trying to find the good in people and life lately ) If not I agree with the fan thing. I know smoke totally gets to me. When my Grandmother was dying of lung cancer she kept smoking right up to the end, she thought might as well, well anyway family members would take turns spending the night at her house and when I did I could hardly breath for awhile after I left. She was a lovely woman and I believe she would have lived past 100 if she did not smoke. She walked everday, ate everything in moderation and had positive attitude about everything, even though her mother gave her up at seven years old. Well enough going on here. Good luck and I really hope everything works out for you because I love fresh air too!
  • Hi again!

Hi Julie! Yes Candy is no longer with us. She is building their house now and have lots going on so she stopped posting several weeks ago. You could probably lok her name up and pm her if you like! And for dinner? I'm not sure, either leftover or chicken fajitas. But I think I need to do leftovers so it will be a meddly of stuff, lol. What are you having? And yes I did catch AI last night and I want fantasia and Diana in the last two! lol. I want Diana to win. Did you vote? My two oldest kids should start headstart this fall. I still need to go get them applied for it. I'm going to do that tomorrow. I hope it isn't too late. My oldest, my dd, will start kindergarten next year (she was born in dec so has to wait an extra year) and ds will do headstart twice. But I think if you son will be 5 in June then you should go ahead and start him this fall. Sometimes it's good to wait an extra year but then again sometimes the kids hate being behind or older than everyone else in the class. And you never know, he may do just fine! I think us mommies have a harder time letting go then they will. I know my dd is looking forward to school, I will miss them but it's enevitable right? Well, unless we homeschool, lol.
    Leigh, I started WW back in september. I've been doing it for 8 months now. And I just do it on my own at home. You can buy the at home kit or buy your stuff off of ebay or do it online or go to meetings. They have alot of options now. But all you can do is give it a try and see if it is right for you! I think it is wonderful but others disagree... we must all find what works for us!
    Well... guess I'll scoot. TTYL!
  • anyone want to chat? Join me in the chat room here : http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight/chat.msnw?&pps=k
  • Hi Everyone!

I'm back! Hopefully longer than my last visit, I hope. We had major computer problems again so I was unable to visit here. We ended up buying a new computer with some of our tax return money. The battery died on our laptop and a new battery costs nearly $200.00, so we decided to put the $200.00 towards a new pc. I will miss the laptop, as it was so portable & I could take it anywhere I went! Oh well, you get so much more for your money with a desktop style! Now back to the 3FC's gang: I'm glad to see some familiar people here & also glad to get to know you newbies. I've been posting here at the SAHM's thread for a few years already. Unfortunately I haven't reached my goal yet! I guess I need Spryng & Ginny to wear off on me. I was so close a few years back but let myself go again. I know this time I have to do it for my health & to be here for my family. I've been working out on the treadmill & recumbant bike again so hopefully soon I'll see some results. Spryng: Thanks for the updated picture posted here. You look fabulous!! Michelle, Julie & Leigh: Welcome to our thread & I look forward to getting to know you all better. Well, DH is home again, so I better get off the 'puter. TTFN
  • JACKIE!!!!!!! so glad to see you again! Boy have missed you!!!! Will you post with us on a regular basis again? (please?please??) lol. Great to hear you are back on your bike! I remember how you used to do so well on that thing. Mine has been in the closet for a very long time now. exercise in my downfall.. but I am working on it. So what plan are you doing or are you just exercising and portion control? Thanks for the comment about my pic. I was 2 lbs shy of my goal when we took it so I've lost about 3 more lbs since then. I just really need to work on toning now. I want to lose inches and not lbs anymore really. But I am so happy to see you and hope to see you here more often! Wait until Ginny sees you, she's going to be so happy too!!!! TTYL!
  • I'm back!
    Hey ladies! I didn't relapse, I've had family over for a week and more coming next week. I've missed coming here, but have been too busy.

I've lost another two pounds! The not indulging in seconds at dinnertime and not having sweets before bed is starting to pay off. And it is offically swimming season so I am swimming in my backyard and walking!

Later girls!!
    Sarah
  • Well I got a ton of stuff done this afternoon that I was just gonna keep putting off as long as I could lol. I took the winter clothes out of the girls drawers and put in the summer clothes and have a huge bag of baby clothes to give to goodwill and all the hand me downs have been boxed and rotated so they will be ready for Teagan to use. I also re-caulked my bath tub which is such a chore because my tube of caulking burst at the end when I started lol just my luck oh well.

Ok well I thought I could get a longer post in but Teagan just woke up from her nap. I'll try to get personal later.

Michelle