Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #76  
Gym'll fix it!!

Getting quiet around here again i'm back on track walked 4mls yesterday and did OK with eating today is looking pretty good too have'nt exercised yet but will walk a couple of miles later hopefully.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:00 PM   #77  

Cat - you are right - there are tumbleweeds blowing thru our thread. I have been busy waitressing, picking up extra shifts. I have been successful at eating smaller portions, but had trouble getting to the gym.

Hope all is well!
Meg
Old 06-16-2004, 06:11 PM   #78  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'm the same Meg i was up at 5am the past 2 mornings so have'nt felt like bothering when i get home i've been really tired insomnia and having an early morning job don't mix have 2 more 5am mornings on Friday and Saturday and then a 4am one on Sunday I'll try and treadmill tomorrow on my day off.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:49 AM   #79  
Ginny

Hi Cathy and MEg,
I too have been super busy. Besides running sales at work, we cleaned out my hubby's ancestorial home getting it ready to be demolished, so we are having a super yard sale in front of the business for the next 3 days. I am going in 2 hours early to do the final set up preparations. I haven't been to Curves in 2 weeks, after working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week in temperatures around 100 degrees I am whipped.
Come July I plan to get back into the routine of 3 days a week. I am maintaining my loss however and still making good and healthy choices. I'm probably sweating most of if off..think 85 degrees outside, and I am under plastic....

Still waiting for my 5th grandbaby to make his arrival. It is any day now. We are getting anxious. Mommy has been very uncomfortable since Sunday. But baby is taking his good ole time.

Cathy how is the job going? Getting those extra hours paid for yet? Is Terry still out there...she is probably slaving away like the rest of us. What happened to the rest of the ladies who used to post? Have we lost them?

Have a good one catch ya later.
Dahlia
Old 06-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #80  
Woman on a Mission

Hi All,

Dahlia, you haven't lost me I keep turning up again like a bad penny LOL. I'm so glad to come back and still find you ladies here after all this time. Life has been far too busy these days and I'm losing my sense of self but the end is in sight and relief will soon be at hand. Congratulations on the impending arrival of a newest grandchild. How exciting!! My God Daughter is now two and is going full barrell....she's a whirlwind that's for sure and funny as all get out. She can't say Uncle very well and it sounds more like Arnold so Erwin gets a big out of that

Weight wise I'm still holding my own. I'm up 5 lbs. over goal but it hasn't ever gotten higher than that so I'm still very pleased with myself even though I'm adopting some bad habits again that I need to nip in the bud.

Cathy, what's this new job I'm hearing about? How is that gorgeous little darling Olivia? How's the weather on the coast? We've been rained on for five days straight and today is finally sunshine!!! love it!

Meigg, sorry to hear about Dan. Prayers for you both that he's able to find something quickly again. How are you doing otherwise?

Is Terry still around? Isn't Katy's wedding coming up soon or have I missed it already?

Well I'm at work so I best skidaddle off again. Take care you all and keep the faith.

Pam
Old 06-17-2004, 05:12 PM   #81  

Pam, congratulations on maintaining your loss. That really is half the battle, I think. Do you weigh yourself everyday? That is how my mom has kept her weight off.

Dahlia, I can't imagine all that heat AND working under plastic. You must feel like a giant sweatball. No wonder you haven't gotten to Curves - you must be exhausted from the heat! You will get back on track. And good luck with the yard sale!

Today I finished putting a film on our living room windows that blocks 99% of the UV rays. It reflects 77% more heat in summer, and keeps the room 55% warmer in the winter. The room has been SOOO hot, even with the air on, and I was worried that our furniture and curtains would get sun damage. I can already tell that the room is getting cooler.

I am still doing well with smaller portions. I am doing my own thing now, which is comfortable. I am using low carb products for things like bread, cereal and pasta, and trying to go a little low fat when I can as well. My portions are half of what they used to be, and I am incorporating fruit or veggies at every meal. I am also having a snack with cottage cheese and fruit.

I saw a commercial for Jenny Craig yesterday, and this girl lost 35 pounds in 27 weeks. That was when it hit me that a 1 pound a week loss is all I should be shooting for. And sometimes, if that doesn't happen, that is okay to.

Well, I am treating myself to a movie right now. So I need to get back to it.

Hope you all have a great night!

Meg
Old 06-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #82  
Connecticut

Hello! My computer has been down and out for weeks now -- but I am back. Boy, did I have Computer Withdrawal bad!

Comcast finally came out yesterday afternoon and networked our computers so I am right as rain. I have so much to catch up on with you all too.

Pam, welcome back -- I think about you often. Hugs! And, what a great job staying around your goal weight too.

Yes, Katie is getting married and it's July 10th -- just a few more weeks. I have really been out of the loop in regard to plans and such since it's in New Hampshire. They have done all the orchestrating and everything is going well. I even found a dress -- just need shoes and a purse.

I have been faithfully going to Curves every week (4-5 times) and I still love it. Food choices have not been the best but I'm working on it. My clothes are fitting better even though the scale hasn't moved much. At least I am not gaining.

Sorry this is so short but I have a ton of things to do today and the morning is slipping fast. Hope all is well with everyone -- I need to go back and catch up on all the posts that I have missed. Hopefully this afternoon!

Take care and have a wonderful day .... Terry
Old 06-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #83  

Terry - glad to have you back. Glad you found a dress for the wedding. You must be so excited! And as you said, you haven't gained, which is half the battle. You might be turning fat into muscle since you are still working out, so you may have lost weight without knowing it.

I am down to 185. So my goal for next Friday is to weigh in at 184. Father's Day might be tough, but I am on the job.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Meg
Old 06-18-2004, 05:23 PM   #84  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Dahlia, NO i've not been paid any extra hours i'm not bothered i'll just put it down to experience and try and get OUT ON TIME which i'm not succeeding at doing very well, 15 mins late the last 2 days i don't know why but i just don't want to stop i wish they'd give me more hours. I finished yesterday and needed a few things so i went shopping and while i was shopping i was tidying up the stock! hubby thinks i'm losing it its compulsive behavior now

Hey Terry, wondered what was up we missed you. I thought the wedding was in September don't know why what is your dress like? do tell

Hiya Pam, great to hear from you and Congrats on maintaining i've got a part time job in the Superstore doing the pharmacy stock. I like it but they don't give me enough hours to get everything done and like a sucker i've been working for FREE but i'm getting better and will finish on time someday soon

Down 2lbs this week which is a fluke or maybe last weeks gain was water retention either way i feel like a yo-yo lately
Old 06-18-2004, 05:27 PM   #85  
Gym'll fix it!!

ooops i forgot to say Pam we are baking here it was 30 degrees yesterday just the kind of weather to sit on the deck with a cold one i'm sweating in here so i'm gonna get my sunscreen on and lie on the deck
Old 06-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #86  
Connecticut

Morning!

Scale finally started to move down -- lost 1.5 lbs since my last weigh-in a few weeks ago. Speaking of flukes, hopefully this isn't one as well. Congrats on the weight loss, Cathy and Meg -- and anyone else I may have forgotten. I have not had a chance to catch up yet on all the posts I have missed.

Cathy, my dress is a champagne color and three piece -- lacy camisole top with a light jacket. The bottom is pants with a panel over each leg to give the illusion of a dress. They call it a "duster" -- why I don't know, but it was under "mother of the bride" so it's appropriate . It was only $79 so I got away cheap! I even looked at Nordstroms thinking I could find a classy suit to wear but couldn't -- now I am glad I didn't because I would have spent so much more.

It's a muggy day here and I am in a very lazy mood. I do have some filing to do and that's next on the agenda after the newspaper and some breakfast.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Terry
Old 06-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #87  
Connecticut

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Not much new -- don't have a car today so I can't get to Curves. Bummer. Think I'll do an exercise tape instead seeing that my treadmill is still broken. Did OK with food over the weekend -- not good, not bad.

Beautiful weather today -- longest day of the year too so it's appropo!

Get up everyone!
Old 06-21-2004, 03:21 PM   #88  
Woman on a Mission

Hi all,

Had another busy weekend but we're finally almost done the home reno's! The carpet was installed on Friday and the furniture delivered on Saturday...yay! Baseboards are the last project and then by gosh I think we're finally gone. It's been a long month for sure!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I'll write more later,

Pam
Old 06-21-2004, 04:18 PM   #89  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Terry, your outfit sounds lovely and what a bargain!! well done with snagging that one congrats on the weightloss too

I'm not doing so well this heat is making me lethargic so i'm just eating anything and drinking even more i'm journalling what i've eaten today and trying to get back on track, less than 2mths until the relatives arrive and i want there to be less of me around by then been out powerwashing the windows and deck this morning i'm planning to go out to sunbathe now will leave the vacuuming until later
Old 06-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #90  

Hi guys! Just got back from the gym. My second day in a row. I found a new way to get motivated, and it seems to be working. I am rolling out of bed, getting dressed, and am on my way. Did lower body today, and I must admit I am a little weak in the knees!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Meg
Closed Thread