Old 05-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi Ladies,

Marti - good luck in accounting class today. It's nice you're there for your grandpa, and I bet he's thinking the same thing.

Sue - I just love watching little kids play sports. It's just so cute and I can't wait til my grandkids are on a field somewhere, lol. Aren't you just loving this Indiana weather?

Susan - hope you get some rest, hon. Rebecca seems so grown up - she'll be back before you know it. When is the church dinner?

Cristi - I hope you're having a great birthday and that you and DH have lots of fun.

Well, you guys are going to think that all I do is go out for lunch, but I'm going again today. The church secretary where I used to go is moving to Florida - she and her fam bought a hotel on Daytona Beach - so another friend and I are taking her out for a farewell lunch. We're going to the same place I usually go, and so staying OP won't be a problem. Speaking of which, I've been doing real good with that, and the water, too.

Have a good one!

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:54 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday Cristi!!!!

Marti

I'll check in later....
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #18  
RosieKate

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

Christi - Happy Birthday - a little late, I know. Was peeking at your picture yesterday and you don't look 45. I thought you looked younger than that. Have a great day for yourself....

Susan - I used to drop in on Vermont Hills when it was a few doors down and called Jitters, at least I think it's the same group. They had great coffee and the most comfy chairs. I would take James there for ice cream after his haircuts at Robin's. Please excuse this blatant example of parental bribery, but DS used to be the WORST when it came to haircuts, so I just did what I had to do

Jana - Have a great day, enjoy your lunch with your friends.

Marti- Having just recovered from a three day migraine, let me say, take it easy on yourself! you've had a rough week and it takes a toll. I know you have to jump right back in, so just don't forget to drink lots of water and try to take a nap.

Sue, and anyone else I may have forgotten, have a great day!

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I went to a new board member's workshop yesterday, which was a pleasant way to spend a morning. I'm going to be on the board of Leigh's co-op preschool in the fall, and they want me to dive right in now! I was feeling a little rebellious at first (I mean, shouldn't she actually BE in school before I start working on this?) but I realized I will have a better experience if I just approach it with the best attitude I can. As long as I can get a sitter for her, these meetings are pretty social and it's fun to get to know people before the school year starts and we have to get down to business. Can't believe my baby is going to be in preschool

Cheers,
RK
Old 05-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #19  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon-

Heading for work but wanted to say hello!!

I never have heard of Jitters, Rosiekate.......before my time??? I have been in the area only 3ish years. I use to live at Shadow Hills apt. for awhile.Anyway,VHC is the best!!! It is a cruel world though that I have to drive 6 miles just to wake up....lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISTI!!! YAY........hope you are having a super day and pampering yourself!!!!

Oh- the first dinner is the 11th of June. I will need to take that evening off - cause it is a Friday.

Woke up at 6am and out the door at 7 to get my coffee and pick Rebecca up for school. Course her father wanted to go and of course Rebecca wanted to go in his new jeep..........so I felt like the 3rd wheel.......and a tired one at that.
Took her to her class , which is an outside mobile thing and gave her a hug good bye.Went home and cleaned,cleaned ,cleaned......trying to get the 2nd bedroom set up for Gabrielle. Told Mia the tabby she was going to have to move out and find another place to sleep..........lol- it has been her room.

K- best get to work!!

HI to everyone

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-12-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #20  

Checking in......(sound like a teenager trying to extend my curfew!!)

Jana--How did your luncheon go? Nothing wrong with having lunches out with friends. It's nice to get together.....and since you're doing a wonderful job at staying OP going out doesn't seem like a problem at all! BTW....Congratulations on the lbs lost!! I knew you'd do it. I have a Great Aunt and an Great Uncle from Iowa...(my grandpa's brother and sister) who are on WW. My Uncle has lost almost 70lbs. I almost didn't recognize him when he came over!! He looks great.

Cristi--Hope you're out having a wonderful birthday!!! Enjoy every minute of it!!

RosieKate--Time sure flies doesn't it?? Only seems like yesterday that I was chasing Jhanai down off the roof when she was two!! And now she's almost 10......wow......Just can't believe it! She's still my baby though!

Susan--How is the weather up there? We've been having rain but today is actually sunny. Love the sun. And I love the smell of fresh cut grass....which all my neighbors were out doing! I'm going to look the slob on the street until the weekend when James and I can get the lawnmower!! I really need to buy one soon!!

Had a little visit with my grandpa. He was letting me know that I can add to his garden this year if I wanted too.....I just have no idea what I would want to plant. So I figured I would just help him tend to his once he gets it all in. I thought it was too late, but apparently it's not. I need to get some dahlia's planted soon too. Make this house look more presentable. The only flowers I have besides the dying rose bush are the beautiful flowers Jana sent!

Went to my accounting class and boy...am I behind. I'm hoping to catch up but it's going to be difficult! We have a test monday that I am soooooo not ready for. But I have all the rest of the week and this weekend to study. (ick)

Ok ladies....I best get my booty to work. (homework) Get myself caught up before I'm doomed to failure....can't have that.

You all have a good night.

Marti
Old 05-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #21  
kitty Momo

Best of luck in catching up in the accounting class Marti. You are a very brave soul to even take it!!

The weather is nice today, suppose to be even better tomorrow.My boss was out again today, wonder what is going on with him? Medical appt. maybe? I asked our secretery and she didn't know either.

Great news is she is one foot out the door!! YAY- maybe I can come in over the weekend and put some of my stuff out.Can't wait to go to Office Max....Office Depot?? Whatever it is called and get me some cute trays and office supplies. I am suppose to get the supervisors but I want nice things.

I did manage to get some Happy Bunny stuff and she left a picture that I liked. I think it was the one on the Cosby show- it pictures a graduation,African American students?? I liked it........anyway-

I guess that is it.

TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:12 PM   #22  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Happy Birthday Cristi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISTI
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:30 PM   #23  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sorry to be so late with the HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISTI.....hope it was a good day for you. Wish I was 45!!!

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:48 PM   #24  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey everyone,

Marti glad to know the service went well. Your Grandpa must be happy to have you so close by.

I didn't get a call from the tv show, should of by now so I would have to say I wasn't picked...ya Im disappointed. Kinda mad at myself for wishing too much for it. Had a good cry and now Im ready to move on. Well actually I was in a mood from last night, my mom called she really doesn't have a clue sometimes about what Im talking about,,,I told her again about the show,, I also told her how my cousin said I should of told the directors about my childhood, that alone would bring ratings and ya know what my mom said? Ya you should of told them about the hungry years,,,about how hard she struggled to make ends meat and such. I was grinding my teath by then cause what a bunch of hig wash. Her rememberence of my childhood is totally different from mine. I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. I had my usual bad nightmare, I toss and turn, don't sleep. So today had the makings of a very emotional day.
Cleansing breath...ahhhhhhh ok better now.
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:10 AM   #25  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISTI, I hope that you have a wonderful day.

ANGIE A great big hug to you and hope that you feel better. Now I will make sure that I don't watch the show. Their loss.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone had a great day and a super day for tomorrow.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:35 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

Good morning chickies,

RosieKate - I think it's really cool that you are on the board at the preschool. That is an important position, and you will have power in change which can only be a good thing.

Susan - so Gaby's getting her own room, huh? Does she have any certain color or theme? How fun to personalize your office. I had a wall plaque that I took with me from office to office back in my working days, and it said "Smile.... it increases your face value". And of course, pics of my fam.

Marti - lunch with my friends was fun, but kinda sad. I know I'll probably never see her again, because we aren't close enough that she would come over when she's in town, maybe just a phone call. Thanks for your kind words about my weight loss. I am happy about it, too, but can't let myself think how much I still have left to lose or I get down about that. Are you the one who said to share pics of the garden? Lots of things are growing now, so I just wondered. You wouldn't believe the watermelon field...

Angie - oh hon, I was so hoping the show people would be smart enough to pick you. Just keep in mind that there's a good reason you didn't get it, you just don't know what that is yet. But God has something else in mind for you...

Sue and Kathy - hiya!

Also hi to Cristi, Shanna, Katie Rita, Kat, Kayecee and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Gotta tackle Mount Washmore today and get this house cleaned up! I wish I had a housekeeper, lol. It is rainy here in Indiana, but we need it, so that's all good. Cristi - did you have tornados in your area yesterday?? Neal said he thought you might have.

BBL,

Jana
Old 05-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #27  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good Day Ladies~

THANK-YOU ladies for all the birthday wishes!

[BJana[/B]~we didn't have any where we are but had lots going on around us last night. I hate this weather, it's scary to me, more scary than earthquakes. We had some really bad thunderstorms with hail in our area and I think they said 5 inches of rain, but the tornado's went around us. I sure won't have to water the yard for days! Glad you had a nice lunch with your friend.

RosieKate~you are too kind and I don't feel 45, what ever 45 is supposed to feel like. Of course my DD is always saying I can thank my mother because she doesn't look her age, and as much as I hate to admit it, I do look like my mother. Funny, because my younger sister looked like her when she was younger and now I do, and I see my mother in my cousin also-weird. I need to add some recent photo's, maybe after I get these rolls of film developed after Saturday. I remember when Carrie (DD) started pre-school...loooooong time ago, she's 20 but still my baby, heck they are all still my babies. Yes, they do grow fast.

Marti~you will get caught up with your accounting. How much longer is school? This is my sons last week. His last final was today and he will be graduating this Saturday-getting his Associates in Accounting! I am glad you are close to your grandpa. I do hope he is doing okay, give him hugs from me.

Angie~sorry you didn't get on the show. I have to agree with Jana. I always believe there is a reason for the things that happen or don't happen in our lives-I sometimes never know the reason but truly believe there is something else to come along.

Susan~how fun to be decorating your own office and a room for Gabrielle.

Shanna~thank you for the pretty BD card you made. Hope you are doing fine and liking your new job better.

Katie~hope you are enjoying your visit with your mom in Montana.

Hi Kathy & Sue

I must say that yesterday was the BEST Birthday/Anniversary ever!!! Well, the second best-the first best was when we married 5 years ago. Our plans got off to a shaky start yesterday but eventually we got out the door. Vince had to go into work for an hour because apparetnly a lot of guys are taking some of their paid time off and the bosses are having a cow. So he would not to get into trouble he had to go into work for 1 hour-ridiculous. He had only 7 vacation hours left over. Was going to go to Exploration Place (hands on Science musuem) but time got away from us and had to scratch that off the list. Went to get my anklet fixed-I broke it last year and forgot about it, then we went to see Man on Fire w/Denzel Washington-good movie, kind of long but good. We played in the arcade for a while since we got there too early. Had an early dinner at Red Lobster and came home had cake and champagne and too many gifts. I will post a picture once I get the film developed-had the kids take lots. Hopefully they aimed right! Anyway, it was nice. Even though I did get a cake for DS saturday I don't think I want anymore-too much junk in one week. Needless to say I haven't been OP and may not even weigh in Saturday-right! I can't not weigh in-I have to see the damage so I can get my booty in gear. I WILL be back OP Sunday. Okay, this is turning into a novel-too long but I feel like I have been gone for a long time. Anywho...

Have a GREAT day ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #28  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Just checking in real quick before the thunderstorms hit again! Our yard is a swimming pool from last night, so is everyone else's! And it is not over yet! That is the bad thing about Kansas-it doesn't just rain a little and stop-we get a lot of rain in a short amount of time and everything floods.

Surprised to see no one has posted since I posted earlier today. Well, I hope everyone had a good day. I will see ya tomorrow sometime. Have a busy day scheduled. Didn't get in my grocery shopping so have to do that, going to the tanning salon, pick up the cake and balloons for DS Saturday, and a couple other errands. Going to try and be home by noon, not likely but going to give it a good try. Anyway, aloha-hello & good-bye.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:48 PM   #29  

Hello--

Real quick tonight.....I'm swamped in Accounting Homework....when will this end?! Oh....in 3 more weeks!! Or is it 4? Either way, it's almost over and I don't have a clue!!

Hope everyone had a great day.....Hate hearing about your weather Cristi...I'll be thinking of you....just make sure you post when you can so we know you're ok. (BTW.....I had card for you and I didn't get it mailed out until today...so sorry that it's late! It's been sitting on the counter this whole time!!)

Alright, off I go. I will yap more tomorrow.

Marti
Old 05-14-2004, 08:58 AM   #30  
GmaTo8

TGIF!

Wow, only 2 posters since I was here last...

Cristi - look for an email from me - I made reservations at Evansville and got a real good deal on a King Suite so we will have a place to chat. So glad your birthday/anniversary was a lot of fun. I just love Denzel Washington. He is such a good actor and a hottie, too. My birthday and anniversary is back to back too, as we have talked about before. Please post a new picture asap. Glad the tornados spared you!

Marti - dang girl, your school meets a long time! You must have started later than VU did. Neal has a few office hours today, then he is done, but finals were over last week.

Gotta run errands today. It has been rainy and we need it, but I hope it stops for awhile. Everything is so green it almost looks fake, lol.

I have been OP all week, so say a prayer that I will have a good loss in the morning.

Toodles,
Jana