Stay At Home Moms! #166

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
  • Good Morning

First of all...

Geri, I am so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad it's over. I hate that it was on mother's day too.

Cindi, I am so sorry that you didn't have a good Mother's Day. I'll leave it at that. Is the rest of your family still sick or are they on the mend?

Jessi, so glad to see you back. And let me get this straight, it wasn't one day of bad eating it was 3 days of bad eating and not only bad eating but REALLY bad eating. But that's okay, I'm refreshed today. I'm sorry to hear about the stress you're under. I'm not sure what your religion is or if you're very religious, but read the bible through these tough times. Read Job for instance, he lost EVERYTHING, but was fine through it. Or Proverbs is good. I know I've vented to all of you, but I am NOT a stressful person. Sure there are times when things start to get to me but for the most part they don't. I know it's because I know someone has it worse than me or I know that through prayer and my FAITH, which is VERY strong, we will be fine. I didn't mean to preach to you, but those are the ways I deal with stress. Hope it helps. Now you better stick around this time, that's what we're here for.

Spryng, hope your weekend with dh was PERFECT.

Penny, sounds like you had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day. That is terrific.

Michelle, you have been doing so well OP and your Mother's Day sounds like it topped everything off like a cherry.

Let me tell y'all a secret. Before I started eating well and joined this group I would wake up in the mornings hungry. Even though I would eat more during the day than even I do now, I would still wake up hungry. Well after joining and eating better, even though it's less than it used to be, I don't wake up hungry now. I haven't in a long time. But after eating so badly this weekend, I'm hungry this morning. I mean my stomach is growling. I'm not going to eat until I cook breakfast for the kids, but I wanted to tell y'all how it's funny how this works, but eating less but better and healthier keeps you less hungry. Anyway, just a motivator I suppose. Well my Mother's Day turned out pretty much like any other day. After my dh not telling me HMD,(happy mother's day), yet he walked in his family's and said it to EVERYONE else there, I had to say something. So then he said it to me, but the sincereity was not there. We did get to go riding the 4 wheeler by ourselves for a bit and then he told me HMD again. It was nice, but still didn't seem to come from his heart. I know he's not cold he's just not sensitive. I take what I can get. Otherwise the day was like any other.
    Well I let my house go this weekend so I've got LOTS of cleaning to do. This week is the kitchen for the zone and I'm glad because it needs it. Plus I'll strip the beds, laundry, school and errands to run. I'll be rather busy today, but I promise to get in some exercise, EVERYDAY this week and I'm gonna put a tight cover on my calorie intake and watch VERY close. My goal is to not gain by the next WI, I know I probably gained 2 lbs. this weekend, so I've got my work cut out for me. I hope you all have a great day and I'll check in later.
  • Crystal!
    I know you can get back on track today and still do ok on weigh in day.

I mean this is our goal for life so there is always going to be times we don't do well but the great thing is that we realize it and know what to do to get back on track!

We are winning half of the battle by coming here and trying.

Have a better DAY~
  • Morning Gals!
    Well, it's back OP today for me. Also, I'm returning to my Flylady routines - basically getting back to normal after my week's vacation.

Michelle: I'm glad you got a three-mile walk in - that's awesome! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. My gifts were combined Mother's Day/Anniversary ones. I got a beautiful black and white diamond peandant - two interlocked hearts - one heart for DH and one for DS.

Lisa: It's good to know more about you. I'm trying to lose my postpartum weight (30 lbs). Sounds like you're enjoying your life in Iowa - that's nice. I'm in Atlanta and we love it here. It will be fun to get to know you more and more.

Melinda - that brunch sounds delicious! I'm glad you enjoyed Mother's Day. Maybe a small break now and then improves motivation

Geri: I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like your family has had a lot of loss to deal with - I'm thinking of you.

Jessi - thank you for your kind words about my DH - we're just really relieved it's not cancer and can, hopefully, deal with what ever else it is! I'm sending positive thoughts your way for your DH's job search. And, as you know, I re-gained my initial loss as well, so we'll encourage each other with that

Cindi: Sorry your Mother's Day sucked Well, exercise is a wonderful thing. I detest doing it, but it always helps the weight fly off for me.

Crystal: I know you can do it and work hard before your next WI. You seem to always have great knowledge about yourself, weight loss, and your life in general. I can tell that's one of your strengths and I'm glad you use it.

Well, DS is taking a nap, so it's flylady for me! Got to get back on track.
  • Penny, you are so right. Thank you for helping put this in perspective.
  • Good morning ladies

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. It really helps.

Jessie, welcome back! I was just thinking about you yesterday. We do all go crazy once in a while and here is where to get your sanity back...even if you're not eating right! Hope the job search gets better.

Hi Leigh. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Crystal...it's so good that your faith can get you through so much. I would have a hard time if my Dh didn't say things like "Happy Mother's Day" from the heart. Talk to us any time you need to! I know what you mean about waking up hungry! I stress ate a little bit last night and had some sweets. My stomach was GROWLING when I got up this morning. I have also noticed that when I'm eating well I don't wake up that way.

Penny...thanks for the new thread. I have to remember to take some outside pictures and add them to the other site. The flowering crab trees are in bloom and are gorgeous! Hey, send me that new patio set! Mine's about 7 years old and I'd love a new one but it's just not in the budget this year.

We're supposed to have mid-day storms all week so don't know when we're going to mow the lawn for Saturday's party. Also have to get all the food prepared sometime too. I'll wait til later today when I get all the funeral plans to figure everything out. I know Dh wants to get the decking on this week too. The inspector will hopefully come today to look at the framing. Can't wait until that project is done!

Got my 3 mile walk in today. Didn't work out yesterday...since we were going to breakfast I ran out of time in the morning and never got back to it later in the day.

For mother's day I got a gazing ball and stand for my yard. I wanted one last year but never saw a stand I liked. I saw one at Walmart that I liked but Dh found one at Menards that was pretty cool too. He did good!

OK, here's Tony to make me lose my post! Going to run. TTYL
    HI all
  • I was thinking about something this morning. It's an analogy, however not the greatest. But it always helps me to look at my weight loss journey from any and all perspectives. So here goes and let me know what you think:
    Think about our journey like this; You're taking a vacation or moving somewhere far away. You have your directions and know exactly how to get there, however you either choose or not choose to take a detour. The scenerey is pleasant and the pit stops are fun and interesting. But you know that the only way to get to your destination is to get back on track and follow your directions. Maybe your detour was fun while it lasted, but it's not going to get you to your destination or goal.
    I mean, our journey is like that vacation or like we're moving and this weekend I detoured, but the only way to get to my goal is to get back on track. The detour was fun while it lasted but that's over and my destination is insight.
    Some of you may laugh this one away, but for me it helped at least helped get me past my detour. Think about it.
  • Good Morning Ladies!!

I hope this post finds you all doing well!! I have a clingy baby today so I have to make this post a quick one.

Leigh - Thats so cool that you got a pendant how romantic the symbolism is!!

Crystal - You're right, you took a detour and now it's time to get back on the right track. You'll get there girly.

Penny - I hope you have a great Day!

Jessi - Glad to see you're back!

Spryng - We Misssss you!!

Geri - Wtg on the 3 mile walk!! I think it was good you took a day off from exercise sometimes you need to recover. I love those garden gazing balls they are soo pretty although I don't want to put one in my front yard because I'm scared someone will Steal it or break it, not that that kind of stuff happens a lot around here but it does sometimes.

Ginny - How are you doing? Is your computer running yet?

Lisa - Glad to have you with us!! Have a great OP day! Have you chosen a plan or did I already ask that sorry I'm scatter brained today, not enough sleep lol.

Cindi - Sorry to hear your Mothers Day wasn't a good one I hope you are feeling well, and have a fantastic day today!

Well I want to get my bathroom cleaned today since I monkey'd around yesterday, the rest of the house is clean just gotta give the bathroom a once over. I'll probably post again around lunch time.

See you guys then!!
    Michelle
  • Good morning. So much to catch up on. First, a belated Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Welcome to Sarah and Lisa. It sounds like eveyone had a really busy weekend. We had our yard sale, and made $300 altogether. Not bad. Saturday night, dh and I went out to dinner at a Japenense steak house. My mom got us a gift certificate there for our anniversary, and it was so good. Sunday, Dh and ds's made me breafast in bed, and then I went out to my mom's house to help her clean up the yard sale stuff. While I was there, my sister said she wanted to take mom out for lunch for mom's day. She told me I could go to, which was nice, but I could only drink water since I had to have my friggen blood drawn again. So it was us three. Then my yongest brother wanted to go, so it was four of us. Then my mom told me to call my SIL and see if she wanted to go,then my other two brothers came. So seven of us went out to lunch, and my sister was mad because she didn't want anyone else to go. After lunch, I went back to my moms house and helped them load up the stuff to take to goodwill, and then I left to go to the lab. I come home from the blood draw, and my mom,SIL, and siblings are here, and my dh and boys are leaving to go with them. Dh was going to surprise me by buying a bicycle while I was gone and having it home for me. Well, I ruined that surprise, but I got to pick out the bike that I wanted. I rode it home from wal-mart, which is about 3 miles. My mom bought a bike too, and my SIL got her mom a bike for mom's day. My bike was half mother's day present/half anniversary. I am so excited about it. Can't wait for dh to get home so I can go ride it. My weight has stayed the same this week. I hope everyone gets back on track with exercising and eating. Have a great day ladies.
  • Ricci, that bike sounds like so much fun! I'll bet if you ride it daily, and did nothing else different, you'll see a loss this week!

Michelle, thanks for the warm welcome. In answer to your question, my only real "plan" or "program" is to get back to my old ways of eating when I didn't have too much wieght. Pretty much its just moderation in everything. Weather permitting, I really enjoy getting out for a walk everyday, and that helps both with my attitude, and self image... Not a very strict program, but I really think I have a good grasp on knowing the difference between what is good for me, and what is not, and I know how to recognize when I'm making a bad choice, and am ok with being accountable for it when I do.

Crystal, I liked your analogy, I didn't laugh at it at all.

Geri, I totally know what you're saying about being hungry the next morning after eating bad. There is actually a scientific explanation to that! When you've spiked your blood sugars with too much food, you hit a hard low...and its the very low blood sugar that makes you feel so hungry. Its awesome you made this correlation on your own!

I'm sorry everybody else who I"m missing, its 11:00 and the baby is still sleeping, I really need to go check on him, have a great day, and thanks for the warm welcome from everybody!

Lisa
  • Why women cry……..

A little boy asked his mother, “why are you crying?”. “Because I am a woman” she told him. “I do not understand.” He said. His mom just hugged him and said, “You never will”. Later the little boy asked his father” Why does Mommy cry for no reason?”. All women cry for no reason, was all his dad could say. The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry. Finally he put a call in to God. When God gon on the phone, he asked “God, why do women cry so easily?” God replied-
    “When I made woman she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort. I gave her the inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children. I have her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining. I gave her sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances even her child has hurt her badly. I gave her the strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart. I gave her the wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand by him unfalteringly. And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed. “

“ You see, my son, “ said God, the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heartplace- where love resides.”

Hope that everyone had a nice Mothers Day.
    Ginny
  • Ohhhh Ginny!!! That is sooo beautiful, and yes it made me cry lol!!

Ricci - Glad to hear you had such a great Mothers day!!

Lisa - Oh my a baby that sleeps til 11:00 am!! I'm happy if mine sleeps til 7 lol. I think i had one day that she slept til 8 lol but my 2 yo she's been sleeping til 8 the last few days just like her mommy she likes to sleep in lol.

So I got a 2 mile walk in already so I'm doing good!! I have to eat something now lol. Okay so get this guys, Teagan has found a new toy, the dog dishes!! she always crawls to them!! She loves splashing in the water and even tried a piece of dog food yuck!!! every time I leave the room she crawls as fast as she can to the dog dish lol its actually kind of cute lol.

I gotta get back to my chores lol.
    TTYL
    Michelle
  • Good morning all!

DH is gone now so you have my full attention again, lol.

Ginny, that was a beautiful poem! I just loved it. I'm going to save it and print it out. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. How are you doing?

It's taken me a little while to catch up on everyone so I don't know if I will get to be personal or not. So bear with me, lol.
    Lisa, I think you asked me how long it took me to get my weight off? 7 1/2 months. Towards the end I was losing very slowly, like only 2.5 lbs a month. But it really has made WW a lifestyle for me and I love that. Do I have any tips?? Yes, don't deprive yourself of anything you love. Everything in moderation is the key. That is why I always failed at low carb because I couldn't stand to be told what I could or couldn't eat and if something was off limits I would crave it like crazy. But on WW that isn't the case. Everything has a point value so I can have it if I want I just have to stay within my pts.

Well I just watched survivor this morning. I didn't get to see it last night so I taped it. It ended just the way I hoped!!! Geri what did you think?? I can't believe jerri walked off the show. I never really liked her anyway. Sue was looking good. She needed those implants!

Ok, well my house stayed clean throughout the weekend for a change. It was so weird because my Dh was so supportive of me doing flylady that he would help me do my morning and evening routines!lol. And he told everyone about that website! cracked me up. So today I just have one load of laundry to do and I will clean my fridge out today for my 15 min zone work. But it has been a long weekend and I am so tired from it. But it was a wonderful weekend. one of the best ever! I have the best DH in the world and he knows how to make a woman feel loved and appreciated and special. I can't say enough about him
    But I will be able to keep up with the posts again and I promise I will get personal with everyone really soon. Michelle congrats on getting those 10 lbs off!!!! That is wonderful! Crystal, I hope you are back OP now. Remember a cheat day won't set you back too much but you still have to be very careful if it goes past a day. So hang in there and you'll be just fine.
    Ok, gotta get of here and see if Tanner is ready for nap time. I know I am, lol. TTYL!!! It's good to be back! Oh and welcome back Leigh!!!! (you too jessi!!)
  • Happy Belated Mother's Day Everyone

Spryng sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your husband. He sounds like a special man. You will have to fill us in on the details when you get the time.

Geri I am sorry for your loss. Your dinner sounds great. There is nothing better than a bratwurst or kielbaska with sauerkraut! After all I am part polish.

Ginny what a beautiful poem, I am also going to print it out. Thank you for sharing it.

Michelle great job on the excercise. I got some cardio in this morning, only about 10 minutes but I figure it is better than nothing.

I had a nice mother's day. Husband made breakfast, he makes excellent omlettes. Also got some candles, a new lawn chair, and some hanging baskets for outside. Well hello to everyone, there are so many people on this board it is taking me awhile to get to know all of you and your names. Bye for now....Julie
  • Hi Ladies!

Ginny,
    That was beautiful THANK YOU!

Crystal,
    I am glad you are doing better

Michelle,
    ALL I GOTTA SAY IS YOU GO GIRL!!!

Spryng,
    That is so cute that dh was telling everyone about flylady.....lol

Geri,
    If you are reading this, get off here and take some pic of your outside.....lol

Lisa,
    It sounds like you have a great idea of your journey! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you want to lose or do you have a goal set?

Ricci,
    Congrats on the bike! I love riding also! Hope you have fun!!!

Leigh,
    How are you doing getting back on track today? Back in gear???

Well for me... Hunter graduated from Pre-K this morning... sob ... sob.... He is growing up so fast!!