Old 05-09-2004, 06:35 PM   #31  
Walking away the weight

Well, Crystal - I'm glad DH finally told you happy Mother's Day I was just asking about the family thing because sometimes if it's a family tradition or something, then it's harder to change - know what I mean? But, I sure hope you've had an awesome Mother's Day!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!! I hope everyones day went well and I also hope you all reminded your hubbies what being a mother is all about!! Well I just got a 3 mile walk in man am I all sweaty lol not that you needed to know that lol. Dinner tonight I'm having meatloaf half lean turkey half lean ground beef and Mashed Cauliflower and a salad.
Anyone else? Whats for supper?

Spryng I really hope you enjoyed your time with dh I know how excited you were!!

Love
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Wow, it sounds like everyone has had a GREAT mother's day! Yeah!!!
Michelle asked me to introduce myself a little, and give you all an idea about who I am, so here goes!

My name is Lisa, I am 32 years old, I have three children, two girls ( 10-8) and one boy (1). We relocated to the midwest from Southern California in January. That was a disaster for me, at first, but I've come to love it here. Hubby just got out of the Marine Corps in January, and we're very happy about that, and just hope they don't have to call him back. He's now working as a police officer in a small town, and that's just the right speed for us. We just bought our first home, and I'm dying to get it all put together just right, but am learning that patience really IS a virtue, as we've avoided a few mistakes just by sleeping on the decisions a little longer.

I would have described myself as athletic as recently as 3 years ago, but my sport was always surfing, which clearly I'm not going to be doing in the midwest. I need to find another enjoyable physical outlet. I enjoy walking when the weather allows, I cannot beleive the extremes here, coming from a place where the average temp was 72, I thought "cold" meant down in the 50's, and that there was no reason to stay in if you at least owned a sweater....ok, I've learned that's not reality.

I am 16 lbs lighter than my heaviest weight ever, but that's not good enough, especially since I've worked really hard the last 6 weeks to get off the second half of that which I had put back on during our transition out of the Marine Corps, and living with inlaws, and buying a house, and all that funstuff... Here are my current stats, and goals:

5'4" tall ( or should I say I'm 5'4" short?)lol

I am currently at 165 ( down two pounds for the week, yeah!)

my short term goal is 155 by June 7th ( second wedding anniversary)

my long term goal is 139 ( per doctor's orders)

my personal goal is 130 ( hey, I see that as giving myself 10 lbs over my "perfect" weight, figuring, I'm in my 30's now, chances are, I'm not going to see 120 ever again)

My heaviest ever (postpartum) weight was 181.

OK, that's all I can think of, I'll look forward to getting to know you all! Congrats to everyone who had a great week, and keep up the great work!

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:30 PM   #34  

Welcome, Lisa! I look forward to hearing from you.

Congrats Penny and Michelle and the loses.

Penny - You will enjoy that patio this summer with your fab new look. The before and after pics are great. Do you lose weight in your face first? That is how is happens for me, but I gain it there first too.

Happy Mothers Day to all.

I was off program all day but had so much fun. Dh and JW bought me a pair of Dansko sandals. He knows I never buy them for myself since they are so expensive. The bike story. DH searched all over town with JW looking for a bike. Wal-mart was out, even the bike store didn't have what I was looking for. I have a 30th b-day at the end of the month. I have made sure everyone knows I want the bike. I love the shoes, wore them already.
Dh and JW took me to an incredible brunch. I so enjoyed it, but it was actually motivation to get back on program for tomorrow. I must have consumed 1000 + cal in one seating. I got a taste of crab claws, shrimp, salmon, pork loin, stuffed cornish hen, did eat some veggies and salad in there. Cheesecake topped with raspberries, custard tort. It was heavenly, I think I had my fix for the month. I was stuffed came home and we all slept the afternoon away. What a Day! I love being a mother.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:01 PM   #35  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Well I think it is ok to be off plan on Mother's Day!

It is our day and if we want to enjoy ourselves with food we can!

Have a wonderful night!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:59 PM   #36  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Congrats to all you losers and sure am glad that everyone seems to have had a wonderful Mother's Day. I just finished moping the kitchen floor because we had a mid afternoon storm and Will decided to bring the sandbox in the house with his shoes He's such a BOY!! Dirt from head to toes.

We met Dh's family for brunch this morning 'cause my SIL came in to surprise MIL from Texas. She was so surprised she was shaking Then my Mom came over around noon and within about 15 minutes my aunt called to say that my uncle had passed away . It was best for him to go, but on Mother's Day?? My poor grandma Luckily, one of my Aunts was visiting her at the nursing home when they got the word so she wasn't alone. I just feel so bad for her... 93 yrs old and still going. She'll be OK I'm sure...it's just not right. I said that to my MIL and had to quickly add "you know all about that" because she lost a daughter at around 4 yrs old (home accident), twin to the SIL who was visiting and the SIL just lost her one and only 18 yr old son last year (stupid drinking car accident).

Well, I don't want to bring anyone down so I'll sign off now. I really did have a good mother's day overall. My Mom even came back for supper. We just grilled kielbasa (polish sausage-don't know if that's a regional thing or not) and sliced potatoes, onions, garlic...and salad on the side but it was good.

WI tomorrow. Dh is still working nights this week plus the deck and I have to get ready for the big bday bash next Saturday and now throw in a funeral to boot! It'll be a busy week but you ladies can get me through ANYTHING!!

TTYL!!

PS...Lisa - BELOW ZERO SUCKS I live in Wisconsin where it's also 90 degrees one day and 30 the next. Welcome to the midwest
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:00 PM   #37  

Hi Lisa!! Thanks for telling us a little about yourself!! I'm sure you'll feel right at home here!! This really is a great group of women!! Congrats on the 2 lb loss! Just stick around and I'm sure you'll find the support you need I know I did!! These Women keep me going every day!!

Ok so its the end of Mothers day, and what a great day it is!! I got to spend time with my family, take a nice nap, didn't have to worry about cleaning, and even got some hubby and me time lol whoops sorry if that was TMI but you guys know how hard it is to get alone time with toddlers and babies around Anyone get any really good gifts? I got a beautiful Bouquet of flowers and 2 paintings from taylor, a card from both of the girls, and a card from hubby, and I got the 3 mile WATP dvd!!
Well I thought I would come and check in, I will talk to you all tomorrow!!
Love
Michelle
Old 05-09-2004, 11:04 PM   #38  

Geri - you snuck in on me girly!! I'm so sorry to hear of your familys loss I will keep you all in my prayers. If you ever need to talk I'm here for you!!

Melinda - just reading your post made me salivate all that food sounds soooo good, especially the cheesecake!! I hope you enjoyed!! Hop back on the wagon tomorrow!!

Ok just had to post for the Sneaker (geri) and the post I missed lol (melinda)
Goodnight
Michelle
Old 05-09-2004, 11:14 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default I'm back!

Hi ladies,

I'm so sorry that I dropped out of things for awhile! I've been really stressed out and unfortunately I tend to lose control of eating when I'm under stress so I've not been OP at all. I've gained back the 5 pounds that I lost initially. Well, I'm ready to start again and stick to it this time! I'm going to change my goal because I think that it was a little unrealistic. So, now my goal in to lose 25 lbs. and to get into shape. Swimsuit time is getting here so I really wish I had been better earlier! Oh well. I guess I can only control this moment onward.

My husband is trying to find a job, which is a major source of my stress. We are staying with my parents right now and I love being with them, but I'm ready to have my own space again. We may move at any time. My husband has kinda a temporary night job, which adds to the stress and he's not really into the job search thing. I think it kinda makes him panic and he just sorta shuts off. So, basically I have to constantly "encourage" him through every step of the process. He is not doing nearly enough, he'll maybe do one or two things a day and then kinda peeters off. Somedays he doesn't do anything. It really frustrates me because I've seen him be very persistant in pursuing things before and he really isn't doing it now. It makes me mad because when he talks to people he always makes it sound like he is just searching night and day for a job when basically over the last four months he has done very little. Sorry to go on and on, just needed to vent. Anyway, I hope to have something great to report on the job front soon.

I'm so behind that I'm going to reply to today's posts only, then I'll be back in the game.
So sorry if I miss anyone!

Crystal-Don't worry about one day of bad eating. You've been doing really great overall! Glad your hubbie told you Happy Mother's Day. You'll have to train your kids on the Mother's day thing!

Michelle-Wow, you are just dropping pounds like it is nobody's business. Congratulations!!!!

Penny-Down 4.5! That is incredible! Smiles and joy.

Leigh- Your vacation to Florida sounds awesome, I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands health problems though. I hope you find out what it is soon.

Ginny-HI

CIndi-HI

Lisa-It is good to meet you. I know it is hard to adjust to the midwest! I'm a midwest girl myself so I know all about the extremes and the last of beaches etc.. On an up note Iowa was listed as the best state to raise kids in for 2003.

Melinda-That brunch sounds incredible. I can see why it was hard to resist. I think the nice thing about being in control of your eating is that you can feast occasionally and it is a true treat instead of something to feel guilty about.

Penny-Hi there. I hope Mom's day was great.

Geri-Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. Good luck this week with DH working nights. Mine does too and it can make me a bit crazy (having to tip-toe around at 1 pm in a little irritating, but I do want him to get his sleep!)

Well, ladies, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! I'm back and I will talk to you all again tommorrow.

Love, Jessi
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:28 PM   #40  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Better late than never, huh?

I really don't want to talk about mine, it sucked!!!! Worst one ever I think. NUFF SAID!

I am really wanting to kick up the exercise this week if I can get over this sore throat. I have been crunching daily and doing weights, too. But need more cardio to rev up my motor and pilates just because I wanna. Other than that, I think I am doing pretty well with my food choices, not always perfect, but far better than I use to do!!

JESSI!!!! So happy to see you back. Stress is such an evil thing. But you are back in the game and it's a game you can win!!! Stick with us and you will do great!! My dh has had the same job issues, so I am with ya there. It's a bad place to be for everyone involved.

Michelle, Glad you got the gift you wanted.

Geri, So sorry for the bad news on Mothers Day, but glad that it's almost over. I will pray for your family.

Lisa, Welcome!!! So glad to know you have another name! Post more often!!

Everyone else...I love ya and I'll chat more tomorrow!

Night!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:33 PM   #41  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Well Geri,
I am so sorry !!!! Your family is still in my prayers and will remain there during this difficult time!

We are here for you!

.......... Till Tomorrow!
Old 05-09-2004, 11:54 PM   #42  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Started a New Thread

See YA' There!

Here's the link
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40434
Old 05-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Jessie, I know exactly how you are feeling, when hubby got out of teh Marine Corps, we didn't have a job lined up ( well, we sort of did), and we lived with his grandparents for 3 months ( I had packed for 2 weeks, thinking we would get here, have a job, and get at least an apartment right away...) As it turned out, he ultimately got the job he thought he would get, but wow, was I pissed everyday when he would play video games instead of look for a job. I totally understand your feelings. I think you're entitled to them. I'm sure something will work out soon, just keep " encouraging" him ( lol, i love how you put that in quotes.) Don't worry about the weight, like you said, you can only control what happens next, not what already happened, and really, 5 lbs is not an unmanageable amount to start over with.

Good luck!! And if it helps, let everybody around you know that you're trying to destress your life, and that eating bad foods are not making you feel any better, so please don't offer them to you. It might work, they might be offering you "comfort foods" becuase they know you're stressed. And what does a mom or a grandma do better than think a cookie is going to fix it all? huh??? Ok, let me know what I can do to help you succeed!

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote