Old 05-06-2004, 05:07 PM   #1  
Motivated Lupine

Cool Healthy Headstart for Pregnancy Buddies #2

This is an open group of women looking to lose weight in order to have healthy, happy pregnancies later down the road…

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join!

My name is Trish, I’m 26 years old, and have a beautiful 4 ½ year old daughter as well as a handsome 8 year old stepson. My husband and I were just married this past April 1st and we are getting ready to try and conceive a baby of our own. Currently, since joining 3FCs, I’ve lost 7 pounds and hope to continue losing until I’m pregnant.

Please introduce yourselves and feel free to join in!
Smiling_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #2  
Motivated Lupine

My dinner was soooo good. I wish I could eat it again!!! I had a side salad with a vinagrette dressing (I can't spell that) and black beans mixed in. The beans and the dressing were the most calories, but it was sooo good and although I feel full, I don't feel like I overate!

Anyways, how are you two tonight?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Good morning Trish! I meant to get on here last night, but I went to watch Friends and there was a remembrance thing for an hour then the Friends Finale came on at 9....afterward Tim was on the computer and I just wanted to go to bed....It's finally Friday though!!

Last night I went out with a friend after work and didn't end up getting to the gym...I will go to tonight and tomorrow morning before I babysit Shae...Tim and I get to play parents because my younger sister has to work It should be fun, Shaelyn is such a good baby...Then tomorrow night we should be going out to dinner for my best friend's birthday and Sunday is Mother's Day, so we'll be going to my mom's (Tim's family lives in Alabama so we'll just call his mom)...

What do you have planned for this weekend? Does your DH have something planned for you on Sunday (that you know about)?

Hope you Friday is going well...I feel better just knowing the weekend is upon us!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:37 AM   #4  
Motivated Lupine

Morning, Sunshines

Well, food question- is it bad that I'm going to have plain pancakes and 3 strips of bacon for breakfast? I'm just irritated with the Calorie Counter which is simply a cooked chicken breast and cottage cheese- and there is no 'GOOD' food calorie-wise on the whole menu that I'm not utterly sick of. SIGH.

No plans for this weekend except getting my nails filled. I HATE getting my nails done, but love the look, YKWIM?

Well, we made our decision- we ARE going to TTC from here on out... I'm still going to be gung-ho here- even if I get pregnant since I will want to keep a close eye on my weight then. With my first two girls (my eldest is in Heaven), I gained from 60-85 pounds! OMG! Horrendous! Anyways, who knows how long it will take to get pregnant?

I watched Friends... I cried. And cried Sigh.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

Finally caught up enough to get in here...

I say that your breakfast is fine because you don't eat it everyday and you need to give yourself a treat every now and then, right?

I know what you mean about your nails too...I used to get my nails done until I ripped one off getting my sister's stroller out of my trunk...then I decided to take them off because it really hurt...I guess I'm a big baby

I'm so happy for you that you are starting to try, as long you don't leave us on here...My mom's doctor told me it's okay to continue doing whatever exercise you were doing before you yet pregnant throughout your pregnancy...so that might help you keep your weight from getting out of control the third time (BTW, I'm soo sorry to hear that you suffered that loss ) And you are also right about not knowing how long it will take...could happen right away or could be months from now... I wish you the best of luck though!

I wanted to cry when I watched Friends too...but I didn't because I didn't want Tim to think I was a wimp... It's really sad that it is over though.

Hope Friday is treating you well!
Old 05-07-2004, 04:40 PM   #6  
Motivated Lupine

I tried only eating 2 of the pancakes, but I had the third one for lunch. It was sooo yummy- even without butter or syrup! LOL! I've learned I can eat a lot of things without dressing or syrup-stuff. Like I can eat a lot of salads without the dressing because I like the taste of the veggies and meats

Anyhoo, wish today would finish up!
Old 05-07-2004, 08:36 PM   #7  
Motivated Lupine

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!!

I left work early today to see the Friends gang on Oprah- and cried some more. Big baby. And then I JUST worked out. I'm trying to convince myself to run to Walmart and get some hair dye- I'm tired of my color. I was a glorious red and then my friend convinced me to go to her hairdresser who made my hair more glorious with these blonde and darker red streaks. Well, I waited about 8 months before going back because of the cost and went right before my wedding- this time, she did it a dull blondish color that I cannot stand. LOL- so I'm thinking of becoming a box redhead again. Don't want to spend the $100 to get my hair colored!

How's your Friday going out there?
Old 05-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #8  
One step at a time...

My Friday went well... Me and Tim went out with my younger sister and her daughter...went to the movies and then to Bickford's....I don't think I'll ever go there again....the service was terrible

This morning I went to the gym as I did last night... I weighed myself and it was down so i asked the girl who workd there to weigh me to see if I did it wrong...It was still down I was at 206.2# That "Onederland" goal is looking more and more doable

Anyways I hope you weekend if off to a good start...I have to get moving because I have my sister's daughter for the day and she is falling asleep so I am going to go settled her down.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:18 PM   #9  
Motivated Lupine

Awww- that is such AWESOME news!!! I always step on and off my scale just to double check that it's right!!!!

Today, I'm down a pound, so I'm TWO pounds away from my very first 10 pounds gone I'm pretty excited about that. Decided when I reach 155, I'm gonna buy me something purty to wear- sounds fun!

Right now I'm balancing the dumb checkbook. I have to get my nails done this weekend, but I so want to wait- hate spending the cash. And my Mom wants to go see Van Hessling and the movies are always so expensive... LOL
Old 05-08-2004, 12:52 PM   #10  
One step at a time...

Way to go Trish!!!! Pretty clothes always sounds like fun!

Shaelyn woke up already and she's all happy (as usual) so we sent you something cute!

Balancing the checkbook sounds like TONS of fun LMAO....I would get my nails done though if I was you...You saved all that money by doing your hair yourself, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shaeshae.jpg (44.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-08-2004, 01:38 PM   #11  
Motivated Lupine

Awww, what a doll face!!! I just made a siggy for Pregnancy.org, a site I host at, with some wedding pics- so I figured I should share with you too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weddingresized.jpg (39.7 KB, 3633 views)
Old 05-08-2004, 11:10 PM   #12  
Motivated Lupine

Well, I worked out today- and for that, I'm proud of myself. I didn't eat 'well' today, but I stayed under my calorie limit- so I'm not going to be too harsh on myself. The weekends are when I ALWAYS want to go out to eat and if we go out to eat, I start with thinking I'll order something healthy, but by the time the server comes- I'm ordering whatever sounds yummy at the moment. So we didn't go out to eat today- and I'm proud of that fact too
Old 05-09-2004, 04:23 AM   #13  

Hello all...
I am new to this - again. I am 5'7" and 185 pounds. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years and the doctors can't find anything wrong with either of us, except that I am overweight. And for me it is secondary infertility - I have a son. He is 4 and a half. When I got pregnant with him I was 135/140 pounds and in GREAT shape.
My goal is to loose 50 pounds to be back at my pre-baby weight. I miss being so physically fit and having a body that could do anything anytime - including concieveing and carrying a baby!

WM
White_Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:47 AM   #14  
Motivated Lupine

Welcome, WM!!! We're so excited to have you with us!

I'm so sorry that your TTC journey has been so long
Old 05-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #15  
One step at a time...

Welcome WM!!! Glad to have you with us! I hope that you will reach your goal swiftly so you and your DH can have your child(ren) together...It must be tough to have been trying for so long...

BTW - Happy Mother's Day to the two of you!!!

Trish - Good job staying under your calories and for working out!! I'm proud of you!! Yesterday I went over 1400 calories for the first time...I caved and had a strawberry daiquiri at Smokey Bones when I was out for my best friend's birthday....That little bugger had like 500 calories in it! It's a goo thing that I had kept my calories really low all day before that....

Well I must get going to see my mom... Hope you all are have wonderful weekends!