Old 05-06-2004, 10:30 PM   #16  
SAHM of 3

well girls, Friends is over. I did NOT cry. Tears came up but didn't fall. It actually ended so perfect. Just like I wanted. And Joey has a new spinoff coming out next fall, I'm anxious to watch that. Well I didn't eat a salad, but I only had ONE taco and about two pieces of cake. Not sure how bad I did. I didn't get to exercise because my stomach started hurting after I ate the one taco. I think I haven't been eating real fattening or greasy foods and I think that might have been the problem. Besides Andrew was so cranky tonight, I probably wouldn't have gotten the chance. I'm really sad that Friends is over. It's kind of stupid how a TV show that is pretend can get to you like this.

Penny, hope your day slows down tomorrow.

Michelle, what did you think about Friends. I was so happy the way it ended. I was afraid they were gonna make it too emotional but they didn't. It is gonna be sad, though, to not have it on anymore, I think that's why I'll catch the Joey spinoff.

Spryng, glad your laundry is caught up. That is a feeling of accomplishment. I have wanted to see The Last Samurai, let me know how it ends.

Well I guess that's it for me. Tomorrow is going to be a regular Friday. I haven't done great this week but if I don't gain, I'll consider that an accomplishment and I'll push harder next week. I hope all of you have a great evening and I'll check in in the AM.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:11 PM   #17  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Just finished watching ER. Now I will go to bed and thank God for my 2 healthy boys that drive me absolutely nuts every minute of the day...sure puts things into perspective. I planned on a nice long post but after all the bawling I just did I'm going to bed.

Have a great night.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Crystal - I did soooo cry lol!! I am soo glad Rachel got off the plane! I thought they were gonna end it with her going to paris and I just sat there saying no no no lol.

Well I did much better with calories today I think i got around 950 for today. 64 oz of water and a 2 mile walk in. So I'm pretty pleased with how it went.

Well I'm going to go to bed early tonight cuz I think I'm getting sick, my throat is killing me. Anyway I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

So did Rachel choose Ross??? How did it end??

Michelle, sounds like you did great with your eating today. Did those tacos hit the spot? I love having soft tacos at least once a week with ff refried beans.
Geri, so sorry ER upset you. Didn't see it either. But sleep well tonight knowing your kids are safe and loved.
Crystal, I know what you mean about being so sad when a tv series ends for good. That was me when sex and the city ended. I cried like a baby and it ended perfectly too. I hear they are going to make a movie that starts right where the series left off. But I felt like I knew those women and I loved their characters. The Last Samarai was good but sad. I cried and cried. It's a movie I will only watch once but it was a great movie. Kinda like Braveheart, I loved that movie so much but it tore my heart out so I never watched it again, too sad. But a great film. Does that make sense?
Penny, sounds like you need flylady!!! Hope you get caught up and get a chance to post, we miss your long posts!

Well I had an unexpected visitor this afternoon. TOM!!!! He wasn't suppose to show up until sunday. BAD TIMING. Maybe that ruptured cyst through my cycle off. Who knows. All I know is that he is here and so will my DH and they don't get along very well. lol. O-well... I'm sure we can get creative We still have a great weekend planned. I am so excited about our zoo trip. I printed off a map of the zoo so we can plan our route before we even get there. They are having lots of live exhibits this weekend and I can't wait to see them.
Well I just finished mopping the kitchen so now the house is ready for DH. I'm sure it will be a disaster come monday. Well.. guess I'll get ready for bed. I'm too psyked to sleep though. I get too antsy the day before he comes home. And if you think I'm bad now I'll be worse tomorrow, lol. It's just that is has been 3 weeks and I miss him so much!
Ok, gonna go. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:26 AM   #20  
SAHM of 3

Post Today's Poll

Who was your childhood or highschool sweetheart? In a few sentences, talk about him. Even if it was your dh now, when and how did you meet?

My childhood and highschool sweetheart were the same. Marcus. We met in church in the 5th grade and went to the same school too. Our families knew each other. We dated off and on for 7 years, up until we were seniors. He thought, his family thought and my family thought we would end up together. I ended it. (this is the biggest secret I've EVER told anyone...I believe he and I were/are soul mates. I ended it and got with my dh now, dated six months and married. I'm happy don't get me wrong, my dh and I are NOT soul mates, but for some reason God put us together and gave us 3 beautiful kids, for that I'm happy) Okay that was a secret you all know about me now.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:43 AM   #21  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Well Good Morning Girls.
WI.............................down 1 lb. I officially broke the 200 mark. YEAH!!! It actually surprises me that I'm down. But I'll take it.

Michelle, sorry you cried during Friends. I think I knew they would end up together and that's why I didn't cry.

Geri, I only caught that emotional moment on ER. I don't watch it anymore, but I saw the preview when Carter was breaking down and I wanted to catch that part and see why. That was so sad, but Carter played an awesome role there. So real.

Spryng, so sorry about TOM. I'm always so glad to see it. I'm like NEVER normal, I'll go months w/o it. And I so don't really want another baby when it comes, I'm relieved. I don't want that to sound the wrong way. I really don't want anymore, but if God sees that it is to happen, I would receive that with happiness. Just wanted y'all to be clear on that. So glad your dh comes home this weekend. It's been an astounding 3 weeks since you've seen him. I hope y'all have so much fun. And I hope you don't get to post this weekend, because that would mean you're so busy and preoccupied you don't have the time. I mean we'd love to hear from you, but hope you have fun, oh you know what I meant, LOL.
Okay on Friends Finale, Monica and Chandler moved to their new house right outside of NYC with their new adopted twins. Phoebe stayed behind with her new dh that told her he wanted to have a baby. Joey stuck around, but it never said anything about him moving to LA, which he is suppose to do for his spinoff. And yes Rachel got on the plane to Paris after Ross professed his love to her, but after he got home and was sad, she came their and had gotten off the plane. They hugged, kissed, told each other they loved each other and this was for good no more stupid stuff, they were together...!!! The end. It ended with them walking to Central Perk for Coffee. I thought it ended so gracefully it wasn't some big emotional, "Oh my Gosh, they're all going away and oh how sad..." kind of thing. It was great, still sad it's over.
I had gotten into Sex and the City this last season. I never watched all of it, but kind of would like to. I missed the last one, but caught the one before that. I really didn't like Big and didn't want them together, but I guess that was her true love, huh?

Well, today is Friday. After breakfast and my morning routines, we'll leave to run errands and clean mom's house. This week flew by, it doesn't feel like Friday. I'm pretty happy with my 1 lb. loss, I think that will help keep me motivated. I've got the bookfair tomorrow. I can't wait. I'm leaving the kids here in the AM with dh, sleeping. I'll be leaving at like 615 or 630. I've got to meet my sister about 25 minutes away at 7am. Then our ride together is over an hour. We won't be back home until like 5pm. No kids, lots of fun. Anyway, I'll check in later.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:21 AM   #22  

Good morning all!

Ok for my WI.... up half a lb. But that is fine with me. i knew I would gain because of TOM and I had been keeping an eye on the scale all week because of it and I'm actually lower than I was tuesday and wednesday so that is good. I know next week wil be better

Ok, my childhood and highschool sweetheart....
I moved around ALOT during my childhood, but in the 6th grade I was in love with Ronald. He was Fillipino and so cute and smart. We played basketball together and he called me Jordan, lol. (hey I was pretty good back then, lol) we were boyfriend and girlfriend and he was the first guy that ever came to my house. I lived way off in the country and he rode his bicycle all the way to my house! That was many miles for him. But then I moved away to oklahoma (I was in CA then) and we wrote for months and he asked me to marry him when I turned 18 and had a ring, lol. But my life was moving on at that time and we grew apart and the letters stopped. I still don't know what happened to him to this day. But that was my first real love, lol. In high school there were a few boys my heart was with but nothing serious until I met my DH. So I guess that is it, lol. Sad huh?

Michelle, thanks for filling me in on the friends finale. Sounds really good. I'm a big survivor fan though and the finale to that will be this sunday. I hope I don't forget to tape it because I know we won't be home. Congrats on the 1 lb down and for hitting ONE-derland!!!! It's always nice too when it's not expected.
OK, well I have just a few things to do this morning. My morning routine, and a couple very small tasks. DH should get into Olathe about noon or thereafter and I'll have go get him so he can leave his truck at the yard and have some stuff worked on it. Then we'll pick it back up after we go to the zoo tomorrow. So that will be alot of driving the next few days Well guess I'll get off here and get my morning routine done and my shower out of the way. TTYL!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:13 AM   #23  
2BoysMom

Good Morning

Crystal, congrats on one-derland!! I can't wait to hit it again and stay there forever!

Spryng, Carter and his girlfriend were expecting. I think she was about 7 months and the baby died. She had to give birth and it was really horribly sad. My eyes are all puffed up...I always call that frog eyes!! So glad Dh is going to be home. Hope you have nice weather at the zoo. Cloudy, cold, windy, crappy here . I had to water the garden last night and I think I see stuff coming up I'm so excited about fresh veggies!!

Childhood sweetheart...I married the kid across the street when we were in gradeshool! Never really liked him so don't know what that was about! Never dated in hs, no proms or homecoming...I was a fat shy kid Dated a lot of losers between college and Dh. Now I really appreciate what I have.

Michelle... you should still up your calorie intake some just my opinion though I haven't seen much of friends sine I got hooked on Survivor...Spryng remember that Sunday is the finale!! I did watch the last episode last night and shed a few tears myself

Cindi, hope Christian is feeling better.

Hi Melinda! Yoga is not a sweating kind of exercise...toning and mobility and balance (why I can't do it ). Sounds like the LA weight loss people are a strange bunch by you. My ex SIL goes there and has lost over 20 lbs. She seems to like it.

I got my 3 mi walk in this morning so I'm happy about that. I WI again on Monday...it's been 2 weeks and an awful lot of cup cakes. I will be happy if I stay the same Tony wants me off the puter!

Ginny, Penny, Jessie, Leigh, everyone else out there...have a great day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:37 AM   #24  

LOL!! I didnt hit One-derland!! I wish!!

But I'll pass that congrats on to crystal My official weigh in is coming up I'm excited! I'm sure it will be great!

So today I don't have too much to do DH had everything done before he went to work so I wouldn't have to work hard today! Teagan Got up at 11pm last night and wouldnt go back to sleep so I brought her out to the livingroom and rocked her back to sleep and fell asleep in the chair myself lol Got her back in the crib about 1:30 Hopefully I don't get too tired today.

Well my girls are getting antsy for some mommy time! I'll talk to you guys later

Much Love
Michelle
Old 05-07-2004, 10:50 AM   #25  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Default Mornin'

Hmm....I did Very well last night too. We had burgers on the grill and chopped salad. I didn't have seconds! And night #3 in a row that I didn't have any late night treats!!

Crystal, I still have yet to buy Mom's day cards. I am So terrible about that! I too love friends! I have been a fan since I was 14! I am SO happy it ended the way it did. Maybe the other cast members will make cameo appearances on "Joey".

My first love/sweetheart....hmm, I was a freshman in HS and dated a real jerk. He told me how he hated his ex BF, because he thought he was gay. Well I had two classes w/this supposedly "gay" guy, and ended becomoing friends w/him. It turned out he wasn't gay and after the jerk and I split up the friend Jeremy, and I were attatched at the hip...but just friends. I thought I was in love w/him, but was sure he wanted to be only friends. I ended up getting a boyfriend my sophomore year, and Jeremy was crushed. He had always liked me but was too chicken to say anything. We still kept being friends and then I moved from Portland to the Seattle area. We started to write letters and talked on the internet. Eventually we got into a LD relationship for 2 yrs. We would visit eachother whenever we could and I even went to my old school's prom w/him in Portland. We planned on getting married and moving myself back to OR. Well, after graduation my Mom almost died and we ended up splitting up because I was too sad to deal w/anyone. He got another gf, and after my mom was better I got a bf (my hubby!). He broke up w/his gf and came looking for me...he would always be my friend, but try to convince to leave the relationship w/my now hubby. Two months before I got married Jeremy even drove unannounced to profess how he was in love w/me. I had let him go a long time ago. He came to our wedding and let me go as well (thank God) but we are still friends since we have a lot of other good friends in common. Now he's a drunk....it's pretty sad.

I am so happy my life turned out the way it did! At one point before I got married I almost left my hubby for Jeremy because I got cold feet. But I truly am thankful I followed my heart, I wouldn't do a thing different if I were a chance. LOL

You ladies have a great day! Thanks for all of your support. You guys rock. I have a pretty busy day ahead of me today...I will try to come back tonight.

Sarah
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #26  

I did Pilates this morning and the room was freezing when I went in, but I did break a sweat. The Pilates/Yoga thing is so relaxing, but mentally I still feel like I need to work that heart rate higher with cardio. I picked up a 45/ 3mile walk with JW yesterday afternoon. If I get a bike for Mothers Day, I think I will ride in addition to the gym so I still feel like I am getting a workout.

Geri - I am with you on ER. I checked on JW about 6 times that hour. He happen to wake up at 1230am and I was so happy to hold him. It will be interesting to see where the show goes from there. I need a better attitude about the LA thing. I go tomorrow for another weigh in. TOM was suppose to come to today, but I might be off cycle since I am not on the pill with nursing. No way I am preg. dh has had that sore hiney for weeks.

Spryng - Don't sweat the .5 pd. You are great to be at goal and still so motivated.

Michelle - I am with Geri on keeping a constant calorie. You don't want to go too low and lose energy. This LA is making me so tired. Sometimes I don't get in all of my food b/c the options are getting boring. I am working on that though.

Crystal - Have a great weekend at the bookfair.

Penny, Ginny, Sara - Hope you can get a post in.

Dated my high school bf two years, broke up in college.We talked and went out as friends on breaks from school. He went to the Air Force Academy and is now a pilot. His mom does not even know where he is now. He is married and expecting this month. I send his mom a Christmas letter and picture of the family. I haven't talked to him but find out thru his mother's e-mail. I could have married him if it was not for the distance, but I am glad bc I could have not been an air force wife. My dh has all of his great qualities plus more. We met at church, dated 6 months, were married a year and a half later. I thought married life was great and that I could not love him anymore, but having a child together makes it more special, if you know what I mean. I love this man!

Happy Friday! JW is finally down after being in the crib for an hour. How long do you let them play before you go get them? If he is crying, I usually do 15 min, but playing sometimes an hour, he seems happy. Is that awful? Just wondering.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #27  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Morning Chicks!

Tom came to visit...early here too. I couldn't understand why I wasn't having a good week, I have been making sure to eat LOTS of fruits and veggies. I know I am getting at least my 5 a day. Now it all makes sense. I won't even worry about weigh in this week, the scale said up 2...typical, I guess.

Christian is a little better, his fever is down, but still not gone. I have a headache and a nasty house to deal with. Didn't get anything done yesterday, and no one ever helps me here without me getting ugly, so here I sit, in a mess. But I will shovel my way out in no time I hope.

Spryng, do you have a pilates video? If anyone has a good one to recommend, I am looking to buy a good one.

Congrats on the One-derland, Crystal. I wish it was me!!!!

Michelle, Hope you feel better.

to all the ones I missed, my mind is mush til my headache goes away. I'll catch back up soon!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:37 PM   #28  

I know I should get more calories in I think I average about 1000 a day but I'm just not hungry I'm sure its my medication working I'll try to get an extra 200 calories a day in! Anyway dd#1 is getting on my nerves so thought I would take a minute to myself and post She has been screaming all morning about this and that. I couldnt even brush my teeth without her coming in and making a huge fuss so I yelled at her to get out and she yelled for me to get out and it just escalated from there ughhhh "calgon take me away!!" jk lol Hubby said I can go pick up the 3 mile watp dvd today for my mothers day gift lol thats fine by me too I don't want something that isn't useful to me and this tape will just help me achieve my goals he knows how important this is to me . I'm sure he wants the old me back too.

Ok I'm not so mad anymore so I'm going to go finish my laundry and cleaning the bathroom. I'll post again in a little bit.
Love you all!!
Michelle
Old 05-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #29  

Ohhh and I didnt have a highschool sweetheart....sure I dated but no one that stands out in my mind or that I ever really think about. I am with my soul mate and don't know what I would do without him! He is truely the one that I will remember for all time .
Old 05-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #30  

hello again!

Well Dh won't get in until around 4 pm. So I am here pacing like crazy, jk. I'm actually ready to sit and watch some tv for awhile. I went this morning and did some bill paying, ate soe lunch, and then washed the van and vacuumed it. Boy it doesn't take long for my van to look terrible with the kids toys in it and french fries!! lol. Do you all let your kids eat in your vehicle? Everyone can't believe I let mine eat in our van since it is new, but it's always something that can be easily picked up (like french fries and chicken nuggets, NO SAUCE, lol) so it doesn't bother me any. And of course they have their "travel" toys in there too that are only for the van. Do you all have something like that? Just curious.

Michelle, sorry your dd is giving you a rough time today. I hope it gets better as the day goes on. And that is so nice of your DH to let you get the WATP video for mothers day!! He must really see how motivated you are.
Cindi, TOM hit you early too huh? But that means we'll have a good WI next week when he is GONE! lol. Yes I do have a pilates dvd that I love. I wanted to do it last night but then I didn't want to overdo it this week since I had such a rough time sun-wednesday with my cyst and all. But it is call Pick your Spot Pilated, The cover also says Crunch Pilates. I like it because it is 3 workouts for abs, butt, and thighs, and each are 10 min long. So you can do 10 min or all 30 min for a great workout and they are easy to follow and no rolling around like a ball (which another one I bought made you do and it hurt my tailbone) but I feel the workout when I'm doing it and it is great. So I recommend that one for beginners. And it's at walmart and was only 12 bucks for the dvd. So not badly priced.
Melinda, you cracked me up with the theory of not being pregnant because your DH has had a sore hiney for weeks, LOL. I don't remember them listing that as a birth control method but hey! if it works, lol! And about babies playing in their cribs before you get them out, if Tanner wakes up in the morning and starts playing I'll let him play until he stands up and makes his "I want out or else!" noises, lol. But it's fine for them to play by themselves for however long they like so don't feel bad, enjoy the fact that he is learning to entertain himself! Most mothers would die for a few minutes of that.
Sarah, congrats on doing so great last night!! The longer you do it the easier it gets. I think they say it takes 3 weeks for something to become a habit, so hang in there!!
Michelle, maybe you'll be able to grab a nap sometime today.
Geri, I would see why that episode upset you. I can't watch stuff like that. SOOOOOO heart wrenching. That's like an episode on CSI once about a couple who purposely left their infant in a hot car so it would die because they thought he had a bad disease and turns out he was very healthy but it was too late. Tore my heart out and stomped on it and I was a wreck for a few days. Just writing about it now makes me teary... so on to a another subject now. I couldn't remember if anyone else watched survivor so it's so nice to have you!! What did you think about Big Tom leaving last night?? I didn't see it coming at all. I was so sad for him but he's a great guy and will pop back with no problems. So who do you want to win? I still like Rupert from last season, he hasn't wowed me this time around but he's a nice guy, I honestly think Rob should win because he has played that game to the fullest. Not saying I like him much but he has played the game well I think. What do you think?
Oh and Crystal, I meant to tell you congrats on hitting One-derland!!! I don't know how I get you mixed up with Michelle, lol. Sorry. My poor brain has a hard time keeping up with everyone sometimes.

Ok, well... guess I'll get off here and find something to keep me busy. TTYL!