Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 06:28 PM   #61  

Empress-- No offense taken! And I wasnt very clear was I?? No, what I want to discuss is an internal transfer....which may not be allowed ... and at the same time also pursue this other development... and see what happens..
That's what I mean by covering my bases....

It will be interesting as I have a history of major changes happeing in the fall... don't know if the last major change was an exception or a new pattern...

I do not believe I am in a desperate situation... certainly has not been brought to my attention...

I cannnot believe how miserable I am... Even laying down is an effort...
I have already decided that if I don't feel better in the am, I have to stay home as if I'm having trouble focusing in bed, how will I last sitting up for 8 hrs?

Am only up now as DH got tired too... but the beagles wanted their supper...
Old 05-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #62  
Empress/Queen

Oh, that's good, then. I was picturing you marching in and saying the job just wasn't for you and quitting or something. Definitely, though, if you don't feel well tomorrow, you should stay home. I think you are due for a rest!
Old 05-09-2004, 08:36 PM   #63  
Hot Stuff

Happy Mother's Day to all of us, whether our children be of the human, furry, feathered or scaled type!

I spent the weekend going through closets, wardrobes, dressers....resulting in six heaping garbage bags of clothing to be donated. The state of our bedroom and lack of space has really been dragging me down for weeks, and it is great to have it done!

I am going to give the South Beach another go and see if I can make it without threat of taking anyone's head off this time.

Just got in from dinner with extended family, and have to get some laundry done or I may be arrested for indecent exposure in the morning on the way to work!

Monday looms....
Old 05-09-2004, 09:31 PM   #64  
Empress/Queen

Wildfire, I bought a copy of the Mediterranean Diet (or a version of it), which, at some point when I'm past this scale crisis, I might have a go at. I seem to naturally aspire to that kind of diet (except for the binge food) so it might work out.

Eydie, responding to your question on another thread (which I did already but I just thought of this), I think the Med Diet Pyramid would be a great meal planning tool for me when I get past the crisis. I can visualize putting that on a spreadsheet ...

For now, I'm all about the calories and that means no more BK French toast or ANYTHING that I am not sure is calorically what the Calorie King tells me it is ...

And getting 350 min of exercise.

And staying employed.

And going to the weaving class.

And getting that Old Dog to come back in the house (she's hiding in the yard somewhere and ignoring my pleas to return).

Ok, bye! [/color]
Old 05-10-2004, 07:24 AM   #65  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning -- literally just stopping in to say hi I've got some work I need to get done this morning, want to fit in a run and also am driving 45 mins (each way) to have lunch with friends today. I hope to get a chance to get in and have a real visit this aft.

Let's make this a good one (even if that means sleeping/reading trashy novels all day for the indisposed -- hmmm, that actually sounds pretty good, if one could only manage to get to that ideal spot where you're too sick to work, but just well enough to read )

Love to all!
Old 05-10-2004, 08:47 AM   #66  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

My Lord! What a morning! We had quite the active thunder-boomers last night, 1.75 inches of rain...and the dawn breaks like it was all a bad dream. I know it wasn't because you can almost canoe in the side yard....

Anyways, am full of resolve this morning...actually a carry over from the week end...had a great one...lots done, nothing of any importance to me, but still active. This week could be a little ish, but we'll see. One day at a time, one meal at a time and none of that destructive behavior. Think I'll go buy some gum....and chaw the bejezzus outta it!

Ceara
Old 05-10-2004, 08:17 PM   #67  
Hot Stuff

Kaylets, sounds like opportunity is knocking at your door! I hope you can get the transfer, if that is what you really want. Feel better!

Amarantha, what is the Mediterranean diet? Hope you have stayed employed and got Old Dog back in the house!

Arabella, how was your lunch?

Ceara, wasn't the thunder great last night? I was in that half-awake state and could hear it rumbling through around 1am.

anagram, did you get a couple of slow days to enjoy this weekend?

We have not seen Cerise since she self-mutilated her feet last week....I wonder did she type with her toes all this time, and that is why she is absent?

zadie, Eydie, Punkin, wsw, Frogger...Hello!
Old 05-10-2004, 08:35 PM   #68  

Ah indeed, Wildfire, I did have a very lazy weekend. Started Friday afternoon and continued today. I did things but had very little "musts" scheduled. Am feeling slightly more sane.

I too enjoyed our Empress "to do" list, esp the 'stay employed' part. Probably sometimes as difficult to do as losing weight.

Shared in the thunder boomers here as well. Heard a bunch today but they skirted ever so slightly to the north which I appreciated as I had pillows drying on the line.

Visited four places yesterdy to look for flowers and turned my nose up at all. These are places that usually have nice stuff (and at nice advertised prices). So tomorrow I hie me off to one or two greenhouses where I'm guaranteed a nice selection and I'm going to ignore the higher prices because I'm not really going to put many in this year (I say that every year) and what I do I want to really have punch.

Was pleased this a.m. when I tried out DS. Was still at the nice new number reached last week (has been up and down a wee here and there). Am hoping for another nice new number this week so don't want to get too cozy with this one.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:31 PM   #69  
caffeine free!

Howdy,
We also had some mighty storms. We even bundled ourselves and the kitties into the basement, but the worst of it was a bit further north.

Kaylets - it really sounds like you are doing the right thing by shifting jobs. Whatever makes you Happy. It is so difficult when you have a job that just does not fit properly

Amarantha - I have heard really good things about the Mediterranean diet. Let us know how it goes.

Cerise - I feel your pain about ill fitting yet cute shoes. I had a pair that I wore part of the time I was in DC that I am still recovering from. I have been wearing my Birkenstock's every day since then to let my feet heal. But hey, maybe this is a sign from the powers that be that you must go shoe shopping.

Happy late mothers day to all the mothers out there, whether your kids be human, feline, canine or other.

I have nasty amounts of work, but at least the eating exercising thing is going well. And Leif is done with finals on Saturday. Hooray!
Old 05-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #70  

Hello all!

I'm back! Even when I felt well enough to poke my head in, my server wasnt so.....

starting to feel much more like myself.... and that's good becuase the sick person is not much fun... feel like I've been in another dimension...where everything moves very slowlllllllyyyyyyyy.....with a tissue box and a bucket at close proximity....

too much info??? sorry...

ever notice how you're whole outlook changes when you don't feel well??

hmmmm...

let me come back in a few, DH's just come home ...
Old 05-12-2004, 07:52 AM   #71  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Glad you are back into the land of the conscious Kaylets. Being sick just....sucks. Especially at this time of year.

Have a busy day lined up...."training/testing" this am for work...my internet abilities....wonder when they test my reading skills....I have a grade 6 class tomorrow and should really be reading for that darn it! I like to do 5 or 6 books for them... Then a full shift at work and WI at supper....the scale appears to be weakening, we will see.

So I'm off....there is a lot of water on the grass outside, but it still growing. Is grass a weed? Also Empress A, I know you asked what quack grass is...it is grass the spreads underground by runners, or when it gets tall, falls over and the blades touching the dirt root and spread that way. A true survivor and likely wonderful in AZ if you want grass there but a pain in the patuski here.

Gotta go!

Ceara
Old 05-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #72  
Empress/Queen

Cool

Yowza! This be also a flyby (or is it flyby ... maybe flybie ... kind of like newbie but briefer, anyhow, that's me)!!!

Yea, to all, I'm still employed, unfortunately.

Did NOT enjoy the weaving class last night, although the instructor and students were nice. But they wanted us to put a deposit of $145 on the small, rigid heddle looms we were practicing on and I got mad because I hadn't come prepared to do that and with the price of the class and all the fiber we were buying, it ticked me off (most things do). They said there was a notation by my name that said I owned my own rigid heddle loom and they thought I was going to bring it ... but I'd told them three weeks ago it was too big and I wasn't going to mess with taking it off the stand and bringing it. So I guess I made everyone feel bad and was going to leave but the instructor went out and told them I should be allowed to just use the loom in the store without a deposit (the others paid and took their projects home ... it's a three-week class). But I left mine there ... which represents about two hours of work that I could build on instead of having to repeat it on my own loom.

Dunno, this did not set well with me, because they were making me feel I was disruptive (I was pi**ed, so maybe I was) but this is the only dealer in looms in this area and the only place to take classes ... there are none in any of the colleges or universities, at least that I can find, so likely I'll go back, but maybe not. There are some more items I want to buy ... a finer heddle, for one, so I'll likely just shut up. The attitude of this shop is always consistently snooty and this was just another example, but it irritated me.

Ooops, venting.

Gotta go!!!!

Ceara, maybe quack grass is another name for Bermuda grass ... that's what it's like ... it's the only grass that survives the summer here. A botanist at the arboretum once told me I would never be able to kill it ... it would survive for centuries!

Re the Mediterranean Diet, there are several versions of it and of the Mediterranean food pyramid. It's based on the traditional diet and lifestyle in the Mediterranean region (probably not anymore but in the good ol' days). Whole grains are at the pyramid base (eat daily); you eat olive oil (or I suppose any healthy fat could be substituted), legumes, nuts, some fish and poultry, some lean dairy, very little red meat (the eating plan could easily be adapted for vegetarians), etc., the traditional pyramid (Oldways) shows red wine, but the book I have says that's optional ... eg, if you don't already drink alcohol, don't start. I haven't really started doing it ... just thinking about it ... it's basically the way I like to eat anyway, but I think it'd be neat to set up a spreadsheet from the pyramid and follow it carefully. I know I weighed a lot less in the days when I used olive oil a lot ... love dipping bread into it, but one has to watch the calories also.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:57 PM   #73  
wsw

Hi Royal Court!

I have been missing you all so much. I haven't been able to catch up on all your posts but please know I am thinking about you and you all mean so much to me. I have had this very long stretch of being out of commission due to MS and I am ready to be over it any time now! Not so sure if my body will cooperate with my plans, though. I did get out the other day for a little while with a friend and that was a pleasure. A friend took me to a movie (in my wheelchair) and I realized the last movie I had seen was at Christmas time. I hadn't even realized it had been that long. My food has actually been pretty good now the past few days and I have written down what I've eaten. I need a fresh start card to get back to eating smaller portions and back on the stick. Sometimes, it feels like I will be 105 'til I get this thing right, but little by little I am getting back in to the positive routines which I know have worked in the past. I just can't begin to tell you how glad I am that you wonderful folks are here. I feel honored to be here in such company and to be able to come back here. I hope it can be a lot more often than it has had to be in the past couple of months. Take good care, all.

wsw
Old 05-12-2004, 06:15 PM   #74  
deleted2

Ceara, do you do children's story time? There's this new [?] kid's book that I love--"The Boy Who Cried Fabulous"---do you know it? It's so much fun to read aloud. Garry [my bookmobile librarian] shows me all the new kid's books!

wsw, FABULOUS to hear from you. Do you feel all settled in?

Amarantha, sorry to hear about the weirdness at the class. Don't let it stop you from doing what you love! Know what you mean about the snoot factor---ick.

Went out and worked in the yard today and feel like I got a decent workout. I've been living at my house for 11 years now and the trees on my property freaked me out today for the first time! We have a sweet little cottage nestled in the woods and those trees are big---what if one falls??!! On our house? On my tender little head? I think I really stopped to consider all this because I heard the trees groaning and creaking in the breeze and actually stopped to admire them and they're pretty awesome, huge and tall. I haven't stopped to consider or admire in a while, I guess. Okay, I going off on a tangent here---guess you had to be there. I'm tired........

Old 05-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #75  
Empress/Queen

[b]Hooray, Wsw be back in the palace!!!!! Huzzah!!! It's so good to see thee here! Sorry thou be going through a stretch o' thy troubles right now but hopefully it's about over.

I keep hearing that the earth's magnetic field is about to flip-flop ... I love that ... can't even imagine such a thing happening in this lifetime ... or mayhap it'll happen when I'm long gone ... dunno ... don't have enough information ... but like the milleneum (sp?), it has such exciting potential ... maybe wonderful, cosmic things will happen ... or maybe not ... before the century turned, I was quite excited about that, too, and nothing very cosmic happened ...

OR DID IT?

Eydie, I be over the I'm-never-going-back-to-that-class feeling and went down to the loom store and ordered the new heddle I wanted. Felt scorned by the clerks who witnessed me refusing to chunk down a deposit last night and being p***ed off but do intend to stay with the class (since I paid for it and since I can get something out of it even if no one likes me and I'm the odd person out ... which is how I always end up in life somehow, but that's another story). I'm rushing ahead and putting a new project on my own loom and hope to get something done this week, although time is getting short.

Hope the trees don't fall on thy head ... I lived in a cabin in the woods once for a couple of years (rented) ... the landlord took down one of the best old trees because he said it was dangerous, I hated to see it go, but likely he was right ... be careful.

Ok, bye!
Closed Thread