Old 05-03-2004, 03:50 PM   #16  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Well, the little in me escaped this weekend and we went to the Mall and bought lots of goodies which i promptly devoured so this morning i'm feeling remorseful and i'm being an so far!! i've committed to losing 10lbs this month and another 10lbs next month so i've got to keep being an if i want to fulfill that commitment.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:08 PM   #17  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS CARRI on winning the challenge - woo hoo! I hope I can take a leaf out of your book over the next few months, and finally begin to make a dent in my weight loss.

I've actually been doing okay recently - can you believe that I have not ordered a takeaway for about 3 weeks now? I have to admit that I have suggested a pizza on a few occaisions, but Nigel has been very firm and said absolutely not! We are taking it in turns to cook and are getting used to cooking something each night. This is really good as over the past 2 years or so we have both got out of the habit of cooking - hence the fact that I have put on around 70 pounds over the last 3 years. And despite my protests, I am definately getting used to not ordering a pizza. Nigel says we can have one when I get a job and get my first paycheck - but I might just give them up altogether - I don't want to get addicted again!

I am reading a very good book at the moment, it is called 'You are not what you weigh' by Lisa Bevere. It looks at weight and dieting as a spiritual issue . I have read it before, but I don't think my 'spiritual eyes' were open then, as it is really speaking to me this time - although I am only on chapter 3!

I really am going to take one day at a time with my diet - sometimes I go at it so 'gung ho' and then burn out too quickly - I'm trying to nurture my mind as well as my body this time. I am reading my Bible and praying alot more, so i am already feeling better.

I am also about to change my anti depressant medication - but I have to reduce the first before i introduce the second, so my head is a bit messy at the moment!

I'm hoping to commit alot more to my weight loss and hope to be around more often - if I can pull Nigel from the computer!

GOOD LUCK with the job Faye!

Love Amanda xxxx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #18  
Gym'll fix it!!

No Takeaway for 3 weeks? Well Done Amanda

I too have a job interview this week the lady just called me about an hour ago, its only part time but thats just what i want that way i get the best of both worlds some extra cash and time to do stuff at home
Old 05-03-2004, 08:29 PM   #19  
It is what it is...

Evening Ladies - I didnt post until now because I did not go to work today...
hope you all had a good day

I just got done doing my WATP dvd, 2 mile, a while ago, so I am well on my way for a 4 pointer today.

Faye - Heard from the job yet? Good luck !!!

Amanda - Great job on the no take away food, you can do this I know it!!! Plus sounds like you got a great guy in your corner

Cat - Good luck on your interview this week!!!

Knobhdy - Sounds like you got alot of great exercise this weekend, sounds fun...

Susan - I love to bike ride, I was thinking about buying one this summer...

Julie - Hi, did you post today? Maybe I am losing my mind, I dont think I saw one...

Faye - Nice Monday mission, although I always have quite a bit of time for myself, I figure though once we have kids this will change, so I better enjoy now, huh?

Well have a good evening all, talk later!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:19 AM   #20  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is cravings. We all have them. Things that we love and know are not good for us or our weight loss program. For those of you who have things that are particularly hard to stay away from, try substitutes. For example, Amanda is a pizza junky. A suggestion would be to buy a smaller pizza with no meats, no extra cheese and veggies instead or, make your own at home using lower fat products, if all else fails and you still can't kick the habit, it may be necessarry to give it up for awhile or forever. If you find you have to have chocolate, find things that are good for you that have some chocolate in them, put a few mini chocolate chips in your oatmeal, have an occastional ff chocolate pudding, etc. Don't believe everything you love has to be given up on, but keep your mind open things you truly cannot seem to control!

later girls!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #21  

Good Morning
Well I've been slipping over the last couple days...Food is my real challenge...I need a big tatoo on my hand saying "NO" so I can see it every time I reach for something unhealthy.

Amanda - good for you on cooking for yourself. I'm looking forward to being able to do that once I move into a house next year.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning ladies!

Seems as if this is awfully quite here lately.

Amanada cheers to cooking! I just wish that I had the enegry to do that. I know that you will reap the benefits of it.

Cathy hope that the interview goes well.

Has anyone had a problem with no enegry lately? I know that I am exhausted from both jobs but I finally feel rested and have no enegry. This morning after I put Corey on the bus I went back to bed and slept 4 hrs. Anyone any ideas for enegry? Time to get a move on have to start getting ready to go to work. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
sandy

Last edited by gigglez; 05-04-2004 at 11:32 AM. Reason: hit enter before i was finished
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:27 PM   #23  
It is what it is...

Wow - is awfully quiet here today...hope everyone is fine, I am well, again I didnt go to work today, but gotta go back tomorrow, which stinks

Had a 4 pointer yesterday, did my WATP dvd, am trying to do it again today to step on the weight loss.

Sandy - I dont usually have a problem with "energy" - but sometimes when I do it is because I am not getting enough rest, and with as much as you have going on I bet that is what it is - if you need a 4 hour nap and you have the time then take it...your body is telling you that it needs it

Faye - I have certain cravings that drive me crazy but what is funny is that I dream about eating them all the time ( I think I need professional help ) - anybody else dream about eating bad things? ANd then I wake up and I am like "wheww, it was just a dream, I didnt mess up my program: ... I guess that just tells me how much food is on my brain...who knows...

Well all have a good day, talk later...
Old 05-04-2004, 03:04 PM   #24  

Talking I miss you all sooo much!

I just wanted to check in quickly to let everyone know all is well so far. I am six months and have gained 5 pounds ug. I feel 9 months.

I have been on pelvic rest for the past 3 weeks due to some minor issues. Baby and I are both doing great though. He's a boy by the way.

I read back a few posts and it really sounds like you are all doing so well!! I am envious! I am not even allowed to exercise walk right now. I can't be on my feet more than 30 minutes at a time and I have to lay on my left side for 2 hours a day. So after a full day at work, a 35 minute drive home it's to the couch I go. Can you say super duper weight gain prediction for this month????

I am hoping to be able to start checking in more often, my home puter has gotten so slow since we went back to dial up.

I am so glad to see so many of the old gang here it's very inspiring! You are all doing so wonderful, be very proud of yourslves!

Miss you lots,
Lisa

PS In my brief visit I didn't see sandybrat, is she still around?? If so tell her I said LOL!
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 03:27 PM   #25  

Lisa: It is so super duper spectacular to hear from you again! I am so glad you are going to be able to come back and be with us. Give us the low down on that little boy, name, weight etc. We hear from Sandy B from time to time. We miss her a lot.

Where is everyone today and where is Julie? Did I miss something and she said she was going out of town? I wouldn't be surprised, the ole brain doesn't always keep up.

Had to take Jack to the dr today as he strained his back at work this morning. He is doing ok, but she didn't even give him the rest of the day off and Jack didn't take it so he went back to work in pain. Sometimes the discipline of military life makes him do stupid stuff in my opinion

Hope all is going well with each person!

Faye
Old 05-04-2004, 04:22 PM   #26  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone,

I did really well eating wise yesterday need to drink more water and get into exercising again next but getting my 'diet' right is my first priority.

Carri, thanks for the good wishes i have'nt dreamt about food or at least i don't remember dreaming about it

Sandy, You're not going to want to hear this but the best remedy for low energy is to exercise sometimes i feel really tired and after i've been on my treadmill i'm raring to go or you could have an iron deficiency

Lisa, 5lbs is very little weight to gain when you're 6mths gone so now you'll have to out and gain about 15-20 more
Old 05-05-2004, 03:22 AM   #27  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Any problems we can help you with?

Check back in when the sun comes up ladies!

Faye
Old 05-05-2004, 09:30 AM   #28  
It is what it is...

Morning All - Had another 4 pointer yesterday, did my WATP dvd 2 mile again, that is quite the workout, the one mile you just kind of breeze through but the 2 mile really gets ya going...

So where is Julie? I thought maybe I had missed something but now Faye has mentioned it....maybe I too am having a brain fart

My Weds woe would be that I am back at work today after a 4 day weekend and it is suckey...I guess I just need to get back into the swing of things but it would also help if you liked your job I guess...

Faye - Have you heard anything back yet on the interview? I would think you could call and check at this point, good luck!!!

Lisa - Great to hear from you and that you are doing so well!!!

Everyone have a great day....
Old 05-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #29  

Good Morning

Woe - arg...I've just run out of time and energy lately and haven't had the motivation to exercise or if I do I don't put in as much time as I should. I'm also having serious cravings after dinner. I feel full, but my brain is desperate for something sweet and fatty. I managed to hold off pretty well last night though. As soon as this play I'm working on is over in a couple weeks it will be much easier to get back on track.

Well I have a performance today. I'm in a "Styles" acting class and I have to do a Greek period monologue, a restoration scene, and I make a camio in someone elses Shakespeare scene as the "Beer Wench". That one is actually my favorite. I have no lines, I just come in to take glasses away and act all "ugh not these guys again" then I come back to serve another drink and I get a couple quick slaps on the bum and leave disgusted. Its been fun playing dress up in all the costumes I have too

Lisa! Not sure if you'll get to read this, but I'm so glad you stopped in. Hope you'll be able to come around more often and soon!

Check back later!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:15 AM   #30  

Carri: I haven't heard from the job and I am one of those people that DO NOT call the companies back so I am just going to wait to hear. I am not sure they are even done interviewing yet, let alone made a decision.

My woe is I feel a little crummy today. I didn't sleep well again, am getting ready to start my tom and just feel icky. Does anyone else have true big time cravings related to TOM? I used to think it was a cop out, but I am not so sure anymore. I wonder if it is some way related to hormonal levels and if so what can you do about it? This started happening about 6 or 7 months ago.

You should see my animals. They are both laying in the doorway waiting for me to go back downstairs. I told Jack last night it is worse than when our kids were little. They at least left mom and dad have some alone time, but the cat and dog crawl all over us, bark or meow if they are shut out of the bedroom and are generally pests! Maybe I shouldn't have babied them so much when they were a kitten and puppy. It is normal for them now to want attention from us all the time.

Well, I need to shower and get some decent clothes on. I look like a reject from the makeover show!

Faye