Old 05-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #136  

Wink Monday's over...

Hey there ladies!

I hope all is well with you. I am praying for the rain to let up so I can play tennis tonight. I am starting to learn new cooking techniques. I am sure I will have some stories soon considering I am a little klutzy if not totally crazy

Noelle that scene in the store with your son singing sounds priceless! I would of loved to of seen that. I was never that talented I just flashed people at the store...or mooned them when I was little. I'm over it now...you can dress me up...Probably one of the many reasons I have not had children yet because my mothers says I will be paid back tenfold and that frankly scares the daylights out of me. I love foreign films! Eat, Drink, Man, Woman was good - I also enjoyed like water for chocolate, y tu mambien, La Bella Vita (Life is beautiful) and the Red, White, Blue Series (I believe Blue is first)

Kempy I am so sorry to hear about PI. You poor thing. I had poison Oak once and that wasn't any fun. Just keep your chin up it will go away soon enough. Are you doing Calomine lotion? - Does the Ab wheek work? sorry the stream of thought is not always consistent

Angie how was the kidless weekend? any luck on the house?

Julie I hope you are well and warm. You and your DH should go out and relax, have fun. I think it is healthy for all involved. but I have alot of opinions. You asked what work I do - I am in Finance as a Financial Wholesaler which sometimes makes me but it beats being a broker/advisor like I used to do. Saw too much crap and the people I used to work with I wouldn't trust with my dog's bone much less money.

Quote:
Health is not simply the absence of sickness. -Hannah Green

I hope all have a great day!

be well
Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #137  

Good Morning Girls

It is a cloudy day here today but no rain! Yay. It is so wet out there I don't even think I can put any flowers in the ground yet. But I think it is going to dry out this week and then more rain on the weekend.

Kempy, you bet I am ready for AI tonight. I am also hoping for Diana. She seems really sweet. I wish I would have saved my popcorn snack for tonight instead of last night. I ask hus if he wanted a bag and he said yes but hardly ate any. So I ate the whole bag! Yikes. Oh well at least it has fiber and is a good carb.

Angie come out from where ever you are when you get some free time.

Noelle are you going to have a little AI party tonight? I want to baked brownies or something. Bad Julie ! Who do you want to win? I wonder if they will do a Paula and Simon scene again ! I want him to get rid of his young girlfriend and start it up with Paula all ready!!!! Okay I am to much into that subject as you know! lol! I just remember from last year hearing Clay sing Bridge Over Troubled Water and I was in tears. I just love him and thought for sure he was going to win. I think he is the best they have ever had in the show, well except for our William Hung! (jk) My brother just graduated from the same college that he goes to, and every
time I talk to him I ask him if he has saw him on campus? He never has though. To much of a star now I guess? I would go see him preform though. I know he has been all over the Berkeley area.

Hi Summer have a great day, everyone else too! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:31 PM   #138  

Come on girls where are ya? I just had some cheetos! They should be called cheat-o's!!!! You just can not have one of those things.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:47 PM   #139  

Don't talk about cheetos - I love cheetos I LOVE Cheetos. I love them so much I had to throw them out of the house - it was a sad sad sad day. I recommend you do the same they are sneaky little buggers.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:23 PM   #140  

I love those little things too. I have to have a bag every time we go on a car trip. Of course they are going to be the big grab size.

I have been looking at a new cell phone plane today. I hate my carrier and I am ready to leave them. What sucks is that I still have another year left ith them but once that is up I am out of there. I have had this company for over 10 years and they still treat the new contracts better then I get treated. It is like they don't care either. I complain each time that I have to go to their store for something but they just tell me that it is how things are done.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:35 PM   #141  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning/afternoon ladies. I'm just rolling into work and enjoying my latte. I'm in a weird mood right now, kinda feeling wired listening to Linkin Parks Meteora CD at full volume . Anyway, this is good music to do collection calls to, keeps the agression level up and I don't take no cr@p from nobody

Ahhh, Cheetos! Have you seen the ones which turn your tongue green? I think those are so gross, of course my son loves them. I am a Cheeto purist--I only like the original puffed ones. Don't give me the crunchy ones, the twisty ones or especially not the green-tongue ones. Sorry Julie, not much help here am I? Of course I am watching AI tonight. Go Diana!!! Brownies huh? That sounds like a good idea...just whip them up with applesauce instead of oil to make them lowfat, I think.

Summer, I've seen the first 3 movies you mentioned, great weren't they? I need to go look for the Red, White, Blue series, thanks for the mention. Have you seen American Adobo or the Debut? Those are Filipino movies where they speak some english, I thought those were pretty good. Are you taking cooking classes? Any specific cuisine?

Kempy, oh boy the big 3-0 . It's nothing to be afraid of! Been there, done that

Angie, what's shakin' these days? Have you watched the Colonial House series on PBS? It was filmed somewhere on the coast of Maine. I'm not enjoying this series as much as Manor House though.

Cal, are you having another hot day? I looked at the weather report and your highs are higher than HI (that sounds funny doesn't it?) but your lows are lower than HI...we've been getting low to mid 70's at night, I still leave the fan on. How many more days on your school countdown? My son "graduates" preschool this Friday, then we're taking him to the state fair and carnival over the weekend to celebrate. I wanted to ask you or anyone else here if you guys knew of any good (clean) budget hotels/motels within walking distance to Disneyland. My sis still hasn't booked the reservation and I've been looking online at the reviews for some nearby places and I can't make up my mind. Any suggestions?

Hello to Holly and anyone else I may have missed. Have a great Tuesday
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #142  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy, I don't know what mobile phone carrier it is but have you seen those new commercials where they have the teacher with her 6-7 y.o. students and she's asking them to tell her how many minutes they will be playing with the playground ball for the next year--if they guess too little, they can't play once they reach the limit, if they guess too many, well then, that would just be a waste. Sound familiar? They have another one where all the kids are painting with those 12 color watercolor sets, where after a while all the colors get mixed up and turn black? Then the new kid comes to school and she gets the deluxe giant paint set with 50 colors because she's "special". Sounds like your cell company huh? Those are hilarious...anyway, I'm rambling. Check ya later.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #143  

Noelle I love the one with the kids painting. It is the reason I strated to look at Sprint. I didn't think I would bother with the switch but on their web site it says that every 18 months they send you a voucher worth $150 towards a new phone. That right there is enough to make me look into them. My copany could care less what I get. I wanted to get a new phone last month and they told me that I would have to pay for it. The smae one that everyone else was getting for free I had to pay $150. I told them where they could shove that phone too.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:03 PM   #144  

Hey Girls,

Only 11 more school days. I am soooo ready for this year to be over with. Of course, I am teaching summer school for 2 weeks, but that is actually pretty easy. I told my kids today that I will be teaching summer school and they all groaned. I love that.

Noelle: I have stayed at several different motels around the big D, but you may want to reconsider walking. Better to be sure there's a shuttle of some kind. There was one we stayed at last year that was nice. It was a BW, but I have to look up the name. I'll give it to you as soon as I find the paperwork. One of my favorite places to stay is the Castle Inn. It might cost a little more, but it's really nice. We stayed there for New Year's once (5 nights were less than $300; cheap by Disney standards). My sister can get really good deals on tickets once in awhile because she's a CA resident. She said she'll keep her eyes open for you. The last time we went she got park hopper tickets 5 days for the price of 3 (average $100 per person). Of course, the best deal we got was last year when my brother's sister-in-law got a military discount. We got 3 day park hopper tickets for only $20 apiece.
Weather has been a bit warm, but the past 2 days have been overcast. Even though it's been over 90, it hasn't felt that hot. Also, remember "It's a dry heat"!!!! The nights and early mornings are wonderful, around 60.

Hello to everyone else.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:30 PM   #145  

Hey guys! Where is everybody. I thought I was going to come here late and have tons of posts to read. What's up out there?

I was good yesterday!! I made a chicken stor-fry last night w/ no soy sauce but with a seasam ginger sauce and brown rice. I felt so good after I ate it. I even did 30 min. on the eliptical. I just want to keep up this good vibe that I have. I wonder if I should staple my cute shorts to the wall so that I have to look at them all the time. I wonder if that would work.

Not to much going on over here. The boss man has his GF in right now so thankfully they are not here to bother me.

I hope everything is going ok with you guys that aren't posting. We miss you here.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:42 PM   #146  
so close, yet so far...

Yikes, what a morning! You girls are lucky, your workday is ended already. We had some employee problems this morning and I'm trying to finalize someone's paycheck...I hate when you trust someone and they let you down like that . Anyway, that's them breaks huh? So what did you guys think of AI last night? It was so anticlimactic for me (and it's not even done yet). Fantasia did a good job as usual, save for that first song she did. Diana was ok, but her voice wasn't as sure as she has been...dunno, could go either way since everyone knows that Fanty already has people waiting to sign her. I hope Diana wins it. I didn't vote and didn't even try either so I can't be upset either way. Did anyone see the E True Hollywood story about AI? Does anyone care?

Kempy, I don't know where everyone is today...sometimes when we aren't doing too good dietwise we avoid this place--but me? I just enjoy the chit chat no matter if I'm doing good or not. BTW, I'm not doing well at all...I've backslid almost all the way. Oh well, I've done it before and I'm sure I'll be doing it again and get my head on straight and my butt in gear. Good job on your efforts girl--keep posting on them, I need the positive inspiration.

Angie where are ya girl? Did you guys take the RV out of storage and hit the road for the long weekend?

Cal, thanks for the tips. According to my research, the hotel we're looking at is about 10 minutes away and right next to McD's and Millies. I realize that the parking lot of Disney is rather large, but come on, even adding another 10 minutes to that walk isn't gonna kill me (or is it? ). My dad's retired military and my mom's coming with us so we're buying all of our park tickets for Disney/Universal/the SD zook etc. through the military bloch arena here, that saves a LOT of $

Julie, where are ya girl? AI starts in about a half hour for you doesn't it? Let me know the outcome!!! I can never stand the wait. Have you ever checked out that website "television without pity?" They have mega forums about the show, it's hilarious and horrifying to read some of the comments there.

I gotta run for now, but hello to everyone else. Have a good night.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:52 AM   #147  

Wink i'm here...i was just lurking

Morning Ladies

I'm here I was just lurking.

AI was won by Fantasia..my DH let me know (he calls her Fantastic Burrito because he thought that is what he heard the first time she was introduced). I was reading a book

Angie Where are you? What is happening with the house?

Cal congrats on the countdown to summer vacation. I loved Summer vacation. I miss summer vacation.

Julie how are you? did you enjoy AI?

Eating decently and have been exercising like I am supposed to. I am hitting that 270 minute goal but I do not step on the scale until tomorrow!

Kempy what did you end up doing yesterday for dinner? How was the day without the boss-man?

Noelle of course you can do it! do not beat yourself up just see today as a new day...sorry if I sound too chipper..but its true. as for the question you asked about cooking lessons - I have a choice at this place of trying Asian or what they call Pan European (hosted by various chefs depending on the cuisine) so we will see. I might eat everthing I attempt to make. My old motto used to be "A fed Summer is a happy Summer" now I am trying to modify it to "Just a couple bites thanks!"

Quote:
Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair.
Dorothy Parker

be well.
Summer
Old 05-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #148  

Good Morning Girls

Noelle first of all so sorry I couldn't let you in on who won last night. We had an meeting for a new preschool last night for my son. Not sure if we liked it. And by the time got home hus was a total GRUMP, I mean bad....he was really talking down to me. And after that I had to pick up the house. And the kids had to get ready for bed, baths, and they just wouldn't fall asleep until after 10. So I did not even get to see any of it. I was a little upset by that to say the least! Oh well. Was there a Simon and Paula kiss this year, anyone know? Please inform me if ya do . btw I will have to check out that website.

Summer your quote of the day had me laughing....I need that today. That was funny.

Angie did ya pick up and move? Where ya been? Miss ya!

Kempy I guess we probally will not hear from you until next week, well have a good one.

Hi Cal and everyone else. Hope your Thursday turns out wonderful for you .
I have to get some breakfast in me it is all ready almost 10:30. Check in later girls. Julie
Old 05-27-2004, 04:57 PM   #149  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sorry!! Sorry!! Sorry!! I am so sorry that I havent posted all week. I have been getting on and trying to post and then something else comes up not to mention that we have been baking like crazy this week for the holiday weekend. This weekend,Fourth of July and Labor Day weekend are huge for us so we have to cook nonstop on these weekends. I wont get even one day off this week. Hopefully I will have lots of bill money though.

Well, We went to the auction for the house yesterday and we got into a bidding war with some contractors and we stopped at our limit but then a guy from town got into it with the contractors until he got the house. HAHA Them contractor *******s deserved it. I ended up losing the house by $5500.00 So no nice little paid for house for me. Shoot!! I am kinda depressed about it though because it would have been a great help(especially with 3 kids that I would like to send off to school) On the plus side though on the way home I got to stop and pay my heating and propane bill from the winter up in full with the money saved for the deposit on the house.

Noelle, I bet that I am back to 200 pounds. I can feel the weight but I dont dare to get on the scales because then I would have proof that I blew it again and I probably wouldnt stop crying. I mean the reality of it is that I can lose 10 pounds a month but I also can gain 10 pounds a month which is exactly what I did all winter. Now I am ashamed embarrassed and down right depressed about it so I just keep eating. I know we are supposed to love ourselves but it is awful hard to do when I am so ashamed of myself.

Well, the sun finally came out today. That is the first time it has stopped raining in over a week.

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you all that Christy had to give the baby back to the birthmom. I feel so bad for them. I can not imagine having to go through that. It is so sad.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:21 PM   #150  

Hey, Hey, Hey!!! I bet you didn't think you would see me today. Well, Joe is out of town tonight so I got to the puter to play for a bit.

Summer I ended up cooking some dirty rice and I had a bolw of cole slaw. I know that sounds gross but I was running low on food.

Angie so glad to see you back! I bet you are happy about being busy. Just think that the reason you didn't get the house is b/c there is a better one out there for you. Do you know why they had to give the baby back?

Julie I wish I lived closer to you so when your hubby is acting like a butt I can come over there and give you a great big hug. Not to mention giving him a swift kick in the behind for treating such a great person like that.

Noelle I bet once you get everything under control you will hop right back onto that wagon. I hav e faith in you. I have a goal to loss 3 lbs by my birthday. That shouldn't b e to hard right? If you want to join me for it you can. Maybe you just need a small step to look forward to.

Well guys I am glad that I could get on tonight but I need to run pay some bills. Joe's check was deposited today.