Home of the Loozing Floozie's......(#86)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
View Poll Results: (Same Question As Before) How Many Days Last Week Did You Stay OP?
0~ I Blew The Whole Week
18.18%
0%
9.09%
9.09%
0%
18.18%
9.09%
Wow...All 7 Days!!!!!
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

• Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
  • Don't Forget To Go Back To #85 And Read The Last Few Posts!!

Shelley......Glad to see you got back on!!!!
  • Tina-You had me all excited! I thought maybe you would be traveling through Cape Coral, where my parents live!

Jennelle-They outlawed paddling here a few years ago. I personally don't believe in it, but that's just my own opinion. It was always horrible hearing it in the next room when the principal paddled kids. Now, sometimes a parent will come in and do it themselves. The parent is left alone with the child to handle it.

Sherry-You are right about the snacks and meals. We are a Title I school, with a 78% minority rate, and most of the kids in the school are on free or reduced lunches. They have to come to school to get a decent meal and some stability in their lives.

Gayle-I feel for your friend. It must be very hard to know that you might die if you don't lose weight.
  • Hi Girls

I skipped my {nursing} training today and went to the Y. Mom went to see her surgeon this morning and got a good report. He took the stitches out and told her to start walking and bending that knee. The infection doctor had a bad report though, he said the staff was still present. Even with all the medication she is on, it registered the same has when she was released from the hospital. Guess it will just take time. She told me it felt good to get out of the house today.

Shelley...Glad you are back.

Sherry....Let's plan something for this weekend. We could sit by the pool and pretend it's warm enough to swim in...LOL.

Ramona...My heart goes out to you watching your Mom's health go down so fast. I'm sure you are doing everything you can to make her comfortable. Hope you hear from Dan soon, I can't imagine how hard it is for you. Hugs!!

Gayle...I agree with you about AI. I'm beginning to wonder if the whole thing is planned ahead of time, no matter who votes for who. That is so sad about your friend. Do you think he would want to join our group?

Tina....When again is the strawberry festival? I have been before but it has been years.

Cheryl....You are doing great with your plan. I need to pump up the volume here too, losing too slow for me.

Carol.....Ok...Where are you? How is things going? Get off that mower and post...LOL.

Jennelle....I have mixed feeling about paddling in school. I never wanted my kids to be paddled but see a lot that need it everyday. But really by the time they are in middle school, it is almost to late for it. There needs to be some way to get control of the kids, my school is unreal.

Dee...How are you feeling? Thinking about you and missing you!!

Ok...I hope I didn't leave anyone out!!!

I've got tons of things to do before my show comes on. Going to watch it, even if it makes me mad....LOL.

Hugs...deb

~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~
    62 days down....34 TO GO
  • Debbie: Here I am, I am over here... can't you see me. I am sorry to hear that your Mom's infection is still there. It took my Dad a long time to get rid of his too so hang in there. I am sure your mom will continue to feel better as soon as she can get out and about more and more. You are doing great losing too. You are staying OP and that weight will come off. Just stay with it. I am proud of you!!!

Ramona: I am so sorry to hear about your mom's health. It has to be very hard on you. Here are big hugs coming your way. {{{{HUGS}}}}. I hope you hear from Dan soon too. How much stress can one person take!! Here is an angel to help.

Shelley: Your doing a great job staying OP and exercising. Keep it up. I may get inspired yet.

Sherry: Would you please share some of that willpower with me!! Fantastic job your doing!

Talking about AI. We have an elimination going on at work. We all picked our favorite to win and if you get kicked off, you have to bring food into work. I am still in the running, but needless to say all the extra "sugary confections" at work are really hard on the weight loss efforts!!

Gayle: That poor man. I know how bad I felt last year when I was at my all time high, but I imagine that is nothing compared to what he must be going though. My heart goes out to him. I pray he will get the help he needs and finds a support group like this one. He is very welcome here.

Cheryl: How do you do the fast thing! I would be starving.. Just don't think I can do only the liquid plan even if it would be good for me. Just have to have something to chew I guess. I am sure it is a very good way to get your body cleansed and refreshed though!! You go for it!! Also a great idea upping your food intake instead of lowering it.

Tina: Glad you made it back in. You were missed. I will have to go see AI and we can compare the gory details later.

Jennelle: If more parents disciplined their children at home there would not be a need for it at school!!! And there is my 2-cents worth

Dee: Hang in there. We are thinking of you. Wish I could send the whoosh fairy over to take away your pain!!

Vicki: How is your Mom? How was Cara's prom? I bet she looked beautiful!

I AM NOT STAYING OP!!!!!!!! ARGGGG!!!!!!!! I cannot get my butt in gear. Anyone want to come kick me in the you know where!!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone.
  • Carol.... Glad you are still here. Please dig down deep inside yourself and found that place where you were this time last year. It's still there...I know it is!!

Vicki.. Sorry I missed you in my last post! Hope you are doing OK. Please keep us posted on your Mom.

About American Idol.....I finally agree with Simon....they were all terrible tonight. Except for Dianna!!! She was great! That red headed kid has got to go this week, can't take much more of him...LOL.

DEB
  • Hello

I've got a lot to do so this will have to be a quick post.

Gayle,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That's so sad.Debbie had a great idea though. Would you ask him if he would like to post with us? Hopefully the surgery will give him life.I'll include him in my prayers.

Ramona & Vicki,
    I'm still saying a prayer for your Moms. I hate that they have to go through so much. It's just not fair! HUGS for both of you!!

Debbie,
    I hope your Mom continues to improve too and hope that infection clears up real soon! Bless her heart. You'll make a great nurse for her! Let's do plan something for Saturday night...Sounds fun! BTW: I'm so proud of you for being OP for 62 days!!! WOW!!!!! Don't worry so much about the weight...Look at all those inches you've lost!!!

Carol,
    How is your Mom? About AI: I agree with Debbie...Dianna was the best tonight.I liked Jasmine too. Tomorrow is YOUR day to start getting back OP. You can do it Carol!!!!

Shelley,
    We're a Title 1 school too. It's so hard seeing these poor kids wearing the same dirty clothes all the time.Most of them get their food, hugs & love at school.

Tina,
    I'll keep the kids ANYTIME!! I'm only about 30-45 min. from you!! Come to Nashville, drop the kids off and have fun!! I mean it!!!

Dee,
    Hope you're doing better. I sure do miss you!!! Love you!!

Jennelle...Doni....Cheryl......Hello & hugs to you!!!

Gotta get busy!

Hugs!
  • My ironing has to wait a minute. I've got to tell you something so cute & funny

A 4th grade teacher was walking down the hall today to go to the office and he passed a 1st grader walking down the hall. She was dressed in white shoes, white stockings and a pretty little dress. He said to her..."Wow..You sure look pretty today all dressed up.Where are you going?" She looked up at him,smiled and said...."The bathroom!!"
  • Carol - Amen to that! I say it all the time: If more parents would actually RAISE their children instead of dropping them off at the schoolhouse door and expecting ME to raise them, our education system wouldn't be in half the mess it's in today.

Shelley - Most schools around here will not allow the parent to paddle the child themselves on school grounds. It sounds like a total oxymoron, but it's to prevent child abuse. At my old school during my first year of teaching, they let the uncle of one of my students paddle her at school and he damn near beat her to death. The asst. principal had to step in and restrain him.

Debbie - I also have mixed feelings about paddling. I have a "no paddle" note on file for both my kids (although they don't paddle much in high school!) and have had since we moved here. I kind of look at it this way: I'm their mom. If they need to be disciplined to that degree, that's my job. Of course, though, our house is a lot different than the homes most of my students live in. Most of my students are not punished in any other way than to have their rear end whacked with a switch. In my house, the consequences have always fit the crime. A good example: My daughter slammed her door in a fit, so she lost her door for a few days. My husband took it right off the hinges and told her she could have it back when she knew how to treat it. That was three or four years ago, and it's the last time she ever slammed a door in anger. The point stuck far beyond a swat on the ***. My students are always amazed when I tell them that the last time my daughter got an honest-to-goodness spanking was when she was in fourth grade (she's finishing up 9th now) and that I can literally not remember the last time I had to spank my son. (Although, now that he's 6' 1 1/2", I don't think I'd try! ) Sad, but true. Although I don't anticipate Mississippi will outlaw paddling any time soon, I wish they would. Maybe it would force the parents to take a little more responsibility. (Or maybe not.)

Sherry - hee hee hee....first graders are just TOO cute!
  • Jennelle, I so agree with you! Parenting should be in the home, not the school. We do not spank in our local schools and you can tell it by walking through the hallways. Kids have "no fear" of anything and know that no matter what they do the worse that could happen would be some time after school. I sway both ways on spanking personally. I feel it should be up to the parent, not the teacher. But then again, it could lead to abuse cases. I just know when I went to school there was always that fear in the back of my mind that made me behave. But of course, I was an angel anyways!

Deb, I hope your mom gets along ok with her leg. Is she taking antibiotics? Is she not as depressed? Thank you so much for offering a spot for Kevin here. I never dreamed when I wrote about him, you guys would want him posting here. I will probably wait to see how his surgery goes, then I will send him a note telling him about our group. He is a really nice man! He and his wife had kids of their own, then decided to adopt children of any race or with special needs such as being born addicted to drugs. At last count I think they are up to 13!!!!

Carol, you will get OP again & stay OP!!! I have the faith sister!

Sher, it is so sweet for you guys to offer Kevin a spot here. I laughed over your bathroom story! Kids come up with some good ones! I can't believe Allison starts school in August!

Vickster, how did Kara's prom turn out??? PICS PLEASE!!!!

Shelley, I'm glad you made it back here! Do you still have Mr. Peeps?

I had a class tonight so I missed AI! Steve filled me in and said the same thing you guys did. Dianna did great and the red headed kid has got to go!

Steve and I are talking about saving our money and going on a cruise October of '05. This will give us 18 months to plan and save the green stuff. Would any of you guys be interested in meeting and taking the cruise with us? So far, I think we are leaning toward Carnival cruise lines. We would probably board close to you, Shelley. The ticket cost includes the cabin, food and entertainment. If any of you have taken a cruise, please fill me in! We are clueless, but I really want to go. Expense wise, it is now no more expensive then any other vacation. How cool would it be to take a 3FC FLOOZIE CRUISE!
  • Gayle-I've been on a couple of cruises. The time I went (years ago before marriage) with some girlfriends we had an absolute blast! It was just a 3 day, but lots of fun. Loads of eating, dancing, etc. I wish I could say I can come, but the way money goes on around here, it is doubtful. Also, I will be working year round. I would love to come to the dock in Miami and see you off, though! Maybe that could be arranged.

Carol-I know where you are coming from. I had to just come to decision to get back OP by myself. It came to me when I tried on a pair of pants that had gotten a bit tighter. You will know when it is time for you. All we can do is try to help you get there. Of course, with me I am surrounded my people that think of nothing else, mainly my principal. She will let anyone know when they are putting on a few, although she didn't say anything to me because she knows how I see myself as so huge. She actually has to tell me that I am thin enough when I start really losing. Right now I am getting a bit ansy. I think I am ready to start TOM soon and I always get famished at that time. I've got to stay OP, though! As long as I can keep away from candy I am okay. You may want to start by not eating the food that sets you off for the day. That's what I am trying to do!

Well, it has happened. Becky got her license yesterday, and know she has asked if she can drop me off at school for the next 2 days. I am very upset at Mike for not having her car ready as he promised. Right now I am being an absolute b@$#h to him!!

• Thank you all for your words of encouragement and your faith in me. Now how can anyone not get on board with such votes of confidence!! SOOOOO today is a new day and a new beginning!! With friends like you how can I fail!

Shelley: I am with you on the tight pants. Mine are almost beyond tight. I should go buy some new ones, but I refuse to buy a bigger size. So today I start losing again because no one wants to see me naked!!! (Except maybe hubby, but we won't go there!!!)

Gayle: A cruise... Wonderful. I was planning an Alaskan one for later this year, but had to cancel it as hubby is remodeling the dairy facilities instead!! Maybe we can try again next year. I am sure you will absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Sherry: Out of the mouths of babes... I love it!!

AI: I agree. We need to get rid of the red headed guy!!

No time to post to everyone right now, but know that I am thinking of you all and sending my very best wishes and love your way.

I will be back tonight.
  • Ooooooo---Carol---Y'all are dairy farmers? Man, such hard work! We're running low on dairy farmers down here in Lower Arkansas. We only have one on the books right now, and as far as I know, he's the ONLY one. He has to go to Oklahoma City for his Dairy Farmers Association meetings and I think he sells his milk out of Shreveport. It's been tough for him lately. Sheesh--I can't imagine those 2-3:00 a.m. milkings everyday!

Gayle--I'll be coming up through Kansas this summer. I think. I have to decide whether I want to travel from Little Rock to Omaha by bus or by plane. I'm really leaning toward the bus, because I love to look out the window and see scenery while I'm listening to a good book. Plus, I've never been to Kansas OR Nebraska, and I think the experience would be a great one--and possibly a once-in-a-lifetime one. Ya know? How many people get to take that kind of road trip at the expense of the taxpayers (Everytime my fiance gripes about how much money he's paying in, I just tell him to consider it part of my "vacation fund" )

Sherry and Debbie--Sitting by the pool? You go girls. I'm so jealous!! Maybe I should drive over to Nashville and join y'all. My "tan" can always use work.

Jenelle--I don't know how I feel about paddling. Lord knows I sure got my fair share of them!! I think they're not always that bad, in fact they 'beat' the heck out of in-school suspensions--at least in my district. The kids would misbehave on purpose if they knew they'd be getting ISS. Ich.

American Idol......I thought Diana did a good job last night. I also thought Jasmine did fairly well. Latoya was the best. John definately has to GO!!!! I'm tired of feeling sorry for him. I don't really care for Fantasia. The more I see her, the less I like her. George is just there, IMO.

Hey to Shelley, Tina, Titan Dee (wherever you are!) Doni, Dee and Vicki!

Ramona--Hope things are going well with you. Hope Dan is safe and your mother is having a good day.

Cheryl
  • This is Larry writing for Dee, she asked me to post for her.

I copied out all the posts and gave them to her when I saw her and this is what she had to say

Ramona:
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and hope that everything improves with your mother. I hope you hear from Dan soon.

Shelley:
    Wow, I love your straight hair, you’re a very beautiful woman.

Jennelle:
    Let us know if you’ve got the librarian job, good luck.
    I can’t believe that they still have the paddle in your school, that’s been banned for years here in Canada.

Sherry I agree with you too, that snacks shouldn’t be used for good or bad behavior because it would only encourages food behavior problems.

Sheryl:
    Your doing great going to the gym and the weight will come off.

Sherry & Debbie:
    I’m your sideline cheerleader, your doing great!

Gayle:

I’m glad that Steve is back home, I hope that he’ll be home for a while. I have never heard of a body that is of maximum density. That is so sad. Hopefully his wife will be able to support him and loose weight too.

Carol:
    Thanks for the Woosh Fairy wish.

Hi Doni, Vicky & Tina

Hope you all have a good day.

I love you all.
  • Hi Larry! Thank you so very much for posting the messages from Dee! We LOVE her dearly and want to see her back feeling good again. You are a very caring and thoughtful husband to take the time to print off the messages to Dee and then respond for her. Please let Dee know we miss her so much here on the board! She is a very big part of all of our lives! BTW: Are you two interested in the cruise next year?? Hint, hint...