Old 04-02-2004, 08:18 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thumbs up Weighty Issues #14

WEIGHTY ISSUES #14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the April edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:26 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Ask and you shall recieve. A new thread that is. I dont know where my brain was yesterday, I totally forgot that it was time for a new thread.

Cal, Taste of Home is a cookbook magazine where people from the U.S send in their favorite family recipes to be published. There are tons of good recipes. They also do a Light and Tasy version with lower fat recipes.

Noelle, I would have wanted to deck that man. I cant imagine taking the time to wait for someone to walk by so I could go out and harass them. What a jerk! You keep walking and dont let him bother you(get some pepper spray and the next time he gets too close douse him )
Old 04-02-2004, 10:59 AM   #3  

TGIF Girls

Oh my gosh I am so glad it is Friday.

Cal I know Arizona is a place everyone goes in the winter. I bet you are glad when they are gone!

Noelle I can not believe that guy. You were minding your own business walking a dog on a public street. I would watch for those pit bulls. I would hate to have them get loose and attack you or the dog. Maybe you should contact the police, you know the good looking ones I saw on COPS. Hahaha It almost sounds like he was trying to threaten you. Be safe girl.

Hi Angie. What are ya baking today? I know I shouldn't even ask. I have been terrible at eating this week. I don't think I am even going to do my weigh in tomorrow because of bloatation.

Check in later.....Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default More drama on Hawaii Five-O

Good morning ladies. It's a gray cloudy day here and it's a bit muggy but it's supposed to clear up by Sunday...it's all good though. Well, I've been OP for the past 3 days with eating right and going for my evening walks. Yesterday as my sis and I were walking past that house with that idiotic man, the little dog was back up on the roof with a very visibly swollen front leg--he was holding it up quite high and it was really fat. The man was either washing his car or watering his plants (he had a water hose anyway) and when we walked by the neighborhood dogs started going off. The man started yelling at us and shot the hose toward us into the street, he was yelling things like you "you better cut that sht out" and other nonsense that I didn't really hear. I turned around to look at the mailbox for the house address so I could report the dog to the Humane Society but there was no number. I just wanted to have them check out if the guy had his dog treated--and even if he did have it treated at the vet, why the heck is it still on the very same roof it fell off of??? So they go and visit him and of course he never took it to the vet. They made him license the dog and cited him with a warning and Notice to comply. He has to take the dog to the vet for treatment and show proof to the HS that the dog was looked after or get slapped with a $2000 fine for cruelty and possibly 1 year in jail. Here's the kicker--I asked the HS officer if he saw any pitbulls on the property, he said "there are no other dogs on the property and the man told me he just told you that he had some pitbulls". Now I take it he was threatening me if I continued to walk on the street--that's another story... I did call HPD and had a nice chat with an officer who said he would go talk to the guy to see what his problem was...huh! So that's my drama for yesterday. What will today's episode bring? hehe

Hi Cal! Only 97 degrees? Glad you got the rain I sent . Hope everything turns out fine for Ashley, mood swings huh? Gosh, kids nowadays sure grow up fast! Enjoy your time off.

Angie, thanks for the new thread--we can shake off all that old junk-food bingeing and slacking off on exercise and begin fresh again. I am going to continue walking but I may have to make a detour away from that idiot's house for my safety. I hate to do that because it'd make it seem like he won the issue, but better safe than sorry. Rick was kind of upset that I just didn't "leave it alone". You'd think that after being with me for 15 years he'd know that I'm just not that type of person .

Julie, AMEN for Friday! What's shaking this weekend? Taking the kiddies out for any movies?

Hello to Kempy, Holly, Jacks, Cherie...where are ya gals? Have a great day and weekend all. Be back later if anything interesting happens.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #5  

I just posted a big long message and it went poof! But it is worth saying again.

Noelle I am glad you contacted someone. That poor doggy probally had a broken leg. We are having a heat wave here upper 40's this weekend so I think we want to be outside. We might take the kids to an Easter egg hunt. What are your plans.

I was just watching TV and saw this young man about in his early twenties, and he was in a wheelchair and could hardly move his hands. But he had a glow about him and such a positive spirit. I thought of him a few minutes ago when I got on the scale and saw I gained back several pounds. He said something that really got to me, he said-Its not what you can't do, its what you can do. And then I felt bad for feeling sorry for myself about gaining a couple of pounds back. Everyday we take for granted that we can get ourselves out of bed, brush our teeth, feed ourselves, or just get up and move! I am going to think of people like him next time I am feeling down, it just really got to me, I actually had tears in my eyes. Sorry for getting so mushy about this but I thought it was something you guys would like to hear.

Hi to everyone, Angie, Kempy, Holly, Cal, Cherie, Jacks and everyone else.
Julie
Old 04-02-2004, 04:07 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Yes that was worth sharing, thanks Julie. Oooh boy do I know about gaining (more than) a few pounds back . The main thing is that we're here for each other and eventually we all get back on track--NEVER GIVE UP (just like Angie's motto). Ok, back to work and drinking my water.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:19 PM   #7  

Hi Girls

Just checking in after dinner. We had homemade coleslaw, baked haddock, baked potatoes and peas. I ate the potatoes even though they are loaded with carbs. Oh well. I am going to try and not snack tonight, as we all know weekends are hard for doing that. I am noticing one of my kids has a sweet tooth and the other one hates candy bars. Doesn't get it from me ! Well hope to see everyone check in this weekend (Kempy )!!!! We miss you from Wednesday until Monday .....Well I will check in later. Pms week here I come and your not going to get ME!!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:21 PM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, that was a very touching story. I know that I need to sit down again and write why I want to get the weight off again. That usually helps.

Noelle, I am sorry you have such asses to deal with on your walks. I hope they can do something for his puppy.

I was just watching the news and they had a breaking story from my hometown(about 25 miles from here) and they said there was a suspicous infant death and that when the cops got there they believe they were burning the body.The homeowner was arrested. That is all they knew at the time so now I will have to stay up until 11:00 to find out what is going on. SICK!

I hope everybody gets a chance to keep checking in this weekend because I love to chat with you guys(even if I am eating like an

Last edited by angieME; 04-02-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Mornin Chickas!!! I am going to get ready to go shopping for the day(nothing exciting just groceries and household stuff) I just wanted to check in so that maybe we can keep the thread alive this weekend.

Kempy, Where are ya? We miss you on the long weekends. Have fun at school today.

Noelle, Did you stay safe on your walk today? You have done great this week with staying OP. I am going to try my hardest this week. I guess I just need to realise that I didnt gain it back overnight(even though it feels like it. ) so It will take some time to lose it. I need to start over fresh.

Julie, How are you doing? Anything exciting planned for this weekend?
Old 04-04-2004, 11:10 AM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cmon girls!!!! I am bored being the only one here on the weekends!! Where is everybody? I hope you are all having fun.

Last edited by angieME; 04-04-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #11  

Good Mornining Girls

Angie I tried posting all day yesterday but somethig was wrong with this darn computer. Hopefully it works this time. Yesterday the kids went on an Easter egg hunt at a local grocery store and even got to frost some sugar Easter cookies. They had a blast and brought homes tons of free chocolate eggs. The nestle kind filled with carmel, peanut butter, butterfinger, and rollos. Lets just say I ate about almost 20 of them last night. Yikes!!!! I really went overboard. Try them if you dare ! The high here is only 40. Blah!!!! I am so ready for the sixties and seventies. Right now the house smells glorious, hus made bacon and omlettes for breakfast. Yes I ate too much again. Angie you are not alone I tried posting all day yesterday. I am always thinking about my buddies here!

Noelle hope you are staying safe and away from that weirdo! What are you doing this weekend? Is Michael getting excited about the Easter Bunny coming ? We are going to buy them a few toys and I told my hus as little as chocolate as possible. One of my kids hates chocolate and candy???? But the other loves it. I know where she got that from .

Everyone one come like Angie said CHECK IN!!!! Its almost swimsuit season and we all need each other to motivate and be there. Well I am going to do some cleaning. I got the spring cleaning in me today. I am so busy but I wanted to get here and say Hello.

Bye for now...check in later.....Julie
Old 04-04-2004, 04:31 PM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, we are supposed to be getting snow tomorrow. YUCK! Me and the kids just went for a 3 mile walk. Thank god Brit wanted to go because I actually wasnt going to do one today. I am glad I did even though I have eaten enough calories this weekend for 5 people.

I bought a crock pot and a potroast and cooked it today. It seems to be cooking nicely. Next weekend I want to do a pork tenderloin(can you cook one in there or will it make bacteria?)

Julie the eggs sound so good. I had a toffee cheesecake blizzard at Dairy Queen yesterday and oh my god wasnt that good! I may make Jay get some ice cream and Heath bars and make one tonight. Slap me!!

I guess we cant bring the RV back to our house just yet...Jay went to park the delivery car where the RV usually goes and sunk right up to the frame. He had to have his dad come pull him out. Gotta love mudseason.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:34 PM   #13  

Hi Angie, I am glad you and Brit had a nice walk together. Is she starting to listen more. Sometimes kids who act out like her just need more attention. And it sounds like your a great mom taking walks with her. Angie I use my crockpot for all kinds of meats. I just scrub it out good with hot soapy water. I'll even make a batch of chili in the morning and then dump it into the crockpot and let it simmer all day. It taste really good that way. My mom and stepdad came over today to see how my house is decorated for Easter and to play with the kids. I took a drive to my favorite craft store and bummer it was now closed on Sundays. Oh well, less money I didn't spend. And it felt good to be in the car by myself without screaming kids and I blasted up the radio ! I am such a dork! Dork totally eighty's word !
Well girl I am glad you and I got to talk this weekend, it would have been more but I couldn't get my stupid computer to work yesterday and hus said I am to busy to fix it right now. Okay Bill Gates ! He has been getting on my nerves lately. Its gotta be the TOM week coming. No wait I think it is just him !!!!

Well nice talking with you Angie this weekend. It feels I have no friends. But I know you are...I would love it if we lived closer and could go out to eat and drinks, lots of drinks toghether. Angie lets pat ourselves for keeping this thread busy even though I had a total crazy busy weekend . Julie
Old 04-05-2004, 07:25 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies!! I am back. I am guilty of once again falling off the band wagon. I don't think the low-carb/no carb diet is for me. I can stay OP with it for 6 days, and lose about 5 pounds, but, when I go back to eating "normal", I gain it all back . I am back to 144 as of this morning. UGH. I was talking with my hubby about it and he said, well, before having 3 kids (at age 18), you weighed 133 pounds, and now you are 144 (at 27), what's the big deal? I said, well, I just feel frumpy, and the weight sits differently. He suggested that my body is not meant to weigh 130 pounds anymore. I disagree, because cookies, candy, and brownies every day is not the way to find my personal ideal weight. I bought him these snack wells devils food cookies, and he says, what a rip off, you get like 10 cookies for $2.00, lol, and a serving size is 1 cookie, who eats 1 cookie, hehe. I said, someone who is dieting, and he said, well, you know, 3/4 of the word diet is die. I said, yep, but 100% of the word fat is fat.

So, I am once again starting over, vowing that my only source of sweets will be pudding (made with 1% milk), applesauce, and jello. I am avoiding the sugar free stuff because my system does not like the aspartame.

Sorry for being MIA so long!

Angie,

How's it going? What did you find out about the baby story? People are so sick!! We got the snow last night, ick!! About 5 inches. We had a birthday party for our oldest son (7) at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday. It was alot of fun, but, man, what a crazy place. We lost our 2 1/2 year old daughter for about 10 minutes, it was sooo scary! WE had 14 kids in our party, and I thought my husband had her, and he thought I had her with me. We ended up finding her sitting at another little kids birthday table, eating a goodie bag the host had given her. She said she went and danced with Chuck E, lol. She also said, I was playing with all my friends, they were nice to me. Meanwhile, my husband and I were about to have heart attacks!!

Noelle,

Hi! How's the weather? Any snow?, lol, just kidding. I am about tired of the white stuff myself!! WOW, be careful when you go for your walks!!

Julie,

Hey! It is sooo hard to diet when we have little children! They get so much candy for any and every occasion. Don't feel bad, I had so much junk at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday, then made fettucini alfredo with shrimp yesterday.

Hello to everyone!! Here's to a great OP week!

Holly
chikitababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:24 AM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning! Julie, yeah I think Brit is doing a little better(at least I notice she is making an effort) except when we were into Target on Saturday and we were looking at Duffel bags for her and none of them were big enough. We were looking at 30 inch duffel bags!!! I said "how big do you need it? Oh I know this way when she runs away she can live in it like a tent. " That pissed her off.

Julie, I really wished I lived closer to you guys too. I dont have any friends at home either (except for Jay) It would be so nice to have another girl to hang out with and have some fun.

Did you guys fix your computer?

Holly, Hey girl! We missed ya. Dont feel bad I havent actually dieted for the last 5 months and I have gained back about 30 pounds. So you are doing pretty good.

Okay here is the latest (rumors) on the baby story. A man,woman and there 2 teenage daughters live in the house. Supposedly one of the girls got pregnant and had an abortion and then got pregnant right after and couldnt get another abortion so her and her mom kept the pregnancy a secret from her dad. She went down to southern maine to have the baby and they were coming home and she needed to lay the baby down in the car ...so she layed it in a cooler and it suffocated!!!! Supposedly this happened 2 years ago and the baby has been at their house all of this time. Friday I guess the dad was showing some canoes to someone and they opened up the cooler where the baby was. Well, I guess the dad must have gotten rid of the person looking for a canoe and went in the house to find out what was going on. The guy who wanted the canoe went home and called the cops while the dad had a bonfire going in the backyard and he threw the cooler into the fire. He got charged with abusing a corpse and is out of jail right now. But this is all hearsay from the local bars so I will let you all know the real story when it comes out.

I will check back later to chat some more.