Old 04-27-2004, 03:26 PM   #31  

Hi

There are so many girls on this site I am sorry I can not adressed you all personally. But I will try. Everyones talk about dinner and food is getting me starved and I have some ideas what I might make for dinner. Maybe hamburgers on the grill with all the fixings or bratwust. Who knows it might be spaghetti night ! Everything sounds good now. Today so far I have been really good eating wise. I had a larger breakfast and I think that helped. I didn't eat lunch until 1:30.

Spryng, gosh I don't know how you do it going to the stores with three kids. Superwoman! When I go to the store its almost always alone. My husband does alot of the grocery shopping. My kids love to go though and fill up the cart! I know from watching Food TV saffron is a very expensive spice. Hopefully it turns out great for you. I wish my kids were not so picky and would eat something like that. I feel like I have one who only eats what he wants and the other is developing a major sweet tooth. But the sweet tooth eater will try new foods and eat a pretty well balanced diet. Just have to worry about the other one. Isn't that what motherhood is about worry !

Geri I love fresh foods from the garden. My in-laws usually do one and we get to go over there and take whatever we want but this year they are just doing tomatoes again. Mostly due to the fact they are getting to old and fil just had a major hip surgery. We really do not have a yard to do a garden, oh well I will have to hit the Farmer's Market this summer and stock up and freeze some veggies.

Penny I hope you son Andrew is okay. Give him lots of love and TLC. It is hard when the little ones are sick. I know that for sure.

Michelle doesn't it feel like everytime you want to post, the kids are screaming or need something? I know how that goes.

Well I should go clean something. I will try to keep getting to know your names! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Well I got my work out in today too, I did the 2 mile walk again this morning and maybe I'll do the 1 mile before bed.

Spryng - I only buy the low carb tortillas I haven't had any of the wraps from restaurants, I've heard they aren't as low carb as they say they are supposed to be.

Crystal - Glad to hear you are sticking to your flylady routines, I am too and its great to have such a clean house.

Penny - Noooo I never got a nap in, my sister wanted us to go to wal-mart with her so I was out for most of the morning and I am BEAT lol. I hope Andrews blood work comes back ok, I'll be thinking of you guys!

Geri - I'm so envious of you being able to get a whole 4 mile walk in my 2 girls would barely let me do the 2 miles lol. Keep up the great work, and have a blast at girls night out.

Julie - You are absolutely right, everytime I think the girls are calm and I can do my work out or read a few pages of my book they just start in on me lol.

Well I did eat out at McD's today but I had one of their new salads it was the fiesta salad, I just picked the chips out of it and didnt use all the salsa and 2g carb for the sour cream I figure about 10g for the meal which is fine cuz I still have 10 carbs left for dinner!! The past couple days I gave myself a 5g buffer on the carbs so I could go up to 25g which helps when I want to "splurge" if you can even call it that lol. Anyway I need to go decide whats for dinner, I'll probably post after Idol tonight.

Take Care
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
My dinner came out so great! Moroccan Drumsticks with Saffron rice. Yum. I also made some corn on the cob to go with it and the kids loved that. I will definitely make that recipe again. And it only called for a pinch of saffron so all is not wasted. Should last me quite a while.
Michelle, I buy the low carb tortillas too because they are higher in fiber and less fat than the regular low fat ones, plus I like their taste. I'll be using them tomorrow when I make a breakfast burrito. Have you finished your two week induction phase yet? I think the 5 carb buffer sounds good. You are doing great!
Julie, shopping with my 3 kids can be rough at times but they are pretty good. They know that if they aren't good then we won't go look at toys or buy them any candy, so that keeps them focused. But I have no choice since DH is gone so much.
Cindi, if I had salsa and chips for lunch I would be ravenous by dinner! But it does sound good. I try to get some protein in during lunch to tide me over though. And I am having the same problem with you with the exercise. I just have no room for it right now. I clean in the morning, do my zone work, and at night I re-pick up the house, do dishes, sweep, etc and I'm so ready for bed. Plus I have to chat with Dh after the kids go to bed so that keeps me up even longer. I just need to make some room for it but don't have a clue where to start. Let me know what you come up with, ok?
Crystal, your garden sounds like it will be great. I'm thinking about doing tomatoes only. In buckets. I love fresh homegrown tomatoes as a snack. And they get expensive around here sometimes. My flylady routines are starting to really feel like second nature too. At first I dragged myself into the kids rooms at night to pick them up before bed but I knew that if I missed even one night then it would be 10 times worse the next day so I made myself (with their help) do it. And now it's a habit. I get the kids ready for bed, brush their teeth, have them use the bathroom, get a drink and then we pick up their floors, read a book and then lights out. So it works great now. Enjoy your 80 degree weather! It's suppose to be 84 here tomorrow so I bought a new sprinkler for the kids to play in tomorrow. Maybe when DH comes home next month we can get them a new pool for the summer. They are already begging to swim. Today it's 75 degrees and feels so good.
Well, guess i will get off here and get ready for American Idol. Are they going to be singing Gloria Estefan (sp?) songs or is she just judging? I'm not a big fan of hers.
Well, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 08:12 PM   #34  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies! GONNA START A NEW THREAD! SEE YA THERE!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...072#post571072

Last edited by mompen; 04-27-2004 at 08:18 PM.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote