View Poll Results: When Buying An Item, Which Method Of Payment Do You Use Most?
Debit Card 6 50.00%
Credit Card 1 8.33%
Check 3 25.00%
Cash 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:25 AM   #31  
Losing it!

Sher, can Shelley come to the site and create a new profile? If I remember correctly, Vickster had the same problem and that was the only way she could join us. SUPER GREAT JOB ON THE INCHES LOST! You go girl!

Deb, I'm glad mom is better. You are such a dear daughter. Hopefully, once she's feeling better about things, the depression will ease off.

Jennelle, you can still spank in your school system? That is a no-no here and the kids know it.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:27 AM   #32  

I'M BACK!!!!! It was horrible being without you girls!! Sherry, thanks for trying! BTW, did you have to make the picture so big? It's scarey!!

I'm so excited being back, that I have to go post my weigh in and running. I only lost 1 lb this week.

Sherry-Wonderful on the inches lost!! You go girl!!

Cheryl-I'm afraid you are not eating enough. When you exercise, you should really bump up your intake at least to cover the calories you are burning. Please be careful with fasting!!

Ramona-I am so sorry about your mother. I know it must be so hard. I remember when my SIL tried to feed my FIL. He was the same way, and couldn't get anything down. Have you tried chicken soup?

No time to post to everyone, but thanks for the compliments, you fibbers!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #33  

Sorry Sherry!!! I didn't mean to exclude you! I had a different message typed out that day and when I tried to post my reply the site wouldn't respond. When I retyped it later, I just wrote what I could remember of the 1st message--left out your blurb. Congratulations on your 8 inches!!

I'm not fasting continuously, but one day a week. And I am consuming fruit juices, a Myoplex-lite shake (w/milk) and lots of water. Plus it's not really a true fast, because I eat a cup of raisin bran for breakfast and a lite snack before I work out (like a yogurt cup, etc.). I really just don't clog my system with a lot of food for a day, and it does make me feel all sorts of better!! I talked to the personal trainer at the gym last night about dropping my calories for a while and he told me that he though 1,600 calories/day for three days would be just as helpful (if not more helpful) as 1,200-1,400 calories/day for a week in kicking my weight loss into gear. He also suggested I take maybe a two or three day break from cardio, since I've been working non-stop since I started. Hmmmm.....some things to think about!

Thanks for the web-site, Gayle!

Cheryl
Old 04-27-2004, 11:33 AM   #34  

Hi Everyone!!!!!

Yeah we are finally back!!!!!!I was just now able to get back in so maybe Shelley will be able to soon.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and hanging in no matter what.

Shelley I would love to meet you at your parents sometime. Don't forget to email me and tell me where they will be I may be passing them and not even know it.

All you Nashville ladies do you know of any good babysitters? My mom is still depressed and it is driving my dad nuts so I don't really want to leave the kids with them. My husbands parents passed away a few years ago. Boy we sure could use a night out. If you have any ideas of someone very dependable PM me.

AI comes on tonight. What shocker do you think it will be this week? Hard to tell I have missed who is being sent home the last 2 weeks so I don't think I will even guess.

Hope you ladies are having a great day and I am so glad to be back posting. I missed you all.

Tina
Old 04-27-2004, 11:50 AM   #35  

Hi ladies, just a quick post to let you know I'm still here...

No word yet from Daniel. I called his girlfriend and she hasn't heard anything either. I'm sure they have them working very long hours right now.

Mom started throwing up yesterday morning. We gave her some Ensure at lunch and that lasted about 1 minute. I fixed her some mashed potatoes last night. She ate 3 bites and immediately lost that too. The Hospice nurse brought some Phenegrin that is rubbed into the skin instead of pill form. That finally settled her down, but she hasn't eaten now in about 36 hours.

I'm leaving now to go and check on her. I'll try to check back in later.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #36  

Oh, by the way...Shelley, I love the straight hair!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 12:49 PM   #37  
Losing it!

Ramona, prayers continue to be sent for Dan and your mom. I LOVE YOU!

Tina, you could package the kids up and send them to me! Do you have any brothers or sisters living near you to watch the boys?

I won't be able to watch AI tonight because of a class. Steve is back home, so hopefully he can update me. If they kick Latoya off, I may just quit watching!! LOL!

Cheryl, sounds like you really have a plan put together. I personally could not do a long fast, but I think 1-2 days is perfectly ok as long as you don't have any medical problems.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 PM   #38  

HI

Oops I goofed my last post. I posted before I read the last page. Shelley is back. By the way I loved the pic you are a pretty lady

And I meant Sherry email about your parents OOps Guess I am letting how crazy I am feeling come out. LOL

Ramona my prayers are with you.

Be back later.

Tina
Old 04-27-2004, 05:28 PM   #39  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Gayle...Wow...."maximum density"...I've never heard that term, but it sure sounds scary. Makes sense, too. There's only so much a body can handle structurally.

And, yeah, paddling is still legal in Mississippi. Truthfully, I think it's used WAY too often. Some teachers paddle kids for not doing their homework or not turning in their classwork. Duh. You don't need to paddle for that stuff. There's already a consequence: a zero in the grade book! I don't like to paddle at all, but we have a lot of kids who ONLY get that sort of punishment at home and will not respond to anything else (like taking away recess or snack or stuff like that). Plus, we have so many parents who insist on it. I don't know what they'd do in a place like California, where paddling has been illegal since the 1970s.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:43 PM   #40  

Jennelle,
I just had to comment on the paddling in schools. It was banned in TN and I honestly think that is what is wrong with our kids! They KNOW they can't be paddled and act so badly! Back in our days, If we got a paddling in school, we got a bigger one when we got home!!! In some homes theres no discipline at all and that's so sad. These kids are our future, Scary huh?

Also, I think that food (snacks, treats etc.) shouldn't be withheld for bad behavior.I see so many teachers that use food as a reward and for punishment. Most of our kids come from homes where their only food/meals come from school. It breaks my heart to see a child going without a snack because that may be the last thing he eats until he comes back to school.

Just had to add my 2 cents worth!
Old 04-27-2004, 05:46 PM   #41  

STOP!!!!

Please Go To #86..........A New Thread Has Been Started!!
Closed Thread