Old 04-23-2004, 09:01 PM   #31  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Two posts in a day!!

Spryng and Leigh,

I feel like a single mom most of the time and my dh is here!!!

Hope is doing better, she is eating dinner now. Let's hope she keeps it tonight! She is 3 and my only girl!

Crystal, You will be amazed as time goes on how often that Flylady mindset comes in handy!

Crud, I gotta pick up boys from a concert, I'll be back soon!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Well, I haven't posted the last couple of days. I've been having probably the worst PMS I've ever had. It is weird actually because I don't usually get PMS except the day before. This whole week I've been moody, craving chocolate, and having cramps (I never have cramps). Anyway, it is very bizarre, especially since I wasn't expecting TOM untill the end of month. Maybe my system is just messed up. Who knows!!!

Anyway, I'm so behind on posts that I won't try to comment on everyone's though I have read through several. I'll just close my eyes and send out warm fuzzies to all of you!!!!

My WI is tomorrow and at this point I'm just hoping that I haven't gained this week. I'm pretty sure I've not lost because I've had a few episodes (they involved chocolate, let me say no more).

I'll talk to you all later.
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #33  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good night

Well girls. It is only 845 and I'm hoping to get in the bed within the next hour, HOPING, that is. I have been SOOOOO busy today. After my day of errands and cleaning my mom's house, coming home to catch up on my routines, making dinner, spending hours outdoors going through our storage to get things ready for our yard sale and giving all the kids a bath and completing my laundry, I don't feel like I can make it to the shower, although I will.
Well, sounds like the day has been well for most.

Jessi, so sorry to hear about TOM. Let me tell you I might just be the queen of screwed up TOMS. They've been okay here lately, but I've gone months and I mean up to like 7 months w/o having any, then after I had my second child, I went like 6 months w/o one and then had one and got pregnant. Sometimes mine are tough, other times they are a breeze. I hope you get to feeling better, though. Tough it out.

Cindi, so glad to hear about your loss. I know what you mean about that flylady thing. Today was really my test from my flylady routines, because all week I've been home so it's easy to get the things done. But being gone all day, I was still able to get everything done. I didn't accomplish any major task here, except going through our storage.

Well, I did have sloppy joes and instead of baked chips I had 2 sloppy joes and that pushed me over to 1650 calories. Still not bad bad bad, but not as good as I'd like either. I didn't exercise, but I haven't sat down hardly any today. I'm still motivated. I know I'll have a loss next week, that's the way to look at it, right?

Well, even though I'm over on calories, I'm gonna have an orange, take a shower and go to bed.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:30 PM   #34  
2BoysMom

Hi everyone,

Well, my Mother's husband passed away this evening. So I have to call my siblings and let them know. Mom's coming back tomorrow after arranging the funeral and then she'll go take care of that next week. I really don't like her having to do all this driving (2 hours each way) but she didn't take funeral clothes because she didn't want to pay for a hotel for 3 or 4 nights 'til the funeral.

Congrats to all the losers and the OP group. I got the tilling done in the garden and that was an additional workout for me! It wasn't to bad...just had to hang on tight. We didn't get anything planted 'cause Mom had to go but we did buy seeds and stuff so we'll start next week when all is done. She was there when it happened...he waited for her (I still don't like him but I feel bad for her). OK.

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:33 AM   #35  
Walking away the weight

Default Saturday Musings

Geri - I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother's husband! Was it sudden? My thoughts and prayers go out to your mother. My mother's 9-year companion died very suddenly in March. It was quite a shock and it has been extremely difficult for my mother to deal with. She's thinking of moving here to be close to us and Liam.

Michelle, I'm glad you're staying OP, that's wonderful. How did you like the movie? DH and I watched our recorded episode of CSI Miami from Monday evening. Tonight we might watch a DVD movie.

Cindi when you said you feel like a single mother even with DH there! I'm glad Hope is on her way to recovery.

Jessi - about PMS - I'm having a very strange month too. I think Tom is late, though it feels like he's coming today. I don't know what's going on, but I take those mini-pills, so they say sometimes you might skip a cycle on them. Well, good luck with your WI regardless.

Crystal, wow, you're busy! Hope you get to rest a bit. Though, maybe all the activity will encourage a greater weight loss

I just realized something, which ya'll may already do . . . if I open a new browser window, I can have your posts in one window, and respond in the other window as I read, so I don't have to write notes. I think it should work - do any of you do this?

Fun news to report: on day two of sweet potatoes, Liam decided he likes them! Yesterday he didn't look very impressed, but today he was trying to put the spoon in his mouth and ate a whole tablespoon full. It was very cute. Then, Duncan, our doggie, was extremely happy to help clean up the remains. We have a balck and tan mini Dachshund
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Leigh, yes sometimes I do open a new browser window to respond to posts, especially if a new thread is started. But mostly I just go to advance reply and scroll down and everyone's post is there too. That is so great Liam is enjoying sweet potatoes. My two oldest always loved them but Tanner won't touch them or anything they might be in. He won't even eat baby food anymore, I guess it's too bland for him. So when I make meals I put everything in my food processor for him so he can have what we are eating. But things like green beans, and corn and stuff like that he can eat whole. He is 10 months old today!!! Boy it doesn't feel like it has been that long since I had him. Time sure flies. And now that Liam is eating solids be prepared for interesting diaper changes! lol.
Geri, so sorry to hear about your mother's loss. I hope she can get through it. How long were they married? I know you will be there for your mom.
Crystal, I know what you mean about being gone all day and having to come home and pick up on our routines. It is hard. I was only gone yesterday morning and when I got home I still had some of my morning routine to complete and then my zone. But I got it in there and then some. Last night I really didn't want to pick up the living room or the kids rooms before bedtime but I knew if I didn't they would be even messier tonight. So we did them. Really makes a big difference.
Jessi, I hope your WI goes well today! Don't worry about the chocolate. The week before TOM I get all kinds of cravings and feel terrible and moody but it does pass. I always gain before TOM anyway no matter how good I am OP. But I don't give in to my cravings normally. So just think that next week will be better for you. Hang in there!
Cindi, I love the name Hope! How pretty. Did you name her that because you were hoping for a girl? What concert did your boys go to?
Michelle, you haven't stalled. Don't worry. 4-6 weeks of not losing anything means you've stalled. Your body is just taking a week to adjust to your rapid weight loss. Are you measuring yourself because you're probably still losing inches even though the scale didn't move. Let us know how you like the WATP video!
Julie, how tall are you? I really like where I am right now too which is making me re-think the 120 lb goal I have. Maybe 125 would be better? I guess I'll know when I get there. I am still in size 10 jeans and I really want to be an 8 so maybe 125 will put me there. The problem is my hips have spread since having Tanner. My thighs and such fit losely in a size 10, they are kinda baggy on my butt and thighs, but my waist is a solid 10. How can I change that?? Exercise, I know. I really need to find something I love again. I'm just not motivated at all to exercise and now that I do flylady my days are so full of cleaning and organizing that I can't fit it in yet. Help!
OK, well I guess I will get off here and start my morning stuff. I really want to get laundry done today so send me "get off your butt and fold laundry!!" vibes, LOL. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #37  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Leigh,

On my screen, when I scroll past the space I am replying in now, the other posts are down below it. So that is how I reply without taking notes, check and see if it works for you!

The A/C man is coming today!! It will be great to see him!

I had KFC last night, it was too hot to cook. Not a great choice(not my choice at all!)but since I didn't eat alot(Chicken breast and a biscuit) I hope it wasn't a big deal. I can't believe that it was NORMAL for me to eat 2 whole plates full of food not so long ago. It wasn't even that good!

Geri, Sorry for what the family is going through now with the passing of your mother's husband.

I sure would love something new to wear, but have real issues with buying anything at this point in the game. How do most of you shop when you are still a "work in progress"?

Have a great day, ladies! Drink up and go do something positive and profuctive with your day! Be back later!
Old 04-24-2004, 10:23 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

ughhhhh what a start to the morning, both of my kids are screaming and I can't do anything to get them to settle down lol, oh well hopefully I'll find some way to calm them soon it actually consists of my baby screaming/crying and my 2 yo yelling at her to be quiet. Well I better go it seems they won't let me get a quick post in lol

WTG to everyone who has lost!!! Keep up the great work!!

Take Care
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:31 AM   #39  
2BoysMom

I just lost my post Tony's grabbing at the keyboard. He says hi!!

Thanks for the sympathies...I'm sure my Mom feels some kind of loss...if this sounds strange then you didn't read my earlier post! This has been dragging on for 4-5 years so it's good that it's finally almost over. I'm sure it's a big relief for my Mother. Now she will be able to get on with her life.

Got my 3 mi walk in with the heavier wrist weights today. Boy they're only .5 lbs heavier on each arm but what a difference it made!

Spryng, that's why I'm reluctant to do flylady. I would rather get my exercise in daily than clean daily. Our house usually stays pretty neat. Dh is good at picking up.
I usually find time later in the day to straighten things up...even if it's after the kids go to bed...well after Tony goes down. Will usually watches Barney videos at night so I have plenty of time then.

Tony's back and I don't want to lose another post. Hello to all and have a great Saturday.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:57 AM   #40  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default In my house

The daily clean IS DEFINITELY exercise!!!! With 7 kids, that's to be expected though. I know it's still just not the same as intentional exercise! I don't get those endorphins going with the house work quite as well, either. But I sure do work up a sweat easy with no A/C, I wish that counted as exercise, I'd have won the prize by now!

Old 04-24-2004, 12:07 PM   #41  

Geri so sorry about the loss. I hope your mother is doing okay. Thoughts and prayers. Great job on the walk. Hus and kids are gone right now so I should be doing something than sitting on the computer....Like cleaning or excercising.

Spyng I am around 5 feet 4 inches. About the excercising part I don't do anything fancy. Although I do have a treadmill. But I find that boring . I usually just do some sort of cardio with the kids, crunches and toning stuff. I think the biggest part to my weight loss was cutting out sodas. I used to have 2-3 regulars a day. Now if I have any it is diet. Although I do enjoy a beer or a glass of wine about once a year ! Let me tell you girl I know about things spreading and shifting when you have kids. Your whole shape is gone. Escpically after breastfeeding.

Well girls I should get off the computer and get some excersing in or some major cleaning done today. Yeah ! Have a great weekend everyone. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #42  
SAHM of 3

Smile It's about time...

Well, girls. I can't believe this is my first post of the day. I usually get in one about 6 in the am. We have had storms here all night and up until about an hour ago and that has had my computer out. It was SOOOO hard to not be able to check in. I hope that doesn't mean I can't do this weight thing on my own.

Geri, very sorry about the loss. I understand about how it can be a relief. My g-ma died over a year ago after suffering from a stroke 5 years before that. She was never the same, could barely walk, couldn't talk. It was awful and my g-pa took care of her and he's in his 70's. It was sad but we were glad she wasn't suffering any longer.

Spryng, sounds like we do about the same thing when it comes to our routines. There has been a night or two this week, especially yesterday, that I wanted to say, oh tomorrow is Saturday, I can just do it then, but I knew that would break this routine I'm trying to make a mold. So I did it all. I'm not doing anything other than my basic routines today. Not going to any extra lengths for anything.

Well, I slept really well last night. It was storming and my girls ALWAYS sleep good during those. I think I'm gonna put on a pot of Northern beans to have for dinner and make that lime sauced chicken. Might make it to the store today. Since it's so wet and had been raining half the day we are being so lazy today.

Well, got a fight on my hands, gotta go referee (sp?)!!!
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 01:26 PM   #43  
Walking away the weight

Default Ugh!

TOM has arrived Well, the good part is, maybe once he leaves I'll lose even more

Spryng - well happy 10-month-old Bday to Tanner! Liam turned 6 months on the 21st I can't believe he's six-months, so I know I'll be shocked when he's ten-months. Also, about what you're saying for goal weight . . . Dr. Phil really helped me with that aspect of things. He says that our goal weights should be "realistic" for our age, height, life stage (like having had children). He says we shouldn't think our ideal weight is what we weighed in high school. Then he gives a chart with a range of weights, which is how I came up with 140lbs. I'm 5' 6 1/2" At my thinest I was 120, but was very unhealthy and didn't really eat much of anything; pre-pregnancy I was 150, which was more than I had ever weighed in my life. I was, literally, going on a diet the very day I discovered I was pregnant . . . so there was no diet for me Anyway, if you want me to look on his little chart and find your ideal weight range, let me know - I'll just need your height.

Cindi - it sounds like you were reasonable with the KFC. I think that's the important part - when we do splurge, to be reasonable and not go overboard.

Michelle - hope the kids improve in attitude Sounds like one of those days when I want to go to my own private Island in the Caribbean.

Geri - hope you have a good day with the family.

Cindi - I agree that cleaning is exercise!

Julie - I know what you mean about cutting out colas - that's supposed to cut tons of calories a year! So keep up the good work.

As for me . . . I'm totally on top of all the flylady stuff today. Good thing too because we have company coming on Monday. Not sure what I'm doing for dinner yet.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Ahhhh relief the kids have finally calmed down and the house is now clean so I'm set to get a bit of relaxation in. I just finished stripping all the beds and putting the linens in the was so I'll have to go check them in a bit. Has anyone else noticed that since starting flylady your're just "flying" through cleaning supplies? LOL I had to go restock yesterday on everything!!! I guess that at the least means that my house is staying clean. Hubby gets to have the day off tomorrow which means its my day off too he usually gets up with the kids when he has the day off since he doesnt really sleep in, he's like crystal up at the azzcrack of dawn
LMAO!!!!
I just caught Taylor picking her nose for the first time lol she was embarassed how funny, sorry just had to share that lol.

Spryng - your right about the weight thing I stepped on the scale again today and I'm the same as I was last WI day and tomorrow I have WI again I hope it shows a loss *keeping fingers crossed*

Geri - So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Leigh - Yes I loved that movie it was hilarious also watched Duplex with Drew Berrymore (sp) and Ben Stiller, and for tonight we have Dickie Roberts I'm sure it will be hilarious. So sorry TOM had to rear his ugly head.

Julie - Congrats on your big loss and finding exercise that works for you

Jessi - Good luck with the WI tomorrow I'm sure it will be fine Glad to see you back.

Well I think I'm gonna try and find something else to clean in my house although there really isnt much left, I even took my flylady duties out to the yard today and did a little raking and sweeping the walks. Talk to you a bit later guys have a wonderful afternoon.

Take Care

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #45  
burned out bus driver

Ah.........peace and quiet. Dd is out with her bf, Dd (8) playing with a buddy and the 2 little boys....Dh (who is feeling better) and Ds out playing baseball.
Doesn't get any better than this.

But I am way behind on the posts..have to keep this short.

Jesse- sorry that PMS has struck so hard. Have you ever taken vitamins for that? Ifind vitamin E helpful.....400IU's once a day. Keeps some of the symptoms down. Big hugs and feel better!

Crystal- WW allows a few points over (flex points)- so I don't see how a few extra calories one day will hurt. You are doing fine!

Geri- I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's husband. How is she holding up with his loss? It sounds like an awkward situation.....but still losing someone is never easy. I'll keep you in prayer. Hugs.

Leigh- I usually, if I have the time, as I do now- have the site open in 2 windows to do just that.....post and read the old posts at the same time. I used to drive myself insane with taking notes too!! Congrats on the sweet potatoes! They are so healthy......

Spryng- 125 sounds good to me for you. I was once 125.....actually was there or around there for about 3-4 years and even then found it a wee bit tough to maintain. Wish I had some miracle thing about your waist....but as Dr Laura once said about her smile lines and C section scars....(which can also go for a slightly expanded waist) is to just remember the totally awesome miracle that your body has done- nurtured 3 other human lives.....and a little stretch mark or loss of muscle tone- well it is a testimony to those miracles. You are doing great- and look wonderful.

Michele- hope your day improved over the two screamies! Murphy's law of motherhood....the minute you get in the shower, dying for peace and quiet WW III will erupt with your kids. Hope your day gets better!

Julie- hope you got your cleaning done......when you finish, my house needs some work!

Now who mentioned about the WATP 4mile super tape? How long does that one take??? I'd love to try out another tape of hers- and if she can get 4 miles done in a shorter amount of time. I am really finding that using her tapes- plus regular walking- plus the WW tape is best.....well rounded. (duh, that is only what the experts tell you to do!)
Ok, Dh is in one of his demando moods....gotta get out of here. Sorry if I missed you.
Enjoy your weekend!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote