Old 04-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #16  
Walking away the weight

Default Spryng -

Glad you're maintaining well. I was curious about that - thank you for explaining it. I'm planning to have a maintainence program/mind set in place already so when I reach my goal weight I don't falter.

I see about the toilet cleaning - I wasn't sure if she meant something special.

Walking in the park later today with a friend. She lives in our building and has a DS who was born a week after Liam.

I'm off to watch Starting Over now - do any of ya'll watch that?
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Gotta be short.......got Dh home today sick. Have a great day!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #18  
2BoysMom

Good morning all

Crystal, great attitude about your gain! That will surely help you to get back OP.

Penny, what's going on in your life???? We really want to hear more from you

Spryng, congrats on maintaining the 130 ! Sounds like Tanner's much better and you have a lot of running around to do. Have fun!

Leigh, congrats on the loss Both of my kids slept better on their tummies. I just used the back thingy when they were newborns. At Liam's age he should be fine.

Ricci...I have my days too when I'm not motivated! I felt like I wasn't sweating enough lately (and eating too much crap) so I got the heavier arm weights and the WATP Express 4 mi Power Walk. I did the 4 mi walk this morning (yeah, thanks boys!) and really put my heart into it. BOY did I sweat! That one's a little more intense than my 3 mi but I did it and now I have all kinds of energy!! Other than jogging, what kind of workouts have you been doing?

Today's plan is to finish the laundry - only a couple more loads and then rent a tiller to do the garden plot so I can order some dirt and we can get planting. The weekend weather stinks (40's and rain) so I hope to get some done today...then nice weather again by about Tuesday so hopefully we can start planting some next week. Depends on what happens. My mother's husband (refuse to call the jerk my stepfather) is on his deathbed for the 1000th time in the last 5 years...this may be the real one though so she may have to go out of town. He's in a veteran's home a couple hundred miles away. His liver/kidneys are shot from years of drinking and he's been doing dialysis but it's barely working anymore. He skipped it a couple days ago and if he doesn't go today then maybe he's finally giving in. He has no quality of life...just lays around miserably. His family is really screwed up and I just have absolutely no good feelings for him...not a very Christian attitude I know...but he was a real *** to my Mom (she used to drink too til it almost killed her..long story) ANYWAY...my point was she may not be here next week. Sorry I got rambling!

Tony needs a bottle so I'd better get going.
Have a great day everyone and I'll TTYL. BTW the vegitarian Chili from meals.com is very good if you like beans! I would make it again. I'll try to post the recipe later.
Hello to everyone else!
Bye
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:32 AM   #19  

Weigh in is the same as last week. Eating out really makes a difference. 4/7 workouts this week. Are we still doing the exercise challenge? The trainer at the gym said that I was using a machine wrong and I would pull a muscle. I have been doing it the same way for months, not pulled muscles. Anyway, I pulled something yesterday, imagine that. Walked around the neighorhood for about 35 minutes today instead of the gym. Dh has had a pain in his butt for the last couple of days. He went to a chiro. to check it out and he said it is a cyst. Today he is going to a dermo. Has anyone every had anything like that? I don't know if they will drain it in the office or not. TMI! Anyway he might be home this afternoon. Two babies to take care of. I should not complain he has taken care of JW 3 nights this week. He is such a good daddy!

Geri - I love watching the people that lose on Discovery Health and they have there old jeans. I saw a couple that lost the weight and both of them coulod fit in the wife's jean.

Crystal - Good for you for ironing. I do not know the last time that I did that. My dh takes all of his things to the dry cleaners. I have offered to do them to say money, but I don' t think he trust me with his good shirts. Attitude and mental state is half the battle. Even though my weight loss has been slow, I feel much better mentally and physically. You know my background is psych so I had to get into all that.

Michelle - Is that you in the picture? I will have to check it out on the website. I am with everyone else on the rolling over. JW sleeps so much better on his stomach. I think the first 3 months is the highest risk for SIDS, but check with your ped if you want a professional opinion.

Penny - Are you out there? Last week was such a good week, you better not be down in the dumps. You can do it! I hope you are well.

Spryng - I have to ask. How far in the sticks do you live? LOL Seems like it is a day trip everytime you go somewhere.

Leigh - What is Starting Over? I never can find anything good to watch during the day. Congrats on the weight loss.

Nothing much going on today! Last load of laundry is in the dryer. The house is clean. The study is still a mess, but dh will have to tackle his mess. Does flylady give suggestions on cleaning in there. Everyone seems to be busy bees cleaning. I have to admit I have someone that cleans every other week. Dh has a dog that lives in the house and I told him when we got married that we had to have help with that dog in the house. Anyway, we vaccuum every day.

Any weekend plans! We will be working in the yard! No big plans!

Happy Friday!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:38 AM   #20  
2BoysMom

Chunky Vegetarian Chili

Rice rounds out the robust combination of vegetables and spice in this wholesome offering. Fill your bowl to help meet Food Pyramid daily goals.

Estimated Times:
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins

Servings: 8

Ingredients

1 medium green bell pepper chopped and seeded
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 (14 1/2-oz) cans Mexican-style tomatoes undrained
1 (15-oz) can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 (15-oz) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 (11-oz) can whole-kernel corn drained and rinsed
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked rice
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

Directions

Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in oil in 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn, water, rice, chili powder and cumin; stir well. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes , stirring occasionally. to serve, top with sour cream; if desired.

Amount per serving

Calories 250, 3 g total fat, Carbohydrates 47 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g

It's a little thick so you may want to add more liquid but it is very tasty!

Last edited by Chubba; 04-23-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:22 PM   #21  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi again

Hello again. I wish your DH well, Ginny!

Melinda - Starting Over is a daytime reality show. it's a group of wome who each have different goals but want to start their lives over in some way. You can find out more at www.startingovertv.com
It's good that you've maintained your weight even while eating out. As for weekend plans . . . we have friends who are moving into a new condo tomorrow, so we're stopping by to bring lunch and help a bit. Noy sure yet what else we'll do yet, but there's always so much eating involved!! However, I shall remain strong
Old 04-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Just got home and just in time too because it's starting to storm again. Ugh. I want my beautiful spring weather back!!
Geri that chili looks very good! Thanks for posting it. Hey, vent anytime about your family. You know I don't hold back about my crazy in-laws, lol. In fact my FIL is going in for another heart surgery today at 3 pm. I hope all goes well. he is very nervous so they had to get him a valume (sp?) to calm him down.
Melinda, I don't think there is an official exercise challenge going right now, but we could start another one! Now I don't know much about cysts but my DH gets boils every now and then on different parts of his body that are painful and such but go away on their own. Hope your DH gets some relief! And I don't actually live in the sticks, lol. I live in town (on a paved road, lol) but it's a small town and we have several banks here, a regular walmart, two grocery stores, etc. But to do major shopping I like to go to a supercenter and that is in the next town over and now my bank is in another town. But bank of america allows me to do all my banking online so I actually don't need to go to the bank very often, just today and maybe next friday until his checks are direct deposited into our new account. So that will save me a few trips. Yes, flylady has the study in one of her zones... not sure which one, it may be the one with the bathroom and an extra room so you won't have to worry about that room until next month now. This monday we start on the living room and family room (I only have a living room so it will be a breeze to do) No weekend plans here. Probably go grocery shopping for the week tomorrow and then that is it. Tan tonight.
Ginny, hope your dh gets better soon. Sometimes they can be harder to take care of than the kids, lol.
Well I got everything on my morning routine list done today except 15 min in my zone which I guess I will either do now or after nap time. But it will get done today. What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I think I will grab a frozen pizza later and use some flexpoints. I still have another movie to watch tonight so I guess I'll eat junk and enjoy it! lol. Well, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:25 PM   #23  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Good Afternoon, Ladies!

I have another sick child, ugh!!!! Life is not very fun these days!

DH has almost got the truck running again, but it has been no fun dealing with him and the parts store that kept giving us the wrong stuff!!! Tomorrow is a workday for him and I guess I will just have to wait and see if he gets ready and goes. It's not a good time to talk about it with him at all!!

I weighed in today and I am down 2.5 more pounds. That is a total of 14 pounds since 3/30!!! I am so happy about that, that even the dh isn't bugging me too much today!

My house is getting there! I put away winter clothes, reaaranged and vacuumed the boys room, did 2 loads of laundry and tidied the living room so far. Still need to vac the rest of the house and do some more straightening up in the other rooms, but it can be done!

Glad to see you all are doing so well. We should do a challenge, maybe I'd move some more then! LOL!! Gotta run get the ds from preschool. Will check in later!

Love you gals!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:33 PM   #24  

Hi girls

Sorry its been awhile since I lasted posted, but I have been busy on my other thread and you all know being a SAHM, you hardly have anytime to sit down! But I look at it this way. I am burning calories chasing them, cleaning up after them, and just being with them.....gotta love em! Well I am below the 130's now. I am actually in shock. I don't even want to say it because I don't want to gain. I feel like I am going to ginx (sp?) myself by saying my weight. Haha

Geri your chili sounds really great. We eat bean meals here a couple times a week so I might just give it a try. My problem comes in when I top it with melted cheese and sour cream . I just love chili we have it once a week!

Spryng I loved seeing the pictures of your family. You looked great by the way. Tanner is really growing. I can't believe how fast they grow. I look at my son and think, gosh he was just a baby and it really actually brings me to tears. Prayers and good thoughts for your FIL, I hope everything goes well. My FIL is having surgery on Monday so it looks like we will have two yards to keep up this summer. Yuck....oh well, it is the right thing to do is help them out. I checked that Flylady website out and I really like it. Does it cost to join? I told my mom about it and she looked it up and really loved it too. Everytime I post I say this but, I have to say it again. You are such a strong woman to "hold the fort down" while your husband is gone. Hats off to you ! I think I would go nuts without mine for a couple of days, even though he does drive me nuts at times . Alot of times!

Well hello to everyone else. There are so many new people here since I last checked in. Hope to get here more often. Have a great weekend everyone. Julie .
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:28 PM   #25  
Walking away the weight

Default Tgif

Okay, checking in again. Took a long walk in the park and worked up quite a sweat . . . I figure that earns me 1 or 2 breadsticks at dinner tonight We're going out for Italian. I plan to have the steamed mussels in tomato sauce, no pasta - just 1-2 breadsticks and salad.

Spryng - I understand your longing for spring. I love warm weather! It's in the 80s here.

Cindi - sorry to hear about another sick one - no fun

Julie- Hi, nice to meet you!

2 loads of laundry done; one load folded and put away. I've been so productive today - it's amazing!
Old 04-23-2004, 04:44 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

It's just me again, lol.
Kids just now went down for a nap even though Tanner has been out for an hour. I went to put the other two down and got sucked into the my little pony game they were playing on their sega, well long story short I won the game!!!! They were in awe of me, lol. Kids. But now they are down and I have some quiet time.
Leigh, enjoy your breadsticks!!! I LOVE Italian food. My favorite cuisine. What restaurant are you going to? I've never had mussels. Do they taste like clams? Sounds very healthy though. Everyone has been doing so great on their laundry and that is the only thing I am lacking in. I just hate it so much. Maybe I'll tackle a load or two tonight.
Hi JULIE!!! We've missed you. Are you going to post with us more often now? You said you are below the 130's now, are you close to your goal weight? If not how much more do you want to lose? I just hit my first goal weight last week and it felt soooo great. Now I feel like I can work on other things in my life and not worry too much about the scale. Even though I still want to lose another 10 lbs I know it will come off in time and I'm not pushed to lose it. What kind of surgery is your FIL having? My FIL came out of surgery just fine today. They put in another stint and said his heart is looking much better than the last time they saw it, so that was good news. He'll get to come home today And no, it does not cost anything to join flylady. All free. I just love her so much. I tell my DH about her and what I am working on every night and he can't believe how excited I get over completing my routines everyday and how great our master bedroom is looking. I need something like that to get me exercising again, lol. Know of any sites like that? And thank you for you kind words about my situation. I don't feel strong all the time but I like the way my life is and how it works out with DH. I feel like a single mother sometimes but I know I can do it. Thanks so much.
Cindi, which child is sick? With what? I hope it goes away fast. Congrats on losing 2.5#'s!! That is fantastic.
Well again I set my timer to only do 15 min in my bedroom and ended up working on it for over an hour. I went through every box in my closet and threw away bags of junk, put some stuff in the yard sale box, and organized the rest. Then I did DH's closet. Our closets aren't completed yet so they are open to the room, so if they are unorganized the whole room looks unorganized. So now after days of working on this room it's looks clean and tidy. Even though today was the last day in this zone I'll have to do some in it tomorrow too. I have just a few more things to go through (my desk space is one of them) and then vacuum. So it will be done tomorrow for sure. Then come monday I can give my full attention to my living room.
I guess that is all I have to yak about for now, lol. It's really storming here right now so I don't know if I will get to tan tonight or not. Might have to wait until tomorrow. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:50 PM   #27  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Well, well, well...

I'm back from my Friday errands. This was the first day we got out since last Friday. I should enjoy it but I would be fine staying home most always. I know the kids need to get out, though. You all know that Fridays are the worst for me. I'm at my mom's cleaning where all the goodies are. Well, before we went there we made stop at Wal-mart. I got myself a WW meal for lunch and apples and oranges for dessert/snack. I did eat 1 chocolate chip cookie, which tasted awful and 2 little bites of an oatmeal creme pie. I thought that was pretty good. I'm still below my calories. For dinner, I'm making low cal sloppy joes. They are so good but only one plus a few baked potato chips is all I can have for 400 calories. That will have to do.

Since I didn't sleep well last night, I'm zonkered!!! I didn't take notes so I'll do my best.

Julie, hi! I'm Crystal, sahm of 3. Alisa, 5, Ally, almost 3, and Andrew almost 17 months.

Spryng, your evening actually sounds good. I wish I had some movies to watch, but I'll probably go to bed as early as I can.

You know I realized something today. You all may have already thought of this but I'll explain anyway. When I said that I was more motivated after my gain it got me thinking. I know that what I've learned from flylady helped me with that attitude. I mean think about it. What we are learning about housework and etc. from flylady can go the same way for our weight journey. Flylady says, your house did not become cluttered over night, it can not become clutter free over night. If you fall behind, or fall out of routine for whatever reason, just step up, dust off and start from where you left off. The same concepts go for our weight. We did not become fat overnight, it won't come off over night. And if we gain or fall off plan, who cares, just stand up, dust off and start where you left off. So you see, because of my attitude change with my home it helped me this morning with my gain. Don't get me wrong, I was disappointed, but I know I did it to myself and I know how, so what else do I expect? I'll just step up, dust off and start from here. I just thought this was interesting that's all. Maybe some of this will help you too.

I'll check back before bed time. Maybe I can get some rest and refer to everyone. Sorry, hope your days are going good.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Default oops!

Cindi- I completely forgot to say congrats on the weight loss!!! Great job!

Spryng - mussels are more like oysters in texture, but I like them a bit more in terms of taste. have you ever had oysters? I'm glad your FIL is okay.

Crystal - what excellent insights about Flylady! It is a lot alike.

DH is on the way home . . . hooray! Keep your fingers crossed that he isn't called out of town this weekend. It would be nice to actually spend time with him I know what you mean, Spryng, about feeling like a single mom sometimes.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:45 PM   #29  

Spryng I guess I really don't have a goal weight....I would like to reach between 116-120. Who knows if that will ever happen though . I would love to weigh 120 like I did in high school but I am just so happy I am where I am at right now, I am not going to stress about it. Even though I still stress about what goes in my mouth. I have my days still where I go way overboard on eating, but I just try and make up for it. And Your Welcome! I know I depend alot on my hus. He (fil) is having a hip replaced, so it is major surgery that will require a long recoup. time. I would love to try and get some good old spring cleaning in this weekend. Well kids are calling. Hi to everyone. Bye for now. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Arrgghhhhh I missed all day and now there is no hope of catching up with all the posts Anyway I kept busy today got my shopping, and cleaning done, bills paid so we're good to go I've stalled out and I'm a bit frustrated with it so hopefully it won't last long. I bought Win a date with tad hamilton today so we're gonna watch it after supper. We're having Bratwurst and Broccoli lol I know I know what a combo Well I've stayed OP and I got my WATP DVD's today and I'm gonna try them tomorrow morning. Well I'm gonna go watch the movie with hubby I'll be back later I'm sure

Take care girls!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote