Old 05-04-2004, 08:18 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat #46

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!! And we would love to have you join us,
so please stop in and chat awhile!!

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:39 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies,

Sue - I'm so glad you liked the cake! I take it to carry-ins all the time (especially in the summer) and people are surprised when they find out how points-friendly it is.

Angie - so sorry about your friend at work! You just never know.... and sometimes it just doesn't seem fair. About my TOM, no, I'm not concerned because I thought I had gone through menopause already. The women in my family go through it early. I am done already, so it lasted all of 2 days, lol. (TMI? lol)

Katiecat - wow, I copied the info your DH sent to Cristi. I have Windows XP and have trouble once in awhile. Some of us may have questions for him from time to time, lol.

Susan - hope the job training is going well.

Cristi - hope you get your computer fixed soon so you don't have to go to the library all the time. Been there, done that and it's no fun!

Marti - your grandma has been in my prayers that she doesn't suffer...

Hi also to RosieKate, Shanna, Kathy, Kayecee, Kat, and anyone I may have left out.

Well, since it is primary election day here in Indiana, the school where Mackenzie Jo goes is closed so I've got her for the day. We will work in the yard - she loves that - and go play with the twins. Also, she brought a couple of books with her, so I'll be the narrator, lol. This is the stuff I live for....

BBL,
Jana
Old 05-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Just quickly.....

Cristi--I read in the paper that there IS a Virus going around and they described exactly what you described to us. It's called, "The Sasser Virus". Pretty much like the Worm we got last year.(the one that Katie described)

I hope you get your computer fixed soon!

Must go to school.....check in after.
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti, was going to say the same thing just saw something written about it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day,,,heading to work then to the gym. Even if it kills me!...lol

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Katie~thank you so much for the info. I will definitely try it when I get home. We do have XP. We have tried everything and even talked with Dell last night, the guy didn't seem to know what he was doing. If the info you gave me doesn't work I will be on the phone with them today. I am going without the computer!!!!

Marti~we are pretty sure it is a virus now, but it was funny that it just started this when we took the power hit. Hope you have a great day at school.

Jana~don't tell me that!! I haven't had a period since December and I am liking it! I hope I don't go that long and then start having one. Enjoy your day with McKenzie Jo. Hey, next you can come over and clean my patio furniture.

Was it RosieKate or Sue who maintained this week? Sorry ladies, can't remember what was said on the last thread. WTG on maintaining! and yes, Jana it is good maintaining Although frustrating at times, I would much rather maintain than gain anyday.

Okay, I need to go check my mail and I only have a few minutes to go on this thing. My how an hour flies by.

Hi to everyone else. Take care and will try to write more in the next few days or so.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:28 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Morning-

Just popping in. I went and bought me (at Goodwill) a cute Laura Ashley tangerine knit top - along with a short pin strip skirt?? Tried it on and it looked ok.....hope it does- cause that is what I am wearing today.....lol

So, about your co worker- Ang. I went to Astoria and the saddest news was a 36 year old resident died of a heart attack. Anyway - after Brian's passing 2 years ago - just makes you appreciate every day.

Also- don't take your health for granted!!! sheeeesh- eat healthy and exercise!!!!

I better go- time is ticking - just wanted to say HI!!! Job is going GREAT!!! I have co worker now!! Yahooooooo

TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #7  

Smile

Posting quickly....

I am not feeling well at all today. When I helped some friends move Sunday I started feeling like my allergies were going nuts from all the box dust, then yesterday I was just a big old sneezing hound with one teary eye (Aye Matey) and today, I started walking around the school for my exercise and after 20mins. I couldn't take it anymore. Makeup all gone on one side of my face, (hey, trying to make a fashion statement!!) And my throat is swelling up. So it's off to bed for me for a couple hours to see if that helps.

Just wanted to pop in so you wouldn't worry about little ol me.....ok, not so little....but you get what I'm saying!

Off to dream land.....****Lounging on the beach with my handsome husband, drinking a Margarita, me in a bikini with 6pack abs, buns of steel, legs that are to die for and a golden tan ........**** oops...dozed off there for a minute!

I'll try to check in later tonight

Marti
Old 05-04-2004, 07:32 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

It took forever but I am back and the computer is fine-I think and hope! It was a virus, so be careful ladies. We weren't sure at first because it messed up right after the lightning. It was bad and did burn up sons computer and our tv. After spending over an hour on the phone with Dell support, who could hardly speak english. No offense but if they are going to send the work overseas to India they should make sure they can speak clearly. I had the hardest time understanding the guy. But we did it and so far so good.

Hi Susan~glad the training is going good and you have a co-worker.

Katie~thanks for the info, it didn't work. I wish it would have, it would have saved me from the torture! I will however keep it around just in case I should need it.

Marti~I do hope you get to feeling better. Allergies are the pits! I don't get them bad very often, but the watery eye(s) is horrible. Seems like you it is always just the one eye, the right one. Wouldn't you think both would water?

I am also thinking about going back to AOL, so be looking for an e-mail ladies with my new email address soon. I am trying it out right now. We used to have it but for some reason they dropped one of the local numbers and we were having a hard time staying and getting online. It's kind of hard to service so many people with just one number. They had more, but there would have been long distance charges, no thank you. Now they have two local numbers again, yay! It seems a lot faster than MSN, we'll see.

Anywho, HI to everyone. I will try to be back later. If not tomorrow sometime. The computer has been down since Friday and we are all fighting for our time. Gonna have to make a sign up sheet! Okay, starting to ramble, just happy to be able to get on the 'puter.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:00 PM   #9  

Cristi--Glad that you got the computer all fixed up! Why is it only the one RIGHT eye? Crazy isn't it? Right now I must look pathetic sitting at my computer leaking like a faucet!!

Well I took a nap and woke up THREE hours later!! My goodness. When I was at school, a woman gave me some allergie medicine (sudafed or something like that) she told me that 2 make her tired and one just makes the symptoms ease up....so I took one. Good thing I went home!! I knew I shouldn't have taken it....I can sleep easily on medicine that makes you sleepy!! Codeine is the worst!

Just wanted to pop in again to see what's up since last time I logged on....not much I see. What are all you girls up to today?????

Must go pop dinner in the oven.

Chat with you all tomorrow.
Marti
Old 05-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Good evening ladies,

Marti - they sell some pretty good over-the-counter meds for allergies... hope you are feeling better! Had to laugh at your daydream, lol. You oughta start writing romance novels, lol.

Angie - it is so cool that your job offers a free gym! And it's even cooler that you're actually using it!

Cristi - YAY for getting the computer up and running! Makes you really appreciate it, doesn't it? I wanted to kiss mine when it came back from the 'puter doctor, lol.

Susan - wow, a new job that you like, a new co-worker that you like, and a new outfit that you like! How lucky are you, girlfriend??

Had a great day with Mackenzie but have to admit I was ready for her to go home with her momma, lol. That's one of the perks of being a grandma, lol.

Just for the record, I've been drinking all the wadder I should, and then some! And I've been getting some exercise... (that's all I'll say about exercise) Oh please please please let me show a loss this week!

See ya tomorrow...
Jana
Old 05-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to you too Jana. Yes, the cake was spectacular...even tonight when I ate another piece. A nice change from the usual jello treat.
Marti- I also have allergies and they are the pits. I wear contact lenses also which doesn't help the eyes when allergies strike. Feel better soon!
Christi-Glad the computer is fixed. I just downloaded the patch that is supposed to keep me safe, but really who knows what I downloaded. They could do anything...lol. I am such a computer novice.

It is still rainy and chilly here. I spent the morning doing the shopping and running around with hubby. This afternoon I cleaned some and walked with my gal pal. ALl I really want to do on these gloomy days is curl up with a book, an afghan and a cup of tea.
Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer. I really need to do yard work, but it is too wet.
See you all tomorrow.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:39 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Evening!!

Sorry- Sue. I missed where you are from?? Maybe you did a Bio?? Anyway- kind of misty here but overall the weather has been great.

Sorry- Marti....about the allergies! Alex had those a lot and I always said I would pray for him- a lot of good THAT did me.The allergies went away for him but he went away from me,,,,,,lol....haha- humor guys.

I didn't mean I just have 1 co worker. I meant that is is nice to have co workers overall. It was lonely in the evenings. I have had several people say how nice I look in my $9.98 outfit!! lol YAY- Goodwill. I am going to have to go back out in the morning and find me something to wear for tomorrow.
S, my boss has been great- he liked how fast I entered data...lol.....I told him I only type 25 wpm- but maybe with all my picking I am faster now??
Anyway-having a great day!!

I had a terrible tension headache - had to go to Freddies and buy some tylenol on my dinner break- bought some turkey and an orange for dinner- along with a hard boiled egg.

I better go- need to get the Gabster-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYECEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee

HI!!!!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:47 AM   #13  
self portrait

Happy birthday Kayecee!!!!! Or should I say happy birthday Mrs. Never posts!! What are you trying to do, keep up with me or something??? hee hee I am just terrible about reading and forgetting to post.
Jana : crossing my fingers for a weightloss for you this week. You are doing soooo good. I started WW, (again!!) yesterday. Doing good so far and since I started my new job I have been drinking water like it is going out of style. I made the garden veggie WW soup yesterday ( double batch) to eat for my dinners and lunches. It is such a good soup and it has NO points, which is wonderful!!! Got to love that. So I am crossing my fingers this time it will work better and I will stick with it. I was wanting to lose thirty pounds, but i am settling for 20 for now. That might be more realistic knowing me and my bad habits. we shall see. You are my inspiration though.
Cristi: hey there missy, I lost your new address ( mailing on that is) could you PM me it so I can update my addresses. that would be vunderbar!!! :-) Glad to see you computer is back running. I am glad I am part of this forum, because my boyfriend got the bug, but didn;t know it and he was getting pissed off at his computer shutting down every five seconds and didn't know what was going on. I have to admit it was kind of funny to watch him scream at his computer. I am soooo bad. hee hee.
Susan: Good to see you are liking your new job position. That is always nice to not dread and hate what you are doing. Although most people do not completely love their job, that is probably why it is called work and not fun. Hope your headache is better.
Marti: you know you are in my thoughts and I will talk to you soon. So be afraid, be very afraid. HEEE hee , clue in Jaws theme music. I am coming to get ya. hee hee. I think I am delirious from lack of sleep that I am cracking myself up and no one else. Coffee, must get coffee!!!!
To every one else I missed, hope you have a great day: all the susies and katies, angies, etc, etc.
chow for now!!!
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #14  
RosieKate

Lots of this today. I went to my first board meeting for DD's co-op last night and didn't get home 'til late. She doesn't start until fall, but they wanted a meeting with outgoing and incoming board members, so off I went. It was a little tough, as I am just getting used to the idea that my baby wiil be in preschool in the fall, then the Board meeting just made me confront reality much sooner than I wanted. Ahh, time marches on....feels like I just had her yesterday...

Christi - I'm glad your computer is back up, but I think there is definitely something virus-like in the ether. I've been getting more than my fair share of questionable emails, and Norton has been flagging them. It's disturbing to say the least. Ladies, make sure you are not opening any attachments unless you are absolutely sure about who sent them!

Kayecee - Don't know you yet, but Happy Birthday!

Jana - Glad you had fun with your granddaughter. My MIL babysat yesterday so I could go to the dentist. When I came home, DD (who is 2) was calling her "Grandmama" which sent her over the edge! She's such a great grandma... bet you are, too! I hope my kids make me a grandma someday.

Susan - I just love Goodwill! Your post reminds me that I need to go get some shorts for the summer. Your outfit sounds cute and great for the office.

Marti - are your allergies getting better? I felt for you. DH gets hayfever real bad. He gets an allergy kit OTC fro Kaiser that's effective for him, and cheap. One pill is a decongestant and one pill is an antihistamine taken at the same time. I take them when I have a bad cold, and it works. knocks me for a loop, but sometimes it's worth it I missed Idol last night DH thinks George is going...who do you think is going? I'm liking Fantasia more every week....hope she did well last night.

Hope I got everyone, if not, here's to making it half way through the week. I baked cookies yesterday and ate too many....Sigh. Gonna get that walk in today!

Cheers,
RosieKate
Old 05-05-2004, 12:34 PM   #15  

Hello girls--

Should be in school but I took the day off! James told me to go to bed early last night (if you consider 10:30 early) and so I did, and this morning he asked me if I was going to school (but in a tone that was saying "your not going to school today right") and I told him no. And went back to sleep....ended up waking up at 9:00!! That's late! Even on weekend I'm up at 7:30 or 8:00...... I don't think it's just allergies anymore, I believe it's downright a head cold!! ****sigh****

Only Shanna and RosieKate posting this morning??

Shanna--You're going to do great on WW!! I just can feel it! I'm sending you **weightloss** vibes your way!!

RosieKate--AI was ok...I think they all did good, but I think George did better than Jasmine.....but who knows....I think all the singers are much better than that Justin Guarini from the first season! I never liked his singing!! My favorite is Fantasia.......

Oh...my head....Well I think I'm going to go plop my butt on the couch. I need to get some energy so I can go to town today. I want to buy a birthday cake for James. Have it all out for when he comes home tonight.

Happy Birthday to Kayecee!!!

I'll try to check in later girls

Marti