Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 11:57 PM   #76  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohani
She's in a band. She sings jazz standards...Etta James, etc. They have their first public performance this week.

Way cool! Where are they performing?

I think you have to plant seeds for Morning Glories -- Wabbit said to soak them overnight or something. They grow fast.

Peaches, you can't hide by going to Connecticut. Everyone drives there, mostly in hideous, high-speed traffic jams. How about DS' dad? Men are good at driving. Some men are only good at driving and not much else.

We are actually at the point in the whole driving experience when DD is making noises about actually getting her license -- if you think the thought of teaching them to drive freaks you out, wait for this thought. Most of her friends got their permits a few months earlier than she did, so they have recently gotten their licenses. All of them are still under restriction -- meaning they cannot have another minor (except a sibling) in the car with them unless there is also someone over 21, and they can't drive between 12m and 6am I think. This creates some very amusing situations: her friends are driving themselves to each other's houses--separately. Two girls came out here the other day, each in a separate car. It's quite funny. This lasts for 6 months. Even with the restriction, I am freaking a bit at DD driving by herself. There are times I still have to tell her to
STOP! to keep her from going right through a red light. She's getting better. It takes 4 or 5 weeks for the paperwork to come through before they can take their road test, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet pretty soon and let her do it.

That's pretty messed up about the lady wanting to sue you. I can't imagine that anything would come of it, but sheesh, she needs to get a grip.

Kiwi
Old 05-09-2004, 10:34 AM   #77  
fatter than U

Talking

Happy Mother's Day, Cows!

Love you all.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:16 PM   #78  
cow with the double chin

Smile Happy Mother's Day!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO THE HERD!!!!!!

Here's hoping you all have a splendid day!!!

Old 05-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #79  
Member w/ messiest house

Have a Great Mother's Day! You all deserve it!

Lotsa love,
Kiwi
Old 05-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #80  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I decided to hand ivy on the fence. Flowers draw bees.

My DD is 17. Here they have to be 17 to get a license. They have to have their permit for 6mos and schedule the test in 6 mos in advance. She's pretty good...but shouldn't she be after all this time? I can't wait until she drives. I would much rather she be in a car where she is driving than some other bonehead.

Who is the whack who says she'll sue you? Those kinds of crazy threatening people drive me nuts. They are so aggressive. Shouldn't they have imploded by now? I'll write nasty remarks about her work if you want.

DD is playing at a local school function. Not her school, another school. So far she's bought really cute strappy shoes to wear with jeans....they have queenie heals...does anyone remember queenie heels?

must go proofread paper about aldehydes...whatever they are.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:41 AM   #81  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Ivy is a good choice as you say,no flowers,plus it is a perennial--i approve---it can be invasive,but it is pretty----------------i hate bees even though my garden loves them----your dd 17------------is she in grade eleven---you mean you have all the prom stuff to look forward to next year????COOOOOOOOOOOOOL----dd18 has been offered 4000 dollar renewable scholarships from the two universities she applied to ---now she has to choose as well as face the fact that it actually costs closer to 15,000 a year to attend college----------isn't that a nice fact!---we have TWO dd18's entering university this year----------wow!! just an extra 25,000 or so a year to come up with.......KIWI----WHERE IS MY JOB?????I NEED TO START WORKING FAST!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #82  

Happy belated Mother's Day to all you lovelies!!!!!

Lush, just because I can't grow morning glory doesn't mean everyone else in the world doesn't grow them like weeds. I don't see them growing around here, so I'm thinking that they probably don't do well here. This is the land of rhododendrons and conifers. Ivy is nice too. What about a clematis montana? Do a google search. If you just want something annual you could plant scarlet runner beans or hops.

Peachy, this woman needs to get a life. You don't think she'd really sue do you?

I can't relate to all this talk about drivers licenses and scholarships. Let's talk about how to get them to move out of the house.

DH thought it would be too crowded at restaurant for dinner out yesterday. He decided they should bar-b-q for Mother's Day. At about 5 pm I finally went to the store to buy groceries for my own MD dinner. DH cooked the steaks. Everything else was store made. After dinner I went to my room and fell asleep. When I got up this morning all the dinner dishes were still sitting, plus the mess DD made when she got home from work. I told them next year there would not even be a discussion about whether we go out or eat at home for Mother's day.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #83  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohani
DD is playing at a local school function. Not her school, another school. So far she's bought really cute strappy shoes to wear with jeans....they have queenie heals...does anyone remember queenie heels?
I was listening to Etta James on NPR yesterday in the car. Fantastic. Are queenie heels the same as kitten heels? They're selling flipflops with kitten heels this year. Pretty funny, I think. Whenever I've tried on something with those heels, I feel like I'm going to break the shoes (because I'm such a delicate flower).

I've got to get started cleaning out junk from the garage. DH needs to get started fixing the dinghy, and he's going to blame me for holding things up I don't get a move on. God, I hate sorting and decluttering and all that crap.

Right on, Wabbit. Ungrateful families.

Kiwi
Old 05-10-2004, 05:26 PM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

I know this doesn't belong here on 3fc, but I am so upset about this disgusting Iraqi situation, that I just have to speak my mind.

This revolting mess has gone way too far. George Bush should be impeached for completely mismanaging this horrible war and committing war atrocities on the Iraqi people. He doesn't even have the will to make changes in the personnel under him who are responsible for this disgusting display, so I say LET'S GET RID OF HIM and let's do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #85  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

[COLOR=DarkOrange]i agree with you kiwonkers---what a disaster this has turned out to be---at christmas i was crying over the people magazine's photos of the boys who have died over there-----kids who were my daughter's ages-----------even younger-----------beautiful faces of dead children -----------------and now THIS----------------if you watch the Daily Show----he sure doesn't pull any punches regarding this mess!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #86  
Member w/ messiest house

I can't watch the Daily Show anymore; we cancelled our satellite programming because DH said he was going to have DishTV installed. That was a month ago--today he dumped the information in my lap. GRRRR Meanwhile we've been watching very bad local TV reception.

On the up side, my friend's brother's roommate who plays in Fiddler on the Roof was nominated for a Tony today!!! Isn't that totally cool? I'm so excited.

Kiwi
Old 05-11-2004, 04:29 AM   #87  
fatter than U

Angry it's truly disgusting

Yeah, what Kiwi said. They should ALL go.

Still fuming about Mother's Day and have already planned the Father's Day (which is next Thursday here, for some weird reason which may or may not have something to do with religion) Revenge. This means taking the high road and being EXTRA nice and EXTRA sweet and showing them all. Yeah, that's it.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:05 AM   #88  
loves kleenex box art

I agree wholeheartedly with your rant, Kiwi. Surely, he will not be reelected. Those prisoners being abused bear a physical resemblance to my ex who Jewish. It hurts me to look at them. I don't think anything this demoralizing has ever happened to this country. Bring back Monica.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:17 AM   #89  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hahah-----peachers!!! Bring Back Monica!!!!---I think you could get that going as a slogan--NO Problem!!! Good ONe!!!!---------------We get the Daily Show on two channels with our Local Cable---but our "stolen" american satellite signal has been shut down BIG TIME!!!!-----depressing------------------------Did I ever tell anyone that I am starting to resemble the chassis of a Dump Truck???????????/ {Kiwi---------TERRIBLE accident in Maine this weekend??!! know anything about that???}
Old 05-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #90  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

YIKES------------tHIS IS A BAD ONE--------------

Mother’s Day Tragedy
New details are coming to light following one of the deadliest accidents in Maine history.

Authorities are now saying that the woman driving the S.U.V. that crashed in Carmel on Sunday, killing 7 people, had a suspended driver's license.

Police say that Hope Gagnon lost her license back in 1998, and never applied to have it reinstated.

Meanwhile, police are still trying to piece together exactly what happened.

7 people, four of them children, were killed on the Interstate in Carmel Sunday after their S.U.V. flew off of the highway.

Police say that it appeared that the rented Ford Explorer was going more than 90 miles per hour when it tried to pass 2 vehicles taking up both of the travel lanes.

Witnesses say that the Explorer tried to pass the vehicles by driving onto the breakdown lane.

But when the driver tried to steer back onto the road, she clipped one of the vehicles, which sent the Explorer rolling across the highway, onto the median, and into a group of trees.

"We have at least one witness who saw this vehicle go by and then was pulled over by the side of the road, about two miles from the accident, and they appeared to be switching drivers." Said Lt. Wesley Hussey of the Maine State Police.

The victims, all from South Portland, have been identified as 29-year-old Hope Gagnon, who police believe was driving, her three children ranging in age from 4 to 8, 28-year-old Kelley Armstrong, her 4-year-old son, and 29-year-old Danielle St. Paulin.

Police say that only 2 of the 7 were wearing seatbelts, and that there were no car seats or booster seats in the S.U.V. for the children.

The Portland Press Herald quotes family and friends as saying that the women were driving up to Fort Kent to meet a man Gagnon had corresponded with on the Internet.

The friends say that the woman told them that they intended to drive to Fort Kent and back again on the same day.
Closed Thread