Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 08:13 AM   #46  
fatter than U

Unhappy Good heavens!!

Oh Bagzie. Your poor baby. Do you think he might have picked it up from someone else at school? I've read it can be passed on hand to mouth. I guess the school will let you know if anyone else got it. You'll be in my thoughts. Please let us know how he is.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #47  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hi there girls--------since the E Coli test takes 48 hours to culture i guess i won't know for sure til tomorrow,but of course I worry about all the complications that can happen to kids---most of these terrible things happen to kids under five and ds is almost ten and ONE HUNDRED AND TEN POUNDS!!!---- so the size factor is in our favour----it is just so frightening to see blood for any reason----------anyone remember that i spent a week in the hospital with dd 20 {twenty years old today in fact} after Dad died---she had salmonella poisoning-----------WHAT KIND OF DUMP AM I RUNNING AROUND HERE????????????? DEPT OF HEALTH WILL BE IN TO CHECK ME OUT !!!!!!----- ds didn't eat anything out of the ordinary so that is the real concern--------Sugar---i do think that most children's bathrooms are unsanitary so that could be the problem---gross!!!!!! i will keep you posted---can anyone think of somthing he can eat---he hates anything on the BRAT diet {bananas,rice,applesauce and toast] he is such a terrible eater and that is why i thought he was immune from such a disease----won't eat meat or "fresh produce"!!!!! must be some other thing.................... THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN XOXOOXO [/COLOR]
Old 05-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #48  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, I wrote a message, but I was disconnected from the modem and it's flown the coop.

My suggestion is yogurt, plain or vanilla. Of course he may not like that either. My mother used to give us gingerale when we had tummy ailments. Ginger is actually good for the digestion system, supposed to counteract nausea. So gingersnaps wouldn't be a bad thing. Or maybe just anything he'll eat that non-greasy and not acid-y. Don't we have a nurse on here? Oh yeah, I guess not.

I have not exercised since I got back from NY, except for a short walk one day last week. I am a slug and I'm going to he** in a handbasket. A really large sturdy one, I hope, because I don't want to break the contraption with my girth and fall headfirst into the brimstone. If I'm going to spend eternity in the fiery depths, I don't want brimstone in my hair the very first day.

Kiwi
Old 05-03-2004, 08:07 PM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

I am so worried about BaggzieSon that I am almost not asking how a child can weight 105 at such a young age AND be a poor eater.

I changed my cat's name so it's not one H picked out.

Old 05-03-2004, 09:50 PM   #50  
Member w/ messiest house

what did you change the cat's name to? Or for that matter, from? (I have a terrible memory, you know -- I remember Empy, but not the 2nd one)
Old 05-04-2004, 07:57 AM   #51  
loves kleenex box art

Empy is short for Emperor. When we got the new cat, DS named it Czar (it's a Siberian cat) and H thought it should be Ivan the Terrible. Czar now.

I saw in the paper yesterday that a mobile home burned and a woman was killed. It's in an area where H owns a lot of mobile homes.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:07 PM   #52  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

we went to see the doctor and he says there is nothing
strange growing so far in the sample--that is good cause i guess
something would have shown up by now----dr says that they probably would
never know what caused the problem but it is clearing up and that is the
most important thing---ds is feeling much better although the "problem" of frequent bathroom visits is still upon us {not as bad as it was for sure !!}for some reason i have been NOT dealing with these daily problems so well----feel kind of depressed or blah ----the weather has been cold ,rainy or foggy as well for a couple of weeks so that doesn't help--wrinkles,dingy hair and flab aren't helping either---someone think of something cheery.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #53  

The good news about DS is certainly cheery, Bagzie! What a scarey experience.

I posted a long, rambling, incoherent post about the present state of my household and the 3 chicks lost it. Oh well, I guess you all didn't need to hear all of that anyway. I'll give you the short version. I - am - being - driven - crazy. Laundry. Dishes. Dirt. Dog hair. "Adult" children. Believe me, they are either adult or children. They can't be both. I have very large children.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:00 PM   #54  
fatter than U

Default Excellent news, Bagzie!

Good to know that it's most likely nothing too serious but it would be nice to know what it was, wouldn't it? Of course you were worried about the poor little guy. I wouldn't have handled that well either. It's the daily problems that freak me out the most. We need to find something to cheer you up!!!

I don't suppose this would help any? You need loudspeakers to get the full effect.Sponge Monkeys
Old 05-04-2004, 04:27 PM   #55  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I saw in the paper yesterday that a mobile home burned and a woman was killed. It's in an area where H owns a lot of mobile homes.

Hey, maybe he'll get sued!

So glad DS is improving and it isn't anything ominous. I'm sure he'll be back to his normal self soon. And then, Bagz, you can take a break and have some fun, how about it?

I hate to say it, but I have noticed that when I quit getting any exercise, I start getting really depressed, and when I walk or exercise several times a week, it pretty much goes away. I mean, sure, I already knew that was supposed to work that way, but I hate to admit that it does.

I guess Czar is okay for a cat's name. Hard to call out the back door though. But then he probably doesn't come when you call anyway. I have one who does, one who doesn't. The one who doesn't responds to attention, but you know she doesn't know her name.

I don't mind hearing about the state of your household, Wabbit. Can't be any worse than mine. Most of the time, I am here online just to escape tackling it, as you probably know. I'll volunteer to take the dog hair off your hands -- well, I can't honestly say I miss dog hair, but I miss dog.

I'll post a picture to cheer Bagz up. Let's see, do you want to see the awful one of DH with a spoon hanging off his nose? How about DD in her stage makeup for "Joseph"?

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3030101.jpg (31.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-05-2004, 07:08 AM   #56  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Whew! Bagzie..how scary. I'm glad the news is good so far. That would freak me out. Of course you aren't taking it in stride.

My computer completely crashed a few days ago. It is now completely reformatted, meaning we lost everything. Think of all those cleaning lists that have been wiped off the face of the earth. Really, my MONEY file, which ALWAYS asked me to back it up and I never did, is gone. I suppose that is a shame.

It is DS14's birthday. Can you believe it????? I must cook, cook, cook and make merry. DD already made the cake. He's getting guitar stuff.

I am finished with my last long term subbing assignment of the year. TG...sixth graders are so annoying.

I want to be inspired to lose weight and exercise. I am going to check out the Dr. Phil thread. I think I am a tubbo due to deep psychological reasons.

I'll be back. Now that I've returned to the internet, I should show my gratitude and become an addict again. L
Old 05-05-2004, 09:02 AM   #57  
loves kleenex box art

It is so easy to loose posts on here. I posted TWiCE yesterday and both poofed away. It happens when you try to make a correction. Never correct. Just leave it wrong.

Bagzieee ... I don't see what else you could need to cheer you up since we know that Bagzboy is good. When our kids are good, all is good. My kid is 16 so I don't know if he's good or not.

Yesterday, I had other stuff to say but now I don't. The earth turns. I am mortified, however, by the prisoner thing. It's time for the prez to get that regilious conviction of his into action. golden rule, etc.

I called these ladies about writing a story on something good they did. They both, it turns out, attend the church I was not allowed to join. One of them used to say to me "I drive by your house all the time and keep telling myself I should stop." This time .. on meeting for the story ... she said "Let's meet at your house." Is that weird? I was caught off guard and said ok then called back and told them to come downtown.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 05-05-2004 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:29 AM   #58  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh my goodness!! i don't mean to sound ungrateful that my darling boy is getting better---it is the most important thing of all for our children to be HEALTHY------------no question----i guess i just am still guarded until he gets NORMAL huddas----and that has not occured as of yet-----the terrible colours are leaving though thank God----today is finally sunny----maybe i will garden--you are right Kiwonks ---excercise does improve mood although that doesn't seem to keep me motivated-------now that lush is back we can all count on looosing weight for sure---------again---thanks for your support and SUGAR!!!! i loved the sponge monkeys---dd and her bf were having quite a laugh at them as well!!! xoxoxoxo
Old 05-05-2004, 02:27 PM   #59  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Bagzie, my kids being sick always throws me off. It shakes me up for a while, particularly something that had potential to be really bad. The combination of seeing them so helpless and losing so much sleep wears my sunny disposition down to the bone. It isn't ungratefulness. You have to carry the possibilities of what this could have been in your mind so that he won't be burdened by it. That's your job.
Peachie, that was weird. You were right. I hate when people invite themselves here. Particularly when the people who do it are uppity in the first place. Don't offer her a drink when she meets you downtown.

Where's everyone else...you guys are fun, but i need more interaction while I'm "cleaning"
L
Old 05-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Lush, I can't believe your DS is turning 14. Wasn't he one of the little guys not 5 minutes ago?

Are you really cleaning? DH just showed up at home with a migraine, so all that vacuuming I was going to do is out of the question. Anyway, I've promised to send a CD of our vacation pictures to the folks that were there with us, so I should get that done instead anyway.

Peaches, that lady just wants to see the inside of your house. I think you should make up stories about what you've done with it since you moved in, to drive her crazy. "Oh I'd invite you in but the contractor has the place all torn up putting in the atrium and indoor pool" "Where do you get a good vet for baby alligators?"

Kiwi
Closed Thread