Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 05:46 PM   #16  

The Amateur Marriage was wonderful, wasn't it? It was exactly my kind of book. I just can't relate to The DaVinci Code. Not alot of international intrigue in my life. Unless I count Sugar P.

It has turned into summer here. It's 85 degrees here today and it's hot!!!

Cherry, if a change of address would make me lose weight I'd move out of state. Hee.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:48 PM   #17  

I forgot to ask - if I'm talking about one of my dear internet friends to 3D friends, is it mandatory to mention that my dear internet friend is not 3D???? Have you ever noticed that if you do mention it ppl look like you're out of your mind????
Old 04-26-2004, 06:05 PM   #18  
The magic shrinking cow

I refer to my pre-2000 internet friends as if they're 3D, although for years, DH acted as if y'all were my imaginary friends. I don't even bring it up when I'm talking about my friends, especially y'all and my friend who runs the Realm of Redheads. I mean, I've known you guys since 1998!!! Bagzie's cat is my desktop picture!

Haven't lost weight yet.

I'm in the first chapter of The Amateur Marriage and I like it so far. Of course.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:46 PM   #19  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

No, Wabby, you do not have to qualify us as internet friends. Back in '98 I told two quasi-friends about you guys and Cybermom and one of them asked, in all sincerity..."Is that like the people who get together for Star Trek?" I guess the technology is what reduced it to the level of Trekkies. Since then, I have had occasion to speak of you guys...but I never mention that I only know you through cyberspace.

I am less than halfway through DaVinci but if I didn't finish it I'd live. The first one was better, not as much lecturing.

Who are these redheads, Cherry? I want to spy.

I should go nag my kids about their homework. L
Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 AM   #20  
fatter than U

Default 3D friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Not alot of international intrigue in my life. Unless I count Sugar P.
Awww. That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me.

When I refer to y'all I usually just say "My friend _____ in _______ ." Works for me. Some of our friends here used to think internet friends were weird until they got their OWN internet friends and now they won't shut up about it. Ha!

Had a kind of a weekend, but we all survived mil's b'day party just fine. Wabby, you asked about the high school students - they come for extra help in English because they're doing crappy in school. The new kid I have seems just fine to me, he's just plain lazy, but his mother begged me to save him and is paying me money to do it so I'm trying.

Just got a whole truckload of clothes I ordered from a catalogue last week and of course they all look hideous. I swear if I get any shorter I'll just disappear. Low-rise jeans fit me like normal jeans, capris come down to my ankles. I'm just a ball with arms and legs. Gotta go exercise. Maybe..
Old 04-27-2004, 05:52 PM   #21  

Sugar, I know lots of ppl who order clothes from catalogues and get the cutest stuff, but I can't even go buy clothes in person and have them fit right. In fact, clothes shopping is a traumatic experience. I have this image in my mind of a somewhat normal sized woman, then reality smacks me upside the head when I look in those durn 3 way mirrors. I end up in a week long depression every time. That's why I dress so shabby - I can't take the heartache of the 3 way mirrors - it's easier just to wear the old stuff.

I've been in a slump lately. I haven't been watching what I'm eating and I haven't done a bit of exercise since I can't remember when. Has anyone been watching the Dr. Phil weight loss challenge? Those ppl deserve to lose weight. They work hard at it. Of course, in between working hard they are jetted off to fabulous spas and shopping sprees. That wouldn't hurt.

Sugar, I imagine you're a wonderful english tutor. Is it kind of fun??
Old 04-27-2004, 11:18 PM   #22  

I'm back from San Francisco.
It's now time to crack the cellophane on the Pilate's for weightloss and Pilates for beginners. My "power core" !?! needs serious recharging.... and my ankles and calves could use some sort of strengthening. Even with cable cars and taxis I walked way more than I'm used to... and I'm sort of numb to my wobblyknees. but I got neat photos and wonderful memories.

So it's back to the garden, walking, and WATER WATER WATER.
I'm reading Clara Callan, finished Cold Heart (J. Kellerman... creepy and a fast read)... Have the one that came before Amateur Marriage to read... will probably wait for A.M. to come out in pbk. I love reading! almost as much as travelling. And way more than working.... but I must to that tomorrow... so I'm off to bed.

(Haven't weighed for 10 days. I'm scared.... I hope the shrimp cocktail (with sourdough on the side) wasn't too fattening.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:47 AM   #23  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hello dear friends---i must say---i say "my friend from Oregon"--my friend from New Jersey,Maine,Texas.,Iowa,Germany,Florida!!!!!!!!WO W am i special!!!!=---- i have decided that i CANNOT stand how i look---i HATE the bags,wrinkles,FLABBBY everything---and i have been plagued with ROIDS for a week and that gets me CRABBY for sure----i keep looking at these people who are MY age and thikning---THEY LOOK TERRIBLE------ now just imagine what they must be thinking back at ME. Do you all really think things would be better if we were thinner???? wouldn't all the other AGING grossities bother us just as much????????????? help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 04-28-2004, 01:36 PM   #24  
fatter than U

Cool Crepey eyelids and chicken necks

Oh Bagzie! I hear ya! I was just inspecting the goods yesterday and wondering what the flab and wrinkles will look like in 5 or 10 or even 20 years. Pretty depressing if you're already having a 'roid type of week. *sigh* Keep yer chin up! You're gorgeous!

This is so sad: On the weekend I read in the paper that a young boy, 14, two villages over from ours, was working with his 11-yr old brother in his father's grain silo, and he (the older boy) somehow managed to fall in and get buried. They think he may have passed out from the heat or bad air or something. They managed to get him out and he was in a coma and today I heard that he had died. Can you imagine? The parents have two other younger children along with the 11-yr. I don't even know the family and I feel awful.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #25  
Member w/ messiest house

Default It's true. I'm back.

Had a great time in New York. Caught a cold the day we started for home. Feel like cr@p. Will attempt to write about vacation at some point. In the meantime...
Quote:
DH thinks we should just spend $75 to put a new treadmill belt on the old one, but he doesn't realize the brains to the thing has problems too. Sometimes it wants to just take off on its own. You can be walking along a 3 mph and it gets it in it's head to make you start jogging, whether you wanted to or not.
Cool, Wabby, your own personal trainer! "You're not going fast enough, RUN!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
my sista mananged to get some help this weekend---granny has moved to her son's place and now my sis can have some peace and quiet with her own little family {of three very rowdy kids!!}BUT--at least her "free" time is her own! very happy for her and for me of course
So glad to hear that -- she certainly deserves a break!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Kiwi went to NY, right? And they have puters there?
They do have computers there, but they charge $$$$$ to use them. We spent so much $$$$$$$$$ on everything we had none left to use on internet...
Quote:
I forgot to ask - if I'm talking about one of my dear internet friends to 3D friends, is it mandatory to mention that my dear internet friend is not 3D???? Have you ever noticed that if you do mention it ppl look like you're out of your mind????
I refer to my internet friends all the time (are your ears burning?) -- everyone I know is used to it. Of course they already thought I was a little off anyway

Kiwi
Old 04-28-2004, 07:18 PM   #26  

Welcome home, Kiwi!!!! The place just wasn't the same without you!

OOooooo, Sugar, crepey eyelids and chicken necks?? Have you been spying on me? I just keep thinking about older women that I know and love and how those lines and creases are beautiful to their loved ones. I don't mind getting older if I can look good for a 50 yr old, or a 60 yr old, or however old I manage to make it to. That said, I still manage to get a little depressed when it takes so darn long to get gussied up anymore. It seems to take so much more effort.

Bagzie, it's only those other ppl who look old. We just look well broken in.

Hey! I walked 20 minutes @ 3 mph on the new treadmill!!! I am a fitness guru!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:55 PM   #27  
loves kleenex box art

I am sick of losing posts
Old 04-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #28  
loves kleenex box art

POSSST

i AM STRANGELY motivated. Yesterday, in my office at the job, I threw out four trash bags of stuff. Some predated me in there. These were the black trash bags.

No woo woowwwwww come help me motivate here. /today.

Have you seen "Pieces of April?" Isn't it great???!! Loved it. Watched it then watched it again once I knew what it was about then watched it with the producer's comments.

Bye. Post. Please. Now. Soon.
That color was "allspice." Pretty. First color was "cavern."

Last edited by Cowpernia; 04-29-2004 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:52 PM   #29  

Peachy, how did you get motivated to clean up your office? I can't see my desk, which is pathetic when you consider the teeny amount of actual work I get done here.

I walked on the treadmill this morning. 20 minutes @ 3.5 mph. Go me.

I'm reading Dr. Phil's weight loss book. DD bought it. I think it will be helpful, but not a silver bullet.

I made potato salad w/ light miracle whip and 2 grams fat mayo. Tastes the same as regular. I still ate too much of it.

Never seen "Pieces of April". I haven't watched a video in months. I need to watch "Something's Gotta Give." Everybody says it's great and the romantic leads aren't pre-teenagers either.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:15 PM   #30  
loves kleenex box art

I saw Something's Got To Give and didn't like it much. Very simple predictible plot. Pieces of April is complex and funny.

Where's everybody else? ???????SNARLLLLLLL
This color is tangerine. How does this work?
Closed Thread