Old 04-23-2004, 09:23 AM   #46  

I got back from exercising and had a minute so thought I would pop in again.

LBS DOWN SO FAR THIS WEEKCARRI-2.5 MSCAT-2 FAYE-8 TOTAL FOR THE GROUP 12.5 LBS DOWN.

Julie: yeah, yeah, yeah Julie, you liked the other pic cause you can tell in that one I am an OLD LADY with those reading glasses on, which btw, were Jack's and not mine! Makes you feel younger..... When's the last time you did the horizontal tango on the couch? Hmmmmmmmm Us old folks still got it! Hope you can go next year. I think it will be a blast! I LOVVVEEEEEEE Chicago.

I need to vent my Wed woe on FRIDAY! We bought that new fridge and the dopey installer didn't put in the filter for the water (Jack put it in when he got home, dumb me just thought they gave you an extra!) then he didn't test it to see if it leaked. I remember watching him connect it, ask for a glass then say, "No, it looks fine and give it 24 hours before it will make ice and work properly because the tubing is old." I should have thrown a fit, but what the heck do I know about it. Wellllllllll, the puppy has been leaking since we got it (at the site where you attach the water to the fridge) I went into the bathroom on the first floor this am and there was water everywhere. I mopped it up and it kept coming. We traced it to the fridge and now our linoleum has been ruined from the water (it is old, but we can't afford to replace it right now) and I am pretty mad about the whole thing. At myself for not insisting they wait until it started working and the yutz for not completing the install, which we paid for correctly. (oh and BTW, the dope didn't have the water turned on enough for it to work, Jack did that too) Now on top of that, we thought the was seal on the downstairs toilet was broken, but now we are not sure whether it is or if it was this water seeping under the wall. What a mess. I have a whole load of towels just from mopping up! We have had more plumbing issues with this condo than anything else.

Well, I need to hop in the shower, get beautiful and go to the commissary with all the old folks. The base out here doesn't have a lot of active duty people so most of the shoppers are the retired set and I MEAN retired as in, been on Medicare for 15 years! There are more Caddys, Lincolns, and Grand Marquis in the parking lot than most car lots! Course, I have a Grand Marquis so guess I have to chalk myself up to being one of the oldsters. My daughter told me, "You know you're getting old mom when you drive around in a big a** car with a little dog." Well, we have a big car and a little dog that goes with us on trips so.........

later, girlies,

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 04-23-2004 at 09:26 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:03 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning ladies!

Faye ROFLMAO about that big car and little dog. I see it all the time at the store that I work at. About the trip I will be saving as I would love to get to meet everyone up close. Can you just imgaine the fun to be had? I will have to mark my vacation time for that week when we get the new calanders at work next year.

Mscat, have you thought about an infection in your body. I sometimes see green when I have one. Also there are certain food that will color stool as well. About the hubby being gone. I know that it is hard but everyone is right when they tell you that he is doing this for his family. Look at it this way absence makes the heart grow fonder. Richard use to work away from home when we first got married and I loved it. After all when you are not together all the time you can't quarrel and such. OK a double edge sword but think about it.

Susan mixing up the workouts will only be helpful to you. I think that your body does better that way.

Got my glider and have used it every day since I got it in. Some days twice. Last night I watch ER while on it. I like it because it is so easy to move. Right now it is in the livingroom and just might stay here for a while. Worked myself hard yesterday. After work I went to my mothers and gave her her iv meds and then weedeated and mowed her grass. Ran out of daylight before I got finished. I will have to put the rest off until Tues. I am off on Sunday but that is my day. Got cloths in the washer and I am going to get in sometime on the glider before I have to shower and get moving before work.

Have a great weekend everyone

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:31 AM   #48  

Good Morning
I'm claiming a 2 pound loss! The thing is I've been almost exactly the same since last saturday. But hey, 2 pounds is 2 pounds. AND I get to add an extra smilely to my signature! I'm back at 30 lbs total weight loss One more pound and I will have officially lost everything I gained over the winter....then...3 more and I'm half way there....AND under the obesity line! The tension is killing me!
So something I need to work on this week...to make sure I get my next goal...I'm really not doing well with food...I need to reevaluate and make better choices!

Carri - I weigh in everyday just so I can be accountable right away if I eat a huge meal the night before. Maybe you should graph the numbers so you can SEE that its an overall loss even if it fluctuates durring the week.

And Congrats to you and all on the losses! Faye - 8 pounds?!?!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:01 PM   #49  

LBS DOWN SO FAR: 14.5, SUSAN 2 LBS DOWN! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!

Susan: When I do everything I am supposed to do, I lose very very quickly. When I started Jan of 2003 I lost 63 lbs in 3 months! My problem is eating out and if I keep my heiny home and eat then I stay on my program and lose lose lose.

Please keep in your prayers, Marie Tillman and the Tillman family. Mr. Tillman was an NFL football player who enlisted in the elite Army Rangers after returning from his honeymoon in 2002 right after Sept 11. He gave up a $9 million contract to serve his country and the news out today is he died in a firefight in Afghanistan. He was only 27 years old!

Man, what a shopping experience. It was raining when I left, but not badly. The commissary is about 30 miles from the house and by the time I got out onto the interstate the rain was pouring down so hard you could barely see. I got onto Singleton Parkway which goes into the base and some yahoo women in a little car decided my 40 mph wasn't fast enough went zooming around me and hit a huge lake of water in the left lane, throwing it onto my car and I was totally blinded. I couldn't see her, the cars in front of me and there were cars in back but I had to just try and slow to a crawl until I could see again. I just prayed none of the cars had slowed down too. I just wanted to smack her! Stupid woman, she is lucky she got through it alive as fast as she was going.

Well, I need to eat a little lunch. Talk to you later!

Faye
Old 04-23-2004, 02:03 PM   #50  

Hey Faye, you didn't count my little 1 pound loss.......did I piss you off with the picture comment?? Actually, I liked it because you looked drunk as a skunk in that photo, not bec. it made you look old!

Is it just me, or do you seem to be having water issues lately?? Leaking fridge, toilets, rainstorms.........calm down Faye, the pool will be open soon. You don't need to swim in your house

Congrats on the 2 pounds Susan!

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:37 PM   #51  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

I am so off plan its not funny so i'm gonna revise my scrapbook of weightloss tips and recipes this weekend and start a plan on Monday morning i hate reading about all your successes when i'm such a failure (i'm pleased for your success tho' ) i want a piece of the action again

Faye, the Chicago trip sounds fantastic i won't be able to go much as i'd love to, i'm sure you'll all have a great time

MsCat, i was going to give you a pep talk and i'm so glad that i don't need to now congrats on the 2lbs loss YOU DESERVE IT! don't think it would be the grapefruit juice that is causing your problem are you taking any vitamins/supplements that could be the culprit?
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:02 PM   #52  

OOOOOOPPPPPSSSSSS! LBS DOWN INCLUDING Julie's magnificent, terrific spectacular 1 lb loss is now a 15.5 total for the week. (ok, ok, did I redeem myself now )

Julie: Damn, I'd rather look old than drunk! Sheesh!

We are having lots of water issues and that includes me getting up 4 times during the night to PEE! Luckily, the hose only cost me $6! Now the problem is how hard will it be to remove the old copper and put on the new hose. We seem to be very unlucky when it comes to home tasks!

CAT: YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! Just because things are not going too hot for you right now, does not mean you have failed. You are looking into reshaping your plan and that is good. Remember we are all here for you and will help in anyway we can.

Gotta run and get hubby from work. At least it ain't a rainin' now! (watch, I will get in that car and drive 2 miles and it will start pouring again even with the sun out!)

Faye
Old 04-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #53  
It is what it is...

Since I normally dont make it back in to post over the busy weekend I just wanted to stop back in before the end of the workday and wish you all a great sunny weekend!!

Stay OP !!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #54  

Default Happy Friday!

I am still having green poop! I will check my temp when I get home and see if Sandy is right about an infection. I thought about what someone said about veggies but I have not had any dark veggies like spinach lately. Oh well, I feel good despite all that.

Sandy - I think you are mixing my dh with Amanda456! Mine is home (for the moment) and can't stand for me not to be home with him!

Carri - I did notice and forgot to mention the spelling of your name! My daughter's name is actually Carrianne - but I spell her nickname your way.

Congrats to everyone for such a great week!

mscat

mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:47 AM   #55  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What funny or sweet thing do you have to share with us today?

Later, ladies. I was up past midnight with a horrible thunderstorm that dumped half dollar size hail on my deck and I was afraid it was going to break my glass patio table or the windows AND it and the lightening had the pets scared so I had to baby them too so I am pooped.

Faye
Old 04-24-2004, 08:51 AM   #56  

Morning Beautiful Ladies!

I finally got a 4 point day in yesterday! Forced myself to go out for a walk late yesterday when the sun finally decided to come out for a while. It's raining now, but I noticed a couple of FLOWERS in my garden.....so that's a good sign.

Have tons of work to do before rehearsal tomorrow..........So, everyone have a great weekend!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 03:02 PM   #57  

Default Sunny Saturday

Having a great Saturday - stayed in bed with dh till 10:30 this a.m. (we are kidless this weekend). We had some great conversation and a very late breakfast.

I dropped another 1/2 lb. by the end of my Friday! Go figure. I think the bowflex workout and the extra protein is helping. In addition, I started out the day working to get my water in by drinking 24 oz upon rising. I tried to stay on my program but developed a swollen tongue and sore throat in the evening which made it impossible for me to eat and drink! It was a struggle to eat my last meal in the evening so I had to cut it short. However I did get my exercise in - a 2 mile treadmill workout! I am going to register for the 5k in the Race for the Cure!

My sunny, sweet thought for the day!

My dh's best buddy lives out of state and they don't get to see each other often. I hold hubby to go ahead and take the road trip with his friend during the July 4 weekend instead of attending my high school reunion and a family wedding with me. He was so overwhelmed that he told me I was the most awesome woman he has ever known and I was never going to be able to get rid of him!

Needless to say, we are having a great weekend. Hope everyone's weekend is just as great! mscat
Old 04-25-2004, 09:36 PM   #58  

Default Working out late!

Just a quickie now that the server is up! Stayed at home all day and worked with dh to change his oil, filter, and air filter on the cobra. We just got in from shopping and getting ready to squeeze in an upper body workout on the bowflex before we have turkey burgers - yum

I am still frustrated with my lack of loss but I am determined not to give up! Boy this is the hardest thing I have ever been through. We weigh in on upper body day and I am up to 230 again. Fortunately, I don't have to get back on the scale until next Sunday so I am going to just work hard and pray that we will see some results in the next week. All I want to do is crack 220 by the time we take off for Disneyworld on the 14th. Once I get beyond that I know nothing can stop me. I almost made it a few months back when I got down to 222 one week.

Have a great evening everyone!

mscat
Old 04-26-2004, 06:53 AM   #59  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US ON #65