Old 04-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies!!

Jana--Nothing like boosting your spirits when the hubby comments about the a$$!! Just kind of keeps you going doesn't it?

Angie--You were at rehearsals? Does that mean you got the part or is this a different play all together? I had to laugh about the friends walking ya!! Nothing like having your friends around to support you!

Cristi--Arthritis? I'm sorry. Hopefully they can suggest something to give you to ease the pain. James was told that eventually he'll have arthritis in his ankle and pelvis later on after his car accident. PELVIS? I guess you can get arthritis anywhere? So he tries to keep healthy to prevent this from happening. (although at times his ankle really bothers him)

Susan--The weather is suppose to be nice by the weekend? I hope so. Maybe for the northern part of Oregon!! Right now it's FOOOGGGYYY!! That can be worse than rain sometimes!

Morning to the rest of you girls. Pop in soon at catch us up on what you've all been doing.

Well I have to say...I've been doing great these last three days. My snacking is under control. I'm doing my crunches and some other form of exercises everyday. And the only thing I have to REALLY work on is the smoking. But I can only deal with one thing at a time. (no excuse I know, but I will take it for now) So I'm hoping that I can keep this attitude up and start getting into shape.

Alrighty ladies.....I have to get finish getting ready for school. Class starts at 8:30. Adv. Word today and then later its Records Management. Then NO SCHOOL tomorrow!!! Teachers in service day!! Who knew college had those days too!! So I will be picking Jhanai up later tonight and take her to school tomorrow. How fun. I miss taking her to school.

Have a great day and I will try to peak in later.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good afternoon ladies~

Goofy me got up early this morning thinking today was the mammogram. Got ready and then looked at the calendar and saw that it is the 22nd. Had to go check the appt. card because somewhere I saw the 29th for something. Sure enough my appt. is the 29th! My day has been off and goofy since. I am blaming it all on menopause.

Jana~yes, I do love the angel, and I think I may have to go get it. WTG on getting in those new jeans! Yippee!! I am doing the happy dance for ya. And an a$$ complement to boot! Neal is definitely a keeper! He seems like such a sweet, kind man and so in love with you. You know nothing seems to help when my arm/shoulder/wrist hurts. It actually starts from my neck and goes down. Today though it is only the wrist and hand. I may try the Aleve-I too don't care for taking meds and I don't want to have to for the rest of my life. I am hoping physical therapy will help-not sure what it entails but will find out Tuesday. That poor woman, how horrible to die that way, and her son was in the car. That is just so sad.

Marti~arthritis in the pelvis and ankle, ouch! My right arm is virtually worthless because of this, of course being on the computer doesn't help. I told Vince I need to learn to use my left arm/hand. Glad you were fine after the wiper ordeal, that really is scary. I had an incident where I was out of water and a truck drove by and splashed mud on my window. It wasn't a lot but enough that the window was a mess. So what do I do, I turn the wipers on to clean it only to find I have no water and all I did was smear the mud-scary not being able to see when you are driving down the road.

Angie~I am glad you have someone to walk with, it always makes it nicer, not as boring. Isn't that the way things usually happen, you don't want to sell your home now and sure enough you probably will. Is there any way you guys can get out of the contract?

Susan~I think a church group would be a good thing, a good way to meet people, not just guys, and always something going on. When does Rachel get back from outdoor school? I bet she is having a fun time.

Okay, I am on day 4 of staying OP and doing good. First day was easy, second day was fine, but the third day-yikes! But I made it through it and am on day 4 and going strong. I am so wanting to weigh myself to see if I have moved the scales, in the right direction of course. But I haven't and won't until Saturday morning. We had that terrible storm last night and it is cloudy today. I think they are supposed to stick around till the weekend, ick. Just when I get gung ho about doing yard work. Oh well...

Hi to everyone else. Take care ladies and have a nice day.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

I just got home from school.....I know I said I would do exercises before anything, but not to worry....I'm getting ready for that. It is just an absolute GORGEOUS day out today and it has put me in such a great mood!! Plus I have some things that need to be done today before I pick up Jhanai that I'm not sure when I will be able to come in and post.

Where is everyone lately???

I had a test today in Adv. Word. I think I did pretty good. And in records management I've gotten high scores on everything so far so I'm pulling a good A in that class. What a great way to end the week!!

This morning I sent the letter to my son's mom. I didn't get a call last night but that could be that James and I both were on the phone a lot last night. (since when are we so popular to get phone calls?) But I'm hoping they get the letter by tomorrow. They only live in Portland so it's not too far. I asked them if they were to travel south anytime soon, to stop by my grandparents for a visit. (and yes, they've all met so it wouldn't be strangers knocking on her door) I hope to hear from them soon.

On my way to my car today, the college had an Earth Day Party going on in one of the fields. Playing music and there were some recylers going through garbage.(that didn't look fun) but the music was loud and fun!! Great atmosphere today.

Ok...I've got to get things going. My weekends starts now and I need to take advantage of it!!

Talk to you girls later
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:03 PM   #49  
One day at a time

Just a quick check while I have a few minutes before CSI. I am feeling good about being OP and did great today. I fixed meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner tonight but it is too much work figuring the points that I had a Healthy Choice dinner, and I didn't even finish it. One because I wasn't really hungry and two it wasn't so great. I love peas & carrots but have found that the ones in some of the frozen dinners aren't so good. The goofy thing is after I fixed dinner for the family I remembered my WW cookbook in which it has a recipe for meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and the points! DUH!!! Oh well, I wasn't too hungry and I really didn't miss it. I like the healthy choice frozen entrees, but WW is better. I do have some in the freezer too. And since I have been craving dessert after I eat on most days I bought some of the WW carrot cake, and key lime desserts. I even did some exercise today, only 15 minutes but it's a start. I did 5 mns. each on the weights, the exercise bike and the treadmill. I am going to stick with 15 mns. for now till I get used to working out again and then add 5 mns., get used to that, add 5 more mns. etc. Overall, today was a good day, but I am pooped.

Marti~I do hope that if they can't make a trip to see grandma that they do at least send a photo. I think that would make your grandma's day. (((((HUGS))))) to her. I'm glad the weather there is nice. I think we got your fog. Got up this morning and it was cloudy but as the day went on it got foggy and drizzly (is that even a word?) oh well-it has been ugly all day.

Oh, I just noticed it's 8 o'clock-I can't miss CSI or Without A Trace. Take care everyone where ever you are. See ya ladies tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:44 PM   #50  
RosieKate

Hey there - M.N.J. mentioned there were Oregonians in this forum, so I thought I come over and say "Hi"
I live in Southwest Portland with Mr. RosieKate and DS (7), and DD (2). Dh is a teacher, I'm a SAHM ( ormer teacher). We are having some gorgeous weather - I spent some time poking around in my veggie garden today. Not much to speak of, yet. Didn't get my walk in, but am still on track to get my 5x in this week.
Started the week with a gain, but the last two days, I have felt more in control of my food, so that's a good thing. My weigh in day is Monday.
Big news - I started getting organic produce delivered today. I read an article in the Trib about a local family who deliver organic produce and it was surprisingly affordable. So I signed up! the bin had lots of goodies - all very fresh. And nothing real strange that my picky kids won't touch. I'm hoping this will contribute to the no-fail environment I'm trying to cultivate.
Look forward to chatting some more...
Katy
Old 04-22-2004, 10:21 PM   #51  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya Ladies,

Marti - yay for you getting good grades! Neal is counting down the days til school is over, lol. Seems funny for the prof to do that! Now you be sure and help James exercise that pelvis!

Cristi - wow, you are doing great staying OP and doing exercises! I love the Lean Cuisine dinners. The grilled chicken and penne pasta, the fetticini w/brocolli; and the steak tips dijon are my favorites. And the WW points are printed on the side. I eat them for lunch sometimes, or when Neal and Katie have something I don't want to waste points on.

RosieKate - WELCOME to our little corner of the world!!! We have a Kathy, a Katie, a Kat and a Kayecee already - how do you feel about being called Rosie?? LOL!! The organic produce sounds great. Tell us more about yourself when you want to....

Susan - where are you??

I made our reservations with Disney World today for next March. We'll be staying in one of their budget hotels, but it's new. - Pop Century, in the 60's building, right by the Hippy Dippy Pool.

I didn't do much worth talking about today... same old same old. Had fun with Makenzie, though. Can't believe tomorrow is Friday already... where did the week go?

Goin' to the arcade,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:26 PM   #52  
kitty Momo

Evening-

Hi Katy!!! How exciting to have another Oregonian

I live in NW((close to the Rose Gardens)) but my kids are in SW- close to Gabriel Park on Vermont- not sure you are familiar with that area? Anyway, I was in Multnomah Village for a while been in NW for a year now.
Though ((( I know...she gets my whole life Oregon story now...lol))) I grew up in Beavercreek and lived on the coast near FT Stevens for 11 years- miss the coast so much.

So, WELCOME!!

I am 40 and mom to three daughters((12- 11 and 2)).One goes to Maplewood and the other to Gray.I work for HAP and hope to go full time next week or by May 1st- not sure which.

Jana- CONGRATS on the pants!! Really am sure it is a thrill to have your weight loss reflect in the clothes you can now wear-
Your Neal is a sweety .....

Cristi- So happy you were able to talk with the nurse!!

Marti- Hope you hear from your son's mom- would be so great if they could make the trip down south.

Ang- I don't know what to say about you....lol. I miss you- got your card even though you sent it to an old address-...lol....glad you have super friends in Calgary- wish we lived closer!!!!!!

Rita- Kathy- KAt- Katie- Shanna- Carree- Sassy- Kayecee.......omg- I am going to forget someone - sorry!! Hope you all POST soon - miss you

I had a good day. I am at work now. I had a peanut butter toast/ with Atkins shake/banana for breakfast- nice albacore salad for lunch (( though what you talked about Jana- that sounds so good- I will try it)) and breast of chicken with rice and veggies for dinner- tons of water and even a can diet coke- tasted so good- had been months.......and walked.

Rachel comes home tomorrow!! She has been at outdoor school for those just popping in.....

I guess that is it. Just wanted to say hello-

TTFN

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-22-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #53  
RosieKate

OK Susan - I live in Multnomah and DS goes to Maplewood (1st grade)! Small world, huh... What's HAP? I tell you we live at Gabriel Park! The kids do a lot of stuff at the Community Center. I just booked us campsites on the coast for a summer vacation, so I know the feeling of needing to see the ocean. I grew up in Salem, but have been in the Portland Metro area, with the exception of a few years at UO, for 20 + years.
What a fun thread.

Marti - thanks for directing me here from Buddy Up, hope your classes aren't too hard with all the beautiful weather we're having. Used to distract me quite a bit when I was a student.

I'm looking forward to posting more and getting to know more of you so I can comment individually

I hope to get a walk in today. Sneak peek at the scales says I got rid of the 2 lbs I put on last week, so I'm feeling pretty good about my food plan. Drinking the extra water and green tea has helped. And no beer! We'll see how long that lasts....
Old 04-23-2004, 11:18 AM   #54  
RosieKate

Susan......Housing Authority? It just hit me
Old 04-23-2004, 11:42 AM   #55  
One day at a time

DO NOT POST HERE! PLEASE join us at the chit Chat #44. See ya there!