Old 04-12-2004, 11:11 PM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #63

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

[COLOR=purple] FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE! [/COLOR
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:18 PM   #2  

Good evening girls! Sorry I didn't get in here today as I had planned to start the thread proper again, but dd and her car problems had us shuttling her around then we went and spent $1300 on a new fridge, paint, wallpaper etc to start work on the condo and get it into shape and on top of that, I have 50 bazillion loads of laundry to try and get caught up!

I have to go get dd at midnight again so I am not going to stay on long. I promise to be back here in the morning with a target tuesday and get us all back in line. Looks to me like when the drill sergeant is away the chubby chickies stay away!

**BTW, my new fridge has all these cool drawers for dairy, fruits, meats and the like so I will be able to keep them better and not have them go bad so quick so I am hoping to really get back to eating healthy again quick. My goal is 130 lbs by Jan 1 2005.

Have a great evening and see you in the morning!

Faye
Old 04-13-2004, 06:38 AM   #3  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and lets make our target for 2 weeks and push to do really well until the end of the challenge. We only have a couple weeks girls to earn that gift card so let's work hard!

Later, sweeties!

Faye
Old 04-13-2004, 08:22 AM   #4  
Zookeeper

Hi Faye,

I'd love to join this thread. Your "working to change my brain" quote really hits home! I never even thought about losing weight in such a positive way, so count me in!!

My Tuesday target is to get up early enough to exercise 5 days a week. If I don't get it in in the morning I just get lazy in the evenings.

I have a restaruant dinner tomorrow and I'm already dreading it, in a way. How sad - I should enjoy someone else cooking for me! It's just hard to choose wisely and then eat moderately.

Have a great Tuesday!

Jessica
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:20 AM   #5  
It is what it is...

Hi, Everyone, sorry I have been MIA for the last few days, I did what most of you did and totally pigged out on Easter, so as you all said back to work now...

Faye - Glad you had a great time, and glad you made it back safely..

Zookeeper - welcome ( hey all didnt we have another zookeeper once?? )
glad to have you...although if you are going to stay it might be nice of you to change your avatar from mine, ha ha

Julie - Snow? Still? Sorry about that...Spring has got to come soon for you

My allergies have been absolutely horrible since the weather got warmer, they say the pollen is extremely high right now...no prescription my Dr gives me seems to work, I am at my witts end...( I guess I should have kept this for Weds woes but it bothering me right now )

Have a good day, check in later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:28 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone!

rainy and cold today.....better than snow!

4 points yesterday! and on track today. I'm really working hard to not eat after 7pm, at least on the days I have dinner on time. I usually eat dinner around 6 and then start the night time munchies around 7 or 7:30. I've especially noticed that I pick at the leftovers before I put them away. Hmmmm, guess I need to put them away before we eat! Oh, and if I put away alot, then there's less to eat at dinner. I always overestimate how much to cook because I don't follow recipes, just throw things together. So we end up getting 2nds and 3rds because it's there. Something to think about.

Carrie......Work hard this week! I want to celebrate your 100's party on Friday!!!!!!! You're sooooooo close! Hope your allergies get better.

Well, guess I better get going. Welcome Jessica! These are a great bunch of gals.

Have a day everyone!!!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #7  

Good Morning
Welcome to the new Zookeeper!

I had an ok work out yesterday but not my usual. I was just...bored. Even though I was mixing up machines...so today i'm going to try a different room in the gym just for kicks and see if that works. I was also very tired all of yesterday so that might be it too.

I went to my 1st rehearsal for the play OSU is putting on. I LOVE props, but it can really wear you down. we wre running all over the place last night...This is why I lost 15 pounds the last musical I did!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #8  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Ladies,
Welcome Zookeeper.

I think we may have finally found spring. It is supposed to be in the 70s this weekend. (First time since last year, ok. I am excited)

Unfortunatly between now and this weekend it is supposed to rain everyday, so it looks like I will be running in the rain. Have I mentioned that I hate running. It is a good thing that H keeps me going otherwise this running thing may be just another failure.

Still 190 looks good on the scale. I hope it will soon start looking good in the mirror.

Have a great day all.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:43 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Faye, i loved your pics what a handsome couple your son and daughter in law make i got married in Vegas btw did you try Harrah's buffet? in my opinion the best place to eat on the Strip also one of the most fattening too i might add

Carri, yes we did have another Zookeeper (Lisa a.k.a Zookeeper16) i thought for a minute that she'd come back anyway, WELCOME Jessica

I have succumbed to Cadbury's Creme and Caramilk eggs thought i was going to get away with it because there was'nt any left at the store and then i went to another one and was surrounded by them whats a girl to do? OK, don't tell me i already know the answer but the flesh was weak good job this is only once a year i'm currently working in the garden so using that hoe will burn some calories.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening girls!

Welcome Jessica! This is a great place to be I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

Faye, my my what wonderful pics you have my dear! Sounds as if Vegas was good to you. How is your dd doing? Hope that she is doing good.

Been MIA over the holiday, work. Plus, one of my cousions died. He suffered so bad for so long so now he is at peace at least. Ah Easter didn't hold none of the good candy for me I think that I had watergate cake to take the place of the candy. Overall I think that it could have been worse. I splurged and ordered myself a glider and I get it sometime before the 19th can't wait. The stair climber just isn't bad leg friendly.

Carrie....100ville here u come.

Susan, wish that I could be there with you while the play is in progress. Miss that so much. Musicals oh well they are not high up there on my list of faves but hey right now I would take it.

Just checking in before bed hope that everyone has a super day

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:55 PM   #11  

One more pic. My baby boy and his Mama in front of one of the strip hotels, but who the heck knows which one, we walked past so many! They had the most wonderful wedding and reception and it was all great fun. I got my ego massaged over and over by Jay's friends (all 30 somethings) telling me how beautiful and gorgeous I was in the dress. My nephew, who is almost 40 and I haven't seen in almost 2 years told me how great I looked and to keep up the good work. My beautiful shoes stayed in the hotel though because the heat swelled my hands and feet and the shoes were too tight so a quick run to the shoe store for a pair of cute satin slides and it still came out ok!

Julie: You are doing fabulous! Keep up the great work!

Jessica: Welcome to our jolly group. We have a lot that come in and out (some stay out too long, hint to those of you lurking and not posting because you ate too many peeps chicks this weekend! )

I got my new fridge today, did 10 loads of laundry and still about 3 to finish up! I hung new curtains in the living room and dining room and started painting the downstairs bathroom. I am doing the dining room in yellow and green with one wall being wallpapered with sunflowers and a sunflower border around the whole top of the room. The rest of the room is a sunflower yellow paint. My chairs have yellow chairpads and placemats with tiny sunflowers on them then the napkins are an olive type green and gold napkin rings. The downstairs bath is two shades of aqua with off white bath rug etc. The upstairs hall is the same yellow only 2 shades lighter with a wallpaper border "chair rail of a garden type scene." I have the upstairs hall bath to repaint a lighter lavender (I got an orchid the first time and it is too bright) Anyway, that tells you a little of what I have been doing today, but it keeps me out of the food and I LOVE to decorate.

I missed you girls so much, but it was so expensive to use the phone to dial up while we were gone. If any of you ever go to Vegas, be sure and make reservations at the Orleans hotel, which is just off the strip about a mile. I will include pics of our room tomorrow to show you how big it was. We paid $60 a night for Sunday through Thur and $109 a night for Friday and Sat night. Fabulous service and great food.

Cat: No we didn't eat at Harrahs. We ate 3 times at the buffet at our hotel, went to Olive Garden once, In and Out burger once, the Courtyard Cafe at our hotel for most breakfast days (they had great fruit, cereal, bagels etc selections along with regular eggs etc,) we went to Sambas in the Mirage, which is a Brazillian restaurant and was very good. Jay and Alicia got married at the Candlelight chapel (I here that was Britney's choice as well! ) which is right next to the Riviera on the strip and the reception was at Tony Roma's at the Stardust across the street.

Well, enough blabbing. Here is the pic:
Old 04-14-2004, 06:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Looking good there Faye!!!!!!!!! I think that if it were me I wouldn't have wanted to leave. While you are in the decorating mood you could always come here to KY and paint my walls for me. LOL! I am going to do the walls sometime but I am going to wait until the end of April/first of May to do so. I want it warm enough to leave the windows open so that the house can air out as well.

Getting a great start on the day..now to make sure that the rest of the day goes as well. Here's to a wonderful day..........will check in later with my woe.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:37 AM   #13  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes so what can we help you with today?????

My woe, I came home from Vegas and promptly started my period! ICK! Man, one of these days I should be through with this stuff!

Hope everyone does well today! talk at you later!

Faye
Old 04-14-2004, 07:59 AM   #14  

Good Morning lovelies!
4 points for yesterday......woo hoo! I had a weird day and just didn't feel like eating. And when I was cooking dinner for everyone, the smell of the meat (chicken) just turned my stomach. I may be headed into another one of my vegetarian phases. It happens every few years where I just can't stand to eat meat for a while. So, I just go with the flow.....my body knows best.

My woe today is that I have to go to the dentist. I actually made a voluntary appointment, not one where I was in so much pain that I HAD to. I have a temp. filling that was supposed to be replaced this time last year, but I chickened out. I'm trying to be a "grown up" and just do what needs to be done to get my body healthy.......But GEEEZZ I hate going to dentists!!! Needles give me nightmares, for real. Today is only an exam and xrays....but I've never gone to an appt. where I didn't end up with a needle in my mouth.

Oh well, deep breaths.........go to my happy place.

Faye your pics are great! I'm so glad you had such a great time, you deserve it!

Sandy, congrats on the glider! It will be much friendlier to your body than a stair climber for sure.

Cat...don't worry about the cadbury eggs. Look at it this way, there aren't any more candy oriented holidays from now until Halloween! So, that gives you until about the beginning of August before the stores stock up on candy corn

Knobhdy...can't wait till I can say "190 looks pretty good"! Keep up the great work!

Carrie where are you today? You're gonna hit those 100s this week, I just feel it in my bones! (Hey, I can feel my bones..........COOL!)

Well, gotta go now.
Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:44 AM   #15  
Zookeeper

Default Avatar 2, the sequel!!

Hi all,

Carri, sorry to hear about your allergies - I've taken shots for years and it's helped, but there are still times when nothing seems to work. Hope they get better quick!

Julie, I'm the same with cooking quantities. I try to dish out what I should eat and then tupperware up the rest. Doesn't always happen, but I think it helps. Good for your 4 points! I'm not doing well with exercising, so I'm stuck at 3 points the past few days.

Susan, I used to be in a lot of plays and LOVED it!! How exciting! Great job in your work outs! I love the elliptical cross trainer, so that's usually my first choice. I make a lot of different workout CDs to keep the beat going and my legs pumping.

Knobhdy, I'm inspired that you run - I used to run years ago and stayed in good shape. I would like to try to get into it again, it's just so hard and discouraging at first when I can't get far without stopping.

Cathy, I totally understand the chocolate fix. Lately I've been taking ONE Hershey's kiss when I leave work and then I savor it for as long as I can. I want another one, but, oops, they are back at work and I don't have any more. Ah, the games I play. I'm looking forward to gardening, too. I hope the weather here is as nice as I've been hearing.

Sandy, sorry to hear about your cousin but glad the suffering is over and he is smiling on you from heaven. I am excited for your glider - I can't wait to hear about it.

Faye, you sound like one of the busiest people I know! Glad you had fun in Vegas - we went there for our honeymoon, and really enjoyed it. You look great!

Wow, this was long - sorry! It's only 842am and I already have a woe for Weds. I went to bed early so I could get up and exercise, but I was up for an hour in the middle of the night with a migraine. The medicine I took helped somewhat, but makes me groggy. I slept in and my migraine is still lingering. So much for exercise. Maybe I'll get a walk in later if I feel better. Blah! Well, at least it is sunny Hope everyone has a great day!

Jessica
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote