Old 04-15-2004, 09:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Just a quick post before I get my flylady day started, lol. I really am addcited. Did I tell you all I got my kitchen sink to shine?! It's beautiful!!! LOL. Her first thing for you to do in the morning is get dressed down to the shoes. Well I always get dressed in the morning because I don't feel like I can function unless I'm dressed, but I don't believe in wearing shoes in my house (tracks in too much stuff) and I love to be bare feet. But she doesn't have to know that (shhhhhhhh!) But anyway, I can't get all dressed yet today until I make my bed and grab a shower, then on to the cleaning! Ok, enough about that...

Geri you snuck in on me last night as I was posting so I didn't see you! I think you have made a great descision about late night snacking. It was hard for me to keep on you about it because it wasn't affecting your progress and you weren't going over board with it. But I agree that making better choices is a great idea! I never eat after 5-6 pm and usually don't have a problem with it, but sometimes like the other night I was starving and couldn't figure out why if I would have had any pts to spare I would have had a snack. So don't feel guilty about anything, you are doing fantastic!! Your garden sounds good. I would like to start an indoor herb garden. fresh herbs are so expensive and I love cooking with them. But I wouldn't know where to begin.
Penny CONGRATS!!!!!! You deserve it! I can't wait until my Wi tomorrow too. How is the drying up going?
Crystal, so sorry you are having such a rough night. Was it your son that has the asthma so you can't let him cry it out?? That would be so hard for me. Tanner has slept through the night since he was 8 weeks old (due to crying it out for 3 days off and on) and I need that. I don't function well if I am up too much at night. I only get up now if one of my other two wake up for some reason (like bad dreams) or need some water, but that is rare. Hang in there!
Michelle, my wisdom teeth really need to come out too. They've bothered me since I was 18 but I've never gone to the dentist since I was about 14-15 years old. (bad I know) but by the time I'm ready to break down and make an appointment they stop hurting so I back out like a wimp. But I need to get in there, who knows what else is going on in this mouth, lol. I hope it goes well for you and you get a painfree recovery.
Mary, sounds like your son enjoyed the gym daycare! And you got a great workout in too! Hope you get to go back today. Just remember that if you lifted weights yesterday to avoid that today so your muscles can heal. Have fun!

Ok, enough me-time I suppose. Got to get my bed made and myself in the shower. The kids rooms are on my list to clean today and they are terrible. I asked in my last post how you all keep your kids rooms tidy. Do you clean them daily or make them clean up after themselves or something. I think I need to make them pick up their rooms before bed time but by bedtime I am ready to crash and don't want to be a warden anymore. I just want to get them in bed, read to them, kiss them till they sqeal and call it a night. So how do I keep their rooms looking nice??
Ok, gotta go!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #17  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile I am a FLYBABY, too!!

Have been for 3 years, and yes, it is LIFE CHANGING in so many ways!! For those of you that have AIM/AOL instant messenger, we have a chat room where we do cleaning challenges together throughout the day that is open to anyone. My AIM name is CindiKicksFranny add me to your list, and I will invite you in when I am on. Crystal joined us today, hope she likes it!

As far as the kids rooms, I am working with my little ones to pick up after themselves. But what works best for me is to tidy it myself at bedtime and vacuum(I am a vacuuming fool!!!), I try to get them to pick up daily, but my hope is that if I keep the room really clean, then they will follow suit and do the same. If I stay on top, it's never more than 15 minutes away from clean anyway, so I try hard to do so. Thanks to flylady I did a mad cleaning dash through my house in 40 minutes las night and did every room. I just need to do some sanitizing and my last load of laundry today and I am FLYIN! Before the program it would have taken me DAYS to get my house to look as it does now.

I can't decide if I even want to weigh with TOM here, if it's bad, I might have a set back. It's not a very accurate reflection of my progress at this point I am sure. I think I am over the crazies and can focus on taking better care of myself again now though. I made it through without too many infractions, so I can't complain. I didn't realize how much help the support here would be for me. I love this forum!!

Now let's go exercise! I think I will do WATP today at some point, likely naptime. For now I will do my weights.

Don't forget to drink up
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #18  
2BoysMom

Mom's here already...missed the last couple minutes of my 3 mi walk ...she know's I was a little PO'd!! TTYL! Congrats Penny!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #19  

Default Good Morning!(almost afternoon)

I am not having a good morning. My 10yo trys my patience. I have to pray a lot. I made pancakes this morning and woke them up. Erik comes stomping in the kitchen saying he's starving and grabs the plate and then gets mad when I wouldn't let him use half the bottle of syrup. Then he sat on the couch and threw the phone which was in his way. I made him go to his room. He calmed down but now I feel like a heel. Nathan on the other hand sits at the table like a little grown up and says thank you, Mama. And he's 2! Sometimes its so hard not to show favoritism. Nathan makes me feel like a good mother, but I can never do anything right with Erik. Sorry for the rant.
Well, I slept way too late this morning. When I sleep too late I end up having bad dreams over and over. My 2yo is usually up by 8:30 which gets me up, but strangely he decided to sleep till 10 this morning. So guess who else slept. I was having this dream that me and dh decided to get a divorce. And I was so upset but get this I wasn't upset because he was leaving me, I was upset because I would have to leave the beautiful mansion on the beach we had just purchased. Is that messed up or what?

Well I got on the scale this morning and I have lost a pound. Down to 157! If I just stick to it and quit cheating so much I know it will come off. Losing it has never really been a problem, I just always gain it back. Not this time.

Crystal-thanks, I don't have a dutch oven maybe thats the problem. But I'm still gonna try it in my oven. Sorry about you night. Neither one of mine ever slept through the night till they were about 10 mo. I don't miss those days.

Penny-WTG

Spryng-My 2yo doesn't have a room, but when he spreads his toys across the living room I usually have to get down and make it look like its fun and get him to help and then usually by then he will clean it up by himself. Most times I give him a little reward or praise. Now, my 10yo old is a different story. I usually have to bribe him. Or make him sit in his room till he decides to do it. But thats a totally different age. I think Erik is entering the teen moodiness early.

Ya'll have got me so curious. I'm going right now to check out flylady. Then off to the gym.
Ta-Ta
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny - WTG on the 3.5 lb loss!!!! I'm so happy for you keep up the hard work Yes I love fitday it has exactly what I was trying to make on a spreadsheet the other night!! I may even try to find the software at staples or office max If I do I'll copy discs for anyone who wants them and doesnt particularly care about pirating lol.

Crystal - I know what you mean about the crying all night thing well maybe not crying but the up and down act, It gets really frustrating, I've been in that boat but my 6 month old is doing well and when she does wake up I just go pop the bottle in her mouth and she's out again.

Well I need to hop in the shower and get ready for the dentist. EEKKKSSS!!! I'm not ready I hope I recover fast my sister was up and running the next day still in pain but she could function but my mom she was down for a week cuz she got dry sockets. I too peeked at the scale but I wont say anything til sunday I was quite pleased though

Everyone have a wonderful day and I hope to be on later tonight.
Take Care
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:54 PM   #21  
SAHM of 3

Smile I hate these shoes!!!

I'm following flylady's advice and have had my shoes on ALL day. I hate it. I can't wait to kick them off. My feet are hot and restrained. However, it has made a world of difference in my work. I haven't stopped to sit down very much. It works to keep you going. You can't get to comfy with them on. But I'm fixing to take a nap, since I didn't sleep much last night, and these dern shoes are coming off.
So, for those of you doing this flylady thing, do you follow exactly what she suggests? I catch myself going from one room to another and another. When I start it's hard to stop when not EVERYTHING is clean. I'm trying to understand the concept one zone at a time. But each zone lasts a week out of a month so does that mean we actually DEEP clean each room once a month? That's what I try to do anyway. I do get backed up on laundry sometimes and mopping so I can see how flylady may help out there. How are the rest of you following it? I'm thinking about taking what I've learned from the reminders and her site and the welcome letter and making my own plan that her reminders will fit into. I'm not sure, what about all of you?

Spryng- I've had the same problem with keeping my kids room clean. My daughters' share and Ally is just now getting old enough to understand the concept of picking up and such. I've tried to set the rule about every night before bedtime it will be picked up but I just can't stick to that. I feel bad because, Alisa gets stuck cleaning all of it even the messes that both Ally and Andrew make. So sometimes I'll help out to cover their portion. Usually once a day I make both of them go pick it up enough to be able to walk in there and once or twice a week they clean under beds and in the closet and such. We have gone through their toys a few times and gotten rid of ALOT which helped. I mean ALOT. Alisa is a pack rat and wants to keep EVERYTHING. So I got her this special little box that is just for her things, when it's full she'll have to go through it and starting trashing some or something. They have one rubbermaid box (shoe box size) with barbies and barbie things. The car won't fit. Another rubbermaid the same size with baby doll accessories and a play baby crib that the babies lay in. A bookshelf with 2 shelves for books and 2 for the little noise makers. Andrew has one toy box in the living room corner, all his toys are just chunked in there. Except we have an entertainment center that has like 1500 shelves and the bottom ones that Andrew can reach hold some of his big toys. That keeps them occupied and with things he can get versus, breakables and tearables and such. When I was a teenager, I kept my room M-E-S-S-Y!!! So now it's coming to haunt me. My suggestion is to just get rid of ALL the toys that maybe they haven't played with in a few months. I also keep a few others way up high that they only get to play with by asking and as soon as they're done, it goes back up high. There is no ONE solution just little things to help control it. Now then, there you go!!!

Mary, hope your day starts to turn around. I think the older kids get the tougher it definitely gets. Congrats on the loss!!!

I hope I had my notes right.
Okay it's nap time, because I've got flylady on the mind and shoes on my feet. I want rid of both for the next hour.

Hope everyone's day is going well.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:04 PM   #22  

Whoops I didnt realize we were on page 2 of the thread already lol.

Mary - sorry to hear you kinda had it out with your son. I hope it gets better, and you ARE'NT a bad mom Hang in there.

Spryng - I'm hoping that by having my wisdom teeth removed it will maybe get rid of my migraines so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Cindi - I tried the keeping the room picked up and maybe they will....but it didn't work with my daughter in fact it ticked her off lol she didn't like me putting away her stuff its almost as if she likes living in a pig sty lol. Well I wish you luck on your WI I'm sure you'll do great!! Keep it up!

Ok I think I got everyone this time!!
Take Care!!
Old 04-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi Girls!

To all the American Idol fans who replied to my last message, I love Fantasia, LaToya, George, & Jennifer (those are my top picks). I also love JPL because I think he is cute and funny, but I agree with Simon that he needs voice lessons, I think his voice would sound great with a little training. I agree that John Stevens has reached his limit. I think Diana Degarmo and Jasmine are good singers, but they are not my faves.

You all have me excited about the Fly Lady site. I had heard of it before but had not visited. Now I simply must, I'm always looking for ways to have a neater yet simpler life.

Penny-great job with your WI, that must be feeling great...it is nice to go down to the next group of tens.

Crystal-Your roast sounds good. That is basically a recipe, it is just one you made yourself. Cooking meat with wine is always delicious. I don't drink wine, so I usually buy the cooking wine at the store. Do you do that, or is the actual stuff better to use?

Geri-I think that is a good idea with a light snack in the evening. Sometimes you just need a little something. Maybe if you actually plan that in, it will be less of a concern.

Spryng-That's funny, I had just thought of starting an herb garden. If you or anyone else has suggestions that would be great. I think it would be wonderful, because fresh herbs are so flavorful, wonderful for low fat cooking, but I never buy them because they are expensive and I know I won't use it all before it goes bad. Oh yeah, I like barefoot a lot better than shoes, and it is actually better for your feet.

Mary-Good job with getting to the gym. I work out at home now, but pre-pregnancy I used to go to the gym almost daily. A lot of times I would bring a snack with me because of time constraints. You might want to try a little dry fruit and nuts, it is portable, quick energy, healthy and easy to eat. Just eat about 2T. of both though because those are calorie-dense foods.

Cindi-TOM is hard. Don't be too hard on yourself whether you decide to weigh in or not.

Michelle-On Atkins, do you get different amounts of carbs at different phases?
I'm glad that you are having such success!!! It is so nice to see the scale go down, I hope on Saturday I too see a smaller number!

Well, my baby is sick with that same cold that I had earlier this week. He is pretty darn fussy. Doesn't know what he wants. Right now he is sitting on my lap nawing on a dried apricot and that is keeping him happy. He loves grown up people food, but doesnt have teeth yet. Sometimes I give him a piece of fruit or bread or pasta and he kinda gums it. I have to keep a good eye on him to make sure he doesn't get too much in his mouth and choke. He is always furious at me for saving him from choking.

Well, not much apetite today again, I guess I'll use it to my advantage. A lot of times when I'm sick I end up eating junky food though because it is the only thing that sounds mildly appetizing. This time I've managed to escape that pitfall. It is a lovely day and I think I'll go for a walk with baby. That will keep him happy and be a bit of exercise for me.

Well, everyone keep up the good work!!!!
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:51 PM   #24  

You gals have been busy. JW woke up this morning before I had time to read all the post. I am going to have to check the fly lady webstie. JW is too young to make a mess yet. Our study is a disaster, I need some way to organize.

Work is going good. They are going to keep me on as long as I want. I have been bringing salads for lunch, but getting the workouts in on the days that I work are hard. Went to the gym this morning, so that feels good. Went to Wal-mart and for groceries and JW was such a sweetie.

SB is going pretty good as far as the eating. We are doing phase two b/c we cannot go completely carbless. I bought some of the Atkins shakes, had a coupon for $1.10 off, but they were still $4.50 for 4. I probably will not buy that one again.

Spryng - How exciting to have Tanner walking. JW started crawling before he could sit unsupported as well. He is starting to pull up, does that mean we will be walking next. I don't wear shoes in the house either. JW doesn't like socks or shoes either.

Crystal - So excited about the Apprentice tonight. I think Kwame will win. My dh thinks Bill. I watched Dateline and the Today show about the Apprentice. I am hooked.

Geri - You go with your Dr. Phil. It must be working. I am all for improvement. The world would not be fun if everyone was perfect. Good thought on the snacking. I just made some sugar free jello to have this evening.

Mary - Drawing a blank, did you say you had a cold?

Cindi - Did I miss it which is the GI diet? I haven't heard of that one.

Penny - I am with you on the weaning. JW is starting to play around when nursing. I don't know if that means he is not interested or not hungry. I can't wait to buy a non-nursing bra.

Ricci - Good luck with the jogging. I always give up and don't increase my stamina. I can do aerobics, but something about jogging.

Michelle - I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 20. It was awful. But my dh had his taken out at 28 and it was a breeze for him. Wish you all the luck.

Jessi - Target has a meshlike holder that I put fruits in for JW. I gave him one of those teething crackers the other day, he almost choked, it was wedged in his mouth.

Hope everyone is having a great on program day. Looking forward to hearing about the weigh ins tomorrow. JW is calling.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #25  
SAHM of 3

Alright Melinda, quick post to say I'm rootin' for Bill. Sorry. We'll see how it goes......
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:00 PM   #26  

Hi guys Im back from the dentist already and am still a little woozy and my whole face is numb but Im not feeling too bad at least until my numb wears off, I took a pain pill when I got home and now Im just kind of vegging out. The doc said I'll feel worse after today hopefully its not too bad Well just thought I would just stop in and say hi, and let you know it went well
Old 04-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #27  
soontobethin

just a quick post. I went to flylady, and lets just say, my kitchen sink has never looked better. I need to go get the sos pads to polish it up though. As for American Idol, I like George, JPL and the red haired guy. As for Fantasia, there is already one Macy Gray, and that is enough. I can't stand eithers voice. Congrats on all the weight everyone has lost, can't weight to see the weigh ins tomorrow. Have a great evening all.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #28  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Thumbs down No more JPL!!!

What's wrong with America???? I am shocked! I am disappointed...but I will not dive into anything fattening! I really think Red should be gone by now and I think he does too. I guess I hope George wins now!

I have not been very hungry today, so it's been easy to do well. Still not feeling much like exercise, maybe tomorrow I'll get that WATP in. I am having some rough months with TOM so I am wondering what is up with that. Time for a check up.

Glad you all are discovering the Flylady secret, she's one cool lady!

Congrats to the BIG LOSERS of the day, I am still thinking about the scale thing. I know I can't wait another week, so I will probably weigh in tomorrow morning and I won't expect much. I'll be happy with breaking even this week.

Melinda, the GI diet is very similar to the SBD without a phase one or induction phase. It's the foods that are lowest on the glycemic index that you can eat without limits. I was reading about it, but haven't decided if I want to try it. I really think I am going to read that whole Dr. Phil book and take it from there. I love the part I have read, and I love Dr Phil. I am seeing the results on his show and think I should really give it a fair shot. I just have to make time to read the book.

Jessi, glad you feel a little better!

Michelle, glad things went okay, take it easy!

Keep up the good work girls and we will be bikini ready in no time!!

BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:56 PM   #29  

Yayyyyyyy!!! sorry JPL fans but I hated him I am so glad he is gone and even though Im in pain I managed to let out a yelp of excitement at the outcome lol. Next week it will be John S. and then perhaps diana.

Well Im all loaded on pain pills and an ice pack and Im not feeling too bad at all lol but it took forever to stop bleeding. Well Im gonna go get some cozy jammies on and get settled for the night but Im sure I'll come back lol thats the great thing about a lap top you can use it while relaxing

Talk to you guys later
TAke Care
Old 04-15-2004, 10:07 PM   #30  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies!

I fear our monitor is about to take a dump! I may be missing in action a day or two if that happens! The screen is all distorted It is about 8 years old and I really would like a new one anyway...a bigger one. This one is still the 13.8" viewable. It's really driving Dh nuts so I suppose we'll be getting a new one very soon. We shall see.

To all of you JPL fans.......so very sorry I cannot stand him!! Red's gotta go too...SOON! I loved Diana in the begining but she's faltering quickly. LaToya's my fav for now.

Ricci, Spryng, and the rest of you cleaning freaks now I'm going to have to go to flylady! My house is seriously needing some cleaning...but we're expecting near 80 tomorrow so it won't be cleaned yet again. We were outside almost all day again. Tony didn't care much for the pack 'n play so I couldn't help my Mom out too much in the garden...she doesn't mind though...he's a good excuse I did get most of my 3 mi walk in this morning and took another bike ride tonight...gotta get my bike shorts out...ouch! The odometer works again (it was loose on teh holder and wasn't making correct contact ) and it only turned out to be a 4.3 mile ride. Oh well, my left knee cries when I peddle so I would rather take it easy and strengthen it up some before the 20 mile rides I take with my gf.

Michele, I remember those pain pills! Luckily I was single and childless at the time 'cause I just kept taking them whenever I started throbbing and I slept for 3 days! Good for the diet, but not too good if you have kids to care for! Here's to a speedy recovery!! Do not us a straw or smoke anything 'cause I had a dry socket once and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!! They are nasty.

Melinda, so happy that work is going well for you. I wouldn't worry about not working out on those days...there's plenty of time for that when JW gets a little less dependent on you at night. Maybe by then you can do a little something at home...I remember those working days though...too tired at night! Glad that SB is going well also.

Cindi..I'm doing the Dr Phil thing and I love it! It's all common sense really, but when you need to get your head out of your butt you pull out the book again and get a quick refresher course! I tend to beat myself up if I slip and he makes me not do that!

Spryng, Dh comes in tomorrow right?

Well, hi to everyone else out there..having a hard time forming words tonight...must be all that fresh air. Going to head over to the TV to catch the end of the Apprentice.

Mom's coming again tomorrow, but not quite as early ! I do like spending time with her, but my exercise time is for me you know? She was like " well, I didn't go running downstairs..you could have finished". My nephew came down right away and I don't need an audience while I jiggle (my boys don't count )

OK, have a wonderful night everyone and hope to see you more clearly soon!!! The screen is curving in from the sides.... )( kind of like that! Ikes!
Can't wait to hear of the WI tomorrow!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote