Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Talking The Race to 199! Join Us!

Hello, I took MotivatedQueen's idea (hope you don't mind, I'm a little overly excited here!) and started a new thread. Welcome! This thread is for anyone who has a goal of getting below 200 pounds.

Let's introduce ourselves and say a little something about ourselves, especially those who have been losing already, and let us know what you've been doing to get closer to that 199 mark. We are all in this together, with the same ultimate goal to lose weight and become healthier, happier people, so don't be shy!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!!!

Girlie
Old 04-13-2004, 12:27 PM   #2  
It is what it is...

Hey Girlie - I have been working my butt off literally trying so hard to get under 200.. as you can see I am very, very close...but I had a bad Easter weekend food wise and may be up a couple today, who knows...

I have been doing WW since Jan 6th of this year and have had great results, I love the program... I am bad about exercise so I do it like 2 times a week if that...I really need to work on that part, especially for firming and toning...

I cannot wait until I can see and say that I am in the 100's ( Onederland ) ...
I have not seen any 100 figures since I was like 25 ( am 30 now, married, no kids ) ... I CANNOT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:37 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

Post I guess I'll go!

Carri, welcome! You have gotten a great start! What a great motivation to see how well you are doing! You can do it for sure...and when you do, I hope you stick around and help motivate the rest of us. I was to about your weight a couple of years ago and I just gave up...and blah...look at me now! But I'm getting back on the wagon!

I am Girlie and I'm a 25 y/o newlywed. I am 5'4 but have a good deal of muscle. I was in the best shape in high school, around 150-160 pounds, on the track team, running daily and throwing shotput and discus. I want to get back to that size!

I had lost about 25 pounds a few months before my November 2003 wedding but I gained it back and more before the wedding! I decided not to stress myself out about it. I still looked great in my dress and it was still be greatest day of my life. Now that I am married, I don't want to start gaining weight again. I have PCOS which has symptoms of weight gain in certain areas, high testosterone and insulin problems, but it just might be a little harder to lose weight...but I can do it...I've done it before!

I'm not prescribing to any particular weight loss plan but I do exercise almost every day and try to eat moderate portions. I really started both exercise and watching what I eat last week. I've been alternating going to the gym and an 8 mile bike trail course that my husband and I have been doing for fun. Last night I went to the gym. I walked and stretched for a few minutes, 15 mins on the bike, 35 minutes on the elliptical machine and then 10 minutes of crunches and stretching. I want to get back to doing 60 minutes on the elliptical machine. It's a great exercise if any of you are looking for something that really burns calories. It's not boring like the treadmill is to me, kind of a mix between a treadmill and Stairmaster.

Anyway, that's about it for me! I plan to post daily throughout the work week and sometimes at home on the weekends. I look forward to meeting you!

Last edited by Girlie; 04-13-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #4  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Red face Me next! Me next!

I'm 23 years old, living with my parents until I find a real job and can pay my own bills (which hopefully will be soon soon soon!). I've always been overweight, and never been any good at losing it. I tried Atkins for a few weeks a while back, and managed to lose about 10 pounds, but that was right before I moved into a dorm, and it's not exactly easy to follow a strict diet living off of dorm food (unless your on the All-Cereal-All-The-Time diet). At least I haven't gained it back. The main problem with Atkins, though, is that it's just too hard to stick to. They say "lose weight and still eat your favorite foods!," but that's not very accurate if your favorite foods are pasta and potatoes!
Anyway, this time I'm just trying to cut back on everything, but not cut anything out. I've been trying to analyze how my body responds to different foods, how long it takes me to get hungry after eating X, things like that, and as it turns out my body works best if it has some carbs, but too many makes me tired. I'm basically making my own diet. I'm going to check out that glycemicindex.com site MQ was talking about... there may be something to that.
As far as exercise goes, I'm trying to walk my butt off. Literally.
I've been going 2 miles on the treadmill, and since I've reached my goal of 2 miles in 30 minutes, I'm going to start increasing my time until I get to 3 miles in 45 minutes. I've also started incorporating strength training, because once I shed all of this fat I want to have nice toned muscles. Skinny people with flabby muscles bother me. Besides that, muscle burns more calories than fat does, and it looks better, and it's more compact. Oh, and I try to do yoga/pilates/stretching once or twice a week, just because it feels good.

Let's see... my parents are overweight too, and my dad at least has high cholesterol. I'm trying to get them to eat healthy and exercise too, but it's not working very well. It's driving me crazy. They say, "oh, it's good you're losing weight," but they don't do anything to help, and by that I mean that when I ask Mom to bring home some healthy foods she brings me a bag of grapes and a box of Lean Pockets along with her chips and dips and Twinkies and Snickers.

Whew... that was a long one! Anything else you want to know or discuss, just ask. I'm online 2 or 3 times daily, at least, so I'll be around to comment.
Hope everyone is doing well!

~Miss Elisha

Last edited by miss_elisha; 04-13-2004 at 05:41 PM. Reason: typos annoy me
Old 04-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #5  
Allison's Mommy

Red face My Turn!

Here's my story:

I am 23 years old, mommy to Allison and wife to Scott.

Umm...where should I start?? I guess I will start with July 2000, the year I got married. I was skinny I weighed 140lbs, but I thought I was fat simply because I had curves! Fast Forward 4 years, 1 baby, and 60 lbs later! That's right I said 60lbs in 4 years. I look at my Wedding pictures now and I look anorexic compared to now!

I have never really kept track of my weight,and I don't know why!?
When I first became pregnant I weighed 199lbs, my ending weight was 226lbs. At my 6 week post partum check up (wich was 4 months ago) I weighed 206lbs. So I am thinking I still weigh around 200lbs.

I have never dieted either, so I could use all the suggestions I can get. I dont' have the best eating habits, I am working on fixing those. I never exercise, but now that the weather is warmer I am starting to walk outside. So, that is my start, I am not going to start on a diet right now, I am going to see what I can do by changing my eating habits. I would like to weigh anywhere between 130lbs-140lbs.
If you want to know anything else, ask away!
I can not wait to start losing these pounds! COME ON LETS GO GIRLS!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:01 AM   #6  
Bacon Girlie

Smile Hi Miss Elisha and Rebecca!

I'm glad that you've decided to post and I hope you continue to.

Elisha, I think it's great what you've done so far and your routine! It's hard living with people who don't exactly eat healthy foods. My husband eats bread like it's going out of style, and he loves chips and crackers and Oreos (a bit YUMMY weakness of mine!). Keep up the good work, Elisha...you can definitely attain your goals! Welcome!

Hello again, Rebecca...walking is a great start! Many people lose weight just by starting a walking routine and not changing anything else! Then, as you go along, you can start changing little things and see more results. It's great that you posted here...keep us updated on your walking!

I've been hitting the gym around 9pm and by the time I do my hour of cardio and stretches and take my leisurely shower and put on my PJs, it's 11pm...I think I'll start to go earlier because it's hard for me to sleep when I get home.

Time for bed now...I'm going to have a busy day at work tomorrow! Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Girlie
Old 04-14-2004, 04:28 AM   #7  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

I have been with 3fatchicks since 2000 and have been up and down on the weight roller coaster since that time. I am ready to lose the weight permanently. A month ago, I was hospitalized with a bad case of pneumonia and was in the hospital for 9 days. I am still recuperating but one of the issues my pulmonologist stressed to me is that the weight has to come off. I also has asthma (in which has flared up since I was an small child). I have not been under 199 since 1992 (twelve years)!!!!! I am not getting any younger.

My goal is to lose weight and try not to stress out over it.

Last edited by erricah; 04-14-2004 at 04:29 AM. Reason: put in the incorrect date
Old 04-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #8  
Bacon Girlie

Red face Erricah...

Welcome!

I'm glad you posted. Sometimes, it's things like medical conditions that have to be our wakeup calls!

You can do it, Erricah...the main thing is that you are here. You have probably been lurking for a long time...just join us! Even if it's just the two of us posting, we can help each other. Just do something small today to change things...switch from regular soda to diet, or take the stairs, etc.

One of the main things that motivated me this time is being out of breath. I was never out of breath like that before and it’s getting so much better after just a week…but in the past several months, I’ve been interviewing for jobs and things and once, in order to get to the meeting room, I had to walk up a flight of stairs. I was kind of out of breath and talking in the interview was more stressful because I was trying not to breathe hard…and I was already nervous. It was embarassing! So now I’m back into my cardio and I feel much better, so that never happens ever again. Pretty terrible, but a wake-up call nevertheless!

So anyway, welcome and I hope more join us. Tell me what you decide to do today to get to your goal of losing weight.

Girlie
Old 04-14-2004, 10:40 AM   #9  
It is what it is...

Hey Girls - I thought I was going to hit under 200 sometime this week but I totally blew it over the Easter weekend and I think I am up like 2-3 pounds so I am a little discouraged over that...it amazes me that you can gain that much weight over just two days of over eating , and not like crazy over eating either...but I also am going to get my TOM this week so that might be part of it...I am so close to that 199 number and it just keeps laughing at me
Old 04-14-2004, 03:37 PM   #10  

Unhappy I feel out of place due to my age

undefinedundefinedundefinedHi, I am new but feel out of place. I am a 60 yr old Grandmother who weighs in at 204, I need to lose not only for health reasons but for my own self esteem.

I hope there is someone out there close to my age that I can relate to as I need to do this weight loss and a buddy sure would help. I am 5'2 and like I said 204#. I am going to do WW or low fat as I have tried Adkins and I am metabodically risistant to it for some reason and I had a lot of luck years ago doing low fat, I lost 50 in 3mths and was walking 2 miles a day which for me is good as I have a really bad back, another reason to lose, to take some pressure off my back.

Well, I hope there are some buddies out there for me, thanks, Linda( I live iin Florida)
Old 04-14-2004, 03:41 PM   #11  
Bacon Girlie

Smile Hi, Linda!

Hi there, Linda. Not sure how many of us in this specific post are closer to your age, but you are welcome to stay and hang out with us!

If you are specifically looking for someone closer to your age, you can post a new thread in the Buddy Up forum stating that. I'm sure you will get replies!

Girlie
Old 04-14-2004, 03:49 PM   #12  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Satine,
I'm not so sure we can gain that much in just a day or two. I know it seems like that sometimes, but if you really think about it, a pound is 3500 calories, so 2 would be 7000 calories, and 3 would be 10500 calories, and that has to be MORE than our regular on-plan daily intake of 1500 calories or so--that is A LOT of food! I don't think we can really eat that much without being horribly uncomfortable the entire time. You're right--ToM can make your weight fluctuate by a couple of pounds--the good news is that it goes down a couple of pounds at the end (mine always does anyway). I'm guessing most of it is water weight.

I'm doing good. Exercise has been on-plan for a few days, and I'm almost back to where I was before my... ahem... exercise sabatical last week with my treadmill time. 2 miles in 30 minutes and 16 seconds yesterday, whereas I was consistently doing it in almost exactly 30 minutes. But if I get within 10 seconds, I consider it meeting my goal... a few steps can make that variance.
Today is yoga and/or pilates, I haven't decided which yet.
Food is always the hard part for me. Today is going well, yesterday went terribly. I suppose it could have been worse though. I just had the munchies ALL DAY! I hate it when that happens... stupid PMS! I really need to get back on the pill, it helps in more ways than one.
At least if I exercise enough it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, as long as I don't go overboard. If I stay on track with my treadmill and strength training, my weight keeps going down, and that's good, because exercise is the easy part--I only have to make that decision once a day, whereas the eating decision is every single moment. I was thinking about checking out an Overeaters Anonymous meeting, but it's hard to do that since I don't have a regular schedule. Has anyone else tried it, or know anything about OA?
But that regular schedule thing may be on the way. I got a reply from the HR director of the company offering the job I REALLY REALLY REALLY want today, and he says I haven't gotten a reply yet because the VP is on vacation until 4/23, but he'll see my resume as soon as he gets back. I'm so excited! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Ok, enough ramblings for one post. Hope everyone else is having a Super Healthy day!
~M_E
Old 04-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #13  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I just reached the glory of ONEderland two weeks ago. That is one of the most motivating goals, I swear. I lost 18 lbs. in 5 weeks to get down to 199 and now I'm at 193! So you go girls! I'm so happy for you! You won't believe how amazing seeing 199 is, really!
Old 04-14-2004, 05:50 PM   #14  
Bacon Girlie

Smile Hey guys!

Hi there girls! Great to hear from you!

Miss Elisha, sounds like you've got a great plan going there. Are you walking on the treadmill, running, or both? I was never a fan of treadmills...I would only run on the ground but right now I wouldn't last running around the block. I love the elliptical machine...but I wish it had a way to check how many miles you've gone instead of just revs and calories. I'm glad you've found something that you like. I'm like you...as long as I don't go overboard with eating, I tend to be able to eat what I want and still lose as long as I exercise. Great job!

Jenicra - what a great, inspirational post! It will be awesome when I get there. I feel like I'm so far away but you were in my shoes once, and look at you now! Thanks for visiting us! We all need the inspiration! You'll be beautiful on your wedding day!

I had veggies and chicken breast for lunch...I ate several hershey's kisses too LOL! I'm sure I'm still fine, as long as I get my workout in tonite. I am starting to really look forward to going to the gym because it's "ME" time!

Girlie
Old 04-15-2004, 10:56 AM   #15  
It is what it is...

Hi Everyone!!!

Miss Elisha - Thanks for the information on the calorie and pounds thing, well I guess it must make sense that I am holding weight gain as usual from my TOM, I guess I will just wait and weigh myself after the whole TOM thing is over, I guess I also could have had alot of salt over the weekend too....

Jenicra - Congrats on getting to 193!!! I know it must feel so great !!!!!!
I cannot wait !! With me being so close it is driving me absolutely crazy!!!
I dont know why a number can make such a difference but it does...I dont ever want to see the 200's again....

Girlie - Hey how are ya? good lunch with the chicken and veggies ( and the hersheys kisses, ha ) ... hope we can all have a great OP day today!!!

Talk to ya all later
Closed Thread