Old 04-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Aw crum, what is it with me??? I hit one key and the whole post is gone.
So, forgive me - this will have to be short. One dilly of a day....drove the kiddies in, got a call from a Mom that a 1rst grader (who really is a handful) exposed himself to her kindergarden aged daugter, went to WW/ walmart, and now am off to the Dr to get a recheck on my BP.

Bummer- I was up 3#- but with TOM due any minute it does not surprise me.
I am getting a cold to boot, and felt miserable this am while doing my WW tape. I hope to get back here later and leave the gist of what Laura went over this am- it was all about time wasters, and how they impact our ability to stay OP. Lots of good info.
Sorry not to get personal, but I have a really full plate today......things slow down tomorrow a bit! Have a great day~!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies...or is it afternoon already lol. Well DD's eye looks much better today and I dont see any sign of pink eye in the baby's eyes thank god Well I didn't have breakfast again today but I just finished lunce I had 2 chicken/cheese quesadillas and some cucumber chips and harboiled egg w/ice tea so thats about 10 of my carbs for the day dinner I'm gonna do pork chops or rib eyesteak with a side of hardboiled egg and I should come out under my 20g of carbs for the day.

Well....I couldn't resist...I hopped on the scale today...and.....it showed a 10lb total loss!!!!!!! I was at 240 yayyyy!!!! I'll hit onderland soon enough and it feels great

Crystal - I couldn't get up that early I would be dead tired come 11 am lol one of the drawbacks of Hypothyroid is sleeping alot lol, I get up about 7 am thats when my daughters usually wake up then nap time about noon which I always look forward to Send me some pancakes too hehe jk they are a no no for me

Spryng - send me some cleaning faeries too its hard cleaning when there are two kids screaming at me lol remind me to slug my husband for thinking being a mother and housewife is an easy job lol

Penny - yayyyyy congrats on being down 1.5!!

ok I hear someone playing in their crib so I better go!! Have a nice afternoon ladies
Take Care
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!!
Michelle, 10#'s down is so great!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I'm sure it really motivated you to stay OP! How many days have you been doing atkins now? I peeked at the scale this morning too and was happy to see the numbers... but of course I won't post anything until friday! But it was good so far!! I'm done with my cleaning fairies now so I'll send them your way! They were alot of help, hehe!
Ginny, so sorry you lost your post. Isn't it too frustrating?? So sorry you are getting a cold now and TOM is screwing up your WI, next week will be better. Hang in there and hit some zicam and vit C ok?
Crystal, your mornings are like my evenings. I get in bed around 10:30-11:30 and am up around 7:30. I just can't open my eyes at 5:00! lol. But the kids go down around 9 pm and then it's my time until I go down. Of course when DH is in, it's his time, lol. O-well... have to compromise sometimes, lol. Glad you enjoyed your pancakes! I ended up having an m&m's kudos bar for breakfast. Since I was so busy cleaning it was the fastest and easiest thing to eat.
Ricci, I used to live in apartments that had those inspections. I hated them so badly. It was so hard to clean it to their specifications. I mean, I consider myself a clean person and keep my house clean (it may be cluttered at times with toys and such but it's clean) and they always made me feel like a terrible person. I was in heaven when we finally got out of there. Hope you get everything done and you pass the inspection!! (because the stress of them coming the first time is worse when they want to come back!! lol)
Penny, congrats on the 1.5# gone!! That is great. So is your son taking a bottle or sippy cup with formula? Drying up for me was the most excrutiating pain. I always dreaded it. Took me about 7-10 days for the pain to go away and about 2 months before my milk dried up. Don't miss those days,lol. I hope it is much easier for you. I have heard of flylady but never went to the site. But I will check it out today, thanks for reminding me!!
Cindi, what is the GI diet?? Geri is doing Dr.Phil and having great success with it. Nothing really is off limits (like WW) so you don't feel deprived. Let us know what you decide on. Hope your laundry pile is getting smaller.
Mary, enjoy the gym!! Do some running on the treadmill for me too! lol. Boy I wish there was a gym around here. Why did I have to move to no-where land??
Geri, what are you all planting in your veggie garden?? And if you are looking for improvement than I think you have found it, even with your late night snacking at times. I mean you are losing weight great so you are doing something right and obviously that late night snacking isn't hurting you. Except making you feel guilty! lol.

Well my day is going great. I deep cleaned my kitchen and boy does it look great. I'll mop it tonight when the kids go to bed. Bathroom is done. All I have left to do is attack the kids rooms and laundry and I'll do their rooms tomorrow and laundry will get done over the next couple of days. I'm not really worried about it. I had to take my feather comforter off my bed last night because I was so hot! So it's put away until fall probably. Which makes me sad because I love my feather comforter. It is so soft and fluffy. O-well... We only have a window air conditioner in the living room so my room gets very hot come summer so the comforter had to go or I'd die, lol. So now I just have a light blanket. It felt great last night and I slept well. I also got my new WW magazine today and there are a couple of recipes I can't wait to try next week! Plus alot of good success stories that are always inspiring.
I guess that is about it. I'll be in the chat room at 2 pm central if anyone is interested. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #34  

Good afternoon all!!
Michelle, 10#'s down is so great!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I'm sure it really motivated you to stay OP! How many days have you been doing atkins now? I peeked at the scale this morning too and was happy to see the numbers... but of course I won't post anything until friday! But it was good so far!! I'm done with my cleaning fairies now so I'll send them your way! They were alot of help, hehe!
Ginny, so sorry you lost your post. Isn't it too frustrating?? So sorry you are getting a cold now and TOM is screwing up your WI, next week will be better. Hang in there and hit some zicam and vit C ok?
Crystal, your mornings are like my evenings. I get in bed around 10:30-11:30 and am up around 7:30. I just can't open my eyes at 5:00! lol. But the kids go down around 9 pm and then it's my time until I go down. Of course when DH is in, it's his time, lol. O-well... have to compromise sometimes, lol. Glad you enjoyed your pancakes! I ended up having an m&m's kudos bar for breakfast. Since I was so busy cleaning it was the fastest and easiest thing to eat.
Ricci, I used to live in apartments that had those inspections. I hated them so badly. It was so hard to clean it to their specifications. I mean, I consider myself a clean person and keep my house clean (it may be cluttered at times with toys and such but it's clean) and they always made me feel like a terrible person. I was in heaven when we finally got out of there. Hope you get everything done and you pass the inspection!! (because the stress of them coming the first time is worse when they want to come back!! lol)
Penny, congrats on the 1.5# gone!! That is great. So is your son taking a bottle or sippy cup with formula? Drying up for me was the most excrutiating pain. I always dreaded it. Took me about 7-10 days for the pain to go away and about 2 months before my milk dried up. Don't miss those days,lol. I hope it is much easier for you. I have heard of flylady but never went to the site. But I will check it out today, thanks for reminding me!!
Cindi, what is the GI diet?? Geri is doing Dr.Phil and having great success with it. Nothing really is off limits (like WW) so you don't feel deprived. Let us know what you decide on. Hope your laundry pile is getting smaller.
Mary, enjoy the gym!! Do some running on the treadmill for me too! lol. Boy I wish there was a gym around here. Why did I have to move to no-where land??
Geri, what are you all planting in your veggie garden?? And if you are looking for improvement than I think you have found it, even with your late night snacking at times. I mean you are losing weight great so you are doing something right and obviously that late night snacking isn't hurting you. Except making you feel guilty! lol.

Well my day is going great. I deep cleaned my kitchen and boy does it look great. I'll mop it tonight when the kids go to bed. Bathroom is done. All I have left to do is attack the kids rooms and laundry and I'll do their rooms tomorrow and laundry will get done over the next couple of days. I'm not really worried about it. I had to take my feather comforter off my bed last night because I was so hot! So it's put away until fall probably. Which makes me sad because I love my feather comforter. It is so soft and fluffy. O-well... We only have a window air conditioner in the living room so my room gets very hot come summer so the comforter had to go or I'd die, lol. So now I just have a light blanket. It felt great last night and I slept well. I also got my new WW magazine today and there are a couple of recipes I can't wait to try next week! Plus alot of good success stories that are always inspiring.
I guess that is about it. I'll be in the chat room at 2 pm central if anyone is interested. TTYL!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:27 PM   #35  

sorry about the double post... didn't realize I did that... oops.

How is everyone this evening? Dinner turned out great! I made breaded ranch chicken and it was very very good! Everyone had been talking about it on the ww boards so I thought I'd give it a try. Along with it I had a big baked potato, 1/2 cup stuffing, and broccoli. Very filling. What did everyone else end up having?
Penny I can't thank you enough for the flylady's website!!!!! I joined today and am so excited to do it! It all just made alot of sense and now I may get my house in order before I know it. Very neat site. Right now I am shining my kitchen sink, lol. Her first job for me.
Ok, got to finish up a few things, ttyl!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:52 PM   #36  
2BoysMom

Starting a new thread! See you there.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote