Old 04-13-2004, 09:59 PM   #16  
2BoysMom

Thanks Penny!!!

And Andrew will ALWAYS need his MAMA
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #17  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Good Night Everyone

Well, it's almost my bedtime, not really, but time to settle down for the night. I didn't take notes so I'm going on memory and for some reason it's not working as good as it used to.

My son, Andrew, which is 16 months and 32 lbs. is in the 95 percentile for his head, weight and height, so he's just an overall big baby. I love big babies though, they are so cushiony and loveable, not that my little tiny 28 lb. Ally isn't.

Dinner was chicken chili casserole. It was okay, kind of bland. I didn't do good today, but I'm switching to calorie counting tomorrow so I will do better. Maybe I can make a low cal cake to fit in my calories and enjoy some chocolate or something. Yeah, this points thing just doesn't work for me. This is actually the second or third time I've tried it, this time I went alittle deeper but it's just inconvenient to me.

Anyway, Melinda, believe me your son still needs you. I am so excited because I've got Ally potty trained and Andrew only taking a bottle at night. I can't wait until I have none in diapers or on the bottle.

I have felt sort of preoccupied today, but I don't know with what. Does that make sense? Has anyone ever felt that way? I don't like this feeling, I feel like I'm not doing something I should or visa versa. Anyway, I think I'm gonna relax in the recliner for abit and watch repeats of Whose Line Is It Anyway? It always seems to make me laugh no matter how many times I've seen it. I hope everyone has a great night. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:12 PM   #18  
SAHM of 3

See I had Penny and Melinda mixed up. I told you I didn't take notes. Sorry. Y'all know who I'm suppose to be talking about I hope.
Sorry.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

HI Ladies,

Sorry to not post for awhile today. I woke up last night with a horrible throat ache and by the morning it surfaced as a killer cold. So, basically I haven't really had much desire to do anything. Certainly haven't exercised much today, but I may try to do some crunches atleast. I think I've stayed OP today, but about mid-day I stopped counting because I didn't really want to go through the effort. However, I had decreased appetite due to the cold so I don't think I went over at all.

Crystal-that was a cute story about your daughter Alisa. Also, the pancake sounded good, it is nice to have something for lunch other than a sandwich or soup, which is what I usually end up having. Anything else it too much effort. I can sympathize with the delima on whether to count calories or points. I like WW points because the numbers are smaller and easier to work with, also they take into account fiber and fat grams. I also like that veggies don't count, and that fruit is usually just one point. Last August when I did WW, I kept a food diary and after a few days it got really easy to count points because I end up repeating a lot and could just refer back (I'm having a tuna sandwich again, that will be 4 points). I'm a little different though, because I'm nursing and nursing moms get more points, so I think it would be a lot harder if I had less points. Anyway, good luck either way!

Geri-Good idea with the Hershey's minis I love chocolate

Ricci-I can understand on giving way to the Cadbury eggs, they are one of my favorites, it is a good thing that the Easter season is over so that won't be a temptation anymore.

Spryng-From your signature it seems like you are very close to your goal weight so it won't be long now. You really should submit to WW. I've read a lot of the success stories, and sometimes they take someone's before picture from a group and sometimes it isn't very clear, etc....So probably any picture will do. Your kids sound very cute. I think mine will be small too. I'm 5'1" and my hubby is 5'6", so are chances for tall kids are not great.

Mary-I can sympathize on the weather. Here it was fab all last week and then wam, cold and rainy. I think that's why I got the cold.

Michelle-Sorry that DD was sick today, hope it doesn't spread. Good luck on your potty-training.

Melinda-Good luck with SB. I've read a lot about it in Prevention Magazine.

Well, everyone, good luck! Stay awesome
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Lots of posts tonight!
Crystal, chicken chili casserole sounds great!!! Care to share the recipe?? (I'm a recipe fanatic, love to try new dishes) I'm sorry WW didn't work out for you, but that is ok. I know counting calories is something you are comfortable with and enjoy some chocolate tomorrow!! Have you heard of No Pudge Brownies?? Walmart sells them now and they are very good and low in pts (and cals) you mix the dry batter with plain yogurt and that is all!! Very chocolatey and chewy...mmmm. I have some mint chocolate ones up in the cabinet. They have a recipe on the box to just make individual servings ( it think it is two tbls mix with 1 tbls yogurt, or something like that) so you don't have to make the whole thing if you don't want to. I hope you had a relaxing evening.
Geri, I would suggest turning the potato half way through cooking them. Do you poke holes in them before putting them in the microwave? The bottoms of mine don't get hard and I don't turn them... but I have a very old microwave. I can't believe how well you do with exercise. Great job on doing your video and getting a bike ride in!!!! That is so awesome. What does your Dh think about all the new changes you have been making, along with your body changing??
Penny, it is sad when you see your baby becoming a toddler. With Tanner starting to walk now it makes me proud and very sad. He is my last baby and I wanted him to stay one forever. But I guess that isn't the way it is. I won't know what to do when I don't have any more babies in the house. Maybe then it will be time for a puppy or something for me to baby. lol.
Mary, I wasn't much into cooking either before WW. I was an avid "out of a box" cooker. But with WW I wanted to try new recipes (and it hard to make box dinners pt friendly sometimes) so I bought some cookbooks, ordered cookinglight and been doing pretty good. I was making 3-4 new recipes at first and now it's more like 1-2 new recipes and alot of ones I've made and I liked I make over and over again. Like for awhile I was in love with One Dish Rosemary Chicken with white beans. I still love it just haven't made it in a few weeks. (I have it posted on the mom's losing weight site if anyone wants it) now that I tan in the evenings I've been making simple dishes, but I'm fixing to only tan 3x's a week next week and i want to start really cooking again.
Melinda, I'm sorry we didn't get to chat too but I understand a fussy child. Maybe tomorrow.
Michelle I've made that mashed cauliflower and I love it! It's very creamy and like mashed potatoes. You HAVE to give it a try Hope your dd's pink eye clears up soon. I wasn't able to potty train my two in a day but it took about a week when they were really ready. if you start too soon all you train is yourself and stress yourself out. But I hope it works out for you! Keep us updated on it!
Ginny I hope you enjoy your WW meeting tomorrow! Let us know what it was about ok? Even if you don't get a great WI you will get some encouragement. How many people go to your meeting?
Well my evening has been long and boring since nothing good was on tv. After I got back from tanning I started getting so hungry!! I had stuff to make a 0 pt salad but I was too tired to put it all together and my only other option was to open a can of green beans or spinach, both I really didn't want. I wanted a burger and fries!!!! What is wrong with me? I'm usually fine in the evenings after dinner. I had a good dinner and was full when I was done. I got myself a glass of diet sprite and drank more water after I finished that and I am still hungry right now. What to do?? Go to bed, that is what I should do. I stay up much longer and I bound to eat somthing bad. Well not really bad because just about everything in this house is low in pts but I'm at my target for the day so anything other than 0 pt veggies will put me over and I'm not craving vegetables, lol. So I guess I'm calling it a night and heading to bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:27 PM   #21  

Hey guys
Thought I'd pop in for a post before I call it a night. Dh has not had a cigarette in a week, but its really affecting his sweet tooth. So he dragged us off to Sonic tonight for hot fudge sundaes. I gave in to 3 spoonfuls and that was it. I figured about 2 pts. I was proud of myself.
See ya'll tomorrow
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #22  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Good Morning All

............ ............. .............

Okay, I woke up alittle later than I like to. I like to be up about 530 but it was more like 630 this morning. Andrew did NOT sleep well. He gives one good night, one bad night and one soso night. It's just a repeat of that all the time.
Y'all were pretty busy around here yesterday. I know I've got several recipes I need to be posting and I'll get to those today.

Mary- I think you did really well only having a few bites of that sundae. That's when you need to go get one of the Smart Ones desserts for your self. I'd be proud of you if I were you.

Jessi- sorry about that cold. I had it last week and I can feel what you mean. The first two days, I didn't have much of an appetite either. I didn't count or anything, but I could tell I just didn't eat much to begin with. Luckily it only lasted for 3 days.

Well, one reason WW didn't work out for me is because I don't like very many veggies. It didn't effect me that they were free foods and the fruit is only one point and they all have calories but I can also have about 1500 calories versus 26 pts. Actually, you know what I look for in a diet? I look towards the future. I say, "Is this something that I can do for the rest of my lift?" I don't think WW is but I know counting calories is. The first time I did this I lost 25 pounds and then got pregnant that's why that was shoved out the door. So I KNOW I can do it because I have done it. I'll just do it again.

See breakfast is going to be homemade, low cal buttermilk pancakes with lite syrup. I have no idea how points is in that but there's only 400 calories. Yum, Yum, Yum.

I hope everyone has a great day. TTYL
Old 04-14-2004, 08:14 AM   #23  
SAHM of 3

Quick Post: I know where the recipes are, I can't figure out how to add one. Hey, I told y'all in the beginning I'm not real internet saavy.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Crystal, you'll have to add it to the message board and then Penny can put it in the recipe thread. HTH Sounds like today will be a great one for you! The pancakes sound great, enjoy!!
Mary, great job on being able to stop eating that sundae after 3 bites. You know my DH managed a sonic in oklahoma for 8 years!! So when I was pregnant with baby #1 I had tons of sundaes, burgers, fries, shakes, and those jalapeno poppers. No wonder I gained so much weight with my first pregnancy!! lol. But it was all free and I ate way too much because of it. By the time I was pregnant with my 2nd baby he had changed jobs so I didn't eat as much junk food.
Jessi, we must have been posting at the same time last night. I hope that cold leaves you fast! Sounds terrible. And yes I am very close to my WW goal, but a ways from my personal goal. I'll have to search some pictures to find one of me that can be a before picture. I just honestly don't think I have any. Well I have some from right after I had Tanner but I was 195 lbs in those! I didn't start trying to lose weight until he was 6 weeks old and I was 172 lbs, so I lose 20 lbs naturally after having him. I don't think I have any pictures of me from then on. But I'll look.
Well today I really am going to crack down on myself and get this house in order. I want everything done by noon so that when the kids lay down for the naps today all I have left to do is mop my kitchen and that is it. So I need to get off here and stay off here until then. So I'll catch you in a few hours!! Please send me house cleaning faires to help!! LOL
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #25  
2BoysMom

Just a quick hello...Mom is here already today to work on the garden plot. I told her I didn't usually finish exercising til around 9 and she showed up at 9 exactly! Geez, cut me some slack here I just finished and am still sweating! OK, I'll catch up later tonight...BTW I did have a handful of teddy grahams and a couple of wheat thins last night but with the bike ride as exercise I was hungry and I'm not going to dwell on it. Should have grabbed an orange though... I am not aiming for perfection, just improvement Wish I could say I made that up but i read it in a book! Have a great day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:58 AM   #26  

Smile Good morning!

Hey, all BTW, I hate coffe. Just substitute a diet coke.

Crystal-Wow! 5:30 is early. What time do you got to bed at night? Over the years I have found that I'm at my best with 9-10 sleep a night. I wish I could get up at 5:30. Sometimes i do, but it always catches up to me and by 2pm I am dead on my feet. I agree about the diet. You need something that you can do for life. I consider the Atkins a dream diet. I lost 30lbs in 3 months. But I couldn't stick with it. And it must be the bodys reaction to depriving it of carbs, but when I started slipping the weight came back faster than I lost it. Email me some pancakes.

Spryng-you sound energetic today. Send me some of that energy or is it house cleaning fairies?

Geri-Happy gardening! Good exercise.

Gotta jump in the shower. Then I'm going to the gym. I need some energy!
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:12 AM   #27  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Unhappy Morning girls!!

I am with ya on getting the house in order, just wanted to make a quick post before I jump on it.

I am still so undecided on a plan that works for me. I am kinda with Crystal on the WW thing. I think it would be a lot easier to start out if I went to meetings and had that type of support. I was even looking at that GI diet, because it has the lists made out with red light, yellow light, and green light foods. Seems so simple. But I haven't bought the book. I refuse to until I read the Dr Phil book I have!!LOL!! My answer might be right here and I am just not smart enough to figure it out. So I am eliminating bad foods and adding good foods, and it seems to be working. I just feel so...spastic, if that makes any sense. Maybe I am just a rebel.

I will be doing laundry loads til dark, so lots of stair climbing for me, along with everything else, my housecleaning will be a good workout YIKES! Better hop to it!

Everyone have a marvelous afternoon, I'll be back soon!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #28  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ladies,

Sounds like everyone is having a great day so far!!!

Got my scale fixed!
It is down one and 1/2 pounds so far and my boobie's are full of milk and my period is still here! Andrew hasn't nursed since 10:30 am yesterday and that was only one feeding! My boob's are full but not hurting so that is great!

Enuf about my boobies!!! LOL :blush:

Geri,
Glad you are getting some gardening done!!! IT is cold here again! Not going to rag you about the snacking but that is better than other choices!!!!

Spryng,
Have you ever heard of flylady.net??? I have used it before and it is a great site! They email you and stay on your tail about the laundry, cleaning and such! And best of all it is free!

Cindi,
Just do some swats while you pick up the laundry

Mary,
Have fun at the gym!!!!

Crystal,
Hope you do well counting calories

Have a great day!
I know I will! (even though I have four kids here for the rest of the week)!!!

My three plus babysitting my nephew today and tomorrow and then a friends little girl on friday! ACCKKKK!! LOL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #29  
soontobethin

Good morning. I am taking a computer break. Ihave been cleaning all morning. We have fricken apartment inspections tomorrow. They only give us a days notice, and expect the place to look picture perfect. I just have to finish the vaccuming and wiping down doors and walls.
Who asked me about jogging? Melinda? Yesterday was the first time I ever did it. I found an article about jogging, and it says to start out jogging for two minutes and walking for two. I jogged for two and walked for one. I really enjoyed it though.
My boys are also tall. Dh is 6'4, so what do you expect. I understand about them being mistaken for older kids. It happens to us all the time. Both boys got bikes last year, and they were out riding them. People looked at my oldest ds and couldn't belive he had training wheels still at 7. I wanted to shout he's only 5! Mine are only an inch apart in height, and about 3 in weight. Sucks that I can't pass down clothing. Everyone have a good day. I am off to finish cleaning.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:01 PM   #30  
SAHM of 3

Mary, I go to bed between 1000 and 1100, usually. I like to get up between 500 and 530. I also still get about 2 interruptions a night by mostly my son. I go on about 6 hours of sleep with 1 or 2 interruptions. If I get much more than that, it makes me feel groggy I guess. I absolutely have to get up way before the kids or my day is shot. My mornings are mine, the day belongs to the kids and the evenings belong to my dh. So that's all I got. I do my computer stuff, drink my coffee, read bible sometimes, do bills and such, it's just me time. My kids start getting up around 7ish or so. The pancakes were sooooo good, and full of carbs. Sorry I had to add that.