Old 04-15-2004, 12:30 PM   #16  

CONGRATS chach way to go on the loss and i just may check out your chanllenge. hello to everyone else. i will check in later.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #17  

Hey guys. Thanks for the support. How often I get acid reflux depends on my diet (not overeating right before bed, no spicy foods when stressed), and my stress level. Right now, it is due to stress. A few weeks ago, my father moved in with me. He is unemployed, uninterested in employment, hoping to get disability. I realize now where I get a lot of my issues from. For the sake of my finances and my sanity, I am going to have to ask him to leave at the end of the month, and then I feel like a horrid daughter. I can't win. So, the stress will be around for awhile.

Congrats on the loss. Keep up the great work.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, everybody. Look forward to getting to know the newbies who've joined in since I've gone AWOL again.

Good news is that my computer situation got straightened out on Wednesday, so it'll be easier for me to log on.

The bad news is that my weight has been creeping back up. The worse news is that it is due to stress from some pretty serious stuff. My son, Eric (10 yrs old), is having problems w/ his kidneys. We found out about this a few months ago, and the doctor believed it would clear up over time, but it hasn't. They are doing a biopsy next Thursday so that they can examine a section of the kidney to see what is causing the problem. The Dr. expects that he has a chronic condition, i.e., not curable. Fortunately, his kidneys are still adequately filtering the blood, so he is a long, long way from requiring dialysis. He has absolutely no symptoms of kidney disease other than blood and protein in his urine. There is a reasonable chance that whatever the problem is can be managed with medication and diet. There is a remote chance that it is not a chronic condition at all. We are hopeful for the best but prepared for the worst. Eric is a great, great kid and I know that he is going to be able to deal with whatever he must. We'll know more early the week after next.

Chach and Chequita: So glad to hear you are doing so well! I'll be rejoining you progress-wise soon.

Hi, Lucky

Dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #19  

dan, i am so sorry to hear about your son and he is definately in my prayers. and i look forward to you getting back on the wagon with us, but i can also understand the stress situation, take care and good morning to everyone else. hope everyone is having a great friday.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #20  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

I'm going to set up the new thread right now.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote