Old 04-12-2004, 02:39 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~

Managed to get my cleaning done sooner than I thought. Not sure how as I awoke this morning feeling awful. Have a sore throat, headache and an UGLY fever blister on my lip. It feels HUGE, but isn't that big-but it does hurt. Good thing I go to the doctor tomorrow. My arm has been killing me also, so hoping to get something for that. She gave me a shot last time but it didn't work, actually made it worse. I guess I will be stuck taking a strong dose of ibuprofin. We'll see...

Saturday night mass was spectacular-it was just so beautiful! And Father Mike has quite a sense of humor so it is not boring. The music and even the baptisms really touched me this year. Easter was nice also but I am glad that it is over. I do enjoy the holidays but the sweets are no good. I didn't actually fix dessert or it would have been from the WW cookbook (low in points) but we had BD cake and ice cream. It was just a nice weekend all around. I hope that everyone had a nice weekend also.

Jana~I e-mailed Susan's photo's to you but for some reason MSN had this message about it being to big and a phot not coming up. So I am not sure if you received them. Let me know if you don't, as I printed them out and will just mail them to you. And yes I do know what you mean about the house. That is one thing about Vince-I am the one who says I do nothing all day and he says yes you do and then lists the things, like cleaning the house, the laundry, the cooking, etc...I don't necessarily feel extra pressure now but when I was first married I really felt the pressure.

Angie~The yams sound delicious! I just received your Easter card this morning and thank you!

Susan~So glad you finally heard something from Alex. Are you ready for the big day?? Getting nervous yet?? I wish I had 1/3 of your motivation woman! I had the motivation like that and was exercising daily and I just don't know what happened. But I know I have to get it back and thank you for sharing your story, you and Jana.

Of course I may have just gotten the motivation this morning. I got a good look at myself in the mirror this morning, naked! I was so grossed out. I can't believe that I let myself get this way and wondered what happened. Maybe what I need to do is take a polaroid of myself naked and look at it a couple times a day??

Well, I probably should get going. I AM going to get a walk in on the treadmill and do a few minutes with the weights. Of course I don't know how that is going to work with my bad arm but I am going to give it a try. Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL Monday!

P.S. Hi Marti~guess we were posting at the same time. I went to the top of page 4 and went back to 3 to see if anyone posted while I was typing away. Anyway, glad you had a nice Easter.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:51 PM   #47  
kitty Momo

Afternoon----

I just had lunch which was low cal cottage cheese,albacore tuna and pickled beets in honor of Angie-
BTW- Rebecca & the Gabster LOVE beets ...lol

Rebecca fainted last night at her fathers. I am taking her in to the Dr tomorrow, she worries me. Her coloring looks off,pale. Thought maybe she was going to start her period?? I don't know.She did want to go to school this morning.

Wasn't the weekend great , Marti?? I miss the yard work, certainly will get you in shape fast!

Cristi- we have a lovely Catholic church just around the corner, I think the main one in Portland. The bells chimmed Saturday night and Sunday morning- the girls and I enjoyed listening. Their father was baptised last Easter, time goes by so fast.

BTW- I have your motivation - I will send it to you email - lol -

He (Alex) didn't say anything about Saturday.I don't feel nervous. I am concerned what to wear though. I did go into Talbots and try on some cute Bullock dresses!! Really very fun.......I think I wore a size 10- anyway- the dresses are like $148, which is waaaaaaay too much. I think I will just go with jeans and a nice sweater. Suppose to be raining next weekend and the long drive- can't get too fancy.
My mom says she will watch the Gabster on Saturday. I need to get Rachel ready for outdoor school this week, she leaves next Sunday.

K- best get the baby down for a nap.

TTFN

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-12-2004 at 04:09 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

Hello again...

I ran some errands...forgot to grab a check to deposit...it's still sitting on the counter! And so is the movie I have to take back!! Boy I must have been distracted when I left! Then when I got back I took a look around and after my last post and Cristi's post...I started to clean up house!! The house was telling me it needed a good cleaning.

So far my laundry room is organized and my kitchen and dining room. When I went to town, I grabbed a new air freshner (the ones you plug in) and now my house is slowly smelling like berries. Almost too much......

Susan--Our weekend weather was FANTASTIC!!! I am going to miss it this week. Why must we have rain? But I suppose the tree's and flowers and lawns need some watering. Which also means by next week the yard will need mowing AGAIN! I know which church you are talking about in Portland. At least I think I do. When James and I go up, we roam around and when the clock starts to chime......we stand and just listen to it. We just love the sound of it! Sorry to hear about Rebecca fainting! Jhanai has done that a few times and it always scares me. First time it happened we were in the hospital waiting room and she just recieved her immunization shot...and we were waiting for paper work. When all of a sudden Jhanai stood up....looked at me, lost all color in her face, her eyes rolled back and she fell back. The sound of her head hitting the ground was horrible!! It was so loud the nurses in the other room came running out. And I felt horrible for not catching her!! So each time after that, I made sure to tell the doctor that she faints soon after her shots....and she does. It's enough to send me to the hospital due to stress & worry!!

Cristi--I too need Susan's motivation.....do you mind if we share? What happened to your arm? I hope it's alright. Have you been doing a little too much around the house? You know, you have all year to fix up your place,,,,take your time. By next summer your inside and outside will be just what you want. I sure would like to see some updated photos of your house. What all have you done to your yard? My yard it just nicely mowed. James and I keep talking about all the flowers and shrubs we want to get to landscape it. That will have to wait until next Spring after he's been working for awhile. Until then,,,,I just dream about it.

Oh....did I mention to you ladies that James got the Railroad job?? I can't remember if I mentioned it or not.....I will have to go back and see. But on our wedding day it was the most bizarre thing. For weeks I had been joking with him about how nice it would be to get news that they want to interview him as a wedding gift. And everyday he would check his status online. Then the morning of our day...he checks it first thing and they invited him for an interview!! It was so cool. We were just all smiles. Then...after we went to the court house then came back home...he got a phone call from another company he was trying for saying they too wanted him to work for them. So....(believe it or not I'm not finished ) when he called up his friend to tell him the news...I went to check the mail. He got a letter from a trucking company who wanted him to drive for them, making more than they first offered. Now...how great is that to get three job offers on our Wedding day? Of coarse, James wanted the most paying...which is the Railroad. His first day of training is today.

Whew....boy did I just ramble on.....I think I'm just putting off finishing the rest of the house work. So...I think I will get back to work. Then it's homework. I'll probably take another break and chat some more.

BBL
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:30 PM   #49  
kitty Momo

Marti,

CONGRATS on JAMES and the RR job!!!

I just came back cause I have a job interview for Friday!!!!

It is for a Real Estate Company....YAY- just picked up the phone and called she said they would love to meet me -YAY-

Very Beautiful church!!! One time though the chimes rang for the longest time....when the Gabster was trying to take a nap...lol,, thought maybe they forgot to turn the chimes off- very miffed that day.

Best get-

TTFN

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-12-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #50  
GmaTo8

Hiya chatters,

Cristi - thanks for the forward of Susans pics - they all came in okay...sorry about the fever blister! Ouch! Neal says he would never swap jobs with me cause mine is too hard and neverending - boy does he have that right!! A naked photo would sure take the ol' appetite down a notch or two for me, too! It may just push me over the edge, though, so I better not do it, lol!!

Susan - you and your Gaby are so cute! And I liked the one of her sitting, too. But I forget which girl in the group photo is your DD? The Wiggles? I think the guy in the yellow shirt is the cutest - isn't he the tall guy w/dark hair? lol... Glad you heard from Alex, and whatever you wear will be just fine. I truly don't think you need to lose another ounce! Fast Track is WW's accelerated healthy plan to get a person started or to just boost your weight loss. The truth is, I probably get more on that then you eat now, since you are so small and I think it would be hard for you to lose on it. YAY for the job interview. Good luck with it....

Angie - got your card today - thanks a bunch for it! Such a cute envelope, too!!

Marti - YAY for James getting all those job offers! That is just great, and it has to make him feel good about himself. When you are done with your housework, you can come to Indiana and help with mine. I am behind with having problems with my back. Neal ran the sweeper for me, and that helped a bunch. Btw, I DID do my weekly challenge, but I'm not real good at posting at the thread. I know I'll get plenty of wadder this week too since I will be starving to death, lol.

Day one of FT is going fine - I am hungry, but that's to be expected. I get an apple and 1 cup of milk later - oh joy! LOL.... I just think a person should shake things up a little every once in awhile. It will make me appreciate regular WW even more, right? I hadn't been doing the glider ever since I hurt my back, until this afternoon while I watched the Young and the Restless. I don't go too long or too fast, but it does work up a sweat if I go long enough, so it's good cardio.

see ya later,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #51  
kitty Momo

Hi Jana-

Sweety.......the girl in the CAST!! lol She is front and center.pink shirt and powder blue thing on her arm and a pink bandana (sp???) on her head,that is Rebecca.
I will get one of Rachel, she is a beauty.I think she looks more Native American,comes from her father side.
Though Beck is a red head- come from my Irish side.

YUM- sitting here eating a plate of FOOD--- you want some Jana??

You get a glass of milk and a what??? LOL.....poor thing. Certainly WILL appreciate FOOD when you are done with the Fast Track.....is that what it is called?? Anyway, I am teasing you. Just maybe listen to a lot of music and wadder helps me a lot....passes the time and keeps me busy in the bathroom.
lol

OMG- lets talk Alex.....
He sent a late email- his thoughts are meet at 11am , lunch at the Olive Garden, a stroll through the state capitol and perhapes see The Passion of Christ.
It is a movie we both talked about seeing- though I most certainly will cry- I am sure he will be thrilled by that....lol-
I told my mother and she was impressed that he would want to see Passion....I don't know.

I haven't *dated* much. It sounds ok......though I wouldn't mind just talking on the first meeting---- though it would be fun to see a movie-- and we have talked for the last 6 weeks......blah,blah....

Oh-ya........did send him the latest photo.He was stuck on the 4 year old one...lol....when I was thinner and ummm 4 years younger,,,,,pre Gabster....not a care in the world picture....lol...

Anyway, he was kind and said I looked not that much different ,that Gaby was cute and certainly tall for a 2 year old....
She IS tall.......I am only 5'4 to her 37 inches......probably should have put her down for the picture...lol

Anyway, asked my mother if Olive Garden was a fancy place ( I have never been there) and she said no...so I can still go casual?? I think I will.....might as will be comfortable and enjoy an *outing* probably be the last one I get for a while.....lol.....

ok,ok.......I better go to work.

Take Care JANA !!!!

TTFN

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-12-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:41 PM   #52  

Hiya again!!

Susan--Olive Garden is not fancy...but it's good food!! But an awful lot of pasta going on! And by the way you post...I figured you were doing Atkins...maybe not fully but partially? I LOVE their salads and bread sticks!! I usually fill myself up with that and then have a only 1/4 of what I order!! (plus I usually have a drink with my dinner and that fills me up too ) I think his plans are nice. I think it's soooo nice that he suggested a stroll through the Capitol...you can do a lot of talking then. And....if you really don't want to watch the movie (not on the first date anyway) just let him know that you would really like to just get to know each other first and spend the time talking. I'm sure he'll understand. Sounds fun what ever you do. AND...(am I ever finished? ) as for what to wear....you can still look cute in a pair of jeans. Find yourself a really dressy top...nothing to provocative (save that for later! ) just something sweet. I think your sweater sounds good.

Ok...I'm finished mothering you.

Jana--You poor thing..suffering through the week of fast tracking!! But you get such great results I'm sure it's worth it. Plus...after awhile, don't you get used to eating less? Today I've done well with what I ate. I think anyway. For breakfast I had a boiled egg...(hmmm...wonder why?) lunch was a chicken sandwich and dinner was two baked chicken legs and corn. I wanted a salad but I didn't feel like going shopping. AND....(here I go again!) I've had tons of water!! TOM arrived and I'm sooooo dehydrated!! Why is that??

I completely forgot to thank everyone for the Easter Cards!! Jana, Susan,Cristi...and Katie and Angie..I got yours today!! I have them all set aside for my scrapbook. I'm making holiday pages with pockets to tuck them into. As soon as I catch up with everything that's going on. (lots of tax crap that I don't want to deal with but have too)

Ok....I've babbled on and on today...I may be back for more so be prepared. I'm going to attempt to post some photos of the reception.

Talk to you all later

Marti
Old 04-12-2004, 10:45 PM   #53  

Tried posting pictures...but yahoo is moving to slowly...and I guess I'm getting impatient!! So I will try again tomorrow!!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #54  
kitty Momo

Hi Marti-
I do like the idea of a shake in the morning and I use to buy Slim Fast but Atkins seems to offer so much more in the shake and is low in surgar.Also, I do try and stay low on the carb side in breads because I could eat bagels all day. I LOVE carbs-
If Olive Garden offers salad I will be ok or soup??? Crab salad sounds good-
Suppose to be iffy this weekend weatherwise- I guess we could always stroll inside.
Just kind of thinking how comfortable I will be sitting in the dark with a man that I just met???? lol...Maybe just do lunch and a walk?? Save a movie for 2 weeks down the road??
We'll see.......

Nothing looks dainty on me.....some weird reason I am large on the top- not in *that* area but overall....lol- we'll see. I get paid on Thursday and will have to move fast. I guess I can go look tomorrow in the stores and have something picked out??

Really need to get Rach ready for outdoor school also and the job thing on Friday *sigh*.....stressing myself out.....where are the OREO's?????????????

Hey!!! I didn't get any card from Angie???? Course I lost my mail key and haven't checked-

Going to have some water myself-

Talk later-

TTFN
Old 04-13-2004, 08:57 AM   #55  
GmaTo8

Do not post here - go to # 42!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote