3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~~ The Thin Group #104 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39041-%7E%7E-thin-group-104-%7E%7E.html)

CJ 04-05-2004 11:16 PM

~~ The Thin Group #104 ~~

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/thingroup

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! :cheer:

We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2004!
:gossip:

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/CJ

CJ 04-05-2004 11:18 PM

There! That felt good! Make sure you check the last posts on the last thread tho ...

aivlys 04-07-2004 02:28 AM

Oh :queen: CJ is at it again! Some things never change....I'll leave the "bratting" to Sharon....she's good at that!

CJ- I think the terrible two's have made an early appearance. Nico has a bad temper and it's starting to show. Now that he's mobile, he doesn't want to be held unless he is tired or hungry. He just wants to crawl around all the time and gets mad when I put him in his high chair. I won't even go into the whole "baby wrestling" experience when we change his diaper. By the time I'm done, I'm sweating. Have a great trip!

Sherry- Sounds like you really enjoy the Y. I really liked going to Curves but I can see it getting boring. From my house, it's the same distance to the Y and Curves, I would just need to figure out which one to go to. Curves charges $39.00 a month and the Y is $55(for single, $84 for a family) I keep leaning for the Y because it has a pool and the day care but I'm to paranoid to leave my baby with strangers. If I go to the Y, my husband would watch the baby. I'll figure it out. Yup, my Nico is going to be 8 months old on the 11th. I looked at all the pictures of him and I just cried. He is growing so quickly. Here is a picture of him at the beginnig of March http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/...ico6months.jpg

Sharon- Have a great trip!

Well, I hope you lovely lurkers come out of hiding soon!!!

Sylvia

Sherry 04-07-2004 06:37 AM

Sylvia,
Nico is sooooooooooo cute!!!!! :bb: He's adorable! ;)

CJ 04-07-2004 07:44 PM

Just a quickie here to report in ...

Slyvia:
Your Nico is soooooooooooo cute! He gets cuter all the time ... he is going to be one handsome dude when he grows up!

I just got done baking Dick's sugar cookies for our trip .. he's so spoiled - but then, so am I .. lol

I got my hair trimmed and colored today so I'm all "spiffied" up for our trip. Now I just have to finish up the packing .. I hate to pack, I always pack too much and usually never use 1/2 of what I pack.

Sherry:
Once again I'm really glad you are here with us. And, thanks again for helping me with you know what!

Sharon:
Hope you are doing well with your travels and had a nice visit with Tracey .. talk to you soon girlfriend!

To all you lurkers: (and you know who you are) ...
If you are taking the time to read please take the time to post .. we would love to hear from you all.

Love you guys!
CJ

I'll try to post one more time before we leave, but just in case I don't I'll see ya all in about 2 weeks .. Keep our thread going!

Love, CJ

CJ 04-07-2004 11:15 PM

http://my.core.com/~cjlem/eastersquare.jpg

KimV 04-13-2004 01:24 AM

Hi everyone,

Yup, it's me. I'm still alive. Didn't forget y'all.

Been sick again, same old stuff. Dr. sent me to an Ear/Nose/Throat spec. and had cat scan of sinuses done. I have pollups (sp?) in the sinuses around and behind my nose, so I will be having surgery on them this Thurs. So, finally I shouldn't be sick all the time. The surgery should take about an hour and a half. Best case, he goes in through my nose and cleans my sinuses out. Worst case, he has to straighten the septum because it's slightly crooked and might make it hard to get to the sinuses on the right side (broke my nose in 4th grade). Will be out of work for minimum of week (can't afford more time than that--still have bills), max till begin. of May. If I can go back after a week will be on lifting restrictions and won't be allowed to bend over because he doesn't want me to do anything to raise my blood pressure and encourage nose bleeds. I think I'm actually looking foward to this just so I won't be sick and missing so much work all the time. I'm on a step 2 attendence violation (write up and 9 months probation), and will be off that June 12. If I violate the policy any more before than, I go to step 3 (3 days suspended, write up, and 12 months probation). Step 4 is termination. I've never had trouble with attendence before, but never been sick like this, either.

I also have found out I am allergic to alot of things. Cats (have one), Dogs (want one), dust, mold (several), trees (work with oak and maple--which are two out or 4 or 5 am allergic to), grass, some weeds (ragweed one of them). A whole list of them. Joy, Joy. It is even recommended not to have fish tanks because of mold that can grow in them (Just got one for my daughter). No birds because of feathers (she wants one). Don't open windows, use a/c, stay indoors during peak times (seems like that would be all the time), etc. etc. Because of one mold I'm allergic too (now this is all air born kind of stuff, so far nothing food wise), it was recommended to avoid some cheeses, milk, and citrus fruit/juices because this certain type of mold is/can be in it. Man this sucks!!! I'm stubborn enough that I'm already putting my foot down on some of this.

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone, and I will try to get on-line (if I'm up to it) maybe this weekend and let everyone know how it went.

Missed you all

Kim

P.S. Hope everyone had a Great Easter.

Remember, He is risen!!!

aivlys 04-15-2004 01:41 AM

Hello Ladies! :wave:

Just popping in for a quick hello. I hope all of you had a nice Easter. Sorry for not posting in a few days...Nico is teething again. :yikes: This time, he just wants to be held and just screams when I put him down. I try to make him laugh so that he forgets about the pain and I can see the tooth ready to pop out. Poor thing. I also think that I'm getting post partum depression. I just don't feel like my usual self. Maybe it's because it's "that time of the month". Who knows, I just don't like feeling like this. If I don't feel better with in the week, I'm calling my doctor.

CJ & Sherry- Thank you for the nice comments regarding Nico. He is a cutie, but then again, I'm biased :)

Well ladies, I've got to run and fold some laundry. Nico finally fell asleep so thats good.

Hugs to all!

Sylvia

KimV 04-16-2004 12:32 AM

hi friends!

Well, my surgery went well (had sinus surgery). I'm tired, and can't do anything, but feel okay. I'll get the packing out of my nose in the morning. Can't wait. Can't breathe through nose, have to breathe out of mouth, which is drying it out, plus my throat and mouth is dry from the anestecia (I know that HAS to be misspelled--brain's not working well right now). My daughter has deemed my nose as "icky", which it is.

Not going to right much more now as pain meds are kicking in and my brain is getting foggier by the minute.

Sylvia--How are you doing?? If you want to e-mail me and talk about how you are/have been feeling (possible post-partum depression), please do. My e-mail is [email protected]. I had a terrible bout of it and didn't get treated for it until Hannah was about 5 months old. I know what you're feeling is probably not the same, but I thought it helped just to "vent" to people. Will be praying for you.

Kim

KimV 04-19-2004 04:55 PM

Hello? Anyone out there??

Just checkin'

I'm bored. Only one day into being home this week because of the surgery and already going stir crazy. I'm limited on what I can and can't do, so any serious house cleaning/organizing is out. Can still do the same old stuff, dishes, laundry (as long as I don't bend over--get Hannah to help with this), run vacuum, etc. EXCITING!!!

Well, I'm done complaining (for now).

My Mom is getting ready to move in with us in a couple weeks, so she will be here to help with the major stuff I've been wanting to do, but can't. AND, she is going to watch Hannah for us wich is going to save us money during the week.

Guess that's all for now. Later,

Kim

CJ 04-20-2004 11:31 AM

Hi all - I'm back .....

We're back from our wonderful trip we took w/friends to the New England States ... I could write a book on our "experiences" like purposely going 3 hrs out of our way to Niagra Falls to avoid going thru Canada, and then at the very last exit to NF we missed it and ended up to the exit to CANADA! and no way to turn around! (not an easy feat with a 34 ft motor home towing a jeep - can't back up unless you unhook the jeep then re-hook it up again). So over we go and then had to turn around and go thru customs again! Was not fun .. but we had a lot of laughs after. Traveling 10 days in a motor home with friends w/a mentally handicapped daughter was a challenge but we all did very well (and we're still friends - lol) ... Thank heaven for Walmarts allowing campers to use their parking lots for overnites because most of the camp sites were not open yet for the season ... We had a great time, saw a lot of interesting places ... didn't get to go to QVC (Pennsylvania) for a tour tho ... hoping to go back this fall for that. Also, one of our stops was going to be in Boston, Mass for the day, but it was cold, windy, and raining that day so we passed and went on to Maine ... I've never been there and hubby is always talking about it cuz that is where he was stationed in the Navy (many many years ago) so maybe that will be in our next trip also.

But ... as always, it is always good to "be home" ... now I am re-washing our clothes and getting stuff ready to take up to Gaylord cuz that is where we are heading the end of the week ...

Slyvia:
Hope you are feeling better soon ... maybe it is just that time of the month .. I never had post-partum depression so can't help you there ... feel good SOON!

Kim:
I know all about allergies - I have a lot of them also ... I just live with them and sneeze a lot - lol. Hope you are feeling better real soon. I want to mention that it is not a good idea to put your email address in the threads .. better to send someone a private message to give them your addy .. 3FC has this at the top of a thread reply: "We strongly advise against including your email address in a post. It WILL be picked up by Spambots or unscrupulous visitors."

Sherry and Sharon:
Hey, where are you guys? I expect to see a post from you guys real soon now. I owe you emails ... coming soon - I promise!

Well ... off I go to finish my wash ... will check back later to see who's around!

Love, CJ

Sherry 04-20-2004 05:41 PM

CJ,
Your trip sounded great! I know you had a wonderful time! My Mom & Dad both travel a lot and have been to every place you named. I'm hoping one day Wayne & I will be able to do that too. When you said Gaylord...Please tell me you mean the Gaylord in Nashville!!! I sure hope so! I would love to see you!!! :D

I'm doing great staying OP! I'm doing my water aerobics faithfully 3 times per week and slowing loosing inches and toning up! I want to finally look half way decent in a swim suit this summer.

Hi to Sylvia & Kim :wave: I'll be back later to post to ya'll.

Where are you Sharon?????

HUgs!

CJ 04-21-2004 09:53 PM

Sherry:
Sorry ... not the Gaylord you are talking about (I'd be knocking on your door if it were) ... I'm talking about Gaylord, Mich ... that is where we are moving to ... we will be building our new house there next year but will be moved up permanently within the next couple months! Keep up the good work on your arobics - I'm trying really hard to stay OP too - doing pretty good this week - next week will be better I hope!

Well ... off to bed I go now ... talk to you sometimes tomorrow.

Love, CJ

CJ 04-23-2004 06:57 PM

HELLOooooooo ...HELLOoooooooo .....HELLOoooooooooo ......

WOW ... what an echo! lol Where is everyone????????

Oh well ... just popped in to say hello ... got my Hot Tub up and running today .. should be at the right temperature to go in hopefully by tomorrow nite ... that water is reallllllllly cold!

Hope to hear from someone here soon.

Love, CJ

CJ 04-24-2004 11:10 AM

Just popping in to say good morning everyone! Hope your day is a great one!

We bought a new gazebo to go over our hot tub so we will be putting that up today ... I'll take a picture of it and post later.

Have a great day!

Love, CJ