Old 05-05-2004, 06:22 PM   #91  

I'm not really on any specific plan.. I am trying to follow the guidelines from "The 24 Hour Turnaround".. in general Im trying to eat very few processed foods, white flour, soft drinks, that kind of thing. I also am trying to eat 3 meals with 2 snacks.

I'm all crabby though because my family wants Manwiches for supper tonight and I haven't the foggiest idea how to make that healthy. Blugh.
shellsbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:31 PM   #92  

That's so hard! I hate it when my family wants spaghetti (way to carby).

Good luck to you. It looks like you've made a really good dent toward achieving your goal!

Keep posting, it really helps!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:42 PM   #93  

I ended up having a small one, which is not good because of the lack of vegetables, but it wasnt full of fat, so that's something. I was still hungry so I toasted a wheat tortilla and cut it into chips to have with salsa. Yum!

I am a little disheartened- more impatient than disheartened, I guess. I'm not finding it too difficult to cut off myself from snacks and stuff (soybeans are a godsend for me) but part of me thinks that if I do what I'm "suppossed" to.. well, then, I should lose 50 pounds tonight!

That could happen... right? right?

My pilates instructor is a year younger than me- we actually went to a high school for the arts at the same time- I was there for filmmaking, she was there for dancing. I remember how much we hated the dancers. I was watching her during the class and sooooo jealous of her- then I remembered why I *really* hated the dancers.
shellsbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:19 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome to the Scale Addicts Anonymous Club Shells! I am the Head Addict here!lol And listen to what Kerri said...muscle weighs more than fat....also check how soon ToM is due. I gain a good 4-5 lbs a week or two before ToM. And how to make Manwiches healthy...start off with extra lean ground beef or ground Turkey. Serve on Wholewheat or multigrain bread...There's wholewheat low carb bread too...for added veggies...chop up and add extra tomatoes, onions, beans...and Presto...much healthier Manwiches.

Today has been a good day for eating. It's been four days and no late nite binges. Carbs are low. And I actually slept a whole nite last nite! Got in lots of exercise the last two days as well... however I don't think the nasty scales will show a loss due to it being ToM again! But so far, I haven't had any cravings for chocolate. A short craving for taterchips hit me awhile ago..but it left as soon as I passed the 7/11!!lol

Weather has been great so I've outside more. Which is a nice treat and I'm walking the dogs more. Walking is a good thing!

Hope everyone has a great Humpday!

I'll be starting Scale Addicts #8 on monday!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #95  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

My little victory of the week...I am wearing pants that wear so tight before that I could barely get the zipper up...The best part is that today they aren't even slightly tight... I made my own day
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:03 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the support - I aced my anatomy final last night last class is tonight!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #97  
One step at a time...

Congratulations Grassie! Keep up the great work!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:03 PM   #98  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Way too many people to congratulate today!!!

HS for not partaking in her evening snacking

Grassie for ACING her exams

JEO - for slipping into too small pant and making them fit!!

Shell - for sticking to her WOE 'ing!!!

Etc.etc.etc etc.....

will write more tomorrow!!

eating well, drinking well, let see what my scale says at the weekend?!!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:58 PM   #99  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickies! Yes, I'm still around, lurking more than writing, but today I just feel like typing, so here I am.

I feel like I'm finally back on track exercise-wise, even though I think my treadmill may have finally kicked the bucket. I just got back from a 20 minute walk outside, uphill, and I was cleaning porches--moving furniture, vacuuming, and pressure washing--all day, and I know that's got to burn some calories! Still to go tonight I have my LB circuit and hopefully 10-15 minutes on the stairclimber, and maybe some pilates. I really need to start building my muscles.

I'm also eating better, and my weight is still going down, if slowly. Slow progress is still progress! I was changing my winter clothes for summer clothes today, shuffling things around, and I tried on a few things that didn't fit so well last year.... I got on a pair of pants that I've never been able to zip before! Granted, they were still tight, but 10 more pounds and they'll fit perfectly. Now, if I could just do something about those bathing suits....

My brother is building me a new computer for my birthday at the end of the month, one that actually work consistently. I'm so excited! I helped pick out some of the parts--it's going to look so sharp!

Anyway, enough random ramblings from me for one day. Congrats to everyone for doing so well! Keep up the good work!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:03 PM   #100  

Congratulations to everyone - what hard workers!

My scale finally gave me some happy news! I'm down three pounds this week! I'm almost in the next set of ten! Ten at a time, ya know!

VERY happy day!

Have a great night all!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 PM   #101  

YAYYYY for everyone!!!!! All this good news....my only good news is that when I went grocery shopping, I walked down the chip aisle and actually looked at the chips and went EWWwwwww...my body really rebelled at the thought of eating them!

Congrats to everyone on all the exercise, the weightloss, and all those nonzipping jeans now zipping!!

WOOHOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:47 AM   #102  
One step at a time...

Elisha- Congratualtions on getting those pants on! Isn't that just a terrific feeling...I was so excited to be in my those jeans yesterday, so I know you must have been ready to do a victory dance

Kerri- to you on the 3# gone! That is awesome!!! I hope I can follow in your footsteps this week!

HS- You make light of being repelled by the chips, but I think that is equally as satisfying as fitting into my jeans...To know that you have gotten your body to the point of being disgusted by something bad for you should feel amazing....I think you should give yourself more credit for that then you did...So pat yourself on the back and smile, you done good!

I want to send everyone some as I think we all had a great week!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:38 PM   #103  
Confirmed Scales Addict

3lbs must be the magic number this week... I weighed myself this morning and yep you've guessed it...I've lost 3lbs!!! Yippee that puts be back on 126lbs only another 8lbs to go!! Maintaining this weight loss is proving harder than losing it in the first place!

Grassie you'll be so proud of me when i tell you what i've signed myself up for...a 23.4 mile walkathon!!!!!!!!!! I must be It is for our local children's hospital so it's for a good cause, I did it two years ago but only managed 11 miles as the rain was coming down horizonaly and it was so muddy!! Hopefully this year the sun will shine and we will finish the whole course...My 14 year old DD has managed to secure sponsorship from a local company for over a hundred pounds!!! Its on the 6th June so we had better get in some training!

Hope you all have a great weekend...we are such a bunch of loser we deserve one!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:29 PM   #104  

3 is the lucky number! I'm down 3 from the ToM weigh in..so water bloat is going away. A walkathon! That's awesome Tulip! Good luck and Goodshow for DD getting the sponsorship...start walking now to prepare for next month!

Jeo/Jenn: thanks for the upbeat pep talk! Made me smile! I'll look at that way now everytime I avoid something bad for me!

I'm going away this weekend to the BFs family for Mom's Day...will be back late sunday nite! Don't let us fall off the board ladies! I'm counting on you!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:11 PM   #105  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Good news, chicks!

Today's weigh-in showed 219! Yay! That was my goal for May 29th. I guess I'll have to adjust!
I think I'm going to set my goal to 216... three weeks, three pounds, I can do that. I'm hoping for 215, but with ToM coming up, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.
And as far as being addicted to the scale goes, I've decided that if it says the same more than one day in a row, it must be right! One day proves nothing (even eight times during that one day), but two days is a pattern.

Oh, and the tech writer job I applied for a while ago... well, it just turns out the guy's been out of the office for a while, but he's going over resumes one day this coming week, and my friend who works there says that he doesn't think anyone else has even applied for the job. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this job! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Everyone, congrats on the 3 pound losses this week, even if I only lost 2! I'll take whatever I can get! Have a great weekend!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote