Old 05-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #76  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I wish I had a holiday today...I have to wait to the end of the month to get the day off...Anywho, I'm sure that cleaning house burns a lot of calories, it's great to make good use of a day off!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys - weekend was awful BUT not as awful as it could have been I managed to eat chocolate once each day and not let it turn me into a cookie monster and I'm okay getting back on track this morning. I'll take that

Kerri - sometimes I'll stall for 4-6 weeks at a time and it drives me ape crazy!! Then one week I'll drop 5 pounds from no where....and be back on track again. I've heard the SF candy can get you too - it makes me sick, sick, sick!! Still haven't found one I can do. So I just wait and if I must have it I eat the most natural thing I can find. - won't help me lose weight but atleast I'm not stuck in the bathroom all day Oh and running 3.5 miles per day - we're going to have to vote on this and see how we all feel about it. In case you haven't noticed we're kind of lacking in the exercise department here.... just kidding!! That's great that you're running so well!!! Keep that water intake up and keep running and you've got to drop weight - try using a tape measure for a while too......a lot times that will change first. Looks like TF and I will use you as our motivator to get moving

Raining here today - finals week and moving a little at a time. lots of good stuff going on (not the rain, it's not that great). Exciting week though - either way I hope you're all having one too!! Talk to you soon. mrm
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #78  

Thanks for the input. I had three different types of sugar free candy in my work drawer that just went in the garbage can. I was reading on some other posts about them and I have decided they are just plain evil. No more. I was also feeling my sugar cravings coming back. I hope not eating them now will get that back under control. I'm making Thursday my weigh day (for reporting anyway) so hopefully the scale will move by then.

Take care and have a great day!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:03 PM   #79  
One step at a time...

I just wanted to post a quick update before I hop in the shower... I weighed myself when I was at the gym, even though I know your weight is lower in the morning, and I was down to 210.5# which makes me wish I had weighed myself in the morning.

But I am happy to take what I got since I am now officially 20% done with my 50#...

10# down 40# to go....
Old 05-03-2004, 07:11 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Sounds like everyone's week is off to a great start! Glad to hear about the holiday Tulip! Grassie, moving? and only one chocolate a day...good for you! Kerri, good thing to hear about the upping of the running. I keep saying I'm going to start...and I never do. Maybe you can be my motivator since Raven is busy!lol Kerri, Way to go on the loss! I hate it when you weigh something different on a different scales...which i why I only weigh myself at home! Keep up the good work ladies!

My eating has been spectacular for two whole days now. Water intake is not bad. So one day at a time...it's those late nite binges that I have to stay away from.
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:37 AM   #81  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good Morning!

DD is home from school with a cold...sniff! sniff!! so I'm playing nurse maid today! I've had a good breakfast loads of water and have stood and ironed for 2 hours!! So i'm off to a good start...I also have a fridge full of homemade soup for lunch!!! So I'm feeling pretty positive today!

Kerri - hope your sugar cravings are under control

Jen - Like HS says...stick to one pair of scales...I hate it when you get different readings!!

HS - Curb those late night binges...you know they don't do you any good! Try to plan a bigger breakfast as a treat for not giving in to them, or make sure your evening meal is that little bit bigger to stop you feeling hungry??

Hope everyones having a good Tuesday!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:09 AM   #82  

wow, so many people!! good to see everyone!

TF - sorry your DD is sick - hope it doesn't spread! Sounds like you are in much better spirits now. Good for you! We've got some serious movers on the board...looks like we're going to have to rethink the couch potato stance soon

HS - the big breakfast idea sounds cool! I know what you mean about the late night snacking though. I ate dinner at 10:00 last night (second dinner). Today there is no loss on the scales.

Kerri - can you have berries at all? Most of them are relatively low in carbs. You can have a couple of strawberries or blueberries and put some splenda on them...it will give you a quick "sugar" taste with fewer carbs. I'm with you on the SF chocolate though!! so sad that it's everywhere, just tempting us with it's LC label!!!! Hang in there!! Maybe set a chocolate cheat day every two weeks - but when you DO cheat, make sure it's the GOOD STUFF! Don't cheat with cheap chocolate! Then at least you won't feel like you're depriving yourself of something you love.

Jen - my gym has a set of scales too....right in the middle of the huge weight room. Everyone on the machines with nothing to stare at while they're running, walking, and panting just watches people get on and off the scales! I have NEVER gotten on them!

well guys, studying for another final. 2 more days!!!! I will worry about eating after that....last night of class is a big bash at a bar anyway (thursday night)...lots of yummy bar food....none of that has carbs, right hee hee!!

See you all soon! meri
Old 05-04-2004, 09:30 AM   #83  

Morning ladies! Breakfast is always big..usually my biggest meal of the day. I think I need to eat a bit more at supper. Day 3 and eating is on program!

TF sorry to hear DD is sick..My niece just got over a cold. Hope she's feeling better soon!

Grassie,,,good luck on all the tests and exams! I'll have a glass of wine on Thursday in celebration for you!

See everyone later today!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:09 AM   #84  
One step at a time...

Grassie - If my gym's scales were in a place like that, I wouldn't go near them...But I go to Curves which is all women so they know how we feel about that...the scale is in the back against the wall and all the machines are in a circle facing the middle of the room, so no one can watch you
Old 05-04-2004, 11:29 AM   #85  

Good job you guys! My sugar cravings are a little better today, but they always are in the morning. Nights seem to be the worst for that. I did mix up a low carb dessert that I had a little of last night. I just seemed to want more and more though. We'll see where I stand tonight. I did survive last night so I'm sure I can again.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2004, 03:09 PM   #86  

ok, where's my post?????? I will write you guys later, when I figure out how to post again Hope everyone's having a great day. I will pop in after exams. Time to go into hiding and study hard!!! Keep up the good work guys!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #87  

GOod Luck Grassie!

Kerri keep up the good work...nite time is bad for me too. You'll get over it...another thing that I find helps me...keep busy...specially your hands...it works for me!

JeoJenn, I wouldn't get on a scale where everyone could see me either...too terrifying. And I love that little chickie 10lb icon!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY for YOUUUUU!!!

Day three has gone well cept for the fact I don't feel good. Regular trips to the porcelaine throne are sure to be making a bit lighter this friday!lol Must be something I ate today...doesn't wanna stay in the tummy.

See everyone tomorrow!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:54 AM   #88  
One step at a time...

Thanks HS! I think there must be something in the air because everyone seems to be sick....I hope you feel better today!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #89  

Hey everyone, this is my first post in this thread, but I have a weird scale obsession thing going on so I would love to talk with similar crazies

I just got back on my diet a week ago (yet another re-start) after a month of binging and general unhealthiness. I had lost a few pounds but then I got on the scale today and had gained! I need to stop it with the scale- I used my tape measure and in this past week I've already lost an inch on my waist. Does it happen often that you lose inches without losing pounds?

My second Pilates class was today (first one was monday, and I have been sore ever since) and I'm feeling really good about it- I was in a wheelchair for the latter part of last year after a car accident so I lost a ton of flexibility. In just two classes I can already tell a difference! It makes a good supplement to my treadmill-and-weights pattern.

I'm feeling pretty good because before I would have gotten really discouraged because of the scale, but I'm not letting myself get bummed about it. I'm reading "The 24 Hour Turnaround" and it says that you can't lose weight if you don't have faith. So this time, I'm having faith that if I just take care of myself it will all fall into place.

I've quit smoking, I'm trying to quit drinking, I'm drinking a ton of water.. that extra 1 added to the number on the scale ain't gonna get me this time, buddy.
shellsbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #90  

Hi Shellbells,

I too am ruled by the scale. I was in a very crabby mood last week because I KNEW I was doing everything right, yet the scale wouldn't move. I was exercising and eating according to plan. Grrr... I TOTALLY understand.

One thing a friend reminded me of several times last week though (which I already knew but somehow didn't want to accept) is that when you're working out and you increase what you do, you're essentially building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. The same weight of muscle takes up about half the space of fat. So, clothes feel looser, but the darn scale just sits there.

Another thing I started this week, which has been REALLY helpful is posting my daily food plan on one of the other pages (Atkins). I'm on the Atkins and we count carbs. Anyway, I was just kinda counting in my head, thinking I was staying in balance. When I actually started posting my daily menu, I realized I was over on my daily totals. So, now that I post it everyday, I can see if I'm really where I should be, and if I have a count wrong, someone generally says something, which is really helpful. I also am more inclined not to cheat and go by plan if I've told someone or several someones what I intend to accomplish that day.

Overall, I say, try not to get to hung up on the numbers, even though I do it too. Sounds like you're going in the right direction though! What plan are you on?

Keep me posted! Good luck!