Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #61  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Those scalloped pots sound yummy. I'm jealous.

I'm expecting the first of visiting children in about 10 minutes. It is friend Lisa's son who also happens to be ds12(can you believe my baby is 12????)'s friend. What am I going to do with them today???? It is raining.

Dd wants to look for a job. She needs one. The play is over and she has way too much time on her hands.

Painty, my kids prefer money to candy. DH and I ate most of the candy that was eaten yesterday.

I'm going to go make big promises to my cleaning group...I'll see you later....l
Old 04-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #62  

It was a beautiful Sunday here. Time for shorts and flip flops. Can't call them thongs anymore, ppl think you're talking underwear. The Easter bunny visited my children, DH and our extra son too. He knew I didn't need candy and skipped me. Sunday was also DD's birthday. She got new tires for her car. She was thrilled.
Bagzie, you are such a wonderful sister. It's terrible that your lil' sis has so much on her shoulders. Are there any social worker organizations that could help her? Did her DH have any siblings?
The way to grill the salmon and have it turn out yummy is to use a cedar plank. You soak the plank for 2 hrs., then put the seasoned salmon on it, and grill it on low flame. The plank smokes and makes the salmon taste wonderful. The best part is DH cooks it. It's his specialty.
Kiwi, your scallops sound delish. I love them when they get all crispied around the edges. Our bbq guests yesterday were all under 25, except for Grandpa Jim. He only thinks he's 25. We had a group of 10. It will take me a week to recover. Painty, the next holiday is Mother's day. You only have to relax to get ready for that one. As usual, Bunco was a rousing success. Except I didn't win any money. I did eat and drink to excess. Don't worry, it was only iced tea.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i hate to use the word ******ed===it is mean---so i am LEARNING DISABLED WHEN IT COMES TO THIS MACHINE----SOOOOOO I am trying to use the "enhanced mode" WHO ELSE USES ENHANCED MODE????MAYBE I WILL GET THE HANG OF IT EVENTUALLY!!!---wabby---my sister's dear dh has THREE sisters and one brother----one brother lives in town but his wife does NOT want the inlaws on her turf---the sister who is in town is "unstable and unreliable" and actually YELLS at these poor sick old people---the inlaws are VERY sweet and thankful for everything you do for them which makes it particulary sad----yesterday sis had to go out for a while and my dd19 was watching the kids----the old folks knew sis was out but they thought i was there===they were calling for ME ----dd told me {we only live across the park from each other} Poor Nanny needed to have a BM and you have to wheel her in and get her up and on the facilities {she is totally paralyzed on the left side} NEEDLESS to say====can you imagine how humiliating this is!!! her poor husband is too frail to help mover her AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH----the other two daughters live "away" and like most in such a situation are "unable " to help at this time---they are on a waiting list for a nursing home but the list is months long------they have nurses in to check on them and some home care comes in daily but you just can't call them up when you have to go to the can~~!!!!!-----to top it all off my sis is away all week for work and her babysitter the ANGEL from Heaven!!! gets to do double duty all week----i will go over to help of course but suffice it to say------------ I AM UNIMPRESSED WITH MY SIS'S IN-LAWS---- I know some of you can relate----- FOR SURE!!!-----keeps me busy though!!! as far as favourite easter candy===i am in love with Lindor WHITE chocolate balls----------------PEACHERS REPORT BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY!!! AND FRAPPE REPORT IN OR ELSE WE SHALL SEND THE CYBERCOPS TO LOCATE YOU!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:55 AM   #64  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Special Thanks To Kiwonkers For Her Assistance On The "modes" She Is A Genius!!! Oxoxoxoxo Ps---can't You Think Of A Way For Us To Get Rich On The Computer Like Ding Dong Flylady????? We Should All Be Able To Come Up With Something????!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:45 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Peaches Where Are You ?????????????????????????????????

Bagz, your sissie is being taken advantage of in the most outrageous way. What kind of people would do this to someone? I mean just imagine--you lose your brother, so you send your aged parents to be cared for by his widow who works and has several small children? They should all be ashamed of themselves. And in fact, they should be publicly shamed! Your sister is an angel, but this isn't really even her responsibility. She's going to exhaust herself. I had sort of assumed that her dh was their only child -- ha! You're not shy, why you don't have at them?

Y'know, Bagz, as soon as I have pots of time, I'm going into online business with you I have just the thing.

Well, as you can see, I've done no exercise for weeks on end. I'm going to go work out if I can tear myself away from my email.

Tata.

Kiwi
Old 04-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #66  

Bagzie, your sis's in-law siblings should be ashamed of themselves. We get total responsibility for DH's father, but at least it's DH's father. We are also very fortunate that he is in good health. I don't know what will happen if he needs nursing care. I have some major issues with DH's siblings. They never come around. On my fil's 92nd birthday we are the only one who bothered with any gift or celebration. I just can't understand how ppl get so self centered.
Kiwi, I haven't been getting any exercise either, but for me that's nothing new. I count shoveling as exercise. Have you ever noticed how boring exercise is? Let me know what your new internet business is. It doesn't have anything to do with male enhancement, does it? I get plenty of spam advertising that.
Gosh, that green is hard to read, isn't it?
Old 04-13-2004, 06:15 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

I have exercised. And showered. Oh, and weighed myself to confirm that I haven't lost an ounce.

I am planning, doing laundry, making phone calls and other stuff to further my trip next week. At this point, we are arriving in NYC on Monday, and we have tickets to Fiddler on the Roof and Amateur Night at the Apollo, plus the intention of seeing an old Dixieland Jazz guy playing at an Italian restaurant. Almost like a plan.

I'm starving. Must go eat vast quantities to insure that all exercise is pointless.

Kiwi
Old 04-14-2004, 09:41 AM   #68  
loves kleenex box art

Hi. I've been ... uh ... I don't know. I haven't read lately. I apologize. I see that Bagz's sil is being beseiged. I hate to know that even wonderful people like Bagz get this kind of stuff in their lives.

I am still learning this site. Here.
Bye.
] place to click

Last edited by Cowpernia; 04-14-2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #69  
fatter than U

Thumbs up Wow!

Now I can say I know someone famous

P.S. I exercised and I THINK I may have seen a muscle. Have I mentioned how much I love my Pilates tape? It's all purple just like this.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:47 PM   #70  
Member w/ messiest house

Purple Pilates Purple Pilates Purple Pilates Purple Pilates Purple Pilates I just typed that 5 times fast. I'm a dimwit.
I love Peaches' story. I'm only partway through it. She is brilliant, dontcha think?

My DH is going to an awards dinner in the state capital tonight. His work group is being giving some kind of award by the governor or somesuchbody. He offered to let me drive him. But of course I wasn't invited to the event, so I declined. pooh on them.

Kiwi
Old 04-14-2004, 06:42 PM   #71  

Our Peachez is brilliant. I loved your story.

I'm trying to be good, but my Mom took me out to lunch and some bank person stopped by the office with misc. promotional gifts and chocolate.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #72  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

I have already read this piece. WHY???Because I googled the author. She used to be our friend.But now, that she is internationally recognized, she no longer needs us. I happened to be very fond of this one. Particularly the pointy chin.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #73  
loves kleenex box art

POintY Chin? Was this a billy goat story?? Thank you anyway. So nice to be googled. I guess. Maybe. It's my day off. You know what to do.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:06 AM   #74  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default We Want More!!!!

if i were loharsie i would post a poll---but i haven't figured that out yet-----who thinks that PEACHERS should use her story of our twelve year old heroine as Chaper One in her new "tweenager angst" book-----------also readable by adults----even better--------------- I want a follow up chapter to this little chick------who thought the blind man was faking her out????
Old 04-15-2004, 07:04 PM   #75  

Just checking in..... I thought at first the blind guy was a pedophile. Wasn't sure if he was a blind pedophile or not. My parents have arrived back from their winter nest in Arizona. I seriously think they may be losing it. Have I mentioned the fact that they have a mobile home on a lot in AZ, and last year completed the building of a home in AZ that they have completely furnished with new stuff, and they have never moved into. They have occasional card parties at their new house with friends, and my mom has had lots of fun decorating it. Now she tells me that they have started building another new house in AZ, because they decided that they'd like a bigger lot. They have not listed either of their present homes for sale, but she says that they will eventually do that once their newest home is built. In the mean time their great big house in Portland isn't even listed for sale anymore. I don't even want to know. It just drives me too crazy. Sugar, a muscle??? really? I'm impressed. I was starting to get the beginnings of a muscle when I was doing my weights, but I've slacked off and my arms are back to flabby. Remember my lil sis's baby boy? He's now in 1st grade and has been booted out of the after school program for saying something obscene to a little girl. Gosh, they do grow up.
Closed Thread