Old 04-24-2004, 03:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 17

We brought Eric home yesterday morning. He handled everything wonderfully. He was a little sore at the incision area when he first got out of bed and was limping for a while, but he was clearly acting and feeling normally within a few hours. The biggest challenge is getting him to take it easy for a whole week! His Mom and I are frazzled. We are not going to know anything until late next week.

In the meantime, I need to turn my attention back to myself. I had handled being along much better than I would have thought, and I ate pretty well for those 3 days. But, when he was in the hospital, I blew it big time! I've gained several pounds. I'm sure much of it is water, but I look and feel heavier. This continued all day yesterday.

So, this morning is a new start! I am ready to get back on track now. 1fer land or bust!
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 12:21 PM   #2  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Dan! Glad things went well and you guys are back at home. I kinda went over on my points yesterday, not because of bad choices, just too much of a good thing! I made homemade taco salad and it was awesome! Just couldn't get enough of it. Oh well, lesson learned.

Can't stay on long, as hubby may call from Thailand.

Take care everyone.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:14 PM   #3  

hello everyone, one of those rare occasions where my daughters are not online. really rainy day. went to church this morning probably won't tonight. went to the gym after lunch and got a great workout. dan i am sl glad to hear your son is home. will keep you all in my prayers til you hear the results. hello chach, i hope your weekend is going great. i don't know what i would do without my other half for so long. you are a trooper. i will catch all of you guys tomorrow.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 09:44 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi all!

Boy, I am glad these threads finally came back online! I was dying!

Dan: Hope you, your family and Eric are all recovering nicely. I hope things go as smoothly as they have up to this point!

Chequita: By the time you read this, I am sure you will have weighed in and be in 2FERVILLE with me!! Oh my gosh, aren't you so excited?

We have been trying to keep busy. I've been cleaning house and had to get out of the house yesterday because I was eating everything not nailed down!! I did not exercise yesterday, but that was the only day so far this week. I got up this morning, did my Gazelle for 30 minutes, walked all over the stores and Costco, then did 30 minutes of Taebo as son was sleeping for his nap, then we just got back from a bike ride. Boy, I sure am getting a lot of exercise in!

Heard from hubby last night finally! He is settled and getting really busy. I knew I'd hear from him eventually!

Busy week this week with tire changeovers, WW meeting, Homeowners Association meeting (I am the president) and then a big bridal shower at my house Saturday morning. I am hoping to be so busy I won't be consumed with food thoughts. Yeah, right!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Chach
Old 04-26-2004, 04:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, everyone.

My eating is getting better, but not to the point that I'm going to start losing weight again. I have not been going to the gym lately, either.

At least I've been walking more lately. I need to get the exercie back into the program. I'll try to go tonight.

Have a good week, everybody.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:20 AM   #6  

well chach wi was not as expected. i stayed the same. my scales are so totally scared to go below 300 lb. staying is better than gaining. twoferville is mine, it just may be next week. talk to everyone more later.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:18 PM   #7  

Hey all. Weigh in today did not go well. Gained one pound. Just one more reason to hate weight training I had dad throw out some food I had in the house that I did not need. Well, keep plugging away. have a good day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:33 PM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry weigh ins did not go well this week so far. I hope mine goes well on Wednesday, but we shall see! I had a little run-in with the guacamole and couldn't stop eating it yesterday. Ugh! Back OP today and will be OP until further notice!

Dan: Okay, time to get back on track, right? I know it's frustrating when everything comes at you at once. I'm glad Eric is doing well and you are all back home!

Jolly: Oh man, up a pound? I hope that throwing out the food works for you. I ended up eating all the bad food! Now I feel icky and it's my own fault.

Chequita: Dang! I had your spot all ready in 2ferville! Next week it's a date!!

Working hard to undo that bad I did the last two days. I always end up doing this to myself. When will I learn? I don't know if I will get my next 5 pound star this week! I just hope to lose what I gained from this weekend and not show a gain!

Okay, good luck everyone!

Chach
Old 04-27-2004, 09:28 AM   #9  

Well, I hope throwing the bad food out helps. I am suffering from cravings, but want to look good in my show clothes more than I want the food at this point. I did weights again today - even though I am really unhappy about the weight gain. We shall see. I am also going to try and cut down to two diet sodas a day. That should be interesting, especially for those around me. Maybe I should just go cold turkey, though I don't know what I would drink at work. I just can't take THAT much water.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I brought up the end of the month with my father last week. He said he had no plans (what WAS he doing all month?) but would be gone. I am trying to get an appointment with a place that provides services for vets. Hopefully I will have things sorted out soon. I love him, but I need alone time. I have only been alone in my apartment one time the whole month. All he does is smoke, take the dogs out to pee, do the dishes, and go to his doctors' appointments. Sigh.

Hope all is going well for everyone else. have a great day.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #10  

jollygirl, i pray that everything will work out for you and your dad. i know the stress can be a killer.
chach my fingers are crossed for your weighin, and i know everything will be fine.
everyone else, i hope your tuesday is going great. talk to you all later.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi all.

Jolly: Hope that things work out with your father. I can only imagine how stressful that must be! Sounds like you are taking steps to avert a big stess meltdown, though. Keep up the great work! I drink about 3 or 4 diet sodas a day. I also get my 64 ounces of water in a day. I don't think sodas are that bad for you, so I keep them in my fridge nice and cold and ready to drink. Too much water is also not so good!

Chequita: Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. I know I am going to be up this week. The exercise along with the bad eating this weekend will result in a gain. I guess I have to be accountable for it, as they were my choices to do with the bad eating. I have lost 9 weeks straight, so I am allowing this one bad week. (I don't like it, but hey, you know, it happens.) I am guessing I will be up about 3 pounds. Ick. A lot of exercise and muscle building, so I am going to write the gain off to some of that.

Dan: Hope you are doing well.

Kinda in a bummer mood, so I will keep it short. I'll check in tomorrow morning, and then again after weigh in tomorrow night.

Chach
Old 04-28-2004, 01:42 AM   #12  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone.

Sorry I have been missing for a little bit, but hope to have more time to post now.

Dan you and your family are in our prayers. I am glad you are all home and I am sorry about the stress that you and your wife are going through waiting for the results to come back. I hope to be reading soon that you are taking family time at the gym once again.

Audrey, this will be your week that your scale will be down for you. How many kids do you have and how old are they? I know what it is like to try and fight for computer time. Tonight I am up way past my bedtime just to get some time.

Jolly. When did your dad move in with you? I hope that you are able to sort it all out so that he can move someplace close that you can see him as often as you want to. How much pop do you drink in a day? I like pepsi and if it is in the house I drink way to much. I am now trying to break the coffee habit.

Chachee is this the first time that you talked to your hubby since he left? Maybe that is why you enjoyed so much guacamole! You were worried. Have you found yourself more op since you talked to him? Don't worry I think your weigh in will be ok. Just do a few more minutes on that gazelle tomorrow morning.

Ok I must run and I hope to check back in tomorrow.

Have a great day.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:19 AM   #13  

luckycharm, i have 3 daughters, 2 of which still live at home, 1 is 15 yrs. old and the other is 16 yrs. old. how lucky am i?? lol!!! hope everyone else is doing great. oh and glad to see you back luckycharm.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:20 PM   #14  

Hi all. I went to the gym this morning. I was going to do an aerobics class - but I don't know if I was overtired, extra blonde, or what, but I could not keep up with the steps. Since I don't think "the guppy" (standing around with your mouth opening and closing) burns a lot of calories, I quit and did the elliptical trainer. ah well. Not much else going on. Just trying to not go crazy. Or crazier. We shall see.

Take care all, and have a great day.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:32 PM   #15  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

Lucky: Welcome back. I've talked to my hubby a couple of times, but not more than about 5 minutes at a time. A little concerned with all the stuff going on over there right now, but I won't give into my stress eating like normally. Off to WW tonight and face the music.

Chequita: Your place is reserved right here next to me for next week. You going to make it?? I know you will!

Jolly: You had me rolling! The Guppy is a great term! I'll have to use that when Billy is getting the better of me with Taebo! How are you doing with you dad as the end of the month approaches? Any leads on Vet homes?

Dan: Still thinking of you! Hope things are going okay.

Well, off to WW tonight and weighing in with probably my first gain since I started in February. Nuff Said! I'll deal with the scale and put it away after tonight. I won't step on it again until Sunday when I weigh for my challenge. Twice a week is enough. I will hit that 20 pound mark next week for sure!

Chach