Old 04-17-2004, 12:15 PM   #61  
Student of the Hoof

Hiyas chickies!!

I'm feeling much better today.. still things going on in my brain, and I'm anxious about some stuff that might be happening (praying, hoping). Good stuff. So .. I'm just doing the impatient dance and crossing my fingers a lot lately.

My life feels better. How is everyone doing? I know Happy is off traveling the world.

Hippy!? How went the big night??

Chachee - Having a good weekend? When does DH depart?

Sassy - Have you walked the walk again?

Lucky - Things are getting better (I hope!), thank goodness. I'll PM you later and fill you in!

Ok girlies... I need to run off - no horse time for me today. But, it's Machine's birthday!! So I need to go finish his shopping, get a few groceries, come home and wrap and bake his cake, then we're going out to dinner, coming home and eating cake and ice cream, and then he gets to open his presents! I'm getting him breeches and a new PS2, which he is SO not expecting. He knows mom is broke, but .. I've saved a little here, a little there, and managed to swing it. I think he'll be tickled. His dad sent presents, too... so all in all, I think it's going to be a good little birthday for my Machine!

Hope everyone's weekend is beautiful and fun!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:28 AM   #62  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Happy Sunday Chickies.

So why does the week drag on and on and the weekends just seem to fly?

Raven how was the birthday? Did you get any sleep last night or were you all up playing games and watching movies? Here is some more for you and your goodstuff to happen for you very soon.
That is great about Nick losing a few pounds also. Kristi used to be a fairly chunky until she started riding 4 years ago. I will maybe have to post some before and after pics of her. I wouldn't think that you would get such a workout riding, but you sure do. Did you have any problems with Machine or Richard when you started your family eating healthier? Or do they just eat what you put in front of them?

Hippy so how did the big night go? You will have to post some pictures also. Did you shed a few tears when you saw him all dressed up and ready to go for his first big night? Did you get to see his date all dolled up also? Did you and hubby sneak out and peek through the windows at the dance? (I would)

Chachee and good job on your wi. There are alot of people that have been successful on the ww program. Have you still been working out on your gazelle? So is your hubby gone now for the next 8 weeks? What is he going to say when he comes home to a new woman? In 8 weeks you could have lost another 16 pounds. I hope he gets paid well, as you will have to go on another shopping trip.

Sassy, I hope you have a few extra rooms at your house, because I plan on winning the lottery in the next few weeks and then we are all coming to visit you. Then we can all do the stairs with you. I got a new computer for christmas as our last one crashed and I haven't put icq on this new one yet, as I am still trying to talk myself into believing it is a safe program to put on here. Kristi did set up msn for me but I can't remember my name I will have to get her to set it up so I can add all of you who have it.

Happy I sure hope that you are having fun. Hey win lots just in case I don't win the lottery ok? Here are some good vibes and for you to quit smoking. Hope you have a chance to check in.

Well as for the daughter, I got a call from her best friends mom yesterday, she found a note and it sounds like the girls are doing the drug ecstasy. They have found a group of 18 year old boys that have decided that they like her and her friends. It has been a little battle. Today, this morning we are taking a little trip as she assures me that her and a friend were going to a horse sale in a little town 30 minutes from here. I told her they could only go if I took them so I guess we will see if they were trying to pull something or if there really is a sale.

I must run and get some breakfast for the little guy here who is letting me know that he is hungry, so I hope that everyone enjoys their day and I will be back later.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:00 PM   #63  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello ladies!

Okay, so I had a horrible day yesterday with my eating. I ate everything bad for me and everything that wasn't nailed down. Enough of that, because I feel like crud!

Today starts my mini-challenge to myself and some other WW friends. While hubby is gone (he leaves Tuesday night) I am going to be so focused!!!

Raven: I know how it is to get in a head funk. It passes and hopefully things are okay now. Sounds like you are going to give Machine a wonderful birthday. PS2 is great and he is going to be so excited! You are a cool mom! I bought my family the Gamecube for Christmas last year. We love it!

Lucky: Hubby does get paid extra while he's gone, so the new clothes shouldn't be a problem! Actually, I want to lose enough to get into a cute little sweater I have and the notorious "skinny" jeans that are tight right now. That would be a wonderful present to myself and to him.

Okay, ladies, so my hubby and I had "the talk" people need to have when one starts really losing weight and changing their image. I assured him that I am doing it for myself and our family so we can have a more active and longer life together. He just was nervous that I am going to lose this weight and go find someone else. No way that will ever happen. He's a wonderful man and I can't believe he was feeling that way about the whole situation. Cleared the air and things are good. So silly!

Alrighty, I'm off to my last board and then to clean house, go for a walk, and then to Sam's Club to get veggies, yogurt and fruit.

Take care and talk to you all later!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:07 PM   #64  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Oh, Lucky, I forgot to let you know that I am doing my Gazelle each morning for about 20 minutes. I am really enjoying it! Let me know what new piece of equipment you dream about and I'll go check it out!! Tha was so funny!

Chach
Old 04-19-2004, 09:07 AM   #65  
Student of the Hoof

Good morning, chicks...

Back to work, back to reality...

Lucky - YOUR daughter isn't doing ecstacy, is she!?! Isn't she only like one year older than Nickie?? Machine's birthday went well, other than the birthday cake turning out like crap. That's ok - Maybe it was me trying to protect myself from eating too much of it. But he got his breeches and his PS2 and some stuff from his Dad and all is good. I'd love to see some before and after pics of Kristi! I know Nickie is now wearing stuff she was in about two years ago, so there is definite improvement happening. I think it helps that she now has a focus, not just physically but emotionally too. She doesn't eat to fill the void, you know what I mean? I think I'm really lucky in the sense that both my guys are very happy with eating healthy, too. Richard could stand to lose a couple pounds (maybe 20?) and Machine needed to get a little less fluffy, too. We were all well on our way to being a very chubby little family. Machine's "fat" jeans are now nearly falling off him, and he's fitting into jeans shorts he was wearing two summers ago, too. I told him he doesn't need to lose weight, he just needs to maintain, and he'll grow into it! What about you, do you have trouble with your family eating the healthy stuff? Please keep us posted on the Kristi thing... Older boys and drugs is a SCARY combination, and teen girls seem to think nothing will ever happen "to them." Yeah.. it always happens to someone else.

Chachee - Your eating day sounds like my Saturday. I was prepared for it, but wow... still took me a little by surprise. Water under the bridge now, and yesterday was OP again, so is today... it was a birthday and I'm not going to let it worry me. Ah yes.. "the talk." Richard and I have had a few of those - noteably right after Valentine's day when he was trying to feed me more chocolate. And that is SO unlike him - he's usually right there cheering me on and I don't think he's EVER sabotaged me, so I was pretty shocked when he started that. I think it's true, they always think we're losing so we can find "someone better." Ok, yeah .. I do want someone better, a BETTER ME!! So there. I think he understands now, but I imagine we'll have more moments as I get into better and better shape, and especially after I get the tummy tuck, whenever that happens. (Lottery, right.)

Ok, I'm paying for my multitudinous sins on Saturday. The sodium is still making me feel poofed out - my hands feel like Mickey Mouse hands, all fat. The pollen count isn't helping. It's SO high here right now, and even the allergy meds are only denting the symptoms. And of course I was out in the sun all day yesterday, which means that even though I drank a reasonable amount of water, it wasn't enough. All combined to mean I'm carrying a whole BUNCH of water weight right now. *slosh* I expect it will take me most of the week to get back to normal. So... for right now, go get my oatmeal and fill my water bottle.

Happy Monday everyone!!
Old 04-20-2004, 01:27 AM   #66  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default A very good day

Hi all.

I just wanted to share part of a letter I received today in the mail dated 04/14/04:

This letter is to inform you that we have received and reviewed the submitted chart notes, photos and questionare for a Bilateral breast reduction.

Upon review of the above information, we have determined the procedure is medically necessary for the medical diagnosis' given.

THEY APPROVED MY BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY!! ONE THE FIRST ATTEMPT!!! Oh my gosh, guys, I am so excited! I am still going to lose the rest of the weight, and want to lose a lot before the surgery so he can remove more, but dang, I'm so thrilled. It's only been 3 weeks!

It's kinda hard for me to concentrate on anything else right now, other than diet and exercise and now my surgery. My hubby leaving tomorrow is going to make me even more determined to get more fat off so this surgery is easier for me.

Raven: Sounds like everyone in your family is shaping up! Funny how "the talk" comes up, huh? I had not a clue my hubby was feeling that way!

Well, I'm off to bed, but I wanted to share that with you all since you have been so supportive of me through all this.

Goodnight!

Chach
Old 04-20-2004, 05:42 AM   #67  
Student of the Hoof

Chachee!!!! That is awesome, fantastic, WONDERFUL news!!! Congrats, girl!!! Now you have some real, positive, tangible motivation, and I bet it makes staying OP just that wee bit easier till you reach goal! *big hug* Woo!
Old 04-20-2004, 12:25 PM   #68  
Student of the Hoof

Default This is me....

....trying to wake up my daughter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wakeup.jpg (15.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-21-2004, 02:28 AM   #69  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

sorry i been MIA for a few days got my gunk in a funk and am struggling forgive me for withdrawling. got that ingrained Mommie lesson..........you know the one...... " Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry alone." ~hears her mothers haunting words.....nobody wants to hear your problems, so keep them to yourself. bleck....shaking it off and fulfills a promise made to herself....to post, no matter what or how~ i really hate doing this with this attitude....but here goes......

i am really battling the discouraging demons dolls and i hate it! i´m an instigator, motivator, glass half full gal. i really thought by this time i would be into the One-der-land. instead i am up Another pound. ( i truely Hate my scale. stupid techie thingie..... where are the good old adjustable ones? the ones where the numbers whizzed by the slowly settled? boy would i like to give this one an adjustment...think hammer ~wink~)first time in my life i have ever been this big and i too was under the same misconception, figured because i was so big that first 20 would just "melt" right off of me. but Noooooooooooooo. i get to be the Exception to that statement.

like my tag says its the little things..... well Ladies YOU are my little things right now. each success, each achievement big or small, scale or non-scale are what keeps me keeping on right now. thank you ~smiling softly~ and kudos to you all, i am so very happy for you. living vicariously thru you at the moment.

i wont even shop for a wedding dress right now and my state wedding is the 28th of May ( got changed again) and gala event June 5th. i´m going to roll down the isle...<~~ oh was that self defeating. NO i refuse to do that to myself. i am not erasing those words i am going to fight that attitude. sorry you all have to witness this but i need to dig up my little things. okies i started WW March 1st and lost 10 lbs so far. the slow way, good for you never going to see those 10 again pounds way. okies wheres my windows calculator....... 10 lbs divided by 7 weeks equals 1.4 lbs a week. well that looks good on paper ~trys for the brave lil solider smile~ fine those 10 came off in march, hmmmmmmm. alrighty i danced the same dance in march with my scale. there is 1 day less this month, so that still gives me 9 more days to dance and it aint over till its over right? and hopefully this fat lady will sing come the 30th ~grinz n winks~ on the other hand, lets say i dont lose anything this month what would be the positive to that non-negative.......... i will have maintained. my body stabalizing and settling in, good practice for when i reach goal. have been reading those boards too because i fear complacency and its not over when you reach goal. look at all the ones who come back time and time again. and i dont ever want to be Over-weight again. learned my lesson and like all the lessons i learned in life, naturally its the hard way. ~laughing as she hears the song hard headed hannah running thru her head~ on a roll here.......go sassy go! feed yourself girlfriend ~laughing~ Walking, never was a walker except when i had to or just short lil jaunts around malls, fairs that kind of stuff. started out at a windy 20 and can now do 40 minutes comfortably. learning my neighborhood and the lay of the land, meeting people with a smile and a howdy do, and lastly but not leastly on a love / hate relationship with my nemesis " THE STAIRS ", the 70 ft down and egads up stairs. to a wonderland of fun things for both me and my dog. all in all the good outway the bad here ~smiling brightly~ tweeking my perception a bit. sun is up, birds are singing and i have been gifted another day. my choice on how i am going to live it....... i choose to make the most of it! might even dance like nobodys watching ~wink~ the austrians around me already think i am a kooky, happy, nut. i´ve no intention on changing that either, its fun!

so far i am meeting not exceeding. drinking all my water, walking twice a day totalling no less then an hour. AND got a tastey new summer fruit salad yesterday. loved it, needed a quick easy to go with the burgers and wild rice i was serving for lunch. recipe to follow...... have a good one ladies and thanks for being my lil things!!!

sincerly,
sassy

Cottage Cheese Fruit Salad
1c serv. 1.8 pts. serves 6

1 can Pineapple chunks (drained well)
2 sm. cans Mandarine Oranges (drained well)
2 cups LF Cottage Cheese
1 T Sweetner ( i have to use diabetic, because thats all i can find here)

dump, mix, delve...............Yummmmmmmm, cool refeshing and darned tastey!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:35 AM   #70  

Good Morning

I have been reading but not posting I've been in a mood and I know this place is also for ranting and raving but I feel people might get tired of me not being positive I have done some soul searching, feel much better and I have a plan. First I am taking Happy's advice on thinking before I smoke. No need to do it out of habit so therefore I am making myself wait and have that I don't smoke alot. Kicking this habit is going to be hard and take awhile. I have to continue to work on myself mentally because that seems to be the big issue for me. Next, as far as losing weight I was grabbing at straws. I'm sure the WW program is great for some but I know it isn't for me. I can't eat carbs and be successful because when I eat them I want more. It is a proven fact that the South Beach is what works for me. Not only do I feel better but I lose weight every week. I even feel the need to exercise when I'm on that plan because my energy level is huge. I have discovered that I eat out of boredom so it's important that I fill my time. I also know that any plan is going to be hard for me because I'm queen of the veggie haters club. I will have to be more creative with the veggies that I do like and deal with myself in a strict way when I get stuck in the I'm sick of green crap mood. I am starting the program today and have a chance of losing 20 pounds before vacation.

Raven, I see you are down another pound!!!! WONDERFUL

Chach, so glad to hear you are going to get to have your breast reduction

Sassy, hope you are in a better mood! Glad that you let it all out!

Lucky, glad you posted! Are you preparing for your son to shave? Does he have alot of facial hair? Jordan hasn't had to shave again yet but since he has I keep waiting for it to grow back really dark!!

The dance was a success and Jordan looked so handsome! He couldn't take his girlfriend because she is a 6th grader. Only 7th and 8th were allowed. He danced several times with his old girlfriend and she had someone to take pics and told Jordan she would get double prints. Can't wait to see them!

I made some vacation plans yesterday. We are going to go deep sea fishing and will swim with the dolphins. I can't wait!!!!

Better run!
hippychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:22 PM   #71  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies!

Raven: Yes, this definitely gives me something to work towards. I am so focused right now I can't even believe it! I loved your little picture. That is me trying to wake myself up in the morning.

Sassy: Girl, if you have been exercising more, give your body some time to adjust. I know that is why my loss has slowed, but things are fitting better now. Just give your body some time and concentrate on what you are eating and doing! You can drop that 10 in no time!

Hippy: If SBD works for you,then awesome. I think it's all a matter of finding a program that works for you. The Atkins and SBD don't really work for me because I'm not a big meat eater. I go days sometimes without any meat to speak of. (Other than tuna on my salad sometimes.) Plus, you have to be in the right mindset to want to get this accomplished. I know you have many things going on in your life and have to take it one day at a time right now. Please don't ever feel you can't post because it's negative. We are here to help celebrate victories and support on the tough times. If everyone was always doing good, I'd have to hurt myself!! That means things are "real" and I don't want to be involved in something fake.

Hubby left last night. I started my mini-challenge on Sunday. Doing good so far. This is the first time in weeks I haven't done my Gazelle in the am, but couldn't get up after 4 hours of sleep and workout. Just too tired. Walking at work on my two 15 minute breaks, so that is good enough for me today!

I weigh in tonight. I am guessing about 2 pounds for a loss, because I really messed up last weekend. Not anymore! No more sabotauging myself!!

I'll let you all know how it went!

Happy Wednesday!

Chach
Old 04-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #72  

Good morning!

RAAAAAAVEN.......Where are you? Some of us thrive on your attitude and consistency!!! Hope you are well!

Well Gary and I were suppose to go away this weekend for our anniversary. It has been raining here all week and is suppose to carry through Monday so I think we might shoot for next weekend. We wanted to go to Kentucky Lake but I wanted pretty weather. I don't want to be stuck in the hotel room because of rain. Yes, sometime in the room is a must but there is so much to do there. We just enjoy getting outside. The do have an indoor pool and hottub and so on so who knows, if they change the forcast we might just go ahead and go. Some time away would be great!!

I feel pretty good today. I made it through yesterday without eating everything in sight I had gotten really bad about eating every night while I watched tv and I didn't even do that. For me yesterday was a huge accomplishment so today will be even better!

Gary lost his wedding band awhile ago at work and we have never gone and got another one. I'm really glad because I got him one for our aniversary. I can never think of what to get him so this year was a relief just knowing I had something in mind.

Chach, I keep bouncing around about this WW thing. The meetings appeal to me. I know I said it's not for me but I keep wondering because I know so many people around here that have had great success. Can you what you want, when you want as long as you don't go over your points? Do you feel satisfied? Do you eat their frozen foods or make your own? Do you eat out? I know it's alot of questions but I'm curious.

Hope you all have a lovely day!
hippychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #73  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies! Where is everyone at?? Hmmm…

Okay, weigh in was last night. I am down 2.2 for a total of 17.6 so far. Down to 237.4. Yay for me. I knew it was going to be right around there, as I messed up last weekend. Oh well. I’m very happy for the loss and only 2.4 more and I’m at 20 pounds gone. Something mental with me—doesn’t feel like a real big loss until I am out of the “teens”. Once I hit 20 gone, that is substantial to me. Weird how our brains work.

Hippy: Let me try to answer your questions.

You have a point range for the day depending on your weight. For me, I was at 30 points per day at my highest, but I have moved to the next weight category, so I am at 28 points for the day. After your third week, you can earn “Activity” points, meaning you can add points to your daily amount by exercising. That also depends on your weight and your activity. (They give you a slider to help you calculate how many points you earn.) For me right now, I earn 2 points on my Gazelle in the morning, and 2 more each 15 minute break at work because I walk at a very intense rate. I end up with 6 extra points per day that I do that workout, bringing me up to 34 points a day. I can eat whatever food I want, I just have to subtract the points for it. For instance, I had 15 points left over for dinner last night once I was done with the meeting. I spent 6 of those on a big 3 Musketeers bar because I was craving it. I woke up this morning and wasn’t up any on the scales either. There is also something called “Flex points” which I don’t use. They are 35 weekly points to use above and beyond your normal daily range for something extra i.e. birthday cake, going out to a high points dinner, etc. I do it the old WW way, and bank points if I want. I think that works better for me.

I have never eaten so much food as I have since joining. I will be honest, I think about food more often and plan my food more often now. I fill up on foods that are lower points so I can snack all day long. I’m a big snacker, so it’s important to me to have those points available to do that. My biggest snack at home right now is graham crackers with Lite Cool Whip. I love that snack and I can eat and eat and only use about 5 points. My other snack I like at work are hot Wasabi peas. They are 2 points for ½ or ¾ cup, and they take care of my “mindless” snacking problem. I am also eating a lot of dry cereal for a snack. Grape Nuts “O”’s are wonderful and only 2 points per 1 whole cup! It’s a lot of cereal!

I do eat out, and my favorite place is Applebees. I order their blackended chicken salad and use just vinegar for dressing (no points) instead of any other dressing. That whole thing, for a large size I can’t get through, is only 8 points. That is really good for a meal. I also rely heavily on WW, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice frozen meals for lunches if I am not in the mood for salad. I also enjoy Taco Bell, because I think one of their soft tacos is only about 5 points. Two of those and I’m stuffed. Their Cinnamon Crisps are very low in points also.

I love my meetings, and my leader. If you go and don’t like the leader, shop around until you find someone who fits your style. I would not stay with a leader that did not inspire me. My leader lost 66 pounds last year and looks amazing! I want to be a leader once I hit goal. She’s on vacation now and her fill-in is not so good, but she will be back next week.

I hope I answered your questions. Basically, if you stay within your points, you can eat what you want when you want it—if you want to use the points on something “bad”, then sacrifice on another meal that same day and you will be fine!

Sorry I rambled!

Chach
Old 04-23-2004, 02:43 AM   #74  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Hippy: i felt fab after i wrote that. during the writing i wrote myself right out of the Duldrums. and hadnt gone back! i think alot of that has to do with the weather, i am deffinately solar powered. a couple of days of sun and i am rejuvinated! our spring has been dank, dreary, damp, and defeating mood wise. i know i am one of those who has SAD and needs light. but thanks babes ~grinz n winks~ by the way i am on WW winning points too. i have a gazillion recipes and a puter program that can take any of yours and calculate the nutrition value so we can switch it over to points. feel free to PM me or email me anytime ~smiling brightly~

Lucky: my door is open 24/7 to you guys!! one at a time or all at once i would adore it!! and hey get back here and post, you have been on my mind a lot. i been sending you all these good vibes and warm fuzzies......... can ya feel it??!! ~laughing~

Cachee: my motivation Cueen (Queen)!! your words meant alot. thank you and congrats on ANOTHER loss, beaming for ya babes!! and i am right on your heels following your lead to Fat Freedom ~laughing~

RAVEN............... WO BLEIBST DENN???!!! ~whispers with a cheeky grin~ now she´s got to post just to know what those words are........~snigger, snigger, snigger~

as for me....... i have been having Epiphanies....epifannies...... e-poop-how-do-you-spell-this-word-annies?? ~laughing~ left and right, from the big ones to the itty bitty ones sparked at seeing my shadow. the shadow one was funny may have to share that later ~grinz~ but i want to share a big one and we know how i can get so doing my best to spare you all ~laughing~ time really is a commodity isnt it ( another e-pifa-whatever) so without further ado here goes ....... its about my love/hate relationship/dance with our addicting o-dear-me-meters The Scale......~ba-ba-ba-BUMMMMMMMMMMMMM~

~smiling brightly~ yep found my smile and it is Not directly connected to that mechanical metal monster the Scale. in fact i am showing it a thing or two right now. i slid it under the counter with a huge HAH, take that! turned my back and walked away from it this morning. what is going to help me with my resolve is that i KNOW i am eating within my point range. i KNOW i am getting all my water plus some. and i KNOW that i am moving and grooving twice a day by walking Bosko. (30 minutes minimum in the morning and evening) Bosko just turned a year in february and he is a very rambunctious pooch. you can see it in his face that " oh boy.....oh boy....oh boy" look. a smiling happy puppy. when we go out for our walks every fibre of his being seems to scream " whats that? lets go see!!" or " ooo, ooo, ooo theres something up there....lets go, lets go , lets go!!!" ~laughing~ i know we need better leash lessons. but he pushes me to go faster then i would normally walk. pulling me up hills. he is a fabulous dog and a great motivator. his need fuels my drive. and i wasnt doing any of this a year ago. or even a few months ago. ~smiling softly~

back to the scale. starting today i am going to treat it like i would a craving. whenever i feel drawn towards it i am going to wait 15 minutes. if that doesnt help i will pick a chore or an activity and wait another 15 minutes. if all else fails i will drink 8 oz. of water which will have to kill the urge right there. because we all no 8 oz will add 2-172 pounds.........~nodnodnodnod......laughing~ while i was gaining i wasnt using the scale like a trampoline, jumping on and off all day long. in fact for the longest time it didnt even exist for me. i will not allow an inatimate object to dictate my mood or how i feel about myself on a paticular day. i dont need it for validation. i have my journal, my palm points calculator. diet power for my charts, graphs, what i need more of or less of, and masterchef for my recipes to store, calculate and geez a gazillion other things. just got it still playing around with it. ~sheepish grin~ i have my clothes, mirror, and my shadow on sunny days.<~ i could go off on a tangent here with the shadow thingie. had a revelation bout that too yesterday ~laughing~ but my posts are wordy and windy enough. in fact i would be very suprised if 2 of you actually made it thru a whole post of mine ~laughing~

i am going to use the scale instead of it using me. i will weigh myself on wednesdays and saturdays. i am still contemplating on the time i weigh myself. weighing the pros and cons if you will, of mornings or before i go to bed. mornings we are lighter, but that still sets up or makes me vulnerable to a certain mood for the day. before bed, i may be heavier. but how much heavier could i really be 2lbs tops? and if its going down? hmmmm, also i know what kind of day/days i had. whether they are a.k.a: good ones or bad. i would be able to use it to motivate me for a better day on the morrow. think about what kind of changes i could make before i fall asleep for the next day. and if its going down could help me dream about a thinner more energetic me.

still need to give it more thought which i will do right now. i am off to walk that adorable, thoroughly bred, mixed mongrel with the happy-go-whacky grin. have a fab day ladies and my advice..........Kick that Scale to the Curb. i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders already! ~her fair face beaming~

USE IT..... dont let it Use YOU!!

sincerely,

sassy who adores these lil growth spurts of the Mental not the Physical.......~grinz n winks~

P.S.

wise words written by a wonderful woman....... thank you Cachee!!

<< I will try to overcome the bad food cravings, but if I only slip up by having a couple extra slices of pizza, than dang-it, that is wonderful compared to what I used to do! I need to not beat myself up and realize I'm only human, not a weight loss machine that never has an off week.>>

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 04-23-2004 at 02:45 AM.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:32 AM   #75  
Student of the Hoof

HA!! Sassy - Ich bin hier, gerade wenig verloren...

I'll post more from work, I just wanted to let you all know (translation forthcoming) I am here, just a little lost...

It's been a very emotional week. Big highs (with even highers to come, if things work out right) and some bad lows (can we say boyfriend?), but today feels (please God) almost on an even keel so far. I know I'm being cryptic. All will be revealed (omg I sound like a reality TV show) in a couple weeks or less. Please bear with me, or alternately if you are actually curious about my screwy life, e-mail me.

I am SO glad you guys are all trucking right along, you all are my lifeline, I swear. Ok, I need to get my butt to work. I'll write more from there!