Old 03-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #1  
2BoysMom

Default Stay at Home Moms #143

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:54 AM   #2  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

Welcome Angela, I'm Geri SAHM of 2 boys, Will and Tony, who will be 3 and 1 respectively in May. This is a great place for both weight loss and Mommy support!! Once we get to the 3rd page of a post we usually start a new thread because it's easier to keep up with not so many pages!! You know how scatter brained Mommies can be . I agree with Cindy...try to plan out your meals in advance and make what you can in advance so you have convenient foods to grab. Maybe if I had done that I wouldn't be in this predicament . You're down like 30 lbs from prepregnancy weight, so that is great.

Cindy, the numbers on the scale can be very discouraging. I have a friend who decided she is only going to go by her clothes sizes because her weight fluctuates so much. It's also a good idea if you are weighing yourself to only WI once a week at the same time of day. Whatever works for you!! Glad no damage was done with the dinosaur!!

I have been coloring my hair for many years...I don't do anything wild and I'm too cheap to have it done professionally!! I use L'Oreal Preference Medium Golden Brown. Covers the greys nicely and I do it about every 5-6 weeks. Someday when I'm too grey I'll have to fork out the money to have it done professionally!!

Got my 3 mile walk in again this morning but didn't think I was going to 'cause the little devils were acting up . Wish I could get them outside but it's not supposed to get out of the 30's today . Spring is coming this weekend again . Tony needs a bottle so he's really whining right now...I'll be back later.

Hi to everyone!
Old 03-31-2004, 11:06 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi And Welcome To The New Faces

I Can't Remember Anything From The Last Thread. Scattered Brain Mommy ;(

Geri,
I Am So Happy For You To Get Your Workout In Everyday. You Are My Inspiration! I Have Worked Out The Last Three Days And That Is A Biggie For Me! How Is The Dr Phil Plan Going? Do You Take His Supplements And Such?

Well I Am Full Forced Back On Plan On Day Two Now! My Scale Was Down To 171.5 So I Am Hoping To Keep It There For Tomorrow Or Lower Would Be Nice Too

Have A Great Day!
I Am Running To The Veggie Stand And Will Be Back Later

Whats For Supper???
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Thanks for starting the new thread Geri! Now if I can remember what everyone said in the last thread. Hey I know... I'll open it in another window so I can re-read those posts I'm such a cheat! lol.
Geri, I am with you on coloring my hair. I've always done it myself. Now I don't do all over color anymore but just highlights. Easier to maintain and keep up. But I know when I see my first strand of gray hair (lets hope it isn't for many more years) I will do an all over color again. How old were you when you started getting grey hair?
Candy, I hate waiting for things too! And yes, waiting for my LTT is torture. I keep track on it and it hasn't been mailed yet. Ugh. I thought since they processed the check yesterday it would be mailed today, but not yet. O-well... I need to keep my mind off of it. And my DH likes electronic things. He wants XM radio for his semi but it's expensive and I wouldn't know what I was buying... he also wants a gamecube but we have one already at home so I don't see the point of buying another right now. So I'm not sure what to get him. He doesn't do golf, there isn't even a course around here. So I am clueless. Did you get all your laundry done yesterday? Was your helper better?
Ricci, that study sounds interesting. How long does it last? You won't be harmed will you?? (you don't have to contract yellow fever do you??) the money sounds great though! Let us know all the details. I hope you get your appetite back soon.
Crystal, I am so happy that we were able to help you feel better about being a SAHM. I know it is tough but it's the best job in the world. and I really enjoyed chatting with you yesterday too! And congrats on the 1# down!!! That is great. You are already heading in the right direction.
Candy, so glad your bread turned out great! I am horrible at making homemade bread or rolls. I just can't seem to get them to rise. I've tried 3 times and it never works. What is the secret to putting the yeast into warm water???
Geri, that avon nail stuff is called Nail Experts Strong Results Length and Strength Complex. I need to start using mine again right after I get this polish off.
Welcome Angela!!! I am Spryng, mother of 3 - Ava 4, Joseph 3, and Tanner 9 months. I am currently on weight watchers (doing it at home on my own) and am really close to my goal weight now. I got up to 195 lbs with Tanner (I was always in the 190's with each of my pregnancies) so I've lost alot of weight since then. You have too! What plan are you on or thinking about? But if you want support and encouragement you have found the right place. Hope to see you often here!
Cindy, that is funny about the dinasaur. So far my kids haven't put toys in the toilet yet... but they were getting good at unrolling a whole roll of toilet paper (the double roll kind) and trying to flush it all down the toilet. Needless to say it didn't work. And about weighing phobia... no I don't suffer from that. In fact I used to weigh every day and sometimes more than once a day. Now I only weigh once a week. Sometimes if I know I've done really well I may step on the scale to check my progress but I only write my weight down on my WI day, which is fridays. I think going by how your clothes fit is a good idea unless you wear stretch pants or elestic waist because they will allow you to gain several lbs before really beoming uncomfortable.
Well, I think I caught up with everyone!!
Now about my "expensive dinner" the macadamina nut pesto. How can I sum it up??? Oh yeah, here is the perfect word---- YUK!!!!! I didn't realize it would taste like basil. I thought I was eating a leaf from a tree outside over pasta. It was terrible. I guess if you love basil then this is the dish for you. But I did eat all of mine because I knew there wasn't anything else I could eat so I choked it down. The rolls and oven fried squash was good though ,lol. So the price of the ingredients was outrageous and then it was a flop in the taste department. O-well... never know until you try. Tonight though I am having spaghetti and garlic toast. What is everyone else planning??
Did anyone watch american idol?? Who do you want sent home tonight?? I really think Camile Velasco (the girl ffrom hawaii, not the one who wears a flower in her hair) is super pretty but her last two performances were nil... so I think she should go. But I'm not into motown so I really didn't love any of the performances last night. I wonder what next week will be?
Well I guess I better get off of here. Hope everyone is having a great wednesday!! Lets stay OP!!!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:29 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Geri- thanks for starting a new thread.! Gee, I was here twice yesterday and feel totally out of the loop. Glad you got your walk in this am. Bet that felt good!!!! I hear ya with the hair color. I have been coloring mine for a long time- first of all I started because I used to have permed hair and the perm lightened me up too much (looked funny) and now because of grey. My dad was totally grey by the age of 30- so I got some of that genetics. Ugh......
I alternate doing it myself, and when I need something to pick me up will have it professionally done. And the one thing bad about being a dark brunette......those stupid greys really stick out.

Spryng- sorry that your meal was a flop. Doesn't it bug you when a recipe is so out of balance? Sorry it was so bad, and expensive...... Boy were you in a mood to post!!!!!!

Penny- congrats on the good WI!!!!!!!! I finally checked out your house- very cute!!!! Do you garden much?

Well, the kiddies had a half day (the little ones) but the big ones have yet to be picked up......guess I'd better get out of here and back to work. Have a great day.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:09 PM   #6  
soontobethin

Hello,
Welcome, Angela. I am Ricci sahm to two boys 5 and 3. The ladies here are great at encouraging you and giving advice.
As for the study, I only have to get the vaccine. They will draw my blood, and then give me the vaccine for 5 or 6 days and draw my blood again to see if I have built up the antibodies. I did a study about two years ago for cold medicine. For that one I had to go in every two hours a day for a week and take the medicine, and then stay the night on the weekend. They drew my blood about twenty times during the weekend. The next week it I had to take it every 4 hours, and the week after that it was only twice a day. I think they ended up drawing my blood and everyone elses close to 120 times during the course of the study. I got $2000 for that one, and it really helped since dh had had surgery.
Sounds like everyone is doing really well. Spryng, sorry your dinner didn't turn out so well. I hate it when that happens.
As for hair coloring, I haven't colored mine in years. I just need to brighten it a little. Since my SIL is my stylist, she would hunt me down if I did my own color. Well, I need to get off of here for now. I will check back in later.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:21 PM   #7  

Hi Girls

I posted several times back about two or three months ago. Just wanted to pop in and say Hello. I have talked with Karen and Spryng before. A little update on me Spryng, we both started out around the same weight and now we are around the same weight now. Hahaha....It takes alot of work doesn't it? I hope to reach 120 by June 1st. We'll see. I know my body is not going to be the same ever again after having two kids but I want to be healthy and fit just like everyone else. I am not really following any kind of program just excercising here and there and trying to eat as healthy as I can. Just a reminder I am a Sahm of two. The loves of my life! Spryng can you let us all know how your thigh excerciser thing works. I have been thinking about getting one. I check in on this board all the time. So I will see what you have to say. Another thing we have in common is that my Wedding Anniversary is April 5th and like you I have no idea what to get him. I think I would be surprised if he even got me something hahaha....its been seven years, I can't believe how time flys. Well Hello to everyone else on this board, its really moving along since I was last here. Take care and good wishes for everyone! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:30 PM   #8  
Firefly

Good afternoon! I hope everybody is doing great. I've had a good day so far - ran errands with the kids in tow. They were great exceot for the crying incident at the McDonalds playground...you'd think I was the meanest mom in the world because we had to leave! I made it to the gym, but only got in a 30 minute cardio workout. I worked on intervals and got that heart rate pumping! I even passed up fired ay McDonalds - that is a big accomplishment!

Thanks all for making me feel better about not using the scale to weigh in! I'll keep using my jeans as my gauge until I feel a bit better about myself!

Geri - I just started Dr. Phil... I know you can have two snacks a day. What do you usually have? I've been either drinking a glass of skim milk (the one I don't drink at breakfast), a piece of fruit, or some veggies. Any other ideas?

Ricci - I give you credit for getting your blood drawn! I don't think they could pay me enough for that. I seem to pass out everytime I have blood drawn... hope it goes well for you.

Spryng - Caught bits and pieces of Idol and have to agree with you. DId your thigh machine come yet? It's sooo hard to wait for things! Better luck with your dinner tonight!
Firefli10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:04 PM   #9  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all! Welcome to all the newbies! Sorry to not be personal but I am brain dead! We just spent 2 1/2 hrs at the park. I was trying to wear the kids out so they would nap so I could work and wore myself out too! Anyhows, as I mentioned before I have really been stressing about my goof with the postdated check at work but my boss was so sweet about the whole thing. So, I am feeling better today though my eating has been out the window. I really need to get back on track so I will feel better so I can get back to exercising! What a vicious (is that how you spell that???) circle! Anyhows, sounds like everyone is having a pretty good day today! The weather here is absolutely gorgeous. Would have to be the last day of the month! Oh well. I'm off to get some work done. I have no intentions of being up until the wee hours! I will get personal later!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:02 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Afternoon Gals!!!

I can't believe this is my first post of the day. I've been on spring break this week so I'm trying to get caught up with everything I have going on. I have to plan my next week's homeschool lesson plan, it's a unit study for Easter, I've tried to get organized with my ebay, trying to sell to make money, I've been getting my Watkins back on track for the end of the month and I've tried to get organized to begin my weekly menu and grocery list planning. Oh yeah, on top of a 16 month old BOY, teething with asthma, an almost 3 year old trying to potty train and the 5 year old. I've also been learning more about my internet, incredimail, hotmail, all kinds of goodies. I have a weekly bible study with one other lady on Wednesday mornings that I totally forgot about today, I was still in my PJ's when she got here at 11AM

Penny, I'm still having a problem getting that WW info readible, I don't know why. I told you I'm only 1/2 internet saavy.

Spryng, Candy and Penny - I got your Watkins catalogs in the mail, hopefully you'll get them in a few days, please let me know when you do so I will know. Thanks.

Ricci, I don't know if we've met, I'm a 26y, sahm of 3. 5y, almost 3y, and 16m. I homeschool and do all that other stuff up there I talked about. It's nice to meet you.

Hi Angela, we're so glad you're here. I just joined up this weekend and I'll tell you the help I've already had. The motivation here is NONSTOP, it's great. Hope you stick around and good luck on your weight loss journey.

I'll check in later, Bye.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!
Crystal, sounds like you have been busy today!! And yes I will let you know when I get your catalog.
Candy, so glad you were able to get outside. Fresh air always makes things better. I hope your eating is better tomorrow. Just think of when you want to achieve your goal and never give up!
Cindy, passing up fries at mcdonals IS a big accomplishment! What did you end up having? I try to save pts for when I go there and have a mcvalue fry (7 pts) and a grilled mcchicken with no mayo (7 pts) I'm burned out on salads so I never eat them anymore. And no my thigh trainer has not got here. I'm keeping tabs on it and it's still processing, not even in the mail yet, so it won't get here until next week sometime. I'm anxious for it to get here too.
Julie, welcome back! I'll have to go back through past posts to find you. I'm bad with remembering everyone who comes through here. You should stay and post more often! We would love that!! Sounds like whatever you have been doing is working for you!! Congrats on being so close to your goal. My personal goal is 120 lbs and I'm hoping to be there by the end of summer this year. We'll see. And yes I will let everyone know how I like that Lateral thigh Trainer when I start using it. I think I will like it alot, it's small and compact. I can store it under a table in my living room when I'm not using it and all the reviews I've read on it are good ones. So I think it will be great! But I'll let everyone know for sure.
Ricci, that study sound pretty easy!! I hope you have fun doing it and more fun reaping that big check for it!!
Ginny, yes it was annoying that my dinner was a flop because I thought it was going to be so good. It wasn't creamy enough, too basily, etc... o-well... I made spaghetti tonight with boca crumbles and it was wonderful! So it made up for it. And I guess my last post was long huh? I was just far behind everyone else so to address everyone it took alot of time and words, lol. I think we have a record number of members here, do you think so? Hope your afternoon went well!
Well, all morning I felt so tired and lazy. Took at nap at 12:30 whtn the kids went down, got up watched a little tv and then made dinner. After dinner I got a surge of energy and started cleaning my kitchen, and my little porch/entryway thing and put my plants out there. They look good out there and after a long winter they needed the sunlight the porch provides. So now I want to sweep and mop my kitchen and call it a night. I'm glad I finally got some energy though, I was beginning to wonder what was making me so tired, but it passed. Ok, got to get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:28 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Hello everyone,

Just a quickie from me. Decided that I needed to clean my craft/JUNK room out before the sewing machine gets here Plus I plan on having my 1st annual rummage sale this summer so I have been piling junk for that. There is another storage room down here that I'll have to attack before the rummage too I have so much JUNK!! Now that we have the boys it's even worse! I saved all Will's clothes for Tony so now I can start getting rid of those as Tony grows out of them. That's one of the reasons I wanted another boy rather than a girl but of course I was going to take what I got

Spryng, sorry that the meal wasn't good last night but the spaghetti made up for it tongiht. We had soup since Dh had to stay late for a safety meeting at work.

Ricci, how did you hear about the study? I could use some easy money like that This deal sounds alot better than the first one...are you sure they weren't vampires???

Crystal...you sound like me yesterday...I wasn't in my PJ's but hoped no one would show up unexpectedly because after my workout I just threw a sweatshirt over my smelly exercise clothes and didn't take a shower til later in the day You were busy today!! Good going.

Candy I will think about you getting back OP tomorrow!! I'll send you some vibes

Cindy, I took one of Ds fries the last time he had Mickey D's and it wasn't all that great tasting anymore! I'm hoping that's a change for the good for me 'cause I know how hard it is to skip the fries! My snacks are usually a piece of fruit and a glass of milk if I don't have milk with breakfast and some yogurt in the afternoon with another piece of fruit. I don't do the veggie snacks because I eat a lot of veggies with my lunch and dinner.

Welcome Julie...stick around...this group's getting big (members, not size ).

Ginny, yep, those greys stick out like a sore thumb. I think i was 18 when I saw the first one. I've been coloring it so long that I'm shocked when it starts to grow out and I see how many there are now It's still not even close to 50% but I would never go natural. We all have our vanities

Well, I can't think anymore so it's off to bed for me. Goodnight everyone and have a great OP night. Melinda...how did day 2 go? Penny...waiting for WI results tomorrow...Angela is Dh still home?? I think we have 2 Angela's now...hi to everyone else.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:59 AM   #13  

Day 2 of work went fine. I was busy until I left at 500. I think I am working harder at 16, then I did at 40. That is all right, I rather stay busy. My co-worker is actually bringing my check by my house today. Her kids play soccer nearby. I am going to buy JW and myself some things for Easter. DH will have to wait, b/c he only wears a certain name of suit and they are very expensive.

I feel like I have been on program even though i have not tracked. Getting the workouts in on days that I work is going be a challenge, but I figure 5/7 is good.

Happy Thursday! I will be back on once JW is asleep. He is crawling all over so I have to watch him every minute.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:08 AM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Just a quick hello!!!!!!!Today I am gone all day- going up to the HighSchool to have lunch with my 2 older kids. Usually a hectic day, but nice as I get to be a wee little part of their lives...... got a 15 minute walk in this am. I am so tired this week.
Sorry not to get personal....see you later!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi everyone!

Melinda,
I was thinking about you last night. How is JW doing with your mom? Is she still rocking him to sleep? I am so glad you are still on plan. I know it is good to stay busy. It keeps you away from the munchies Congrats on JW crawling everywhere. And I think 5 days of exercise is wonderfuL!!!!

Ginny,
I am so excited for you!!! Hope you have a great time with the kids!!!! Congrats on the walk

Geri,
Did you get the whole craft room clean? I tell you, I hate getting ready of my kids baby stuff and clothes It means they are growing up!

Spryng,
With all that energy, you need to come clean my house!!!! Hope the plants look great outside!!

Candy,
I am so happy your boss was not too upset about the mistake. We are only human and it happens! But I know how you feel. You need to go eat a 1/2 dozen donuts so you can get back on plan

Julie,
Congrats on the weight loss! Check in here with us more often.

Ricci,
I don't know how you are doing that study. I absoutely HATE needles. You are braver than me!

Crystal,
If you are going to do ww, let me know and i will mail the info to you.

I am down 1.5 pounds for weigh in this morning! I wanna be out of the 170s so that is my goal for next week

Hope I didn't miss anyone Have a great on plan day. I am bringing Hunter to school then to the park to walk

TTYL! Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote