Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:54 AM   #31  
Spreadin' the luv.

Talking I'd like to see Ramon in Bunny Ears...

...and a fluffy tail. Can Ramon be my towel boy?

In a holding pattern, ladies. As soon as I'm back from my visit with the trainer tonight at 6, I'll give you a full report. To reiterate the goals for this visit:

*get a full but simple weight-training program written down, including all body parts, frequency of exercise, etc.

*leave ego at the door, forget past weight-training exploits, be teachable, ask questions.

*give the trainer's program One Month.

*Get the most out of this orientation!!
Old 04-06-2004, 02:25 PM   #32  
Empress/Queen

Uh, huh on the fluffy tail ...

The towel boys took a vote and said Ramon could be your TB! They're inducting him into the OTB (Order of Towel Boys) and will send him his membership papers by snail mail.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:56 PM   #33  
caffeine free!

The bunny trail is looking pretty good right now. I am having on of those good eating days where I am eating real food (as opposed to processed junk) and exercising portion control.

to all those getting down to that exercise thing.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:39 PM   #34  
Spreadin' the luv.

Amarantha, thank you for putting my request through to the towel boys. I'm sure TB Ramon will be more excited than he can ever express when I tell him the good news.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #35  
Empress/Queen

Sis boom bah!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:59 AM   #36  
Spreadin' the luv.

Ladies, I did indeed meet with a trainer, young, pretty, hip, bubbly (Audrey Tatou on speed) who got me started on an ultra-simple, ultra-easy weights program. In fact, apart from abs, I have only five weight exercises on five machines - no free weights yet. I swallowed and said that was cool and hey, who am I kidding? If it were any more complicated or time-consuming, I prolly wouldn't do it. She assured me (with both hands in the "hang loose" gesture {?}) that in 4 weeks I'd be screaming bored and begging her for more, and I agreed.

It's all good. This is something I can handle for now. No "I Was An A**Kicker in my Former Years" ego in sight. She bothers me from time to time. Know-it-all. Stuffed her back into my unconscious during my time with Audrey-On-Speed.

No, now, be fair, Cerise. I really liked Joanna a lot.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!!! That's great, Cerise!!!! I kind of identify with you on this "I was an A*** kicker in my former years" stuff (although really I wasn't)!!! My trainer is quite young as well (I have socks older than her)!!! But it's all good, I think, as the young have a different slant on things than us elderly folk ... ok, YOU'RE not elderly, but I personally am no freakin' spring chicken!!!!

I had some interesting gym revelations today ... a man was actually flirting with me and I realized it only later ... ... it's like I'd forgotten that could happen to Super Spinster (me)! Then, let's see, two people told me I didn't look my age ... yeah, right! And then I went to the health food store wearing gym clothes (quite covered up, I do assure thee, but in form fitting duds) to buy Body For Life stuff and was talking to people there about Wai Lana (my newest craze) and Body For Life and a woman asked me why I needed to lose weight.

I liked all these conversations a lot!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #38  
Empress/Queen

CONGRATULATIONS, ANAGRAMATIC!!! Both for your official weigh-in of 1.8 (that's two pounds!!! ) and for DS revealing the next # down ... which, in case you don't know, actually means that YOU'VE REACHED THAT NUMBER ... DS is just toying w' ya ... but you're there!!!

Huzzah! You've made it!

Old 04-09-2004, 09:17 AM   #39  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Red face

Ceara wanders aimlessly back into the court.

"I've been questing for the elusive Towel Bunny", she sez rather distractedly, "and was way laid by evil beings called rawhides who forced their way down into my trusty companion Annie's gullet and got stuck. I have been nursing my friend for 6 days now. She appears to be on the mend, after being split from stern to sternum to remove the offensive beasts."

Inspite of this, my weigh-in at TOPS was down 6 lbs this week (I gained 3 last week) and I am further down this morning. Will revise my siggy. So I think I'm close to my 5 overall loss....having to re-lose 3...

I need a Towel Boy with ears and a fluffy tail, a glass of wine (which I've not had for 6 days), and wonderful fingers...I need a massage.

HA! Gotcha there didn't I????

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 04-09-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:56 PM   #40  
Empress/Queen

YOWZA!!!! Ceara hath reported a six-pound-down TOPS weigh-in and be bringing in her overall bunny goal o' 5 pounds down!!! Pretty dang good for a person wandering in the fog and removing rawhides from a friend (or something ... Ceara, be thou talkin' about one o' thy canine friends having trouble with a rawhide bone?)!!! Anyhow I'm inspired by thy loss and attitude and am running to the palace to dispatch a towel boy ... unless you have one lined up ...

Old 04-09-2004, 08:34 PM   #41  

Wow- 6 lbs is impressive!
GOOD GOING!

You too Anagram! GOOD GOING!

And is that true Empress, if you see the number than you are really there??
Hmmmmmmm

I psyched!
Old 04-09-2004, 09:01 PM   #42  
deleted2

You are the QUEEN, Ceara! Here, have a towel bunny of your choice!

Old 04-09-2004, 09:17 PM   #43  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

"Thanks", she sez modestly, "but remember it is only 3 pounds net that I'm down... I have lost a couple more since then, but will wait until the actual Hippity Hoppity Day to announce that!"

Yes, Annie is a canine friend, 11 years old. And she had to have laproscopic surgery..not only is her abdomen sliced but so was her stomach organ...that darn thing was stuck. One vet was pushing from the esophogas with a scope and the other was pulling from inside the stomach....it was nip and tuck. They both were a little worried about getting it out!. A very stress full six days...and more to come. Hopefully there won't be any complications. She is just starting to eat and be perky.

So am off to bed I think....nice clean sheets and windows...I caught a house cleaning bug today!

Ceara
Old 04-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #44  
Empress/Queen

Even if it's only 3 pounds net, it's DOWN 6!!!

Poor Annie! I must admit I've given Old Dog the occasional rawhide bone, but no more! I think I'll stick to the ones made out of baking soda from now on. She seems to like them.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:50 PM   #45  
Empress/Queen

All hail Anagramatic for her loss on this challenge!!!!!!! Huzzah!!! Huzzah!!!! Huzzah!!!

But Anagram, I must point out that BY LAW the first reading counts ... so I really think you've lost .6!!!! Definetely!!!!

As I reported on the food thread, I can't stop eating (well, couldn't anyway, I'm ok now) and this has been happening sporadically all week, so it's likely I've gained weight ... could be muscle though, as I'm really building a lot of that lately!!! Will report tomorrow!!!

The Fluffy Bunny Towel Boys will be keeping this thread going for the next few days so everyone can weigh in ... the TBs are hoping for 100 percent report-ins from everyone who posted.

Also, they are asking if there's an interest in doing another seasonal "sprint" following this one? Or is it too many threads? I personally love the focus on weight and would like to do it but only if s are interested!!! Yowza!

Ok, bye!!! I'm still cranky from all that sugar!!!
Closed Thread