Old 05-01-2004, 06:45 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #15

WEIGHTY ISSUES #15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the May edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!
Old 05-01-2004, 07:15 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!! I am so sorry that I havent been here the last few days but we had a bit of drama here. This is what happened, can someone please tell me what I should do next because I am stumped?

Thursday after school Corey came out to me and my sister and said that the teacher insulted us all at school today. I was shocked so I asked him what she said. She is a lady who hasnt been letting the kids eat all of their breakfast this year at school(our school district offers free breakfast and damn it if it is there then they are gonna eat it!!!) So I never said anything about that because I figure I am not at school everyday so I didnt want to start running my mouth without knowing for sure what was going on anyhow back to the original story.

Corey said that at Breakfast that morning the teacher sat at the table with the 5th graders and they were all talking about their pets. Corey asked her if she had seen his dogs and she said "yes that isnt a jack russell is it? because I hate those things they are stupid and they bark all the time. " okay whatever. She then said "Hey Corey how did a crow and a bald eagle ever manage to get together to have 3 mutants?"(remember Jay is follically challenged) My jaw almost hit the floor so I made him keep saying it to try to figure out what happend. He said she said it in front of everybody and they all laughed and said yeah Corey how did a crow and a bald eagle manage to make 3 mutants. Now this is a taunt that a little girl in their class started a while ago. So I then called Alicia out of her room and all I said to her was"What happened at breakfast today?" and she then told me the exact same story!!!! I was shaking so bad that I wanted to rip that womans head off. They also said that she called one of their friends ugly and her friends mam had already called the school before they came home and *****ed them out for it.

Anyway that isnt the best part. I then in the morning got ahold of the principal and told him what happened. After the fourth time he still didnt get it and I was ready to bawl because it hurts me that my kids get teased by the other kids they dont deserve that **** from an adult. He still didnt understand so I said "well, I assume I am the crow and my husband is the bald eagle and my 3 kids are the mutants." So he said he would talk with her that morning because he had to see her anyway(because of the calling the girl ugly) So the day goes by and I hear nothing....until the kids get home.

They got called out of class by the teacher I made the complaint about and she took them into the stairwell and said "why are you lying, I would never say that. My job is on the line here, etc." Then another teacher saw her making big hand gestures and walked over and started to get in on it and said"Corey is this another one of your lies? How did you 2 ever come up with that story? ,etc. until they had Alicial bawling and Corey on the verge. They then said "okay if you guys are going to keep telling lies then we are going to the principals office right now, lets go? By the time they got to the principals office Corey had broken down and started to cry. Supposedly she says she never said it(of course she would say that) even though they had 2 other kids from the table come in and say they heard her.AAAAHHHHH!!!! I am so pissed!!! What should I do now? I do not think a teacher who had a complaint made against her should have been able to take them out of their classroom and intimidate them like that and threaten them with the principals office. Can you imagine how scared they were to tell me they were treated wrong and then to get cornered by the same person like that. I am not a mother who thinks her kids are perfect by a long shot but I definately belive them on this because they told me seperately the same thing and they are really upset by it. I dont konw what to do now. This woman the kids say is always rude like that until another teacher walks into the room and then she is all smiles and nice. She also works in the resource room with the handicapped kids.She also saidyesterday morning when the twins walked in for breakfast h it was quiet but it wont be now" Alicia says the teacher really doesnt like Corey.He is a hyper boy but damn it like their arent any other hyper boys in the 5th grade!!!!!

Okay, end of my rant I think. I havent really slept for the last 2 days because I keep thinking about it.

We have played tennis a few times and we are getting better. I actually like to play. We bought some kids racquets so the kids can play too.

I plan to stay home today and restain my deck. I found a FHA house in town that is going up for auction this month and it is totally redone inside(new kitchen and master bedroom with a bath in the basement,it has the original hardwood floors,etc)I told Jay to buy it to resell until I saw the inside through the windows. It has everything I ever wanted. I used to read the ads when they were trying to sell it through a realtor so now that it is forclosed noone can get inside so they wont know that it is a total remodel. The only bad thing about it is that it borders another street in the backyard and there are gross trailers behind the house right on the property line but I would imagine a nice big fence would take care of that. Anyways the minimum bid is $4450.00!!!! We are gonna bid on it and see if we get it then we will move there and sell my house and actually live rent free forever!!! That would set me up for the future. If I get that house but I continue to put the same amount in the bank then in 8 years when the kids graduate I will have $60,000.00 saved up. It really sounds like the smart thing to do in the long run ugly neighbors or not.

Well, I am sorry this is so long and yes Julie, I will be here this weekend so keep posting girl and I will post back. Love ya!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:05 AM   #3  

Sorry to be away so long. We had a very long week of testing.
Angie, I was appalled when'I read your post. If you don't get satisfaction from the principal, go see the superintendent; threaten to go to the media. The first thing you should do is have Corey transferred out of the class to another teacher, if there is another one. Go and sit in the classroom and observe; you have every right to do that. One can usually tell if someone is nervous and not doing things normally, you'll even see it in the kids' faces. If you are denied that, talk to the superintendent. If the superintendent does not satisfy you, go to the school board. The board is the superintendent's boss. Make a surprise visit during breakfast. You'll have to sign in with the office, but you don't have to let the cafeteria or the teacher know ahead of time. That teacher should probably not be in the classroom. Also, voice your concern about her pulling your kids out of class. Demand a meeting with the principal, teacher, yourself, and your kids. I hope this helps.
Maybe someone should remind, or teach, that teacher that "crows" are one of the most aggressive birds and bald eagles are a symbol of strength.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks Cal. I am going to put it in writing and send a copy to the principal and the Superintendent this way it is on file for the future if needed. Our schools consolidated last year so my twins are in the 5th grade but they go to the middle school. There isnt enough room for everyone in the cafeteria in the mornings so the 5th grade eats breakfast in the art room and she supervises them. That is why I dont understand why they dont believe my kids. I doubt 2 10 year olds and another 10 year old would get together and plot up a scheme to get the morning breakfast person fired. I really dont want her to have anymore contact with my kids period in the future.

Summer, I am like you in the respect that I too get mad and think why cant I eat this or that too. I just need to learn that I could if I could control myself with it. That is hard for me.

Julie, My parents have been married for 32 years. We arent all that close as I have already said though.

We took our junky old delivery car out today to go buy some tires and we went to Wendy's to eat before we picked them up and the car died in the drivethrough. We had to push it back out of the drivethrough and wait for his dad to pick us up. Luckily we left the dogs home(his dad hates dogs) and we have a tow dolly so they are now going back to pick the junkpile up. I am just glad that it didtn happen to him at 2:30 in the morning while he was delivering or something.

That is about it for me today. Whats up with everyone else
Old 05-01-2004, 08:00 PM   #5  

Exclamation Are you kidding

Angie - are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should never happen. I would Cc the super on any lettter but also let the super know that the teacher took the kids out to intimidate them. A child should feel supported not scared to go to school because of a teacher. I would also get statements from other kids at the table if you can so it is not just your sons word against hers. I am so sorry that this is happening. Media is the last resort. Is there a PTA board you can go to to address greivances? I know the school board should be meeting in a public forum - I think this should be put in the minutes then it is a matter of public record.
I had to write as soon as I saw your post. Keep your chin up! Things will get better. Good luck with the house too - you never know how things can work out.

Hi to everyone else!

Summer

Last edited by GEMonster; 05-01-2004 at 08:07 PM.
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:24 PM   #6  

Hi Girls

Sorry I have not been here all day. I could not get signed on for some reason. I had hus take a look at the computer and he showed me what to do. I had a huge steak dinner with fried onions and mushrooms. Yum it was so darn good! I got some cleaning in today. Set up a new little table chest for my kitchen with hus and the kids played outside since it is going to be cold tomorrow. My skin is so dry yet from the winter months, I indulged and got time to put lotion on this body ....Angie I am sure you can relate about the dry skin .

Angie I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a great big hug. I agree with everyone else about that teacher. That is just terrible. Kids are so sensitive at that age you have to worry if it is going to hurt their self esteem. She should be punished! Ugh that makes me mad. And on top of that your car breaks down....you poor thing. Like Summer said you keep your chin up! Be proud of your kids and your family . Luv ya girl!

Cal nice to see you back! Hope life slows down for you a bit.

Well its getting late and I would like to get to bed at a decent hour! It seems like we all have been having some kind of stress in our lives lately. I am glad I have you all to talk to. Life can be so darn hard sometimes. Hugs to everyone! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning! It is gonna be another hot one today I think. We have been over 80 degrees for the last 2 days. It is supposed to get cold and rainy again tomorrow but it was nice while it lasted anyways.

Thanks for your support guys. It means alot to me. I know they wont ever do anything about this teacher but the least they could have done was to make sure she doesnt have contact with my kids, especially since I wasnt the only one to have filed a complaint about her behavior that morning. Brittany has been complaining about a couple of teachers that throw things at the kids in her class all year too. And yet the school has done nothing about any of it. I am so close to yanking them out and homeschooling them myself. Can you just see me with them all day and night. I had always hoped that they would like school and be able to make friends,etc. I never ever worrried about how a teacher would treat them. I just need to figure out the easiest way to go about this for me because I almost lost it Friday and started to bawl like a 2 year old when I was talking to the principal. I am not a very confrontational person and I get upset easily when I think my kids have been wronged and I am afraid that bawling seems to be my coping mechanism. If that makes any sense at all.

Jay had to take some clean clothes up to his moms bakery because Corey wanted an ice cream and didnt know the machine wasnt turned on so he is covered in ice cream. She said he took a bath in it because all it does if the machine is off is spray the air out of it and blow what was inside the tube for ice cream out. Poor kid.

I kept dreaming about the auction house last night. I had dreams of remodeling the rooms that werent done already and adding fancy extras because If I won a bid for $4500.00 then I could afford to make it as nice as I wanted. That would be so cool.I guess it woulkdnt matter if the neighbors were *******s since I seem to be surrounded by them now anyway in my everyday life.

I will check back later, I am going to try to get some sun in before work.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:56 PM   #8  

Hi Girlies

I wanted to say really quick hello. I am making Shepards pie for dinner and a frozen blueberry pie and vanilla ice cream on top ! Portion control, right? I hope so.

Angie I hope you are having a better day. Good luck with that house. Sorry I can't stay longer, have to get back to cooking. I am so glad you have been here this weekend. Even though you had a rough couple of days. Check in later babes. Julie
Old 05-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #9  

Okay girls I threw portion control out the window this weekend. I don't even want to get near the scale. The kids don't really like pie so hus and I finished their's up, along with their ice cream! I can hardly move at all I am so full, dh feels the same way. But this is a new fresh month and week ahead, so I am really motivated to stay OP and be good with portion control. I told hus that I want to try and make healthy suppers this week. No corn dogs, nothing fried or anything bad. I might write out a menu for the week if I get some time to do it. It is just so easy to turn the oven on and throw in a double cheese pizza though isn't it? I can't be lazy though, I have to cook healthy meals and set a good example for the kids. At least the one who will try new things .

Kempy I hope you had a good weekend.

Angie I really hope your kids are not nervous or scared to go to school tomorrow. I just can not believe that teacher throws things. I mean if they do not like children they should not have chosen that profession, period! It is a weird world out there today and you think you should not have to worry about your kids at school but everything is different from when the time we were in school. Your a great mom and they know you will stick up for them. Give them a great big hug and a kiss, they know you believe in them and that is what is most important to a child . How was your eating this weekend? Did you ever get your food at Wendys while your car was broke down? I would have probally ordered everything on the menu, being so stressed. This week will be better for you for sure!

Noelle how ya doing girl? Miss ya like crazy. You always make me laugh and smile when I read your posts. I hope you are doing okay. PM me if you want to talk sometime. I am always here as you know ! I think you guys are my only girl friends. Pretty sad....huh? Oh well I luv ya guys!

Well time to get ready for bed. This is my pms week. Yeahhhh! My boobs are killing me all ready and I am not due for a week! It will be a nice Mother's Day present for TOM to show up . I am not moody so far but it is early! I have been warning my hus about pms and it seems to be helping a bit. He and I try to stay out of each others way. Sorry if TMI. I am blabbing too much. I am not really looking foward to Mother's Day though. Mom and I are in a spat right now. She said to me, right now the only thing you have going for you is your looks . What in the world is she talking about. I mean I am not ugly but what a thing to say to your daughter. I won't get into it anymore and bother you all with the details. Life is to short to fight, right?

Well Hello to Summer, Jacks, Cal, Cherie, Tonya, Chris, Holly, and any of the old crew I am missing. Julie
Old 05-03-2004, 10:41 AM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

{{{Julie}}}} I am sorry your mom said something so cruel to you. My Mom and I get into spats all the time. We didnt speak for a month once because at my neices birthday party she was talking about something that happened at my house once that I had actually forgotten about so I jokingly said"What are you drunk?" That happened to be a saying I was into at the time, I said it to everybody so it wasnt meant as anything. Well, she ignored me through the whole party after that and then the **** hit the fan a few days later when she blew up about it. Fun. Fun. I know exactly how you are feeling but dont let it get to ya. You have us. :wink:

My eating is bad. Yep, I ate at Wendy's that day along with everything else under the sun. I am actually getting nervous that I wont be able to get myself back on track before I gain it all back again. It just seems so hard. I have no ambition.

I dont think the kids are nervous about going to school today. I told them that if she said anything to go to the office and call me. I didnt get any calls so we will see what they have to say after school. I didnt send in anything because I wanted to see if the principal was going to call me.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, I almost forgot...Dont feel bad. You guys are my only friends too. I dont even know anyone around here that I would consider a friend. The only people I ever talk to are Jay,the kids and my sister.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #12  

Good Monday Morning Girls

I have vowed to myself to be good today and drink lots of water and try and stay OP. Dh called me from work this morning and said he still felt full from eating yesterday.?..

Angie that is good that the kids were not nervous about school today. You shouldn't have to be at school. I swear are mothers are alike. I can never tell mine if I am having a bad day, if my anxiety is high or if I feel depressed. Its always don't call me unless you are 100% happy. I mean gosh life is not that way. I can't believe her sometimes. It seems like they blow everything up. I want my kids to come to me for anything, anytime! Enough of that. Angie just try and take charge now, I don't think you will get back to where you were. Just think of more of it as being healthy. Maybe that would help. That is what I am trying to do, I have been having stomach aches lately and I think it is from overeating and just too much fat in my diet. Lets try and have a great OP day. I mean if we really want a cookie just have one, if we feel like we are going to eat the whole bag then drink a glass of water. Julie
Old 05-03-2004, 11:44 AM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, Jay does the same thing as your husband. When he overeats one night then the next day he rarely will eat anything until about suppertime. Weird huh? I wished I could do that.

Yep, sounds like mine too. I swear my parents laugh at me when ever I try to tell them something new. I told them about the auction house and she sounded like I could see the eye roll and the shrug like "Why would she do that?" I mean heck if I can cut my house payment in half then I wont be so far in debt and maybe I can actually help my kids in the future, ya know? The house actually has a little more square footage then my current one. The pool really isnt a big deal to me since my sister is really the only person to use it so I wont miss it too bad.

All I can say is that I am so happy that I met you all becuase I would be so lonely without you guys.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #14  

Thanks Angie. You are a friend. Btw this weekend when we were setting up our new little table chest for the kitchen, we put it right where my youngest high chair is and she will not sit in it anymore. That brought me to tears . My hus says I am just way to sentimental . I become really attatched to things or just feel sad when I get rid of something and think of all the memories. Like even stupid things like a shirt! I told him lets just put it downstairs for awhile and let them play with it. She can put her baby dolls in it. He was like okay . Check in later!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #15  
bluekitty

Location: Plano, TX (but originally from the pacific northwest)

Default One of those days

Hey everyone. I am VERY new to this support website. I am having a bad day. I'm a new mom and a little sad. (baby blues maybe?) I am also fat (no surprise there!) and obviously am here to lose weight. Any suggestions for me to get out of my blue state of mind and get out of myself? I am a stay at home mom with NO car and alone with my baby for ten-eleven hours a day. I am also new to town and have no friends. I need some really creative ideas on how to get off my sad butt and be happy...

Thanks!!

150/220/238
bluekitty is offline   Reply With Quote