Old 10-24-2004, 10:44 AM   #31  

Just want to make sure I understand the basics here--we earn points for different healthy habits, each keep track of our own points and post them daily. Is that right?

And we post our weight after a weekly weigh-in?

Please feel free to correct anything I didn't get straight.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #32  
Samantha

Elana - that is exactly right! We have yet to decide what we are going to do with the points, though

Diana - I also am doing terrible. I think I set my sights way too high with my goal. I think my new goal will be to always do better than the week before.
Yesterday I got 8 glasses of water - 8 points
8 hours of sleep - 3 points
and that was day two of eating right...three more to go!
Total today: 11 points
plus 34 points: 45 points!

ag!
Sam
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 04:09 PM   #33  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Elana, yes, keep track of your own points. Post daily, but also post your week total at the end of the week ( weeks run Thursday-Wednesday). Add the weekly bonus of weight loss at any time during hte week.

Keep it up Sam, way to go on the 2 days in a row!!

Saturday was 27 points for me. Not bad.

Have a grea day!

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 07:02 PM   #34  

Okay I know that I haven't been posting everyday since this began but I will post now for these days. I haven't gotten much exercise. Just did one day of 30 minutes (walking) so that is 10 pts. I have been drinking lots of water. 7 a day so that comes up to 28 pts. I ate well all but thursday so that is 24 more pts. 9 more pts for sleeping atleast 8 hrs a night. That brings my total to 71 out of 220 so far. Tomorrow I start back with running and my regular exercises. Had trouble this week since I didn't feel like doing much those first few days. Hate that time of month but over now so I am fine.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:45 AM   #35  
A Mom

Gabrielle, I understand the difficulties when it's that time. It always ends though, good thing.

Today was 29 points, not bad. I didn't get points for eating well as I had a few cookies and wine, yeah, that's not really being OP

Diana
Old 10-25-2004, 01:36 PM   #36  

Wink I am having a very good day

It's a good day in weight loss land! I exercised in the morning, including weights, am eating well and also drinking lots of water. Of course, this means I am dying for each class period to end so I can dash across the hall to restroom. One of the hidden perils of being a teacher--you can never use the bathroom when you need to.

Anyway, here's my tally so far:

30 mins. exercise
Eating OP
6 full glasses water
8+ hours sleep
Old 10-25-2004, 03:03 PM   #37  
A Mom

Keep it up girls!!

Hmmm...never thought about the teacher having to go pee...I guess they don't need to raise their hand...

Off to grocery shop for healthy foods

Diana
Old 10-25-2004, 06:46 PM   #38  

Question Trying new exercise videos

I got a bunch of exercise DVDs from my library; each circulates for 1 week. Kathy Smith, Denise Austin and someone else doing Pilates for the Core.

Has anyone ever bought used exercise DVDs? What is a good source? I'm sure I could just google it, but I figured people here might have had experience with it.

Ate a reasonably healthy dinner--followed by some less healthy ice cream.

Well, we're only human, after all.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:14 PM   #39  
A Mom

Elana, never have bought used videos, but did yo utry ebay?
Diana
Old 10-25-2004, 08:34 PM   #40  

Well I have done good today so far. I ran for 5 miles and walked for 2. That came up to 2 hours so that gives me 40 minutes there. I have drank alot of fluids. It is already up to 10 cups and will be more but that doesn't count. 10 pts for that. I have stuck to what I wanted to eat and don't think that I will go off for my last meal of the day so will go ahead and give myself 8 pts now. I got over 8 hours of sleep last night so that is 3 more points. That comes up to 61 pts for the day.

71 points before and that now brings my total to 132. I only have less then 90 to get in the next few days. I plan on exercising almost the same exact things as today but switching it up a little and won't go off my diet so I will get it without having much problems. Then on Wednesday I will do a weigh it to see if any of this is helping me.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:55 AM   #41  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Confession time! I'm afraid I haven't been doing well at all so far ... the first couple of days were ok, but then the weekend arrive and I've been dreadful since then!! Daily points not worth a mention ... I'll tot them all up and report at the end of the week.

I think I'll be following Sam's lead and making each new weekly goal to do better than the week before.

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:24 AM   #42  
Samantha

Elana, I personally would avoid buying used work out videos online, simply because then you have to pay for s/h, when you can probably get them just as cheap locally, and not pay for shipping. Try a local pawn shop. Also, I have bought my excersize videos at Walmart(I only have 2, though - Pilates for dummies, for around $10, and Billy something or other Tae Boe - for around the same price) both bought new. I personally would recommend either one of these.

OK well, confession for me too, I have not been doing well as far as excersizing goes. Well, eating either, really. I have not been to the gym since last Wednesday, but I am going this morning, in about half an hour. Eating has not been wonderful, but not as bad as it could be. For example, yesterday I ate.....hmmm.....now that I think about it, yeah it was pretty bad.....I had a hot dog, a muffin, a chocolate piece of bite size candy, and pizza for dinner. LOL....anyways ok so my point was I haven't been eating MUCH, but what I am eating is not healthy. BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY, AND I AM GOING TO DO BETTER. I am having a bit of budget difficulty, so it is pretty hard to eat healthy when you are BROKE!!! but payday is just around the corner, and hopefully everything will be better.
So I am not going to figure up the rest of last weeks points, my dieting weeks run from Tuesday-Monday, because I started my diet on a tuesday and that is the day that I weigh in on. So this is a new week for me

Good luck to everyone, and thanks eternally for all of your support!!!
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:22 AM   #43  

Good point about the shipping/handling. I did a Denise Austin video; it was good in that you can select which intensity level you want, choose from a few different cool-down and stretching routines, etc. On the other hand, her perkiness really annoys me. But that's probably par for the course on these videos.

My husband uses our Nordic Track almost every morning. I seem to not quite be coordinated enough to enjoy it. But I did master Kickboxing class and some complex Step aerobics choreography, so who's to say what's impossible.

I just ate a very healthy snack (shredded red cabbage w/low fat marie's dressing), ate yummy hot cereal for breakfast. The danger zone will be right after school. My plan is to put on an exercise video right away and completely stay OUT of the kitchen. I'll let you know if it works.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM   #44  
A Mom

Hmmm...seems I'm not the only one struggling I thought I hadn't done that bad (although only 19 points for Monday), but I've gained weight!! That really sucks!! I started a new food diet today as I think I eat more than I realize. This one is strict but maybe that's what I need. I'm trying ot not let myself get really depressed about this whole thing, but...well...okay...I'm depressed. I feel like it is hopeless Tomorrow I will weigh in officially, and see what the damage really is. I'm thinking about curves, have any of you tried it? I ahve a whole bunch of exercise videos, maybe I should do them sometimes.

Diana
Old 10-26-2004, 07:59 PM   #45  

well I did 90 minutes of working out today. (ran 3.3 miles and walked alittle over 2, I will also do some pushups and sit ups before bed tonight since I need to be able to do more pushups) That is 30 points there. I have had 12 cups of fluid so far but can only count 10 so that is another 10 points. I have eaten well all day and that is another 8. I have gotten 8 hours of sleep even though I wanted more. That is 3 more points
That brings my total to 183. I think that tomorrow I can get the last 40 points in there. Almost done for the week and it feels good!