Old 03-23-2004, 07:25 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #139

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, friendhship and support devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families. We strive to win the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
I hope everyone has a great morning......a wee bit less stressful than mine!
Sorry, not really any time to get personal at the moment as I have yet to drive the kiddies in. And there has been some trouble on my route- will save that for another time. But my supervisor has totally backed me, and I have done nothing wrong- just some hormonal moms who got upset because I had to discipline their monsters. I am such a meany!!!!

Michele- Welcome!!!!!!!I really look foward to getting to know you. We are all on this weight loss journey and this group of ladies is wonderful. I love them all and hope you will come to love them too.

Jackie- I am in for the challenge......congrats on facing the scale. that is the first step. I have to face that I hardly journalled this week- probably gained and WI is tomorrow. But we are in this together, right?????

As for sewing, I have a basic kenmore machine. I will sew anything- but mostly home dec stuff and dresses for Dd.
Gotta go !!! Have a great day and sorry for being so abrupt this am!
Ginny
Old 03-23-2004, 07:55 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ginny,
Thanks for starting the new thread
Well,
I think if the mommies have problems with you disciplining there kids, maybe they need to get up and bring there kids to school. I know if Hunter rode the bus I would expect him to be well behaved and if not, the driver should discipline him. His teacher does, so what is the difference!
Hope things will get better with that!!!

Jackie,
You are going to do great! We are all in this together!!!!!

Spryng,
Hope you enjoyed your tan yesterday.

Candy,
How are you doing with your ear???

Geri,
My hubby bought me a sewing machine a year ago, but I am not very good at it at all. My mom usually sews my curtains and valances for me b/c I can't do it. I have made pillows for Andrew's room and my bedroom but that is as far as I can get.

My biggest hobby is scrapbooking! I love it! A while back, I bought the big travel case and organizer containers to put all my stuff in.

I have not even faced the scale because I know it is not going to be nice to me I am hoping things will get better. I am still spotting and not sure if I am on my period or not It is not getting heavier just sporatic (sp???)

Gotta go to the doctor this morning for my blood pressure and gotta bring Andrew in for blood work. I will not be back until later this afternoon.

Have a great day,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:32 AM   #4  
Movin' to the Country!

Mornin"! Welcome Michelle!!! I am Candy, mom to Sean who will be 5 in May and Kylie who will be 3 in June. I am 5' 7" and have just reached my 20 lbs lost point. Congrats on getting to the Y!!! We are really looking forward to getting to know you!

Melinda, did you tell us how the wedding went and how JW did on his first night alone? Sorry if you did, but I have the worst time remembering things from the last thread. I inherited my hubby's grandmother's old singer sewing machine. It is absolutely gorgeous but I think it needs tuned and I am clueless with sewing machines. My mom sewed everything when I was growing up and wanted to teach me but I had absolutely no interest and refused to even watch her. Now, I would love to get into quilting. I have all the supplies (I'm also one of these "get excited about new hobbies, buy stuff and don't do anything with it after a week" type of people!) Anyhows, once I quit working, I plan to take it more seriously. I am gonna be one busy woman when I quit working!!! (Quilting, scrapbooking, gardening, homeschooling...) Anyhows, did you get in a workout yesterday?

Penny, sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. Hope today will be better. My ear is the same. I almost killed myself yesterday by putting some alcohol in it. I had to take a pain pill and lie down it hurt so bad. I had done it a couple times before and it hadn't hurt so I assumed the cuts had healed but I must have opened the cut somehow. Anyhows, I have decided that I am not going to think about it anymore. It has to heal eventually, right? I can't go around with a bubble in my ear for the rest of my life, can I? Anyhows, I got my first period back when my kids were around 6 months old. It really stinks but I'm glad yours waited a little longer. My first one wasn't very heavy so you may not have more than some spotting. That is probably what has contributed to your recent off-planness though! Those hormones can really do a number on you. Hope everything goes well at the dr and maybe you can give me some ideas with scrapbooking. I'm a newbie!

Ginny, hope everything goes ok today with the route. Sorry you have had some problems with parents lately. It still amazes me that there really are parents out there that believe their children can do no wrong. I sure hope things slow down soon for you!!! Seems you have been going non-stop lately!!!

Geri, hope your class goes well today and isn't too boring! What kinda stuff you gonna be sewing? And congrats for maintaining on TOM week!!!

Spryng, who watches your kids while you tan? My kids have been wanting to see Cat in the Hat but I haven't gotten around to it yet. We watched Secondhand Lions the other night. WONDERFUL movie!!! It was so gooooood!!! I guess I liked it huh? I hardly remember hearing about it while it was at the theaters, it is only PG, which is probably why but it was such a good movie. It is one of those movies that I find myself laughing about stuff from the movie a couple days later. I like happy movies that make me feel good and this one definitely did. Ok, so enough about that. Regarding your laundry room, that is such a husband for you!!! My dh has put off so many projects that need to be done. If he was only home twice a month I would never get him to do anything around the house!!!

Today is laundry day so I better get off here and get something done. Hi Ricci! Jackie it was nice to hear some info about you! You are gonna look so good for your reunion!!! Hope everyone has a great day! HI to anyone I missed!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Jackie, I am so glad to see another post from you. I think once you dust that bike off and get back on it your weight will fly off of you. You used to be so good at it you could surf the net and ride at the same time! What diet are you on? I am routing for you!!
Candy, I am exactly like you when it comes to hobbies. I get bored after a week or so and quit. Of course I used to be like that with diets too, so I guess things can change And DH's cousin tans also so she meets me at the salon (which is about 3 minutes from here and on her way home from work) so she sits in the van with my kids while I tan. It was her that got me interested. She has 4 kids and knows what it means to do something for yourself so she asked if I would like to tan and she would watch the kids for me. So I was thrilled at the prospect. She is a sweet woman. And the only one I'm really friends with on DH's side of the family. SO we get to spend a little time with each other everday, I enjoy that.
Penny, I say skip the scale and just stay OP and WI next week. If you know it's going to be depressing don't put yourself through it. Sometimes it is a wake up call to WI and see the numbers go up and it can re-motivate you to get back OP and try harder, but for some it does the opposite (like for me) and crushes your spirit and makes you want to run into the kitchen for solace. But hang in there... you WILL get back OP and weight will come off again.
Ginny, you can discipline my kids anytime!! I don't know why mothers would be against bus drivers doing that. But I guess alot of parents don't want to think their kids are monsters for other people. Denile. I know my kids can be monsters. I hope today is better for you. Oh, and I'm sending you that dvd today. Sorry it has taken me so long to mail it. I kept forgetting to buy an envelope for it and then misplaced it, etc. But I have it all together now and I'll swing by the postoffice while I am out.
Ok, I need to hit the shower and then hit the town for groceries. So I will talk with you all later!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  

Welcome, Michelle - I am Melinda, SAHM to John Wesley - 7 months. I am in the same boat as you and Jackie. I need to lose about 40 pound, but want to focus on 20 at a time. I have been up and down the last month. I am member of a gym too, I try to get 5 to 6 workouts a week. We look forward to getting to know you.

Ginny - I don't know what is wrong with kids these days. I have no problem with others disciplining with they act up. Boy have things change. I remembered getting popped on the bottom b/c I acted up on the bus and I turned out all right.

Penny - Hope the dr does not make you wait to long. Do you take the kids with you? I have my 6 month visit on Friday, my mom will take care of JW. Took me a month to get the appt. When I was preg, high priority, now just a reg patient.

Candy - No I did not get a workout in yesterday. Did the precor this morning though. JW did fine with my mom. We did not know anyone at the wedding. We left the reception before the bride and groom b/c it was 2 hours after the reception and they still had not shown it. She did see me at the wedding, so I will give her a call once she is back home.

Happy Tuesday and On Program Day, Ladies!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:22 PM   #7  

Hello again!
Quiet day around here. Everyone must be busy having fun!! I can hope anyway. Well I got my shopping done. Thankfully. Had subway for lunch, it was very tasty and plan on soft tacos for dinner. What is everyone else having?
Well I just took an excedrin for my headache so I'm going to lie down for awhile and see if it will work. TTYL!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #8  

I got an e-mail from my old office today. The girl they hired to replace me walked out Thru. They were having problems with her day 1, but I had to be put on bed rest so they needed someone fast. They want me to consider helping them out. I don't have the details but they said that it would be worth my while. I was an office manger for a psych office. I am thinking I can do most of it from home and go into the office once in awhile. It depends on what kind of offer they can give me. My mom lives in town and would jump on the chance to take care of JW. Candy, what do you think? You seem to be able to do it all. Anyway, need to vent somewhere.

Having a pretty good on program day as I make JW green beans, potatoes, and carrots. I freeze them in ice cubes, so that I have a supply. Baby food is so expensive. Maybe I do need to get back to work.

Melinda
Old 03-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #9  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon all

Melinda, I hope you get a good offer from work so that they don't get your hopes up for nothing. If I could find something to do at home I would try it. Of course I would have to do it all at night after Dh got home form work...at least for now. The kids most of the time have been pretty good about letting me exercise, but they get kind of antsy when I get on-line for too long. You're very ambitious making the baby food! I'm way too lazy to do it. I have been trying to give Tony more table food when I can. At first he wanted nothing to do with the new textures but he's getting much better. All depends what we're eating.

Spryng, I have no idea what's for dinner and it's 3:27!! I had better figure out something! Dh is working OT tonight so I don't have to make a meal. I'll probably finish up the veggie barley soup that I made yesterday with some type of sandwich. My friend emailed me a low fat crock pot cookbook but I have yet to look at it! If it's any good I'll forward it to anyone who wants it. I think she said the WW points are there for each recipe. It's like 200 pages long so I can't print and mail it to you! By the way, did you get your exercise in last night????? Huh?????????? This morning I did the 30 minute balance ball tape. It's like 57 degrees here so I took both boys in the double stroller and walked a couple of miles. I may sit on the ball again later while I watch TV or I may be too tired from being outside We'll see.

Jackie!! Nice to see you posting again...stay with us and we'll help you get ready for the reunion! I'm 5' 9" so a little taller, but a little more over the 200 mark . I'm shooting for 170 and if I feel like I can maintain less I'll go for it. I look pretty darn good at 170 though! Could be more firm though.

Ginny, tell those mothers I said ! All kids have the ability to be brats! It's human nature and if the bus driver feels the need to discipline their child, then so be it! I would love to see any one of them do your job just one day!

Candy, the seminar was about dealing with change. They talked about the grieving process that goes with losing you job...we knew about it for a year so by the time it was all done I was celebrating, not grieving The speaker was an older black ladie and she was hilarious so the time flew by. I don't have many sewing plans...I have a christmas tree wall hanging/quilted thing that I may make for the Christmas presents. Otherwise, just stuff for around the house or to finish up some of the other quilts I have started . I have been using alot of my scrapbooking stuff to make birthday cards...only for my good friends who would appreciate them. Haven't done too much scrapbooking. I have 1 page done for Tony and stopped at Will's first Christmas I'll catch up when they're older, right???

Penny, good luck at the Dr and also on the scale! Even if it's up, you can take care of it this week right! When do you find time to scrapbook?

My mini goal for this week is not to snack after dinner. I was doing excellent with it until this past week...I'm sure due to TOM but want/need to get out of the habit NOW! Last night it was teddy grahams...could have been worse. If I grab anything it had better be a piece of fruit. I CAN DO THIS!

Gotta scoot...Will's starting to get naughty 'cause I've been posting too long...if I missed anyone, I'm terribly sorry! Have a great OP evening and I'll check back with you later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 05:45 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Never thought I would be back today, but here I am!!!!
Candy- golly, that ear is still bugging you??? Forgive me for being brain dead and not remembering the last thread(you are not alone, there!) did you make it to the ENT? How did that go? BTW- I too bought all the stuff for making a quilt.......never made one though....... It collects dust.

Geri- good luck with your mini goal. I am sure that will work for you!!!!! Hang in there and post here to avoid the nite eating. Glad time flew by with that seminar. Scrapbooking looks like fun, but I know for me I have to attempt to limit myself, I have the natural tendency to be a craft junkie.

Melinda- tread carefully- but working at home can really be nice. I used to be (until 2 years ago when I took up bus driving) a self employed technical writer, and did most of my work at home. Nice- because you are mostly at home. Not so nice- as sometimes there are some late nights (noone appreciates that a child might be sick, and the housework still has to get done and sometimes it is hard to maintain focus on being an employee or a mom.....the list goes on and on.) Sounds like a good offer- make sure they reward you well for your work.

Spryng- hope the subway was yummy and the headache is gone!!!

Penny- hope your bp was ok! Are you on meds for it? As far as the scale goes, even Weight Watchers allows an occasional week off the scale (they give you a coupon for that) and sometimes it is a healthy thing to do. Might be best just to regroup and focus on a great WI next week!!!!!

Thanks to all of you for the encouraging words about my bus monsters. I was so discouraged yesterday, despite that my boss gave me a great progress review and his rebuttal to the crabby mommy letter totally supported me. The unfortunate thing is I know that there are some really awful bus drivers out there (not bad drivers, but nasty personalities) and I have always prided myself on not being that way. This one stop, the Mom's basically and roast me for dinner-if you know what I mean. I would love to have anyone of them sit beside me for a day- and just observe all the nonsense in the bus and on the road.....might change thier tune a bit. But, fortunately today there was an after school activity at school- so except for the one student at that stop whose mom did not sign the crummy letter- I had a very peaceful run home. Guess the Lord knew I needed that!! (thank you!)Gotta go get dinner on......had a whole leftover lasagna from the party so it is an easy nite for me. Oh, I am having WW ravioli, my FAVORITE!!!!! Only 4 points............yum. Have a great nite.And thanks for letting me vent.
Ginny
Old 03-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

I will check back later when I have time to post.....

Just wanted to say we are having breakfast for supper
Old 03-23-2004, 07:41 PM   #12  

Good evening all!
Penny, I have yet to try breakfast for dinner My kids would love it though, I'm just not much of a breakfast person. I have to make myself eat it every morning or I would skip it on a regular basis.
Ginny, sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I didn't realize mothers were signing some kind of letter. how terrible. And yes, my subway was great! And my headache did go away. I rarely get them but I was a bit stressed this morning so I'm sure that is what brought it on. But one excedrin kicked it. Oh and the nap didn't hurt either, lol. I hope tomorrow is better for you and your WI goes great too!
Geri, I have that cookbook too! I haven't made one recipe from it either. I forget about it. But I did get my new cookinglight magazine yesterday and there are a few recipes I want to try in it for next week. And no.... I didn't exercise yesterday. I really wanted to but I didn't make time for it. I know... excuses excuses. I will really try hard tonight to get some in.
Melinda, that job opportunity sounds great! When do you have to decide when to take it or not? I'm sure the pay would be better than the tanning salon. I never really made my kids babyfood. I do however make portions for Tanner in the food processor of what I cook for dinner. He's gotten to where he hates all baby food because of it being bland, but will eat the veggies and such off my plate so I just take a medly of what I make for dinner and throw it all in the food processor until smooth and then he eats it very well. And I also have extra for lunch the next day and such. I enjoy it.
Well, dinner here was good. I tried the boca crumbles for the first time and I think I like them better than the morningstar farms. The point value is the same but the boca has a better meat flavor to them. The kids ate it up. Tanning went well also. Tomorrow I get to up my time to 8 min, my tan is starting to really reveal itself, it's so exciting!! lol, pathetic I know.
Well, I'm going to put some pj's on and start getting ready for american idol. Have a great evening all!!
Old 03-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #13  
Movin' to the Country!

Ginny, glad today was better for you but sorry you had to deal with those disgruntled moms. There's nothing worse than being accused of being a certain way when you go out of your way not to be that way. Been there, done that and it is not fun. Anyhows, I did go to the ENT and they sliced open my eardrum and suctioned it out but there is still stuff in there. It feels like I have a bubble in my ear. But, I'm trying not to think about it!!! Hope dinner was good and you got some relaxation this evening!

Geri, glad your seminar was not boring this time. And you go girl with your walk and your ball! I really have to get back to exercising. Have fun with your new sewing machine when it gets here.

Melinda, if your husband will be very supportive in helping out with JW in the evenings and you are committed to working weekends, evenings and early mornings and having a not so neat house, then it should be no problem. If it does work out that you could work from home, it would be really hard at first but as JW got older it would get easier. Then too you have to think about whether or not you are going to have another baby. It was super hard for me being pregnant, taking care of Sean and working full time from home. But it is definitely worth every minute I don't have for myself to be able to be home with them.

Spryng, glad you got your shopping done and got your tanning in. I've never seen boca crumbles, we only have MSF's here. In most things I like MSF's better but there are a couple of Boca items we like. Have you ever tried the MSF's Parmesan Ranch Chik Patties? They are sooooo good! We eat them as a chik sandwich with lettuce and mayo. That is one of my kid's favorites. Hope you enjoy Idol tonight.

Penny, breakfast...yum! We do that sometimes too. In fact, they had pancakes and MSF's sausage links for dinner last night. My dh made the pancakes and I just can't eat his pancakes. He likes crepes and he makes them soooo thin. I like a little fluff in my pancakes. How did the dr go today?

Ricci, where are ya? Have you applied at the Tanning Salon yet?

Andrea, how's things going for you? How is dh enjoying the new job? Still thinking about moving to Detroit?

Well, today was laundry day. My helper really drove me crazy today. She was not too nice to my kids and they really look forward to her coming. She apologized on the way home but I'm sure that was because I got on to her at the house. Definitely time for her to find a job!!! Anyways, I got some stuff done today but still have a lot of catching up to do from being sick. Right now I'm exhausted and I've got some clean sheets calling my name. Hope everyone has a good night!!!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:30 PM   #14  

Thanks for the job advice! I just received an e-mail. I will call them tomorrow and see what is going on. If I do decide to do it, I would only do it part time until they get someone new, so it would not be permanent. I probably can manage to do it part time, temp. I will find out and let you know when I get more details.

Dinner was a stuffed brocoli chicken that I bought from Costco. It was all right, tasted like it was frozen. Also had spring mix salad, boy am I sick of that. Took some potatoes from the batch I made for JW.

Spryng - I just steamed and food process, it really doesn't take much time at all and it is much cheaper than baby food. JW eats everything, so he has no problem with the bland. Actually, plain potatoes are not that bad. Dh disagrees.

Watching American Idol tonight. I am going to check out the website to see the contestants. I have not watched it this season.

Melinda
Old 03-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Unhappy

Hi Ladies,

I am going to hit the bed early tonight.
Just a little upset
I promise to address everyone in the morning.

Andrew's iron tests come back this evening and they are still low. So they scheduled an appoinment in the morning to consult with me. I am just hoping things are not getting bad to worse again

We will see.......

I will talk to you all tomorrow