Old 03-15-2004, 05:54 PM   #1  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Chit Chat #36

Hello and welcome to our latest thread. We are a very friendly group of women supporting each other in our quest for fitness and better health. Please feel free to join us, though be warned that you'll be subjected to our very silly humour and possibly even to a discussion about topics such as "the reach". *lol*
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:26 PM   #2  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I did all my errands and feel so good knowing the house is mostly clean and smells good,,,like blueberries, infact everything smells like blueberries...funny eh? hmmmm

I start work tomorrow,,,kinda nervous. I have done so many jobs lately,,,Im going to have to grow up and figure out what I really want to be.

Im reading a good book right now,,,another spooky one...lol why I do that i don't know.

well I should get going,,,Las Vegas
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:45 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Red face

Have a first good day at work tomorrow Angie. Can't remember if you mentioned it or not but what will you be doing? Did someone say you were going to be a taster?? Just kidding, I know you said you don't like beer.

Kat~you may scare people off with talk of "the reach."

Not much going on with me. Today was a total loss of a day which is sad. I hate when I have time and don't do anything, other than laundry that is. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. It is supposed to get in the 60's this week which is nice. I want to go out and do some preparing. I am anxious to get started planting something. Anyway, just wanted to check in and see what's up with everyone. Of course you all will get busy once I am off the Have a good one ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

How did you manage to get a blueberry up your nose?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Well my two finals for today went pretty good I think. We had two hours for each and I finished my math in 35mins. and my Powerpoint in 40mins. So I got to go home early!! Hurray for me!!

On my way home...I had a message on my cell from James telling me my brother was visiting. So when I got home I was expecting him to be standing outside with James......instead I found him sleeping on my couch!! So l let hime rest while I cleaned up the house. He spent most of the day here which was nice since the last time he was in Oregon I only saw him for an hour or two.

Then he showed me a video him and his roommate put together from the war. Oh my......just knowing that he was there was one thing, to watch him in action was something else. I told him to make a me a copy. And the most terrible thing he told me almost brought me to tears. He had a clip of his homecoming....and they video taped the landing of the plane....cheers going on in the back ground...then them all marching towards the family waiting for them......Tony didn't have any family waiting!! That tore me up!! I had no idea that no one greeted him home!! My sister who lives in Florida kept apologizing and he told me that it was ok...but I just think that after a year in Iraq you would want to see family!!! He lives in Georgia in case you were wondering. I didn't even know when he was coming home otherwise I would at least tried to make it out to see him. My baby brother....

Ok...enough of my ramblings....I'm going to throw in some laundry...I may be back a little later.

I'll catch up then.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:24 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Evening,

Someone got blueberry up their what?? I heard that the smell of vanilla curbs the urge for sex.......no, I mean chocolate. It is suppose to give you a calm feeling.

I read that anyway......

Took Gab for a check up and she is 35 pounds, 31 inches tall
They gave her 1 shot and she took it like a trooper.

I am interested in becoming a Real Estate Agent, that is what I want to be when I grow up, Angie....lol
I am going to look into getting my license, I think it takes a few months. Actually there is a meeting on my birthday with Prudential Reality answering questions about becoming an agent. It is like a sign!!! .......omg...a realtor sign......lol
Hey, I need all the backing I can get.

Sounds like we have the same mother,Cristi. My realtionship with my mother is a lot better these days. I can understand her more and her struggles as a mother raising 5 children.

I think I am a pretty good catch. I just don't have a lot of $$$. I know this thing with Alex is suppose to be a friendship thing but do I wish for more??? Heck, yes....lol.
He is well off though, what would he want with a poor single mother?? Someone who only has money around March of each year from her tax return?? lol.......
Though he seems different.Maybe because his parents came to this country in the mid 1970's, I am sure he has struggled some.
Anyway, he wrote a nice email today and says " can't wait to meet you in person ".........yep, he put a smile there.....

I better get to work.........nice to come in here and space out...lol

TTYL
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:45 PM   #7  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Today was another weigh in at 221, but I got a nice surprise when I did my official monthly measuring...I'm now down 2" on my bust, 2.25" on my waist, .25 in on my abdomen, 1.5" in my hips and 1.5 in on my upper arms. My body fat has also decreased by 1.30%. My whole workout went much more smoothly after that because I was charged up on the news. *grin* Now if only I would see the weight drop down some... I really want to be at or below 200 lbs by May when I graduate. Even 199.75 would do the trick. Oh well, I'll just keep on keeping on and at least take comfort that I'm losing inches. The other big news is that my BMI has dropped to 39.2, putting me into the obese category rather than the morbidly obese category. Hooray! Thats a big thing in and of itself as it reduced some of my health risk, though I am still at very high risk for health consequences.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:03 AM   #8  
kitty Momo

Kat- This is good news!! Congrats
Curious if that measuring is with WW? Or is that something with your Dr.?
Cross fingers that you make your goal by May. I am sure it will be a big boost to break through that 200 mark!!!
I know it did me,wonderful to see something that didn't start with a 2

I wrote something on your brother Marti, don't see it now.

I am glad he is home safe & sound. Certainly give him a big THANK-YOU for serving his country.

You are a sweet sister, I am sure he understands that you would have been there for his homecoming if you could have been. Enjoy the reunion,and he will be here for your marriage??

Off to pick up Gabster.......
Old 03-16-2004, 12:50 AM   #9  

Hello again--

Got my second load of laundry in the wash...one more to go. I figured that I would be doing all my house work tomorrow since I had no finals....then decided to get a head start today so I could enjoy tomorrow!!! Maybe get some scrapbooking in.............(yeah....I'm sure I will)

Who was it that asked how we met the "love" of our lives?? I can't remember but I will tell you how James and I met. (I just got off the phone with him so he's on my mind)

First time meeting him...he was 16 and I was 21....he was walking around town with my brother in law and so my ex and I stopped to talk for a min. I was introduced and it was his eyes that got me. Put me in a trance....that was the last time I saw him....

Fast forward 6 years. I started working at Foster Farms. He was the Supervisor Assistant. He had just gotten that position due to INS coming in and taking over half of the employees. So he was grumpy and I did NOT like having to talk to him. But that lasted about week or so. He would smile and ask me how I was and we would talk. At the time...I was having problems with my marriage and I was really trying to make it work. He would just talk to me and be my friend without trying to "come on to me" like a lot of men who worked there (you know the kind...oh she's vulnerable...problems at home so lets be "extra" friendly) well James was never that way. He was always sweet and would listen to me talk. He was having issues with his girlfriend at the time and I would listen to him. We were good friends. About a year or more of us talking went by. I knew I like him more than a friend, but I was really trying to make my marriage work plus he had a girlfriend. So I would tease with my friends that he is the "right" guy for me if either of us ever became single. And apparently....he was saying the same to his friends.
One day a mutual friend finally said "Dammit Marti, I can't take this anymore!! You two have been talking about how much you like each other for a whole year,yet neither of you know it...so I'm going to let you know" My mouth dropped. I had no idea that he was interested in being more than my friend.
I don't remember who told James that I liked him too (probably the same guy) but after awhile, when I knew my marriage was over....we started talking more and started doing things together. And here we are today.

Ok..here is the strange part. Apparently I talked about James a lot when I used to come home from work. Because Thom knew that James and I would eventually get together....and he was happy for me. Why?? (this I asked) Because it was nice to see SOMEONE make me happy. Now...how strange is that coming from your ex? I can't even imagine if things between Thom and I were hostile!!!

I don't know how that meeting sounds to you all...but to me...it was meant to be. And yes...his eyes speak volumes to me!! So expressive. Also...my first day working at Foster Farms...was James' Birthday...so I always tell him I was a "late" birthday gift!!

Well, I think I took an awful lot of room sharing that with you. Sorry about that. I can go on and on if you all let me!!!

Ok...who is next?? I love hearing how people met and got together.

Oh!! Dryer shut off...time to put the next load in!!

Marti
Old 03-16-2004, 08:25 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Kat - hope you don't mind that I change the thread title - we don't want newbies who may notg understand our humor to think we're doing weird stuff in here, lol! And about the date - we change that when the thread gets to about 40-50 posts. Way To Go on the body fat loss and inches loss!! You are doing great!!

Cristi - Way TO GO to you, too, on your 4 pounds down!! Don't you just love the feeling of elation of it?? I did the graphics on the St. Pat's Day envelopes myself! Glad you liked it!

Angie - hope you are having a good first day on the job, and that you will tell us all about it when you get home.

Susan - WW points are doled out depending on a persons weight, and then they add 35 a week to be used at our own descretion. I rarely use all 35 extra. Then, they allow more for exercise, but even when I do exercise, I don't take more points. If you (or anybody) want the points range I will be happy to post it. They base the points on calories + fat - fiber in a food. Works for me!!

Marti - awwww.... your story about you and James is so sweet! You could make a movie from it!

Rita - thanks for sharing your bio with us!

My friend that I went to the doctor with has a herniated labia! OUCH!!! She is facing surgery, of course. But at least it ain't cancer!!!!!!

My priorities for the day are tackling Mount Washmore, and playing with my grandkids. Not necessarily in that order, lol! :

BBL,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:20 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Praying that your friend is well and back on her feet soon, Jana.

Praying that you conquer Mt.Washmore.

I was interested in the points because I bought some WW frozen foods, Smart Choice?? Anyway, think it was a 5 pointer. How much is a teaspoon of peanut butter?

Lovely story Marti, thanks for sharing about you and James. I must say Thom sounds like a sweet man, nice that you have a friendly relationship , so good for your daughter.

I have some errands and need to get a walk in. Excited about the real estate thing!!

Would share my love story but I haven't lived it yet....lol.

Alos, want to pick up some curlers and see what I can do with my hair.

Katie- Thanks very much for the St.Patricks card!!!! Received it yesterday

You all take care
Old 03-16-2004, 12:42 PM   #12  

Morning ladies--

Here I sit in the office while the sun is beaming into my window!!! What is wrong with me??!! I think I will be going for a walk in a little bit.

Yesterday was my weigh in and I decided not to weigh myself.....only because aunt FLO decided to visit. And I hate to weigh myself during the visits you know what I mean?? But you know.....I was dancing a little jig when the visit arrived!! That means, it should be over with by the 24th......I would be free for...........hmmmm......honeymoon weekend!

Still haven't decided what we're doing after we get married. we would like to get away but not sure where yet. Better get to thinking!!

Jana--I got your card yesterday in the mail!! You and Cristi. Thank you ladies. I wasn't able to send out cards, but I did send an e-mail to you all. You shall receive it on St. Patty's day. I will get on the ball for the next holiday!!

Alright ladies--this one is a quicky...I need to go take a shower then enjoy this sunshine...forecast calls for a cloudy weekend possible rain!! (ick) So I will take advantage now.

Marti
Old 03-16-2004, 02:03 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Ok,

Enough puttering on the puter.

Gabrille & are heading for our walk at the park.

I had my Advantage shake,banana and 1/2 slice of cracked wheat bread w/ peanut butter. Just sounded good and really wanted someting to dunk in my coffee.

My goal is to be 152 by Saturday, was my goal for last Saturday *sigh*....it's ok ( I am telling myself) I feel tons better and each day I make healthy choices. I COULD still be 165 and in these last few months I have done something about it.

Must admit though,,,,,,,,would love to see that 149.... Haven't seen that since before I became pregnant 3 odd years ago.......actually 3 years in May.

Blah,blah.....best get.

Oh, I just finished my first 33 oz's!!! Good thing about the park is it takes me 15/20 minutes to walk a loop, just in time to use the bathroom....which is right there off the path..........what a pain........lol

TTYL

Old 03-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #14  

Here I am again--

Puttering around the house trying to figure out what I can do while James is sleeping....(he went back to night shift) I want to rearrange the office...get rid of some boxes that are in the closet (it has no door so the whole world can see the mess ) but that would make too much noise. Laundry is done, dishes are done, picked up all the mess around the house...just want to get some organizing done!! I will just have to wait until wakes up...in about an hour.

James has an interview today. Making more than his driving job. Still night shift, but it would be 4 days on and 3 off, then 3 on and 4 off. How good is that? He's still waiting to hear from the Railroad though. We might here something either this week or next. I keep crossing my fingers.

As for me....hmm....being pretty lazy. Debating on going in and getting my hair trimmed. Actually more of a thinning of the layers. It's a bit too poofy for me. I don't really want to look like a clown on my "big" day!! Although that would make for some interesting pictures. I'm trying to let it grow out...but it's driving me crazy! I hate the in between stages. How in the world do I style it when I have no styling sense!!!

Ok....I think I'll actually throw on a pair of jeans instead of shuffling around in my sweats and slippers. Time to make myself presentable.....

How are all you ladies doing today??

Marti

I think I may change my advatar soon....I look tired in that picture....but I can never figure out how to put in a new photo!! Wake up James....I need assistance!!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #15  
RAR

Hello everyone hope that you are having a great day well Ohio is getting hit hard by snow!!!!!!!!! so been out most of theday shoveling as hubby has a bad back so he wont have to do as much just hope my back doesnt go out on me LOL so I figure that is my exercise for the day thanks to all who sent the cards it made my day will be in on it the next timewell better do some laundry like everyone else seems to be doing Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote