Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:12 AM   #91  
Empress/Queen

Glad no one died at the show, Ceara!!! You are funny!!!!

Eydie: Thy menu soundeth good. I was going to make a healthy breakfast sandwich this a.m. along the lines thou had yesterday but now I'm ready for something less healthy and am going out!!

Lost 1.5 due to the faithfulness of all thee regular posters and the motivation of the bunny thread!!!

Re, the pb, I take a jar of natural pb (no sugar, salt trans fat or anything else, just old-fashioned ground up pb, I use the chunkiest I can find) and pour off some (not all) of the oil, put in a half or whole packet Splenda (or could use a drop of honey) and stir and refrigerate as recommended on the label. This tastes amazingly like the commercially processed pb with trans fat, salt and sugar. I count whatever calories are on the label (or not on the label if I've ground it myself at the health food store), but because I've poured off some oil (usually about two tablespoons, which still leaves enough to make the pb a good consistency), it's actually somewhat lower in cal, not to mention fat, although it IS healthy fat ... as long as your pb DOES NOT HAVE TRANS FAT!

That said, I WANT SOME SUGAR AND AM GOING TO GO TO THE CARWASH AND A DRIVE THROUGH AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!!!
Old 03-28-2004, 08:22 PM   #92  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Posting early again in hopes that the desire to eat will abate!!!

Two 2-oz dulce de leche filled donuts 520
12-oz ff milk bottle 135

Sf caramel easter egg 110
EAS van CC shake 100

Dilled salmon, grilled 120
Bulger/mushroom pilaf, corn, btr spray for day 145
EAS van CC shake 100

Improved DQ sundae (1/2 c ice cream removed) 260
EAS van CC shake 100

1.5 whole wheat English muffin 190
EAS van CC shake 100

Edited to add: EAS van CC shake 100

Total Daily Calories 1980

Exercise: Walk 60 min

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-29-2004 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Had an extra shake and in the interest of full disclosure ...
Old 03-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #93  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Like this color!

Yes I've survived the show....it went fine. The larger than life 2 were their usual selves, gotta give them points for consistency I guess. Yes nobody died, nobody got bit and we are all still talking to whomever is important to us. Such is life. I was so beat last night...had a play rehearsal at 7... lots of laughs...but my eyes kept crossing...fell into bed and didn't move until 5:30.

Played ball with heathens this morn, have perused the flowerbeds. The beautiful thing I saw yesterday was at 6:30 am as I was backing outta the drive...I have some varigated crocus flowering at the end of the drive and a deep purple icicle pansy...had to drive back in a look before I left. Used that image to keep me calm all day.

T'days is 2 deep purple arctic iris' which haven't flowered for a couple years...they were offended when I moved them. They are looking gorgeous!

You don't wanna know what I ate this weekend....suffice to say that it wasn't bad food choices..just too early and then too late in the pm...had some wonderful stuffed salmon though...the lunch room was way far away, so I always debated on whether I had time to leave the show rings, and did I really feel that hungry to justify walking that far?

Today my boots are strapped on and my seat belt is firmly fastened...see ya on the wagon!

Brekkie...2 c coffee
3/4 c raspberries
1/2 c mixed grain cereal

Am off to eat it!

Ceara
Old 03-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #94  
Empress/Queen

Default Doh!

Ok, please read my reason for editing!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-29-2004 at 10:10 AM. Reason: I posted my discussion post on the food thread, so will copy and paste on the main thread! Duh!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:07 PM   #95  
deleted2

Grrr...I'm tired of these low-grade crud I have. Worst thing is I get tired so easily and suddenly. When it happens I have to find a place to rest NOW! And my knee is hurting too. I don't know what that's about---but it's really affecting my workouts. Wah! I feel like I'm falling apart. And I'm craving chocolate.

Other than that, things are fine!

Old 03-29-2004, 07:21 PM   #96  
Empress/Queen

Talking Editing in red and orange!

Eydie, take my advice, GET SOME CHOCOLATE!!!!

I really think you need and deserve some. Get a chocolate bunnie as a tribute to the hippy hoppy Easter challenge and a reaffirmation that we can rest and enjoy some treats even though we're aboard that bunny challenge train!!! And, chocolate has antioxidants, lest we forget!!! So it could cure the low grade thing you're going through!!! And you need time off from your workouts also, so what better way to honor thy body than to rest and eat some antioxidants?

Having said all that about treat tributes, I'm making my report early again in hopes that I stop eating!!! Today was all about eating out ... my friends (retired ex-editor and husband) are leaving Arizona (again, they keep coming back and leaving, although they aren't snowbirds, they don't like it here and insist they're only here for family reasons) and I had a nice lunch with them at a fancy Mexican restaurant. I also had breakfast out after gym and tried to make good choices and to "fix" the food. We ended up sharing all the food as I had mistakenly ordered raw tuna (something I just don't eat) but my ex-editor ate it and everyone gave me part of theirs, so I really didn't eat all that much. As always chips (evil), salsa (angelic), and guacamole (healthy) forced themselves upon me but I did rather well in limiting it to what I considered an ounce of chips and 3 T of guacamole, which was the best I've ever eaten. I loved the restaurant and spending time with this quixotic couple!

So, here's the damage:

Improved sausage mcmuffin w/egg (removed 1/4)* 340
*cal saving 110, fat saving 7 gm 0
Snack size fruit n yog parfait 160

*Mexican restaurant 920
*Included: salsa, guacamole, chips, 1/8 quesadilla, 2/3 dulce de leche cheesecake

3 EAS van cc shakes (an hour or so apart, these balance out blood sugar nicely) 300

EAS van cc shake 100
1/2 whole wheat English muffin w/butter spray 60

Total Daily Calories 1880

Exercise: 40 min weights in gym, total body but focus on legs
20 walking hills on

Tomorrow I'm vowing to go outside for a run before going to work in mountains. Plan to reduce calories to the 1600s.

I'm going to post this on all the CCRRMM threads because I read it today and it really hit me, not that I have to necessarily run for exercise or exercise at 5 a.m., but that it IS necessary to do it (and to eat right) whether I really feel like it or not, UNLESS I prefer life at 247 pounds. I can't afford to wait until I feel like it. If not now, when? ... 'I've been running every morning at 5am for about 13 years now--and never ONCE has it been easy to get up and do it. Thirteen years and never once! ... Why do I keep doing it? It is the fastest, most efficient and effective way for me to keep my weight down ...' Ingrid, Connecting in OR, quoted in No More Excuses! by Tawni Gomes

Last edited by Amarantha2; 03-29-2004 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Of course I couldn't skip the night meal! What was I thinking!
Old 03-30-2004, 05:22 AM   #97  

Hello all!

Speaking of choc bunnies....WW's leader touched upon that subject last night...
I realize her point was to encourage folks to be flexible in their choices, plan ahead, use activity points... but actually suggested if worse came to worse...
eat a whole bunny and be done w/ it....
Well, I just smiled as I know what would happen to me...
But there are folks in the class who are very new to this whole game and I am sure felt reassurance that it would be "OK" ... that they could have candy and still be on plan....

And there was a real discussion on how you can increase the size of a Peep by putting it in the microwave for a few seconds...
I can't help but wonder who would have had that idea? I would've never thought of that....

But then again.... it wouldnt have had time to get near any kitchen appliance.....it would be eaten long b/4 we got to the kitchen!

hee hee

But what it would do to me! I'd still be craving, falling, craving, etc, etc, till the fall.....
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 AM   #98  
deleted2

Default Monday

coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 corn-pecan pancakes and 2 veg. sausages
strawberries

brocolli-mushroom quiche
couscous w/ asparagus
4 oatmeal cookies

2 bran bread w/ peanut butter, carrots, spinach
carrot-orange juice

snax: chocolate covered strawberries
10z. tortilla chips and 1/3 c. 5 layer-bean dip

Before I dove into the chocolate chips I melted them and "enrobed" some strawberries, so at least I got fruit with my chocolate!

Old 03-30-2004, 07:15 AM   #99  

Eydie! Please share the quiche recipe! There will be more brunches and I am still looking for something I can bring and share and EAT !

Sounds delish!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 AM   #100  
Empress/Queen

Reporting exercise for today before I forget: 40 min mixed cardio stuff at gym (and outside gym)!

Seconding request for broc/mush quiche from Eydie!!! Yowza!!!

Kaylets, microwaving Peeps sounds downright cruel to me!!!

I just don't get the whole Peep thing anyway. Must be an acquired taste!!!!

Sort of agree with your WW leader, though, as to satisfying bunny cravings, etc., except even though I'm in a fast food frenzy most of the time, I'd rather be encouraged to eat the right way.

I already know how to eat chocolate!

Menu later ...
Old 03-30-2004, 01:13 PM   #101  
caffeine free!

Here reporting that yesterday I ate noting because I could not hold anything down

Today, I am back. Breakfast of bran cereal and yogurt.

And coffee, of course.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:03 PM   #102  
deleted2

Default Quiche Recipe!

1 10" pie crust [you can skip the crust altogther!]

1 c. chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
2 cups chopped broccoli

Saute vegs. in a little water in a large skillet until tender.

Mix 1 c. egg beaters, 1 1/2 cups fat-free cottage cheese, 2 tbsp. flour, 1 tsp. Italian seaoning in a bowl and mix well.

Put 1 -1 1/2 cups grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese in the unbaked pie crust, put the cooked veggies on top of that and pour the egg-cottage cheese mixture over all.

Bake for 40-50 minutes at 375 degrees or until solid in center.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #103  
Empress/Queen

That sounds SO good, Eydie! Thanks! I need to try that on Sunday. I'm thinking of how I can make a low cal pie crust for it ... I'd really like some quiche with a crust! If anyone has any suggestions, please post! Thanks!!!

I'll be back with my menu report later or tomorrow!!! Sort of wimped out on my workday stuff and now will need to travel and do interviews Saturday, so I intend to get back on the straight and narrow tonight calorie wise (it's been a pb cup kinda day) and get back on the vege and fruit train tomorrow)!!! Later ...
Old 03-30-2004, 10:26 PM   #104  
Empress/Queen

Tuesday's damage:

1/2 ww English muffin w/butter spray (for day) 80
EAS van cc shake 100

2-pack pb cups 230
EAS Rich Dark Chocolate Carb Control shake 100
2 ww English muffins 260

Two 2-pack pb cups 460
EAS van cc shake 100
12-oz ff milk 135

WW English muffin w/butter spray 130
EAS van cc shake 100

EAS van cc shake 100

Total Daily Calories 1795

Must eat fruits and vege tomorrow and NO MORE FRIGGIN' PB CUPS! Amen.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:19 AM   #105  

Oatmeal w/2% milk
2 Viactiv
Pretzel stix - abt 1/3 serving
Red beans/rice
1serving pears
salad w/ little bit pepper parmesan dressing
beef tips/noodles
roll/butter
1 cup Strawberry Fields cereal
1 Cremesaver

looked at Jelly beans in store - this adds calories in my case

exercise was walking 2 1/2 hours in WalMart and grocery store

Last edited by anagram; 03-31-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Closed Thread