Old 03-12-2004, 05:38 AM   #16  
Student of the Hoof

Welcome back, Elisha! I used to do the same thing. I'd feel bad and just not have anything to say - well, anything positive, that is. I try now to make sure I pop in and give status reports SOMEwhere - I find that if I have to type it all out, it really helps to get a handle on it. I hope you're feeling better now.

HS - I'm so sorry you took a little detour into overindulgence. But .. maybe you can use that experience to identify some behavior patterns and think of what to do instead next time? Because there is always a next time, isn't there. So, what's the new do!?? I need to call and make an appointment to get mine hacked off again. Summer is coming, the heat will be here, and the LAST thing I want to be feeling is sticky, sweaty hair clumping on my neck.

Grasshopper - I'm glad you have at least a FEW days to just be still and relax. We had a warm day here (70s) last weekend, and it was my first day to get out my shorts (omg they fit again!) and show off my totally gleaming white legs (ow - must shield eyes!). I find myself being continually glad that I realized that if I wanted to be able to wear summer clothes this summer, I'd darn well better start working on the weight in January. That is definitely one of the things that helps keep me OP.

My scale loves me today! I won't shoot it. : Down to 182 today. I think this one isn't a blip, this one is real. I'm a happy camper today. It's Friday, and I'm taking the kids to see Hidalgo tonight! Tomorrow we spend most of the day at the stables riding and training and taking care of wee puppies, then dinner out tomorrow night with the Boyfriend (chili's caribbean salad for me, thank you!) and another movie - not sure which one. Then Sunday morning early up for me to get out to the stables and feed and work, then ride. Must practice my sitting trot and my two point.

I hope everyone else's Friday goes beautifully, and you all have a fantastic weekend!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good evening Fellow Addicts! I haven't jumped on the dreaded scale due to the crash and burn the other day. But I'm getting back OP. I still need to up my water tho.

Elisha, Raven sooo right. I always feel better when I type or write something down. Either on here or in my journals at home. I hope you feel better soon!

Raven, sitting trot? What happened to posting trot? How many times can you go round now? Keep up the great work! Think of all the muscles you are building up!! YAYYYYY...and as for Hidalgo, I can't wait to see it. Did you know that Viggo Mortenson bought the Horse that he rode in Hidalgo? HE also bought the two horses he rode in the LOTR series! Gotta love the guy for getting attached to his costars!lol

Where are Grassie and Tulip???? I miss them!

Have a great weekend folks!!!

Michele
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:48 PM   #18  
Student of the Hoof

Hey Ladies -

HS - Hidalgo was great!! I think being a horse person made it so much more than it might be to someone who just doesn't get that connection. I *LOVE* Viggo!! And my daughter has decided he's worthy lust material as well. Anyone who can ride and act like he does, plus loves the ponies - well .. he needs to be cloned, that's all I can say. I hadn't heard he adopted the Hidalgo horse, but I had heard about the LOTR one.

Sitting trot to help me work on the hip action for my sitting canter! I need to loosen up those hips and roll with the pony, yaknow? Right now I'm doing the posting trot well, and this weekend we'll see how many times around I'm up to! The two point... blah. My balance needs so much work. I did the two point trot over ground rails last time over and over... but I swear I just keep falling backwards. I'll work on the balance more this weekend. I need to keep my legs farther back and they keep skootching forward. It's annoying. Holding them so far back feels WEIRD but it's where they need to be for balance and the proper alignment of shoulder hip and heel.

Oh my I'm so tired. I'm used to a 9 pm bedtime!! Hope everyone had a great Friday!
Old 03-14-2004, 04:44 AM   #19  

Howdie doo everyone...I still have insomnia...and along with insomnia go bad eating habits. So I'm going to be pulling an all nighter, staying up till a normal bedtime then going to sleep straight thru. That way I'll be back onto a proper eating regime. And a normal sleep pattern.

Well...just a quick pop on to say howdie and that I got all my laundry done today as well as more job searching done. Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
Old 03-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #20  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hiya...haven't been around for a few days...busy, busy, busy at my end! Have researched the business for sale until we're confident it's a goer..we are going to put an offer in tomorrow..don't expect it to be excepted as we are going to go in very low...we can always go higher if need be!! I'll make a hard nosed business lady one day!!! I'll let you know what happens as soon as i know!

Can't comprehend all this talk of summer clothes and going to disneyland...it's the middle of winter here still!! (well the calender is saying the start of spring but the weather forcast doesn't!!!) We had another snow day on Friday, Jo-Jo didn't get to school, claire unfortunalty did, her school was only closed to the kids who live in the countryside, and since we live on the outskirts of the town she had to go in!!1 she was not a happy bunny!

Beccy is back from Paris, she didn't enjoy it much, shared a room with some girl friends and was very dissapointed by their behavour...they spent a lot of time, bullying another roomie...bex was not amused...she's a pretty sensitve kid really..only problem is...one of the girls in question is the daughter of the women i am going into busineess with!!! Looking forward to her side of the school trip story...it could be interesting!! She also left her mobile phone in the hotel room...hubby has spent the best part of an hour TRYING to converse with the receptionsit in broken english and school boy french to get it back...and to his credit...Voila!! it has been found and at a cost of 7.62 euros will be posted back to us!!! yippee!! She is so relived...but unfortunatly she also lost her brace (retainer) that wasn't found so a trip to the orthodontist on monday morning is inevitable...he is going to be cross and i will probalby have to pay for a replacement

She spent Salturday in disneyland paris...she has been here before and loves it but the keep bugging about going to the real one ...which one do you think is best...why do you think one is better than the other splashes???

Glad your all feeling back on form...ToM throws us all sometimes...keep your chin up and keep with us...we don't mind if you want to moan a bit and let off steam...we are all here to support each other!!

I feel as if i have been really bad today, but on reflection i haven't , we went to dinner at a freinds house and there was a lot of food on offer, but what i actually had was pretty healthy..only one fruit dessert with a tablespoon of cream, one glass of wine as i was driving, all i have to do is keep up the good work thorughout the week now!!

Well done to you exersicers, loosers and maintainers..and well done to leanne for her little bump showing...i always showed really early in all my pregnancies..part and parcel of the deal I'm afraid...but look at the joy it will bring oyu at the end of your term...My SIL is now about 5 days over due...we are all on tender hooks waiting for THE phone call!!

Well it's getting late and i'm dying for an early night so i'll sign off for now and write more tomorow...enjoy the rest of your sunday!

Bye
Tulip
~x~
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:46 AM   #21  

Evening ladies! Just a short note to say I'm too scared to get on the scale!lol With the fall off the wagon and ToM, I KNOW the scales are going to be WAY up. So I'll wait till next friday. Good news, I DID buy a proper pair of runners to start running with! YAY..

As for the diff between Disney Land and Disney World...literally a WORLD of difference. Disneyland is the original. Small, junky, rundown. Nowhere near the rides as at Disney World. Definitely go to Disney WOrld!

Tomorrow is a new day, a new start. Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys! Well it's back on all the wagons this week. I'm losing count...there's the diet wagon, the exercise wagon, the school wagon, the saving money for business wagon....I hope they're all going in the same direction - because sometimes I swear...they're NOT!

I wasn't even ON program last week. Pitiful excuse for a healthy way of life. I'm doing well now though. My head is back in the game. Not getting on the scales this week though - don't want to face the numbers. I'm afraid I will get depressed about it.

We lost a class mate this weekend. We are such a small intimate group that it's also like losing a close friend. Now we are 5 1/2 (we have one student who's there half the time and not half the time. Don't know how he's still allowed to be there at ALL.

Well I'd better get to studying. Had a 10 hour class yesterday to make up for snow days and we have tests on the info learned yesterday TODAY! Doggie also needs to go to the vet. Still not sure why he's being so cranky. It's not getting worse - just not any better either.

Well guys, I'll chat with you later! Take care! mrm
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:58 AM   #23  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Okay, so I had my mom move the scale into her bathroom so I wouldn't be stepping on it every 5 minutes, with the intention of actually going down there every Monday morning. So I went down this morning and--down 3 more pounds! Yay!!!!!
I guess it's good to be away from the scale for a few days... it makes it so much better when it's down 3 instead of just hovering for a few days at a time.
Anyway, have to go get ready for the job hunt. Mom is lending me her car today, so hopefully I will come up with something. Wish me luck!
~E
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:59 AM   #24  

Hmmm Sounds like a wagon train you got going there Grassie! Stay on Track! You're doing great! As for the 1/2 time student..I agree with you..either you're there or you're not. Hope puppy feels better! And I'm not stepping on the scales this week either!lol

Miss Elisha! Congrats on the 3lb loss! Yes I agree with you when it's a loss like that rather than hovering. worse is the up one pound down one pound thing. I detest that inteh worse way! Good idea moving the scale!lol And good luck on the job hunt. That's what I'm doing today as well!

Tulip and Raven...hope to see you ladies on here today!! Keep up the great work everyone!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 02:29 PM   #25  

guys, time to come clean, I'm really not doing well.I'm exercising and my body feels good but the stress of eating well it getting to me. I have to plan on sundays - grocery shop and make all meals for hte week for me and boyfriend. He's helping but it's tiring. Seems like SOMETHIGN is always left out - or we forget to cook something - or roomates eat food.

At anyrate I'm not eating well - not bad just not well. It's like I need permission to be really crappy for two months - as long as I exercise..then I'll be graduated and I won't be putting in 80 hour weeks every week.

I'm cranky, tired and well.....witchy with a b. Something has to give. If it's eating a candy bar - I feel like I have to do it.

someone help. I feel good because I'm exercising but I'm just not eating htat 5 food diet that I'm suppose to be on.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #26  
Student of the Hoof

Grasshopper... I don't know much about why you're on this particularly limited diet other than what you've posted recently about it. It seems related to allergies, is that correct? Have you gotten any second or third opinions on this? Are there alternatives to limiting your diet? Was this a temporary arrangement to find out what foods might be causing problems by limiting it severely, then adding in things one at a time to pinpoint problems? Because if your doc is saying this is how you have to live for the rest of your life, and you're having issues with it now, it seems like this is a train wreck waiting to happen. It would seem to me that any plan you choose to be on should be something you can be on without feeling resentment, overt frustration, cranky, etc. Because ultimately you will not stay on such a plan. You're finding that out. If it is truly only for the next two months... then perhaps you do need to give yourself permission to just get through it the best way you can. Of course none of us can do that for you, that has to be a decision you make freely and without bashing yourself about it later. OTOH, if you're just using all this as an excuse (don't get mad, I know we all do it, myself included) then it won't matter if it's school, work, boyfriends, roommates, or anything else.. you just won't work well with this plan and maybe it really is time to look at alternative approaches.

Just my .02 - It sounds to me like you're really on the verge of just snapping completely, and that's not a good thing, chickie. *hug*
Old 03-16-2004, 03:27 PM   #27  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Just a quickie....had a quick read of all your posts...your such an inspiration...love reading them all, but have little time to post today...I'm in the middle of cooking a St. Patricks night Irish Stew and Soda Bread meal for 12!!!!!!! It's not for me but a small catering job i've picked up...! Not too bad on the eating front...no exersice but feel that i need to do somthing soon!

I'll try to pop in again before the weeked, keep up the good works everyone!!
Tulip
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #28  

RT I think I am close to snapping and trying to force myself to stick to this diet makes it harder. I do feel better on the program - the frustrating part is that my ADD symptoms are gone, pain is gone and energy is up - oh AND I dropped a ton of weight on it - but in the end it requires a ton of planning that right now it a bear to manage. At first it was cool and fun -then life got it's head in the middle of it.

I live with roomates that eat my food. BF and I grocery shop together but school and work have gotten in the way of all of that. I've had absolutely no time to do it and sending him alone is just way to hard - I'd have to send him with exactly the package I need because I can eat one kind and one kind only.....leaves us both irritated. Trying to detox while stuying for exams and writing papers constantly isn't easy either.

I know I have to give myself permission I just want to make sure I'm not giving myself permission to do something wrong for me. The hardest part of this is that I work in the doctor's office that is treating me. I am treated monday. I have to face him and say I know we tell the patients to eat this way and I know it's good but I can't do it right now. That's a hard thing to face. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. I WILL go back to this way of life after school - and I will stay on the excercise path right now but it fees like trying to change my life completely while doing a 2 year degree in nine months, planning a move, helping plan my brothers wedding in 2 months and startinga business is more than I can handle and other than my brother's wedding there's nothign I'm willing ot back away from right now.

The diet has to give for now. I have to be able to just cook brown rice and chicken and not feel like I'm a failure. Or eat ranch dressing on my salad and not have the allergy police come get me.

Sorry if I sound angry. I am right now. Just stress. The hardest part about this program is that while I love it - we have one student that is completely imature and insulting to everyone in it and you have to face her daily for so long and you just can't seem to get a break from her. So far no one has said anything to her so she just gets worse. It's all I can do to keep my mouth shut as she insults our bodies, minds, willpower, and ability in class. It's just one more thing adding to stress that makes me want to knowover the wendies right down the street - maybe the dairy queen instead.

I'm not going that far off the wagon. I just want to be able ot follow a diet like South Beach and not feel like I'm completely off track with my diet.

emotions are wild and high today. I know this - sorry if I seem mean to anyone. I completely feel it!

I do need you guys. I am still trying to exercise and get on a plan that will let me hit my goal weight. I just feel so guilty that the doctor's diet isn't working for me right now. I really respect him and I know it works. I feel like I'm letting him and me down.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:55 PM   #29  
Student of the Hoof

You know.. my son is ADHD. My daughter is ADD. My ex-husband is ADD, my brother is ADHD. It kind of runs in our family, eh? If the special perfect diet has to give for right now, and you are ok with that, then hon, you do what you have to do. When I went up to Alaska to visit my father, who had suffered a severe and life threatening fall plus suffers from Alzheimer's, there was no way I could deal with being away from home, working out, helping to move my dad, seeing his house after my brother and SIL had moved into it, etc. etc. etc. Then when I came back to GA, it was the holidays, which for the last 10 years have sucked for me because all it did was remind me that my mother wasn't with me anymore. So I decided that by god I wasn't going to be gloomy and depressed and angry at the holiday's anymore, and if that meant I was going to use food as a crutch to get through it and help my children and boyfriend actually be HAPPY during christmas for a change, then so be it. January rolled around, and I climbed back into the saddle, so to speak. It wasn't easy, and I had to relearn a lot. But I did it. I guess what I'm saying is that if you know what you need to do, don't feel bad about it. You know the diet works, you know you have faith in your doc, it's just that right now life is a little too lifey. I think if you explain it to him in that fashion, he'll understand.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:54 AM   #30  

Grassie! We're here for you! And don't feel guilty about wanting to eat something else. I know what it's like. When I got my food allergies and found out I was alergic to 250 different things...it limited me down to only 5 or 6 things until we found what exactly were the main allergies. If you gotta splurge..SPLURGE!!! goshdarnit!! If it helps to destress you, alleviate the pressures, make you FEEL BETTER!! DO IT!! As for the roomies...tell them to STAY OUT OF YOUR FOOD!! OR Get new roomies..how can they be so inconsiderate? The chick in yer class, Tell her politely that you are not impressed by her behavior and that you find it rude and insulting and that you will not tolerate it. Like Raven says...something's gotta give in times of stress..and better to eat some food for comfort rather than losing your mind! Keep up the great work...we know you aren't mean...you don't even sound mean...you just sound VERY stressed out! We're here for ya Grassie!!!

Raven, you give such wonderful advice and comments! We are so lucky to have you here on SAA! ADHD and ADD seem to be so commonly diagnosed these days...and here Grassie has just proven that hers is food related...so not neccessarily a genetic thing...nor even properly diagnosed ADHD/ADD....just symptons of body imbalance. I know how my body is affected by food I am allergic to. It's amazing. I'm so glad you are able to send such kind words and thoughts to Grassie right now in her stressful times, because you can identify with her and then give her wonderful words of wisdom! You are an inspiration to all of us!!! Keep up the great inspiring!lol

WooHOo Tulip! A St. Paddy's Day Catering Gig!! Hope you have a great time! And it's good to put on your resumee!! I'm not a big corned beef and cabbage person...But I do love St. Paddy's day! Glad you were able to stop by!

As for me, I've been good. Back on OP, and doing lots of exercise due to the 14" of snow that we just got dumped on us. I shovel every 4 to 6 hours so I don't end up having to shovel too heavy of a load. I live on a corner of two streets so twice the sidewalk to shovel. AND a double driveway...so needless to say my arms are getting quite the workout!lol I am hoping this is the last snow for the year until winter....BF gets to go to Orlando on business, but won't take me, even tho I have the time. He sucks!!lol Well, it's nearing 6am and it's time for me to go shovel again! Snow is STILL falling!!!

Take care folks...See you later today no doubt!