Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 10:01 AM   #1  
Kool Kat

Talking

Hey!! How is everyone doing? Well, I don't know about you guys, but when the thread goes on to the next page, I think it's time for a new one!

I've had a good weekend so far. I haven't exactly been eating well, but I haven't really been eating a lot when I do eat, so it sorta evens out, I hope! But today we're going to the grocery store for food. The only thing about that is that we're not too creative with our meals and we end up getting the same things that we know are low in points. I've tried looking on the internet for good recipes, but they are usually too complicated and take spices and stuff that we don't have. We don't deal with stuff like crushed garlic cloves and all that stuff!! So, I know someone suggested this already (sorry, I don't remember who it was!), but we really should try to give ideas for interesting recipes. It sure would help alot.

And with that, while this isn't a recipe, it is something interesting. Have any of you tried that Brummel and Brown butter? The apple cinnamon stuff is great!! And it's 1 pt for a tablespoon. for those on WW On bagels, it's great! And if you eat a bagel with 2 tbspn. it's 6 points. Not bad for breakfast!

Kim... Hey!! Thank you for signing my guestbook and for the compliment!! (Though you know how it is... sometimes it's hard to believe).

Thanks guys!!

Seren Dee

PS. I pierced something. Does anyone have any piercings, because I was woozy and the guy was like "Blah, blah, blah, Ok?" So I'm not really sure what I should be doing, y'know? Ok! Bye!
Old 04-01-2001, 03:51 PM   #2  
Kool Kat

Ok, now I'm just talking to myself. It's ok!

I have another idea. I'm sure y'all have all heard that the best thing to do is make small goals for yourself and conquer them, then set another small goal... sorta "mini-goals" to get to the big one. I think we should verbally announce them, and once we've reached the small goals, everyone can do something special for them... sorta like one would do for someone's birthday. Now, since we are just friends here on the message board, which I hope changes eventually, there's not much we could do. But it would be nice to send that person a little ecard or whatever. Ok, I'm stretching, maybe... but it would just be... It's an extra supportive boost, y'know?

Ok, ta-ta for now!
Seren Dee

PS. I'm in a mood today. (This is good!)
Old 04-02-2001, 06:25 PM   #3  
Strange Little Girl

Default weekends are evil

Seren Dee-
Sorry! I didn't know there was a new thread! So I copied this and pasted it into this new one.

I was soooo bad, guys. I don't think I put any weight back on, but I was bad. I'm weighing about 167ish these days. Yay! But this weekend, oh man....

I went to McDonald's and Denny's on Saturday. Then, KFC and Taco Bell on Sunday. But, I could tell my stomach had shrunk because I picked at most of the food...and I got full so easily. I'm back on track again today, though. I'm sure at 3:00 I'll be off to Subway for my daily sandwich. I think it'll be roast beef today. Oh yeah, I also drank about ten sodas this weekend! My body is craving water badly!

Hope you all did better than myself. I'm getting really stressed lately, with two big exams coming up, two term papers, working is starting to pick up again (12 hour work days, plus school), and friends are upset with me for not seeing them enough. It's just overwhelming to have to watch what I eat as well. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to do it! I felt so disgusted with myself after I ate all of that....

New day, though, and I'm going to fix it!

Morgan--A lot of people seem to have success on WW, but it all depends on your lifestyle and what you can handle. Exercise and eating right will always get you there, no matter what plan you're on. Remember that it is only healthy to lose about 2 lbs a week (except in the beginning when you lose excess water), so if impatience is the problem, it would probably be a bad idea to change what you're doing.
Just realize that whatever plan you go with isn't temporary, but a permanent change in you're eating habits that you have to (more or less) stick to for the rest of your life to remain a healthy weight. Good luck!!!

~Kim
"You'll never gain weight from a donuthole." -Tori Amos (Doughnut song)

P.S. What did you pierce, Seren? I've had about 10 or so piercings in my ears, but now I'm down to about 3 (closed them all). I also used to have my ears stretched to a 0 gage (that's when there big and you could stick a pencil through them if you wanted to). I closed those back down to a normal size, but I'm thinking about opening them up to about a 2 gage again. Anyways, I have lost of friends with tongue, belly button, and sorts of stuff....so, I know that where most of us get ours done they give us this eucalyptus soap to wash with every day. You also have to move the ring around every day, so it doesn't close up around the ring and you can't move it. Each one has different healing times, anywhere from 3 weeks to 6-9 months! I'm not sure what you're referring to, though.... I had my tragus pierced when I was 15, that's the spot on your ear right next to the inside of your ear, that tab-like thing that's really thick. It took 3 months to heal completely, but now it's great. Hope you didn't do it with a gun, though, because guns cause infections really easily...
Old 04-02-2001, 06:39 PM   #4  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hey ladies...

Hey ya'll.

Piercings: Just five in my ears..slowly closing. I think it's all novelty for me now.

I had a decent weekend. Down another pound. I've been finding some great low fat foods.

I think your idea, Seren, is great...making small goals. I already have the big goal, but I think I've decided to try to get down to 195 by April 18th. That's almost 4 pounds a week, which isn't very healthy, but I'm visiting my mom in Philadelphia then, and when I saw her a year ago, I was that weight and she wouldn't shut up about how fat I was, so at least I'll weigh the same so she can't be even more astounded! Really, I'd like to get below 200. Any of you who are over 200 probably know how terrible it feels to be over the 200 mark. The first time I ever saw the 2 I was so shocked, but then it just became normal...so now I just want to get into the 190's! So, okay, realistically I'll say my goal is:

199 pounds by April 16th. That's exactly two weeks to lose 4 pounds. That's pretty decent.

I feel myself losing weight, but unfortunately we can't choose where we want to lose the weight if you know what I mean!!!

Kim: at least you admitted when you fell! That's great! It's really hard when you're so busy. 12 hour days for work is terrible! Do you really have to do that? 8 hours a day M-F is bad enough for me! I liked your quote! I have one too...

"...and girls who eat pizza never gain weight...never gain..weight..." Tori, "Father Lucifer"
Old 04-02-2001, 09:48 PM   #5  
Kool Kat

Hey, guys!! Well, I know what you're talking about when you mentioned that 200 lb mark. I am at 220 right now... blah!! It's been so long since I've been under 200, that I don't even know how it is going to feel!! I do remember thinking to myself "I refuse to hit 230! Then... I refuse to hit 240!! Well, 250 was my highest before I started that whole not-eating situation.

Piercings: I've never really been into them, but I decided I wanted one. I was going to do my tonge, but I couldn't see doing that. I talk too much to not be able to talk for 3 days!! Bellybuton? Umm... like I said, I'm 220. There's no point in that right now, for me anyway. Hopefully next year I'll be ready for that. So... I got my eyebrow pierced. (I put new pics of it up on my site )

My mini-goal... to get to 200. I'm not really setting a time... I'm just gonna do something nice for myself when I get there

I had a good day points-wise. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, Subway for lunch, and Chili for dinner. I didn't get all of my veggies or all of my water in. Those are the two things I still have to work on with this Weight Watchers program. I am also planning on going back to the gym, but I owe them $60 that I don't have

That's it for today!! I'll talk to y'all soon!

Seren Dee

Last edited by Seren Dee; 04-02-2001 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2001, 02:36 AM   #6  

hey y'all

Piercings : None actually. I know a couple of ppl that have done the tongue thing and it looks pretty kewl but, I don't know if I actually have the guts to go and pierce the tongue. I'm told it doesn't hurt but, the thought hurts. lol

I had a really good day today. Did nothing but drink gallons of water (at least it seemed like that), had cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and chicken/salad for supper. Didn't really get to my ab exercises but, I did take my dog out for a walk so it all evened out I'm sure.

Anyways, hope everybody had a good day.

Seren . . . that sounds like a really good way of motivating everybody towards their goal.

Morgan
Old 04-03-2001, 08:42 PM   #7  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey!

I think when I hit my goal, I'm going to reward myself with a belly-button ring....if I can decide whether I can stand the pain or not!!! But some of the most girly girls I know have done it so I know I can!

I feel so full right now! I just had sushi for dinner...gosh, it was sooo good though! I'll have to work out extra hard tonite....the sushi itself isn't very fattening, it's just how much I ate! Now I'm guzzling down the water and I feel like big slob. Do you ever feel that way? I have a hard time drinking my water, so I tend to drink a lot at one time, especially after I just ate something, so it causes me to really get all bloated up and squishy feeling...blah...like I just did a good thing, but I feel so terrible! Ha!

Anyway, Hope you're all doing well. Talk to you soon!

Girlie
Old 04-04-2001, 08:43 AM   #8  
Kool Kat

Hey, guys!! For some reason, I'm losing weight (Not that I'm complaining!!) I've been doing really well with the water. That's always been difficult for me. I'm making myself do it, and it looks like it might be paying off. Now I just need to work on getting those veggies in and getting to the gym!!

Ok, I just wanted to share!! c-ya later!!

Seren Dee

(250/220/135)
Old 04-04-2001, 05:21 PM   #9  
Bacon Girlie

Default Encouragement for Seren Dee and all of us...

You know, there is a girl in one of my classes who had been in a class with me a couple of years ago..and I noticed that she totally lost weight. I asked her about it. In September of just last year, she started Weight Watchers. She was 250 pounds. She hit the gym and kept track of her points. Six months later, she hit 178 (I talked to her last month. I've never really thought about it, but in 6 months from now (quick months!) I can be right at my goal! She told me she never exercised before, and was overweight all her life. Once she started hitting the gym and watching what she ate (NOT starving herself), the pounds just dropped like mad. Now, she's only 20 pounds away from her goal...

I like to think about all this like this: Just 5-6 months of sacrifice from me, can get me to my goal. This "thing" that I think about all day, every day, can be over. And by then it won't be a sacrifice anymore. Once I see that I'm back to my old self and feeling SO much better about myself, I'll never want to go back. We all know that six months can go by SO quickly. I just started a few weeks ago and it's gone by so quickly!

I joined my gym a year ago January. It was so depressing for a whole year to go by and I weighed more than what I started with! I dropped some weight early last year and gained it all back...all those hours of exercising and sacrifice was gone...wasted!

So just think about this...where will YOU be in 6 six months? That's all it can take and you can be 50 pounds lighter, just in time for graduating from college!
Old 04-05-2001, 08:44 AM   #10  
Kool Kat

Wish me luck, girls!! Today's my weigh-in. I always dread these days. It seems like I always weigh heavier on these days!! :P I think I've lost tho. I've been doing really well with my water, and yesterday I got a lot of my fruits and veggies in (although not all, I don't think.) Anyway, I just wanted to check in with everyone. This thread seems to have died down a bit, but I hope those of us who still post will continue to do so. I've been through a couple of threads that have completely stopped, and it gets tiring, y'know?

Anyway!! I'll come back later and tell you how my weigh-in and my day went!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-05-2001, 04:14 PM   #11  

It's amazing to think where you'll be 6 months from now. I honestly have no clue as to where I'm gonna be. The last few days I've found kinda difficult but, once the day is over, I'm really proud of myself that I never went to my temptations. You feel better, and so much healthier once you've done that. I've been drinking tons of water . . . decided to stop having caffine (I think that's how it's spelt), chocolate, and fried foods in my diet. A girl in my Spanish class just decided to totally drop those things from her diet and she's lost 15 lbs already. I just kinda thought that would be a great way to start off.

I'm hoping that when Aug comes around, I'll be closer to my goal and happier with myself.

Have a great day ladies. Hasta luego

Chao

Morgan
Old 04-06-2001, 06:38 AM   #12  
Kool Kat

Within six months, I'd like to be about 50 lbs or more lighter. I plan on really busting butt this summer to get this thing well on it's way. I'll have lots more time for the gym or whatever, and next semester's schedule will allow for it, too.

Well, I went to my weigh-in last night, and I'm down 2.8 lbs!! I am so excited about this! It's just what I needed! The only thing is... I started taking Dexatrim last week, but I stopped. It's an appetit suppressent, but it also burn calories. That's why I stopped taking them. I thought about it and I don't want to get down to what I wanna be and stop taking them and gain it all back. Y'know, cause I won't have that extra thing automatically burning calories. I know, suppliment for it, but that's a hard thing to do, especially when I plan on adding exercise to my routine sometime soon anyway. Does anyone understand this, or am I being silly about it? I dunno... I just don't want anything to hinder what I *am* going to have, y'know?

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I've been trying to drink lots of water, and most of it was probably a one-time water-weight loss. Ok, I'm running late, so I'll talk to you guys later!!

Seren Dee

(250/221/135)
*Determination and motivation are the keys!*
Old 04-06-2001, 08:20 PM   #13  
Strange Little Girl

Default sorry it's been a few days...

Hey girls! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I played hookie from work a few days (it's been really tough to handle lately), and I'm not here to post on the weekend. Anyhow, I probably haven't been on here much because I haven't been eating right all week long. I physically feel like crap for not eating right, too. I've learned to listen to my body, guys...it feels good. I think pretty soon, eating right won't be an effort. It feels good to eat right, and I know all this week I've felt sluggish and icky. So, I just want to apologize...I don't want to let you guys down with my mistakes. You're all doing so great and I'm really proud of you. Seren, WAY TO GO!!! I'm very happy for you! Everyone else, too. I'll try to get myself back on schedule and behave. I've just used how hectic my life is right now as an excuse to indulge. But trust me, indulging doesn't make me feel any better...in fact, probably worse in the end. I'm just.....really....overwhelmed. I stayed home and slept in and avoided taking my midterms. I'm probably going to fail the semester if I don't get myself together. If I try hard from this point on, I'll probably pass with Cs. But I don't know if I can hang on. I'll be so disappointed in myself if I don't....but I'm moving next month, and work is absolutely crazy...(I worked 17 hours on Tuesday), and my social life is incredibly stressful. I know that sounds dumb, but my friends can be so demanding of me sometimes. It takes energy for me to make everyone happy. I just want to scream!!! I don't know what to do....I need a vacation. But I can't....I have to get everything together. It's just so hard, you guys....Sorry, I'm rambling. I just don't know how to fix school. Maybe I can get it together over spring break. Mine just started yesterday.....

ARgh! Sorry to dump this on everyone! Keep up the good work!

~Kim
Old 04-06-2001, 09:17 PM   #14  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey gals!

I've been doing quite well with my eating, and I made it to the gym every day this week...even twice yesterday!

I don't think I've lost any weight..I'll see on Sunday. If not, it's okay because I know I'm doing well. Too bad because the weight I've lost so far is my chest!!! It sucks, but as long as in the end I get my hourglass figure back, I'm okay.

Girls, we all have bad days...it's not easy...we really have to think about what we're putting into our bodies. Every meal, we have to look at it...stay away from fast food...there isn't really ANY fast food that's good for you... I thought I'd share some tips because I know most of us are on the go and preoccupied...I know I'm not exactly the weight loss queen myself, but I'm really learning.

1) Plan your meals. You don't exactly have to do it down to a T, but know what you're eating..don't leave the house for work without knowing what you're gonna eat. Plan snacks. Don't keep junk food in the kitchen if you know you'll be tempted.

2) Every "little" bite counts! It does...one chip will turn into two...look at what you're eating and think about it. Most people don't think about what they eat...they just sort of shrug their shoulders and eat it and feel bad later. It's not worth it!

3) Don't rely on fast food!! I know we're all busy...but it's so much better that you can make your own meals and know what's in it. If you really have to get food, stay away from fried foods and burgers..(ha..that's about everything!). Even if it's a chicken, that doesn't mean it's good for you! Stay away from mayo unless it's fat free (even reduced fat mayo and dressings can have a ton of fat). Go to taco bell and get beans without cheese and rice without cheese. KFC - get chicken breasts and take the skin off....the skin itself is loaded with fat. At Subway, skip the mayo and cheese and get spicy mustard and load up with veggies. McDonalds, get a garden or chicken salad with the fat free vinaigrette dressing...get two of them! If you HAVE to get fries, get a kid's size. Most other fast food places don't really have anything but salads. If you can't resist, stay away from them. I know...I would just go to places because they were easy...but I totally paid for it in the 20 pounds I've gained since September!

4) Veg Out. If you get the munchies at work, have carrot sticks, canned fruit, fresh fruit available. If you have pretzels, make sure it's one serving. I learned to really like carrot sticks...I can eat all I want of them and get that 'full' feeling, and it's all good for me.

Anyway, I'm done for now. If you are interested in any other advice, ask me, because I totally want to help any of you. It makes me help myself too. [email protected]
Old 04-08-2001, 09:43 PM   #15  

Default Howdy

Hey girls,

Sorry I haven't been in lately. My puter is actually broke down at the moment, so I'm at the b/f's place now. I've been doing really well lately. I weighed myself Saturday morning, and . . . ta da . . . I've lost 4lbs! I'm excited. I've been sticking with everything, walking almost every night. I found that jump rope is an excellent exercise. Totally keeps the heart pumping.

Anyways, I think that's about it. Hope everybody is doing well and having a good week-end.

Chao
Morgan
Closed Thread