Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 08:30 AM   #31  
Kool Kat

Where is everyone?! It's been awhile. But I can't say anything... it's been awhile for me. I'm still not doing very well. I'm trying, but... it's hard. Finals are coming up next week and all, and I think that is a big reason why this thread has slowed down.

I've developed rashes!! I hope I don't do this every time finals come around!! ANyway! I was just sorta checking in with everyone to see how y'all are doing.

I hope to hear from you guys soon!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-25-2001, 08:35 AM   #32  
Kool Kat

hey, where is everybody?!
Old 04-25-2001, 01:10 PM   #33  

midterms suck.

yeah, that about sums it all up.

big test tomorrow. must study obsessively today.

aaaaaccccckkkkk.

i've been eating well....drinking a lot of water cuz it is so warm right now. i'm normally a soda person. weird.

i think i've lost weight. i'm scared to weigh myself. i love aikido. i've been doing that and walking more. hope that will help me reach my goal....

i'll write more later on.

andrea
Old 04-25-2001, 04:26 PM   #34  
cookies are for browsers

Thumbs down

I'd like to join you guys. I'm almost done with my MA and afraid of the summer - always gain 5 pounds after the semester is over. Guess it's all that hauling books all over the place (I'm a lit major).

Thank goodness for Luna bars - good protein, chocolate, and only 4 points on WW. I keep them in my backpack so I won't spring for the jumbo kingsize Snickers bar at the bookstore. I'm not even mentioning the pub!

I saw a cartoon "T.S. Eliot discovers Beavis & Butthead" and it shows him looking out the window. The caption reads "April sucks." I can't stop chuckling at that one, especially since I got back OP in April.

Time for a new thread?

Jennifa
209/199/170

Last edited by jennifa; 04-25-2001 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:35 PM   #35  

yeah, luna bars are good. i like them better than the chocolate coated rice krispie treats.

do you guys have any good and easy cooking ideas? i'm lazy, and gettting to be tired of salad....

andrea
Old 04-27-2001, 08:04 PM   #36  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hello

Hello, Jennifa and Andrea. Good to see new people since I've been back from Philadelphia. I ate so much while I was there, and only gained a pound! I did TONS of walking!

I know how both of you feel...I have a huge project due on Monday...not looking forward to it..I slacked during vacation!

Jennifa, you are looking for recipies...I cook, but really simple things. Do you have a broiler? I love broiled veggies. An ideal dinner for me would be some type of broiled fish like orange roughy and broiled asparagus, squach and carrots. I normally don't have time for this, even though it's only about 10 mins cooking time..I work nights, so this is a treat for the weekends!

I like to make quick stir frys...I found something called "I can't believe it's not beef(or chicken)". It's made from soy, and I just throw the slices in a pan with fresh broccoli, carrots and pea pods, about a half cup of water and put the lid on. By the time I'm out of my shower, I've got steamed veggies. The soy is already seasoned, so it's really simple.

I don't cook meat besides the fish, so I don't have any recipies for that! When I have company, I normally cook lean pork chops in the broiler, seasoned with S&P and garlic.

There are some really awesome soy meats, like Chick N Patties and 'salisbury steak' that I've found. Vegetarian foods are much more popular now, very low in fat and are quick cooking, so I suggest them even if you're not vegetarian.
Old 04-30-2001, 10:38 PM   #37  
Strange Little Girl

Default trying this again...until I get it right

I've missed you guys...trying to do better again. Not going to kill myself over the eating stuff...just trying to be reasonable...and eat in a general overall healthy style. Today, I had a frozen lean cuisine for lunch, and I had a Odwalla strawberry drink for breakfast. Dinner will probably be soup and some crackers. I did have to pieces of chocolate today. Someone brought in See's Candy at work....I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm thinking about buying that book "Look Great Naked." It supposedly tells you how to tone your problem areas with only 15 minutes of exercise a day. I think I can handle that....

I caught a glimpse of my backside in the mirror while getting in the shower this morning...and Oh my God, do I need to get back on track. I haven't gained anymore than I was...I'm back to about 170ish. So that means about 30 to go, still. I going to do my best to promise I'll be around on the thread more often....it'll keep my mind on eating right and working out. When I don't have to answer to you guys...I get way off course. By the way, welcome to everyone new!!! I hope you're all doing well.

My boyfriend and I split up last week...so it's been hard times. It was a mutual decision...we needed time and space of our own, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt like **** to do it. It's actually been affecting my appetite....so I haven't eaten much. I've got that nervous stomach bug....

Which also means I can't afford to move out without his help. Looks like I have to save money for a few more months before I can do this...or maybe I can just sacrifice all the silly things on my list that I think I have to have before I move (new TV, George Foreman Grill, etc.)...I could just buy them as I go....we'll see. I don't know what I'm doing as of yet. I have to sit down and think it out a little better.

I missed you guys!!! Talk to you soon...

Kimberly
"And girls who eat pizza never gain weight, never gain weight..." ~Tori Amos
Old 04-30-2001, 10:56 PM   #38  

i'm sorta bummed right now. I have loads of homework, and I just cut my hair really short. I love my hair. Everyone else loves my hair. Except for my boyfriend. After prodding him, he said that it looks masculine. Now i feel all self conscious about my hair.
I feel motivated to cook up my boca burgers now...maybe i'll make mock salisbury steak.
How are all of you guys doing?

andrea
Old 04-30-2001, 11:43 PM   #39  
Kool Kat

Andrea- Dont worry about the hair. You know what? If you like it, it was the smart decision. I used to have hair down to my waiste!! When I started cutting it, I actually got hit! (my cousin punched me when she saw the hair only went to my shoulders!) Now I've got ultra-short hair. (Seen my webpage?) Well, it's even shorter than that!! And I love it! I have peole (even guys) tell me to keep it that way. I was totally convinced that I needed to grow my hair out because that's the only way guys would find interest in me. But it shouldn't be my hair that they are in love with, you know?

Be confident in your decisions!! Girls wear their hair short now too!! Just like some guys wear theirs long!! It'll grow on him after awhile!!

I hope you are all doing well!!
Seren Dee
Old 05-01-2001, 12:32 PM   #40  
Trying harder than before

Default hello all

hi everyone, well i have been a member at 3fc for a while, but i just saw this forum would you all care if i joined in?? I am aalmost 20 year old sophomore at wright state university (dayton Oh) so far i have lost 25-30 pounds but i am looking to lose about 15 more. In Hs i never had a problem with my wieght, but when i got to college WOO i gained 40-45 pounds between july 99 and dec. 99. i would like to be 120 by june 1st and 115 by july 1st. Hopefully i will but weight has been platoeing for a while now. I am not on a certain plan, just watch calories and work out 3 times a week. well i hope to hear from you all soon.
Mel
Old 05-01-2001, 11:30 PM   #41  
cookies are for browsers

I tried to post yesterday but I ran out of time after my modem disconnected and I couln't redo it!

Hope you all are doing well. I'm struggling with WW but I figure that even staying somewhat close to program is better than being completely out of control all the time.

If your boyfriend thinks your hair looks too manly, maybe you should burn some calories and have a wrestling match!

Sorry about the breakup, sounds awful. Hope you are ok.

Grrr, so busy, must dash, just wanted to wish you all a skinny day.

Jennifa
Closed Thread