3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

College Gals #2

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 08:08 PM   #16
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Heya

Truth - good for you! That's great. Yep, the jump rope is a toughie!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm down another pound. When I stepped on the scale for the first time about a month ago, I was 216...when I started back at 3FC's last month I was 213, so I changed my stats a bit...I still feel miserably fat though. It's getting warmer here in the midwest, and I took out some of my old skirts and pants from last summer and they still don't fit very well. At least I didn't try them on a month ago! Wanna get below 200 by Easter, or by the time I leave for Philadelphia on April 18...we'll see if I can do it! I think so!
Old 04-09-2001, 10:08 PM   #17
Kool Kat

Girlie-

I'm feeling your pain! These temperatures in the midwest are great, but they bring horrible reprocutions00 shorts and tank tops!! I almost refuse to wear shorts, and I won't be seen in them unless absolutely necessary!!

It's so much better than the bitter cold we've been having, tho!

Ok, anyway!! Here's a tip for y'all. At www.dottiesweightloss.com, there is a thermometer there. I don't remember exactly what the link is, but it tells you how to calculate the numbers that you fill into the thermometer after you print it out. I think it's a great way to keep track of your progress. You can either use it for your mini goals or for your ultimate goals. I know I got to fill in one of the notches on the thermometer, and I got so excited about it!! I can't wait until it's completely filled up!!

Ok! I think I'm doing pretty well this week. After last weeks 2.8 loss, it's given me tremendous motivation. I just hope I keep it up!!

Ok, I think that's about it for now.

Have a great OP day!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-10-2001, 04:38 PM   #18
Strange Little Girl

Default It's been a while...but I'm back on track!

I missed you guys! I'm sorry....I just got off course for a week and a half. I was so stressed, and I was only making it worse! Today, I got up at noon, and went to work, so I haven't eaten anything yet. I'm about to go downstairs to our cafe and get a bottle of Tangerine juice (I love the stuff). I'm probably headed back to Subway for lunch. Tomorrow I'll go shopping for some frozen meals and snack, cuz I'm running low. I'm feeling great about this....I just have to make sure that next time I fall of the wagon, it's only for one meal, or one day...I noticed that after I've had that one "bad cheat" I don't even appreciate the rest of the crap I ate anyway. So if I decide I need to be bad, then I might on those rare occasions when my willpower really breaks down. But I won't continue the trend this time...I'm really learning that everyday is a NEW day and what I did the night before doesn't matter as long as I try again. I'm so sorry I haven't been around, everyone! You all seem to be doing so well!

I'll probably post again later, but I'm off work Wednesday, so....

Have a great day!
~Kim
P.S. Seren Dee--You really helped me...thank you so much!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:32 PM   #19
Bacon Girlie

Default Heya

Boy, did I have a really bad day today. I love french fries and well...yeah. I get tempted by fast food too! This hoagie shop by Bradley University has the most awesome hand cut fries...and I was tempted today! I feel so terrible!

At least I always have my daily workouts to help me feel better. I hate going to the gym to see all the skinnyminnies there...some day I'll be able to wear nice looking gym clothes rather than my oversized wind pants and big t-shirts! And I DON'T mean running around naked either. The decent thing is I seem to work harder than the skinny girls do, so I don't feel so bad.....

I bought dumbells so I think I'll use them tonite at home. I think it would be really cool to get an glider or some sort of elliptical machine at home. I'm sure it would be much cheaper than the gym though.

I need to get more carrot sticks to snack on! Plus, I haven't had much water today. Geez, what a day! I'll never get below 200!!!!

Kim - we all have our 'down days'...like I always say...at least you can admit it and move on!

Seren Dee- I saw your site the other day. You're cute!

Talk to you all later!

Girlie
Old 04-10-2001, 11:00 PM   #20
Kool Kat

Girlie-- Hey thanks!! Sometimes that's hard to believe cause I don't see myself that way, you know?

Kim- I want you to know that I'm here anytime you need me. I'm really glad I was able to help you out. That's what we're all about. Sometime, in the near or distant future, I may need the same from you or someone else. It is a circle!

Ok, so here is my today... I did well. Today, there was a pitch-in at work. I don't get there until 12:30, but it was still in progress when I went into the break room. I ate my little Healthy Choice frozen lunch. There was also cake and banana pudding. I was sooo tempted. I rationalized. Oh, BANANA pudding... Fruit!! Then someone ruined that for me by mentioning that they made it with a whole freakin pound of sugar!! So, I caved a *tiny* bit. I got a itty bitty piece of that cake. Like about a 1/2 inche wide by 2 inches long. Just enough to calm my awful cravings. I was awfully proud of myself!!

Then, for dinner, I ate a sandwhich with deli-sliced chicken. I made sure to put lots of tomato and lettuce on there to count as a veggie. Then I stemmed broccoli and cauliflower. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it again, though, because it made me sick. But I went to a step class anyway. Now I'm paying the price... horrible stomache aches. I don't know what its about, but I don't like it!! Oh well. I'll get over it.

Sorry, guys, I'm particularly long-winded tonight for some reason. So I'm done now, I think. Hope to hear from all of you soon!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-12-2001, 08:29 AM   #21
Kool Kat

Hey, everyone!! Where are y'all?!

Ok, I have a dilema... but not one that anyone can help me with... well, mostly. I was talking to my best friend, (Who is a guy, and who is away to college in freakin' Texas!) Anyway!! He wants me to go road tripping with him this summer. He's talking about either Florida, Niagra falls, or yellowstone. If we get the money, (Dilema #1), it will more than likely be Florida (Dilema #2). So, I need to lose as much weight as I can and raise enough money as I can and work my butt off for these things by whenever it is that we decide we can go this summer. I'ver miraculously gotten down to 218. Two weeks ago, I was at 223. I'm not sure why, and I'm not complaining. I just hope it continues!! I guess they were right... I was on a plateau, and I just had to get over it. I hope I don't have another one of those for like 40 lbs. The only thing about this deal is that I don't wanna be in a bathing suit on the beach in Florida!! And Especially in front of my best friend. He says of this, "Hon, you gotta have fun! Don't worry about it!" Easier said than done... especially when he's one of those people who never gain weight and he's nice and thin and muscular. To him, I say :P

Anyway! Yesterday, I had 2 pieces of cinamon and sugar toast. It only cost me 2 points because I used spray butter (which is 0 points), 1 tbsp of sugar is 1 point and I didn't even use half a tbsp, and cinamon is harmless, I Think. Then, for lunch, I left all of my money, debit cards, and my lunch at home on accident. Luckily, I had a little can of pears and two fig newtons in there. Yep, lunch!! I managed to get 55 cents for a coke later. Then, I came home and we went to Wendy's. But I was good. I got chili (Which is either 4 or 6 points, depending on the size) with cheese (Extra 2 points). I may have gone a little over my points yesterday, but for some reason, I'm still a lb down this morning. My weigh-in is today, so wish me luck, and I'll come back tonight and let y'all know how it's going!

Thanks!! I hope to see y'all soon!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-12-2001, 06:33 PM   #22
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey

Seren Dee,

That's great for your loss! That's really good of you. I'm thinking about starting my points again, but I can't afford the meetings every week. But I still have the old program - I just need the points finder because I lost mine!

Anyway, as far as losing, you can only do as much as you can do by the time you leave for your trip. Do you exercise? That should help. Just walk on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes every other day for a start. That's decent exercise (or outside for 30 - 60). Anything I help. I mean, with the WW as far as I know, you only need 20 minutes of exercise a day.

If plus, there are all kinds of neat swimsuits that you can find in your size. www.landsend.com has some really neat ones that help your figure. And your friend is right - you know how far you've come...who cares about the other ladies you see on the beach that have probably been skinny all their lives. You know where you used to be, and where you will be, so have fun. Be confident. I know it's much easier said than done - I haven't been to a public pool in years!

If you're really that insecure and unsure, ask your friend not to go to Florida. If he's your friend, he will understand your dilemmas.

Hope that helps!

Girlie
Old 04-16-2001, 08:31 PM   #23
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey!

Where are all of you? Easter wasn't THAT bad, now was it????

Check in, why don't ya!

Girlie
Old 04-17-2001, 06:36 PM   #24
Strange Little Girl

Hey guys! I know it's been a while...but I wasn't doing so hot for a few weeks. Now, I'm trying to get back on track. I've had a Smart Ones Slow Roasted Turkey Breast with garlic-herb mashed potatoes, a coke, and maybe ten jelly beans today. Not that wonderful...but could be much worse. I can't even tell you guys all the crap I have eaten I'm so ashamed. My scale broke, so I can't tell you where I'm at right now. I'm going to try and talk my mother into buying a new one. Anyway, that Smart One was one of the best WW meals I've ever eaten!!! Give it a try....

Hope you all are doing well, even though it seems like the thread is slowing down. Spring break is over, and I have absolutely ruined this semester. I have to drop two of my three classes...unless I want a hideous grade in both. But between moving out and everything else that's going to be going on in the next month or so, I couldn't handle it all. I'm taking one or two summer courses....and I hope to get back on track. I can't yell at myself for what I've done....just have to do better in the future. If I focus on blaming myself, it just makes it worse, and I don't get anything done at all.

I'll be posting more often again! I really missed you guys....

Talk to you soon!
Kimberly
Old 04-17-2001, 08:51 PM   #25
Kool Kat

Hey, everyone! I'm still around. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm not doing all that well, myself, but I hope the rest of you are...

I have issues of my own right now... everything from the last stretch of the semester to trying to plan a trip to get away for awhile... which looks like it will not happen now. I've been feeling myself getting depressed again. No matter how much I fight it, it's not going away.

So, that's where I stand right now.
I hope to hear from you guys!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-17-2001, 10:05 PM   #26
Bacon Girlie

Default Look at this!!!

Before you get down on yourselves....check out this PRO Anorexia site! It's so crazy!

There's a disclaimer when you open it, because it's controversial stuff...

http://communities.msn.ca/StickFigu...&naventryid=100
Old 04-17-2001, 10:41 PM   #27

Hi all!

Do you guys mind if I join you here? I go to UC Santa Cruz, and I think I'm a senior....I really don't know anymore.....

I've gained a bit of weight while here in college....all the desserts in the dining hall did me in. And what is really annoying is that they aren't that good tasting either...

Gotta go study...midterm tomorrow.

Andrea
Old 04-19-2001, 08:56 AM   #28
Kool Kat

Andrea- Welcome!!

Girlie- that site sounded interesting, but it didn't work

I've been mean to myself recently, guys... I've nearly stopped eating until I get home at 6 pm. Yesterday I had toast for breakfast and a can of pineapplese for lunch. Yeah, yeah... I know, this is bad. But I'm so frustrated that I'm seriously ready to stop eating... and not just say it but do it

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-19-2001, 04:44 PM   #29
Strange Little Girl

That site grossed me out.....but it was interesting to see the other side of the spectrum. It made me feel better about myself. I hope to never get that desperate in my entire life...

Seren, PUHLEEZE don't stop eating....it's the worst thing you can do. You'll drive yourself nuts and end up binging, and it slows your metabolism down and forces your body to store fat anyway! It wouldn't help, and you'd become more frustrated. Don't worry about what the scale says...worry about how you feel. Honestly, drinking water and eating less....my body thanked me so much for it, and now I can tell. I just have to throw exercise in there a little more, and then I'll really be able to listen to what I need. I've been not-so-good for the past two weeks or so, and believe me, I can tell. Now, I have to get back into the swing, drink water, and eat right, and pretty soon, my body will start talking again. Or maybe it always does, and you just have to listen real closely....I never paid attention before...I was always tired and out of breath (and I'm really not even that heavy...30 lbs overweight or so), I never had energy for anything. I'm sort of back on that track for the past two weeks, but I've been steadily climbing back on the wagon. Hang in there, Seren....I know you can do it. Please don't concentrate on the weight loss....pay more attention to your newfound healthy lifestyle. Make yourself feel special for that!

~Kim

So far today:

Water! Water! Water!

Breakfast:
Slim Fast meal on-the-go bar

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Mac and Cheese
8 fat free saltine crackers

Don't know what dinner'll be yet.....
Have an OP day!!!
Old 04-20-2001, 04:46 PM   #30
Bacon Girlie

Default Greetings from Philadelphia

Andrea,
Welcome! Yes, college is when I gained weight...20-30lbs!!! Then I gained 20 more when I started my full time job 3 yrs ago, sitting at a computer all day! I hope you gain inspiration and help us keep our threads going!

Seren,
Yeah, I agree with Kim. Once you get over not eating for a while, you're gonna have a huge binge...that's how I get. Sometimes I think, well, I'm not hungry, so why should I eat...then after a while, whether it's that day or the next day or the next, I get a major craving and pig out! Just think of all that you CAN eat! There are so many foods that I would say eat all you want of...veggies like carrots, salads, and when it comes to fresh fruit, I tell myself to eat all that I want because I hardly ever eat it...I mean, you can still gain calories from them, but they are good for you and better than munching on other 'bad' foods all day. If I have a craving for starches or carbs, I reach for a serving of fat free pretzels, or eat a whole package of light microwave popcorn. You can do it, Seren! You've already had great success so far!

Kim,
I'm really glad to hear that things are going well for you! Have you moved yet? I hope you can get that exercise going too! The first few times you exercise, you'll feel sluggish, but after a week (3-4 sessions of whatever activity) you'll really feel a difference. You won't be sluggish throughout the day, or yawn all the time like I used to!

Talk to you all soon!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.