Old 03-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #31  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ladies,

I have been MIA for the last couple days.... but it doesn't look like anyone noticed ... lol I tell you, everytime I get off plan I stop posting. And that is when I need to be here the most!

Spyng,
Hope you find something at the herbal store. Sorry to hear about Tanners ear

Candy ~
I am so sorry you are not feeling any better yet They need to put you on something better than amoxcil!

need2losemore~
Congrats on the new clothes!!! It is always fun shopping for yourself! Maybe some of your good habits are rubbing off on hubby!

Andrea ~
Happy Belated Birthday!

Cubba ~ CONGRATS CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!! I am the same way about wanting my weigh loss to be more! You know you bust your butt all week for a pound! But you gotta think positive.....It is better than staying off plan and gaining a pound

Melinda ~ How are you doing today? The thing about doing two mini workouts sounds right. It makes sense!

Ginny ~ How are the kids today on the bus? Congrats on getting the valance done!

Have a great day,
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #32  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies,

Penny, I did notice you were gone I read the TOPS posts also and when I saw your name last night I thought, gee we haven't heard from Penny lately!! It was late and I was tired so I was going to bug you this morning. Hope you're back OP and everything is going well .

Ginny, congrats on the walk this morning! Not only is it hard to get moving early in the morning, but when you have a cold it's even tougher. You're really motivated!! Hope the chicken soup helps.

Ricci, glad you enjoyed shopping. Dh wants to eat healthy! Yipee!! Mine doesn't complain about what I cook and although he won't exercise I can tell by how much he's eating that he wants to lose a few pounds too. I'm hoping to get him bike riding with me and the boys this summer. He grew up working in a bike shop so he loves bikes. We shall see. He'll be building our deck! He took today off to get some errands done.

Spryng, it's a wonder you aren't stressed out more often!! You're raising those kids by yourself since poor Dh is on the road all the time. We're here to listen...good or bad... for better or for worse ...and we won't try to avoid you during PMS time like a Dh might Who better to understand PMS than a group of women?? I'm glad you're feeling better today and I hope you find the right mix of stuff for yourself. I have terrible PMS every couple of months or so...emotionally wise. I don't have much for cramps (thank God!) but I get really wacked out.

Candy, how's the amox working?? Hopefully you are feeling better today and are on the road to recovery!!

Andrea, enjoy 26...before you know it you're 40 ...but they are the fabulous 40's!! Did you get back OP?

I have to go get Tony a bottle!! Got my 3 mi walk in this morning. Now laundry to do.

I'm going to try to chat at 2 if anyone's interested. Melinda, how's your day going? Hi to anyone I may have missed.

TTYL!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #33  

Geri - It is great that you weigh in at the beg of the week. I probably should do that so it makes me more accountable on the weekends. I always think I can lose it my the end of the week and then we are doing the same cycle over and over.

Penny - I am with you on being off the boat. The weekends are tough and this week is full of family b-days so we will be having lots of parties.

Ginny - Glad you had a day off. How early do you start your bus run in the morning?

Ricci - Shopping always makes me feel good. That is great news about Dh. I wish I could get my Dh on program. The problem is that his whole family is his size and they do not have health problems, so no motivation.

Spryng - Hoping for a better day. Think of it this way at least there is less of you to be depressed and moody about.

I am going to start weighing daily so I can see how much effect each meal is making on my diet. I will report Friday loss or gain. Worried about this week with all the meals away from that I am not preparing. Another workout in, that is doing good, but I still continue to eat it will not make much difference.

Glad I am not PMS. I thought it got better once you had kids. I had horrible endometris before JW, didn't think I could have a baby. The dr said that the cramps would get better after preg. We will see once breastfeeding is over. JW has two bottom teeth and I have read that they do not use them to nurse. I can really feed them, so I don't know how much longer I will last. It is so nurturing I hate to let it go.

Happy Tuesday!

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #34  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Melinda,
I am still nursing Andrew and he is 9 months old. He has 3 teeth and working on the fourth so I know how you feel. I am hoping to wean him by one year but he might have other plans!

Congrats on getting in another workout. Just do the best you can at the gatherings and know that you made an effort. Some choices are better than others. Eat before you go so you won't have as much or bring some food with you (sometimes that hurts peoples feelings though, just depends).

And about the weighing every day. Sometimes I can eat on plan for days and mess up one day but the weight will not show up the next morning. Sometimes it takes a while, for me, that is. But I do weigh every day and have for a long time. Recording once a week I think is the best

Chubba ~ You are doing awesome with your workouts! You are an inspiraton! I am working on getting some WATP's tapes off ebay. But they are just so expensive. Is the walk the walk just as good? Both made by Leslie

Have a great day everyone! I would like to chat but I pick Hunter up at two so I will post later

Candy, Spryng, Ginny, Andrea, needtolosemore Hope you are having a great day
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Boy what a beautiful day it is today! Not quite as warm as yesterday but still nice
Melinda, you cracked me up. Yes there is less of me to be depressed about ! I think with all the pms hormones it made me ponder different things about my life until they got me down. I shouldn't let that happen and I rarely think about my past but I let it get to me yesterday. But I am much better, thank you all so much for caring. Do you get periods even though you are nursing? I hope your endo. get better too. I never dealt with cramps and such much but I know some women get them so bad they can't get out of bed. Alot of women get Mirena because of that. It helps clear it up. Are you planning on having more children any time soon?
Geri, thank you so much for your kind words. And you spoke of the fabulous 40's, do you really love yourself more the older you get? I know Oprah said that she would never want to be in her 20's again but really feels herself now that she is 50. Is that true?? I don't feel 24 most of the time, i feel so much older. Which makes me wonder what I will feel like when I am actually older. You are very young at heart though, I can tell. of course when you are raising young children it keeps you young
Penny, I'm glad you are back today. You can post with us even when you are off plan. It may help keep you accountable.
Ginny, chicken soup sounds great! Do you have a specific recipe? I would have no clue how to calculate pts, but soup sounds wonderful. I would like to try some sometime. I hope that cold goes away fast. Do you take that Zicam?? It really nips a cold in the bud, fast. For me anyway. I will start taking it as soon as my throat begins to get sore or my chest feels congested and within a day it gets better, and I'll take it one or two days longer just to make sure. But I haven't been sick since before I got pregnant with Tanner. Now that I said that I'll be sick tomorrow, lol.
Ricci, that perfect fit t-shirt sounds great. What is the difference in it than the relaxed one? Does it stretch more so it hugs your curves or is it baggy? I may need to check out old navy again soon. That is so great that your dh wants to eat better. He must really see the changes in you and want to hop on board with the healthy lifestyle. That is what I am hoping happens to my dh. In all the years we've been married he tried atkins with me once, for 5 days, and even though he lost 10 lbs in those 5 days it wasn't enough to keep him on it. I'm hoping that I will lead by example this time and he'll want to do WW because he sees how easy it is to do and how much better I look and feel about myself. We'll see. I'm staying optomistic.
Well I did go to that nutrition/herbal store. They carry a little bit of everything I guess. The only thing they had for pms was homeopathic tablets. Now I have to admit I don't really believe in homeopothy but I'm desperate!! lol. So I bought them anyway just to try. I also bought a big bottle of stress relief pills. It has lots of vit b and e in it and lots of other things to help with the mood and add extra energy. I took them as soon as I got home and I feel really good right now. So maybe they work, don't know. But I also rented Mona Lisa Smiles and have been watching it since I got home and it's a great movie so far. I'm still not done with it. hard to watch continuously with little ones needing things and attention. Tanner started running a fever last night and it hit 102.2 degrees this morning. Worried me so I called the ER to see what they though because his pediatrician said to call if it got over 101 degrees. Well they just told me to give him motrin and tylenol and wait it out. So I am waiting. Why would they say not to worry unless it hits 101 degrees and then when it goes much higher they still tell you not to worry? When is the proper time to worry?? So confusing. But it has gone down some now with motrin and he is napping so I think he will be fine. I hate getting shots for that reason, so many side effects can happen and I don't know what to do about it.
Well, I think I will grab a nap. I didn't sleep too great last night. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:38 PM   #36  

Hey!

Spryng, glad to hear you are feeling better. I have been having some crazy feelings too. I think it's hormones from the miscarriage. My Dr. also put me on BC which I do not like taking. I don't like putting medicines in my body that aren't necessary. But, I don't want another baby now and I guess I will be on it for a year or so. I think that also may be adding to my mood swings. So, dear, I understand. Don't worry so much about Tanner having fever. Kids can run a much higher fever than adults. Just use the medicine and don't worry unless it get up to 104. Thats what my ped. says anyway!

Candy, I hope you get to feeling better. Is someone helping you with the kids? I hope so. There is nothing worse than being sick and still have to be up taking care of the kids too. Wish I was closer and I would watch them for you!

Melinda, I breastfed Andrew until 15 mo and Alex until 23 mo. I just had a hard time with Alex telling him no. I wouldn't worry about quitting unless he is biting you all of the time!

HI everyone else! I had a great birthday with Dh today and I love my patio set! I'm sorry I didn't get personal with everyone but Dh is getting irritated with the kids! Gotta go!
A&A's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #37  
2BoysMom

Good evening,

I should probably start a new thread...but I wont .

Spryng, Tanner's fever could be due to the ear infection that you didn't know he had too couldn't it? Hope he's better soon.
The 40's...lets see. The postive things about being 40...I'm more financially set, I have Dh and the boys, I have life experience, I know what I want....the only negative for me is I only have another 40 or 50 years left in me!!

When I was 24 I wasn't even thinking about having kids. I was having a blast but mostly we would go out to the bars, drink way too much, hope to meet the man of our dreams (never happened for any of us till much later in life), and being hung over in the morning. I wouldn't change it for a minute but I also wouldn't want to go back there. I'm comfortable here and 40 isn't nearly as old as it used to be

Penny I have the Power Walking System which has the Power firm and power walk 3 miles. I got the dvd for $12.99 at Best Buy. I didn't see it on that Collage video website at all. My gf has the 3 video WATP set. I haven't seen them yet to see what the difference is. One of these days I will get the 3 miler from her to see how I like it.

Melinda, I always thought Monday was a horrible day to WI just because of the weekends, but it is better because it does make you accoutable for the weekends. Lucky for me we don't go out to eat much. I have a birthday party on Saturday so I'll eat lightly during the day...mostly fruits and veggies and hope for good choices at the party. As long as I don't go overboard, I don't feel guilty about eating. I'm even going to have a piece of cake again

I went back to Kohl's today I'm spending money like I'm still working...but it was the last day for the extra 30% off. I got a pair of Avia walking shoes for $21, 2 champion tank tops for sweating in and a new pair of jammies for relaxing. I'm done shopping ...that's what I told Dh!!

For our TOPS meeting we're going to have a purse auction to raise money for our chapter. We're to bring a purse we don't want anymore (or a new one, I found a cheap one today) and put some type of surprise in the inside. Then we bid on any purse we want to buy and you get what's inside. Any ideas what I should put inside? There's no $$ limit but of course I don't want to spend much. I have a couple of votive holders with some candles that I may do unless someone has a better idea. 99% of our group is women.

Gotta go, the kids are driving me nuts.

TTYL!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:11 PM   #38  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey all! My MIL came and got the kids today and my mom is keeping Sean and MIL is keeping Kylie (thanks for the offer Andrea!!!). I was just in too much pain today and hate laying on the couch all day yelling at my kids. Plus, I have a staff meeting in the morning which I really need to go to since I missed last month. We'll see how I am doing tomorrow! Spryng, I know you saw the show that said homeopathy was a hoax but then how do they explain how it worked on a 3 year old? I have always done homeopathy on my kids and it has worked great for Sean. He is my sicky and if we do nothing, he is always sick longer but when I do the homeopathic stuff, he is better first. It doesn't work on me at all and my store owner said he heard it either works for you or doesn't. But I don't see how anything mental could be going on to make a 3 year old get better. Anyways, I hope your new pills work for you. Andrea, glad you had such a nice day. What kind of patio furniture did you end up with? Where did you get it from? Isn't something how we have to go save the day when DH"s get irritated with the kids? I do it all the time! I think, I've been here with them all day, patient and loving and just want a few minutes and he's been home 1 hour and getting irritated!!! But we love them anyways! Geri, sounds like you got a great deal on the shoes and workout clothes. As for the purse, what about a wallet? You can find some cheap but nice ones at walmart. Or a pretty makeup bag with some cheapy lipstick and nail polish. Just an idea. Candles sound good too though. Melinda, my kids nursed until they were 16 months. At that point, the teeth were more than I could handle and they were really done. I did get bit a couple times but I would just say in a firm voice, "No, we don't bite Mommy." My hardheaded children would have to give it another go and I would give them a little pop on their leg and they never did it again or at least not for a good while. If you both are really enjoying it, I wouldn't be quick to give it up. Once you stop, it's gone. I really miss it and am so looking forward to another little one. I really have got to stop watching Baby Story!!! Penny, how are things going in your neck of the woods? I haven't been doing too well on plan either. I thought I started my period yesterday. It was the strangest thing. I hope not to gross anyone out, but I wiped and it appeared that I had started my period (I had only done # 1 and don't have problems the other way anyways). So, I put on a pad and thought, wow, I started earlier than expected. But nothing...not the rest of the day and not today. What is up with that?!? It was bright red too. Super weird. I have never had anything like that happen before. So, I will wait to see what happens. I am feeling a little better this evening so maybe the antibiotics are working. I was just so irritated that they gave me a 10 day/3xday pill when there is much better stuff available. There are 5 day/1xday I have taken before. It is so important that you take the whole dose so why don't they make it a little easier instead of dragging it out for 1/2 month? Ok, maybe it is not quite 1/2 a month but close enough!!! I am not a doctor person as I have had too many bad experiences playing their guinea pig and I would rather not. BTW, thanks Ginny for the info. Glad to know you have some knowledge on that subject. If I didn't have a known drug resistance problem, I wouldn't have been so upset about the amox. But maybe it is working. We'll see.

Well, I might try to get a little work in. DH and I are alone tonight but unfortunately, I just don't feel up to giving him any lovin'. Poor guy, he is feeling neglected and I know it but it can't be helped. Hope everyone is having a good night. TTYL!
candybar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:33 PM   #39  
soontobethin

Time for a new thread, see you there
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote