Old 03-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #31  
kitty Momo

Hi You All Jaded Ladies ....

I really need to get to work.

Just wanted to pop in and say hey.............so, Hey.

So, what kind of sandwish didja have Angie?? You know what is really good??I have my tuna salad with cottage cheese, and beets.It is really yummy. Today I looked down and my new Reebok had a beet stain on it. Totally disgusted.
I adore Monte ((no, I don't even know him....lol)) but I would be giving him the evil eye for bringing home pastry!!!

Congrats Marti on your divorce!!! Yahoooooo, you are a free woman, at least for a few days.

Hi Cristi.I planted flowers over the weekend.You are in Witchita (sp) though?? It was nice here today.Maybe you can get out and weed? Are you planning on a garden? I love to be outside working in the yard, very relaxing.

I talked to Mister Washington!!!! Yahooooo.He had called twice and by the second call he sounded kind of flustered....lol.
We talked for an hour tonight. He had to run because he is in his churches choir and they are getting ready for Easter.........yes, he sings!! So, cool.
Very pleasant sounding man.He has a slight Spanish accent, which I found kind of sexy.....lol. He speaks English,Spanish, French & is learning Italian....he has traveled all over the world.
I told him I hadn't even been in a plane.
He couldn't believe that......said we would have to do something about that...lol.
He said twice that I sounded like a very peaceful lady.
I said yes.........I read & watch Dr.Phil.....lol.No, I didn't say that.

I did read Self Matters though today and realized I am worth flowers being sent to , gosh darn it!!!!
My mom said........oh, no.Don't let him do that.

But Cristi says it is ok and I say it is ok and Mister Washington wants to....so let him. lol

Also, I feel a lot better about the flower thing after talking with him.He actually was laughing and he is funny, so that is great!!

Did the walk, drank the water,ate well. That is all I can do. I am just 1 woman...lol. I need to do some more exercises tho, need to kick it up a notch if I am going to roll over that 150 next month.

Ok..........enough playing with the smilies really are cute.

Best Get
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:03 AM   #32  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Man, I'm on a food rampage today. I swear if it won;t eat me first I'll eat it. Why am I so hungry? I've been SO good for the last three weeks and now all of a sudden I could eat the chrome off of a bumper.
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:17 AM   #33  
a work in progress

Default hullo

Jana, good to see you made it home safe. I know your SIL must have been very glad to see you.

Congrats, Marti, on your freedom! Actually, I know it just feels good to get those loose ends tied up and finally get closure. And how exciting that you and James are getting married so soon!

I will get St. Patrick's cards mailed by this weekend. I can't believe it, but I was just informed that I have to work an hour of overtime, one hour BEFORE my shift, tomorrow. I am not a morning person at all...Tim told me to get up early and stop at Starbuck's for a double on the way to work I worked 4 hours on Sunday for that home show, mandatory overtime Monday, and now mandatory overtime tomorrow -- on top of working 9 hour days Monday through Thursday anyway! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr The only thing keeping me going this week is knowing that I have all next week off for vacation, even though I won't be going anywhere and will be spending it probably cleaning house.

Sorry I'm whining....I'm just so darn beat. I will talk to you soon...

Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:11 AM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Hello!

Boy am I tired!! I could use some coffee!! (ok, that was just an excuse to use that smilie!)

To answer some questions:
I asked Shanna to stand by me as my witness or maid of honor....(which do I call it when we're at the court?)She's been such a wonderful friend this past year!! I also plan on dragging her with me to buy a cute outfit or dress before the day.
I told James my plan for that and he jokingly said "Oh...now the money is starting to get spent!" my reply? "oh bebe, (my name I call him) I've started spending money months ago when I started this scrapbooking!"

James asked one of his friends to stand by him and the funny thing about that is he told his friend to make sure he gets a tux. And the guy was like "ok" and James proceeded to say "yeah, you get one, I'm not going to, but you need to!" (ok.....that was more funny when I heard it, but not so funny being written down!)

We plan on calling a few friends and family. My grandma wants me to let my sister throw us a reception afterwards at her place,,,,but I'm not sure if she wants to do that!! We'll see. We only have two weeks to get this planned out. So I will be sending "Annoucements" that we had gotten married after our day....My question to you all....is that appropriate? I don't want to send invitations because it's going to be VERY small and I don't expect anyone to give us gifts. But I would like friends and family who can't come to know about it. So I need your opinions ladies!! What is the proper way to go about all this?? Should they be sent BEFORE? or AFTER?. I can't even imagine if I was having a formal wedding!! I'd be a nervous wreck!!!

Ok... I have tests tomorrow and I need some shut eye.

Take Care Ladies
Marti

P.S. I'm so busy with everything that I haven't had time to go out and get St. Patty's cards...but I would like to send one through e-mail....can I get some of your e-mail addresses?? Rita, Kat? I think I have most of the rest of you! Sorry for being behind on that!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:22 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Susan - Neal sings, too, and used to belong to the church choir. But he had to drop out years ago when he had to teach night classes and couldn't get to choir practice. I told Neal you had never gotten flowers from a florist and he said - "no wonder she got a divorce", LOL. Mr. W sounds really sweet!

Kat - Is Aunt FLo on her way to your house? Sounds like it.....

Katie - sorry about all the overtime! Being such a hard worker pays off, though, when you get that paycheck you'll be smilin'! ...$$ Glad you are on vacation next week. Sounds like you could use a break.

Marti - Shanna will make a very beautiful maid of honor! Yes, the wedding announcements are a good idea, and very appropriate. They are normally sent out after the wedding. I know you are getting so excited about this new chapter in your life. How does Jhanai feel about it?

Kayecee - I forgot to mention that I was real close to you, I think, when we drove through Arkansas. We were at the I55 turnoff at your town. (don't want to say exactly where on line!) So I waved and said Hiya Kayecee!! Didya hear me???

I am showing a loss now, : but won't post it until my official weigh-in on Saturday, but that makes me feel MUCH better! I stayed OP during the whole trip and everything, which was not easy, but I am determined to do it this time....

BBL,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #36  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Jana, Hi.
Neal sounds like a sweatheart!! What does he teach? How long have you been married.....also curious how you met??
Happy to hear you are seeing a weight loss, I know that must be encouraging
I was going to add that while Mister Washington (btw, that isn't his real name...duh...lol) attends a small church they have a basketball team that plays againts other churches, Mister W participates in that also. Mister Arkansas man didn't attend church, though I did meet him at a Christian web site.He said he was waiting for me to visit AR and we would find a church together *roll eyes*. He made time for paintball though...lol
And, no. Never had flowers from a florist....isn't that the saddest?? *sniff....

Kat, Hi.
How much water do you drink?? Only asking because it is a natural appetite suppressant, should help quench the munchies I would think??

Hi Katie,vacation is in sight In the meantime Starbucks is a grand place in the mornings!! I went there this morning and picked up some,I like it with a dash of cinnamon.Hope you feel better.

Marti, Hey ........
You will be a lovely bride!! Look forward to seeing a picture on your weeding day. You will have fun scrapbooking the wedding photo's in the weeks to come!! Happy Shanna will be with you , that is sweet. Take Care, you have some busy days ahead.

Good Morning to everyone else. Hope to see you posting soon, would love to hear how you are doing!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-10-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:46 PM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Hump Day

Good afternoon ladies~

Where to start, where to start

Susan~ for the St. Patrick's Day card, received it in this mornings mail, it's cute! And so is your baby girl!! She is a cutie pie!! for the picture. I miss the kids being that small. I hope things go well for you and Mister Washignton-he sounds like a keeper.Not planning a garden but do want to have a spot for some cherry tomatoes. I love them and they are so expensive in the store. I would love to weed but there is nothing to weed-we have a dirt yard. I am thinking about doing all the lanscaping (shrubs & trees) before the grass. We are going to put sod in the front and seed in the back. But I have about a foot wide, maybe a foot & 1/2 spot along the walk from the garage to the front door I am going to plant some flowers-not really wide enough to plant anything else there-I don't think. I don't want something that is going to get big and hang over on the walk-way to be trampled on. Decisions, decisions.

Jana~ I appreciate the welcome and look forward to being co-moderator-I feel special. I do know what you mean about maintaining when you know you have done so well. And thanks for the explanation of the 7000 calories-I know did not consume that many extra calories last week. There is no way and I was surprised when the scales showed that 2 pounds, surprised and so disappointed.

Marti~Shanna is your witness at the court but also your maid of honor. We almost went to the courthouse but instead decided on a very small intimate wedding at home. Carrie (DD) was my maid of honor, Jason (DS#1) walked me down the aisle (hallway) & Josh (DS#2) was going to be the best man but at the last minute changed his mind. He was a little nervous so he stayed in the background and took pictures. And yes, announcements after the wedding are appropriate. I've not heard of anyone sending them before, although we ordered and received ours well before the wedding. We sent announcements out the day after we married. I am curious now about your wedding-are you going to carry a bouquet? What kind of flowers? Etc. etc. etc. we need more details. I am excited for you.

Kat~the chrome off a bumper???!!! Is it TOM or the week before? I always get that way right before. I just want food-gimme food okay, that's probably not helping. I just love using the smilies.

Angie~I think we got your wind today! Geez, it is horrible. Supposed to get up to 65 but I think the wind is also blowing 65 mph. Makes it really hard to walk.

Katie~don't be sorry-I don't think you sound like you are whining, just venting. It can be very stressful working a lot of overtime. Look on the bright side, you will be reaping the rewards $$ and you have a weeks vacation to recoup. Take it easy and try to enjoy.

Hi Shanna, Rita & Kayecee

I will be getting cards mailed tomorrow ladies. Meant to ask if everyone got Rita's address. I asked for it a while back so if anyone wants it still pm or email me and I will send it. Not much going on with me today. I did a short walk on the , it felt good. Went to Wal-mart to buy groceries-I hate going to the grocery store when it is this windy because people don't put the carts in the stall and they end up rolling down the parking lot. Had a car dented pretty good from this once. I have been looking for a stinking remote for two days and can't find it. We have to send the receivers & remotes back to Dish Network or be charged an arm and a leg. We had that in the country but switched over to cable now. We have 15 days from the time they send the boxes to us to get it back or be charged up to $300 for the receivers and up to $100 for the remotes-isn't that ridiculous?? Considering we have paid for them about 3 times over the last (almost) three years. Okay, now I feel like I am whining. It just cracks me up though how companies try to screw you over now days. Need to get going ladies. Hope everyone is having a GREAT hump day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:57 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristi,

I could use Rita's address, that would be great.

You are welcome for the card.Gaby is a sweetie, she was tired the day that picture was taken though.

Heading out for my walk, taking all morning to warm up here in Oregon!!

Mervyns has a 1 day sale today!! 15 off of Dockers slip ons, down from 35....going to buy me a pair.Also, I need some Capris. I know I talk a lot about this but I haven't really been shopping the last year or so.....nice to have the tax $$$$$.........the way I am spending it won't be for long...lol

Getting Busy..........oh, CONGRATS on co moderator!!!! You ARE special
Old 03-10-2004, 07:07 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Susan - Neal and I have been married for almost 18 years, and were introduced by my sister. He played on her DH's baseball team, and when I said to her one day that I was tired of all the jerks and that I wanted a real man - someone who'd love my kids as well as me and not play games, she said she had a guy for me. We went together 2 different times. When we got married, my son, who was 15 at the time, gave me away and Mary, who was 5 at the time, was my flower girl. I'll bring photos to the slumber party. You ARE going to be there, right?? I'll pick you up at the airport!

Cristi - I also need Rita's addy. TIA. I don't think she's been back here since I asked and I am ready to send my cards out! Dish network is driving me crazy! They have put some channels on hold while they negotiate with the channel owners, and in the meantime, we are paying for stuff we don't get! Mary called them and made them subtract some $$ from her bill since the twins can't get Nickolodeon, lol! Go Mary!!

Hi to the others.

I got the cleaning done today but still have some laundry to do... that is a never-ending job! Other than that, it's just the same ol', same ol'. See you tomorrow.
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

Hi Jana,

Congratulations on 18 years!!! When you say 2 different times what does that mean?? You went on 2 dates ?? You dated 2 different periods of time??lol

Sorry, just curious. How long did you date before you knew he was the one??
What was the most appealing thing that you saw in him?

I will have to read some more of Dr.Phil before I am convinced I could spend that much $$$$$$ on airfare to attend the slumber party. I would LOVE to, sounds like fun.

I need to start work, thought I would just pop in again.

Found the CUTEST, most COMFY shoes. They are called Natural Soul ,black sandels.I think they were orig. $34 and I bought them for $21. The sale is on until Saturday might go back and pick me up another style to go with skirts.

Alex (aka, Mister Washington) invited me out for dinner on the 20th. I can't though because of basketball for the girls, the last game and all...plus parties afterward. I am SOOOOO glad the season is in sight. I am thinking April 3rd would be a better time to meet.
1........I would have lost 3 more pounds!! 2.........I would like to meet him half way for lunch, instead of dinner.
More simple and relaxed that way.Besides we were both looking for friendship and dinner seems heavy duty to me........
What do I know though..........I don't date, I just marry.
Though with Gabys dad......I just got pregnant.....lol

I guess that is an update on lil ole me. I drank 100 oz of water and only walked 2 miles. I was pressed for time.....just HAD to shop. I also walked without Gaby and was so much easier, though I did miss her.

Ok, I am going to work.........

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-10-2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:04 PM   #41  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Unfortunately I can't blame the hunger bug on Auntie Flo...I've been bleeding for the last five weeks! I'm ready to pack Flo into a duffel bag and ship her off to Antarctica! It does seem to be better today though.

I took the plunge and got a hair cut today. It went from mid back to a layered shoulder skimming cut. I'm still not sure if I like it, but I'll attack it with some large hot rollers and see if some body makes it hang any better. It feels great to have all the old split ends gone though--my hair feels VERY soft and silky, albiet much shorter than I am used to. Its also hard to put up. I'm used to twisting it into a knot and skewering it with a pen/pencil to hold it in place and its not long enough to do that now. I'll have to stick a few hairties on the shifter in the car so I always have some wherever I am. It was pretty toasty in the gym today with my hair down.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:24 PM   #42  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Red face

Hi ladies~

Jana & Susan~sent Rita's address to you and you are welcome. Don't remember who else wanted it-just let me know.

WOW, 18 years Jana. I think that is GREAT! My first marriage lasted 12 years and going on 5 now with #2. Sometimes I think about DH#1 and think wow, we would have been married 25 years this August. Good for Mary!!

Susan~aren't you just the shopping mama?! You are getting some FANTASTIC deals! Hey, you say only 2 miles but think about all the walking you did while shopping. Well, Alex sounds like a very nice guy, and I have to agree with you about meeting over lunch rather than dinner. I do hope you get to go to the slumber party, I know we are going to have a blast.

Kat~EGADS!! Five weeks!! You poor thing. Have you seen a doctor about it? That would worry me, but then my mother did the same and had to have a hysterectomy-she had fibroid tumors. I know what you mean about the hair cut. I just cut mine and while I have always had shoulder length hair it was long and I miss that I can't twist it up also. I think I preferred doing that. Anyway, I hope it gets better for ya and you start to like it.

Well, ladies just wanted to check in real quick. Of course real quick turns into real long sometimes. I am so pooped-I think the walk and (stationary) bike ride did me in. Have a good evening ladies.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:22 PM   #43  
The Rockinghorse Gal

I would LOVE a hysterectomy. About 6 months ago I had a 15 week long period. I thought it would never stop. *sigh*
Old 03-10-2004, 11:27 PM   #44  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristi,

Yes, a for the addie

I recommed these Natural Soul shoes to everyone, so cushy.Now I have to invest in nail polish and keep these toes painted.

You think a lunch meeting is better??? Thanks, I feel better about that also.

Another thing is we avoid driving at night, there is 170 miles between us.
I just wrote back and mentioned a half way city.......it is pretty there and on the water. Actually it is the state capitol....I would feel comfortable with that.......

We can do a dinner in the summer when it is daylight longer......geez, I sound like a friggin mother...lol.

Anyway,he seems like a sweetie.....we'll see.

Back to work......you do the bike?? See, I don't even want to get on one, even though it doesn't go anywhere....lol....

Take Care, Cristi
Old 03-11-2004, 01:11 AM   #45  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Late poster today.

Well, I did my presentation and it was horrible!! All my settings I had done here at home, did not show up at school. VERY unprepared!! But hey...it's only part of my grade in the class so I suppose I won't worry too much about it.

I forgot to mention yesterday about Jhanai's choir recital or program....

She did her solo and I was so proud!!! I couldn't keep the smile from my face!! I was smiling from ear to ear for miles!! She sounded so sweet!!

I had brought my camcorder, my digital camera and my 35mm. camera. I wanted pictures!! Well, I left my house without checking the batteries on my digital camera so I managed to get only 2 pictures out! Then, the people in front of us were moving like crazy and I couldn't get very good shots on the camcorder and my little 35mm. doesn't have a zoom!! Can you believe that?

But the school did have some company come in to tape the whole thing and so her dad bought one and I plan on making a copy from that.

And the poor thing was feeling terrible that night too. She had been sick and had stayed home a few days from school, but she wanted to go to this recital. And she did beautifully!! I'm so proud!!!

Ahhhh.....just had to share that all with you!! I'm going to get ready for bed. I keep hearing Jhanai's sweet little voice in my head. My baby!!

I will chat tomorrow.

marti

Cristi---I also would like Rita's address if she doesn't mind.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote